Barker and Stonehouse Reviews

Tell us how Barker and Stonehouse made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a month
Over a week
"Don't understand all the bad reviews as I've had fantastic service throughout. Delivery was on time and all furniture arrived in perfect condition and placed where I wanted it. Would highly recommend."
Are you Barker and Stonehouse? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"People will always complain - which can give a disproportionate view. My experience with B&S was fantastic from start to finish. Great advice for Paul and David in the Newcastle store. And of course Amber in the service customer department. All in all a pleasant experience. Not to mention the great quality furniture . (Ercol sofa and chair - delivered by one of the best delivery teams I have ever encountered. Polite - immaculately clean - simply put delivery experts). Thanks to all and B&S :)"
"Awesome experience with barker and Stonehouse - ordered the san Quentin table with matching bench and leather chairs, managed to get the bench and table from the outlet store for a great price. Communication was all via email with a lady called Lauren Poulter who couldn’t have done more to help me get the best prices and add extra things to my existing delivery to save on delivery costs. She really was outstanding and very friendly from the start right up to helping me when the delivery was running slightly late (just by half an hour). Delivery men were fab, constructed everything and the quality of the furniture is great. Couldn’t complain about anything. Thank you."
"Amazing respectful service every time. I was helped with a 3 piece suite - given extra discount for large order - cup of coffee included as I was tired - treated like a queen at a time I was caring for a 97 year old mother. It meant so much to have a task to do and enjoy it - well done Barker and Stonehouse. Thank you."
"Very good customer service, option to hold products for a couple of month until our home is built."
"I’m probably going to get slated for this, but I do have to say, that maybe I was just lucky..it is what it is and we’re happy with the service all in. we have just brought the small NAVOJOS wardrobe to complement the rest of it’s range in our main bedroom, as promised it was delivered on time with no told issues until we unpacked it.. it had obviously sustained an injury to its legs, so backed with photos, I contacted the customer service and was delt with by a very pleasent young lady (Harriet) a couple of options were given but I went with the exchange (collection/redelivery) all was good 10days later we received our new wardrobe only to find it, not as we wanted I called the service desk once again and was delt with in a very suitable manner, with a mutual acceptance by both. I can honestly say I have no greavences with customer services they did a great job ;-) Thank you Harri A"
"Corner sofa ordered first week in January 2019 today is 16th May 2019. 22nd March sofa delivered 3 matching upgraded cushions other 2 different style and colour. Rug delivered totally wrong rug. Today 16th May correct rug delivered..No cushions. Customer Service just pass on to other people. I bought from this company as they have a good name. I still haven't used my sofa as I want even wear on the cushions. I have been treat disgustingly passed from pillar to post. Next time I will stick with my old favourites DFS. Do not use this company if you want your furniture in under 6 months!!"
"We visited Battersea branch, one of the staff were very pushy and were choosing the fabric of the sofas etc she was bored and looking around! I am aware this isn't the most exciting to chose someone else's sofa but a bit of professionalism wouldn't harm! They promise you anything just to buy it and once the item is ready for the delivery they inform about the conditions- delivery every other weekend, full day slots etc. Shame, disappointing experience"
"17 years ago we lived in house in Stokesley N. Yorks. Its was a beautiful house & thanks to having a good job, it was happily fully furnished by Barker & Storehouse and was n absolute pleasure to live in. We then had to move to Scotland for work and now after 17 years we have returned to our favourite market town of Stokesley once again to retire. Again to complete our new home we purchased two new settees from what was our favourite furniture shop (Barker & Storehouse) actually in Nov 2017. The units arrived in May 2018 and were terrible with the hide covering all slack & flapping, the rear spring digging in your back when you were sat and the cushion covers totally the wrong colours for our new living room. I did complain to B&S and asked to return the settees which they refused. So some months later a Technician arrived. He fixed the slack on the settees but could do nothing about the spring. So as the customer support was so bad I offered to close the whole issue and live with what we had if B&S would replace the cushion covers we requested. The reply was they had identified there were two colours for these cushion covers Barley something and Barley something else and the wrong box had been ticked so they would contact the seller to have them replaced. They did come back telling us they could replace at a cost of £880 for the four cushions, so needless to say when I picked myself up from the floor I once again complained resulting in a new offer from B&S (as a good client gesture) to purchase the same covers for £350. which I obviously refused and since all communication has stopped, so we are stuck with something we really don’t want. Needless to say I’m so sorry for B&S which used to be such a great family business as we could have easily compromised, simply by supplying a new set of the correct colour cushion covers but looks like this was a “NO”. Accordingly it now seems B&S manage themselves as a typical we have your money now on you bike and sod off and it’s just so sad they have sunk themselves by joining the terrible rat race."
