Halo Reviews

of reviewers recommend Halo
Read Halo Reviews

About Halo:

Halo is a registered charity and social enterprise running 22 sport and leisure centres throughout Herefordshire, Bridgend County Borough, Shropshire and Swindon on behalf of the local authorities. We often discuss our status as a social enterprise, but many of our customers are unsure of what it actually means and more importantly, how it benefits them. Being a social enterprise means Halo trades for social purposes. We are a registered charity and 'not for profit' organisation, with no shareholders.

The money we make is ploughed back into the facilities.

iain.hayes@haloleisure.org.uk

Tell us how Halo made you happy
Halo 5 star review on 12th March 2022
Halo 5 star review on 21st February 2022
Peter W
Halo 5 star review on 16th February 2022
Sophie B
I didn’t have much luck getting the information I needed on the website so decided to go in and speak to a person. Much better, very helpful and sorted us out. Very pleased with face to face
(Hereford LP) - Posted 6 hours ago
Some equipment needs updating or maintenance to keep it usable, at times some machines out of use for too long but overall the gym equipment is in good condition
(Bridgnorth) - Posted 6 hours ago
It would be great to see more swimming sessions added. Facilities also need a bit of work. Lots of lockers, with faulty locks or no keys. Trying to find a cubicle in the morning is impossible, people should not be leaving their stuff in the cubicles and using the lockers to allow others to change. Very unfair, mentioned this to the staff and they said signs were up. Couldn’t see any and this should be enforced.
(Ynysawdre) - Posted 8 hours ago
I play babminton every Tuesday and the court is always ready and staff are friendly and very helpful
(Severn) - Posted 8 hours ago
Generally fine. Could be cleaner and maintained better
(Hereford LP) - Posted 8 hours ago
Nobody picks up the phone! Frustratingly, I have tried on several occasions to book a Sunday family swim with plenty of notice and have been unable to do so quite simply because nobody was there to answer the telephone.
(Ross) - Posted 16 hours ago
Have been a Halo member for many years.Was very impressed with the Covid measures that were put in place during the Pandemic,and still are in a limited way in toning suite. Staffing levels seem to be a issue sometimes on reception area, you have to wait a long time to have your card scanned to get to your class,long queues and quires being answered in the same reception area causing problems. Staff are helpful and polite. The car parking is a major issue, hopefully when the car registration is up and running it will make a difference???.Parking in unauthorised areas need to be addressed,very dangerous.
(Bridgend Life) - Posted 21 hours ago
Fantastic inspirational staff all are friendly and helpful including domestic and reception staff
(Hereford LP) - Posted 1 day ago
Generally very good, staff are polite and helpful. Some of the equipment and changing rooms are in urgent need of an upgrade.
(Maesteg SC) - Posted 1 day ago
Everyone was very polite as it was our first visit we had directions around the centre :)
(Bridgend Life) - Posted 1 day ago
Facilities are fine (I only use the pool occasionally); staff are absolutely lovely, especially brilliant during lockdown. My only gripe is that we are still having to book for lane swimming; my freelance work is of a nature which means I need to go when I can, not when I have an appointment, if that makes sense!
(Hereford LP) - Posted 1 day ago
Good facilities and enthusiastic teachers. Shame no cafe and no one picks up the phone!!
(Hereford LP) - Posted 1 day ago
Hi Jill, We have a lovely cafe on site that serves fantastic coffee and cake - treat yourself the next time you visit the centre, I recommend the brownies :) Halo Leisure
I use the pool, it’s clean & good temperature, the changing room clean but two of the communal showers didn’t stay on for a few seconds & water coming out sides of shower heads. They might have been fixed, haven’t used since my first visit this year. And of course the staff are great.
(Severn) - Posted 1 day ago
Used Halo pool for a long time now staff very polite and friendly
(Pyle) - Posted 2 days ago
Thank you for your positive comments on our centre and staff, I will share your feedback with the team. Thanks
Always ready to help ,friendly and able to assist when asked
(Pyle) - Posted 2 days ago
Thank you for your positive feedback and 5 stars on our centre, we are glad to hear you enjoy using our facilities. I will share your comments with the team.
Gym was always too busy, classes boring and always over booked. I could never access the weights area, on several occasions some other gym members would stop me using an under equipment stating they were using it when they were not. When I went to find a staff me member none were about to help, which was often the case!
(Hereford LC) - Posted 2 days ago
Staff are super friendly and will help with any issue. They make swimming a pleasure and are always offering friendly advice and tips.
(Maesteg SP) - Posted 2 days ago
Hi Lyndsey Thanks for the positive feedback, will pass on to the team Thanks
Lessons are good, facilities are poor. Toilets out of order for weeks, tiles broken. No hair drying facilities in gents (dads with female children with long hair). Health suite a state
(Maesteg SP) - Posted 2 days ago
Hi Coni, Thanks for the feedback, Our maintenance team will be completing the tiling over the coming weeks Also the toilets will be fixed Thanks
Friendly staff ( usually ! ) A clean and pleasant place. It's a shame that the sauna doesn't operate.
(Hereford LP) - Posted 2 days ago
Thanks for your feedback. We also miss the sauna :(
We always enjoy our visits to the centre.
(Ogmore Valley) - Posted 2 days ago
thanks, Bray we are glad you have a good experience at the centre
Halo is rated 4.18 based on 1,767 reviews