"Hi there, To whoever reads this review please take it seriously as I have never received such disappointing service before. This is actually the very first bad google review that I have ever written. Their stores look beautiful but that is it I’m afraid. I’ve spent nearly £3,500 with Barker and Stonehouse and wish I hadn’t. Here is my experience. 1. The delivery guys simply dumped my dining room table and couldn’t be bothered to install it as agreed in store. I live on my own and cannot lift up a solid oak table on my own. Also it’s not your everyday tools required to put it together. I had to give up another afternoon off work so that they could come back and assemble it. 2. 4 out of the other 6 items which were delivered that day were damaged. Rather than send replacements, they sent somebody round to just touch it up with paint. Shocking considering this is brand new furniture. One of the problems is a dining table bench which clearly has not been lacquered in the same way as the other bench. This has been confirmed from the furniture specialist they sent round who agreed something’s not right. I have not heard anything back from Barker and Stonehouse on this matter. 3. I am missing 4 metal prongs which should have come with the shelving unit I ordered. These are to support the shelf. On the phone, they surprisingly had no idea which ones I needed and I’ve been sent the wrong ones twice. I still have not received them. 4. Also, one of the items that was initially delivered was incorrect. They sent me a replacement today and guess what…. it is damaged. This has been going on for weeks now and wasted 4 days off work so that I could be in for them to keep coming round and fixing their many mistakes. They are also very non-flexible with long distance deliveries (even if you do only live 2 hours away!). There is something seriously wrong here and I really do urge you to NOT order from Barker and Stonehouse."
"Ordered an wardrobe 10 months ago, they deliveries it after 3 months of waiting, with demanded and missing parts. Then the sales people passed us over to their useless customer service, who ordered the replacement parts, waited another 3 months, they claimed replacements damaged during the delivery, so need to order again. Went to talk to the sales, they took no responsibility, but says customer service is the only channel to resolve the issue. Ok, waited another 3 months , the replacement parts delivered, but it was the wrong part. Wooo, how this company operates is a mystery. Now asking for refund, they do not give any compensation, no reply of refund, just waiting . I hope this is the worst buying experience of my life. And please avoid yours"
"Dreadful aftercare. Damaged flooring whilst delivering furniture. I would have done a better job than the delivery drivers. I would not recommend and I have now lost trust in the company. I certainly won’t but from them again."
"The worst company I have ever had contact with. 9 months without the correct bedside tables to match wardrobes and failed deliveries (not turning up/ damaged replacements). The product was bad the customer service was on a whole other level. Broken promises, being hung up on just to name a few. It’s been a terrible experience and one I hope one I never come across again. Safe to say we will never order from barker and stone house again."
"If it was possible to give 0 they would get it.My leather reclining sofa has failed to function almost since the day it was bought.Now on my second 5 month wait for parts,part has now been misplaced and no one seems to be able to shed any light on where it is. Staff at store do not answer the telephone and do not bother to call back if you leave a message. Customer service poor. Goods not fit for purpose."
"Absolutely substandard Quality. Coffee table 10 months old and edges flaking. Customer service dire. Do not buy here"
"I seem to be in good company here saying this company is full of lying rude arrogant individual who have no idea abiu customer service or delivering the product they sell."
"Terrible experience; was rung up and told there was slight damage to my order of a glass side table, glass console table and glass nest of tables. I had to ring up three times to get the delivery - originally promised within a couple of days; finally arrived 4 weeks later. One of the nest was completely smashed. The other two BOTH had chips in them. The glass side table had a 2.5 inch piece of glass broken off - and the console table was scratched. I sent to lot back. I have had three conversations with their customer service people and have yet to be refunded despite promises after 6 weeks. No apology - central people blame the store"
"Worst company ever!!! Ordered a rug and was informed there was a three week delivery period, which was fine. However, three weeks elasped and not heard a thing so contacted Barker and Stonehouse only to find rug was discontinued so I would not be receiving it. Why was availability not checked at the time of ordering? Company breached contract of sale but happy to gain interest on my money for 4 weeks. No apology or compensation offered. Buyers beware!!!!!"
"Worst company I have ever dealt with had bad experience a few years ago said I would never shop at your store again but saw a nice coffee table I liked thought I would give you another try could not be as bad now surely how wrong was I you have gotten worse coffee table legs have lots of paint missing offered 10 pounds what an insult ignored texts promised to get in touch never do I wonder if you have anybody working in your store as every body you are told to speak to is not at work today takeing the table back to morrow as looked like I found it at the bottom of a cliff"
"RE: NAVAJOS RECLAIMED WOOD PANELLED BED FRAME, CHESTNUT We bought this bed a year ago when we moved house, we have spent an absolute fortune at B&S on furniture for a 5 bed house. I'd agree with other posts that B&S charge a fortune, which to be fair I don't mind paying if you get a quality product, unfortunately you don't and its just marketing hype! The bed is not fit for purpose, it looks great however the slat system comes undone all the time and slats pop out. The more annoying thing is the central support is far too flimsy to support the weight of the slats, a superking matress and two people. The central support ended up bending! Far cheaper Ikea beds are better designed and sturdier. I've had to buy a central support and fixings from Ikea and modified the base. It's now sturdy and doesn't creek waking me up every time I turn over! In summary, overpriced badly and badly designed. engineered!"
Barker and Stonehouse is rated 1.60 based on 43 reviews