Halo Reviews

of reviewers recommend Halo
Read Halo Reviews

About Halo:

Halo is a registered charity and social enterprise running 22 sport and leisure centres throughout Herefordshire, Bridgend County Borough, Shropshire and Swindon on behalf of the local authorities. We often discuss our status as a social enterprise, but many of our customers are unsure of what it actually means and more importantly, how it benefits them. Being a social enterprise means Halo trades for social purposes. We are a registered charity and 'not for profit' organisation, with no shareholders.

The money we make is ploughed back into the facilities.

Tell us how Halo made you happy
I am disappointed about the internet connection.
(Bridgend Life) - Posted 3 days ago
Staff are very helpful and friendly. During these times everything seems well organised with clear instructions and directions etc.
(Ledbury) - Posted 4 days ago
Hi Graham, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. I am so pleased you have found our procedures well organised and the staff very helpful I will be sure to pass then on, Kind regards, Jess
I love coming to this pool, it is very clean and the staff are really nice and helpful. The only minor complaint is that not all changing room doors lock.
(Ynysawdre) - Posted 5 days ago
Hi Alyson, Thank you for your positive comments and we appreciate your feedback on the cubicles. These are being dealt with. Many thanks Ynysawdre Team
Reception staff aren't very knowledgeable and some are rude. Have a lot of issues with the app and bookings. Gym floor staff disappear off for ages and then when you do ask for advice or assistance seem really put out.
(Hereford LC) - Posted 6 days ago
Variety of classes,easy to book through the app.Free parking for members is a plus.The studio is clean and bright with air con which can be temperamental! I would like some yoga classes or tai chi on the timetable in the future.Overall a pleasant place to spend a morning.
(Hereford LC) - Posted 1 week ago
It's a very pleasant experience visiting the centre, nice atmosphere, friendly staff. my only gripe! is , i'm having trouble getting booked in! otherwise no complaints keep up the good work you are all doing thankyou all very much.
(Highworth) - Posted 1 week ago
Hi Christine, Thank you very much for your positive review and comments, I will pass these onto the rest of the staff. Hopefully once restrictions ease and we can open up more spaces for swimming it will be easier for you to book on. Thank you Martin
Music in some classes too loud. I’d rather hear the instructions Limited variety of classes.
(Ross) - Posted 1 week ago
We appreciate your 3 star review, every comment to us is valued. We're sure we can deliver a consistant level of volume for all classes. We are continuously reviewing our group exercise programme so please check the app for any updates.
The Halo Centre is the perfect solution for any one wanting to participate in fitness for the following reasons: Friendly - Clean - variety- very helpful staff - great instructors - happy atmosphere- flexible- good parking- very reasonably priced for all facilities and venues. Attracts other users with similar views and mindset regarding fitness activities, creating an enjoyable experience. Would recommend Halo as a number 1 choice for a fitness experience.
(Hereford LC) - Posted 1 week ago
I really enjoyed the Body Blitz group exercise class at Ross Swimming Pool last night
(Ross) - Posted 2 weeks ago
We had a 7 day free pass to use the gym before looking into memberships. Unfortunately the gym for us was far too small, not enough weight machines. The weight area was too small for our requirements.
(Pencoed) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We're sorry our gym at Pencoed wasn't what you were looking for. We have a range of centres across Bridgend County that offer different services. It may be worth looking at Bridgend Life Centre or Ynysawdre Swimming Pool as they have larger gyms with a range of different machinery and weights that might better suit your needs. Thanks
Well organised and clean
(Ross) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for our five star review. We are all really proud of our centre!
I was very grateful for the service I received, having never been to the facility before. As soon as I made the gentleman aware of this, I was given a tour and the new covid rules were explained clearly.
(Ynysawdre) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Hi Ashley, Thank you for your comments. I will ensure the staff are aware of your positive visit and the positive comments. Enjoy your workouts and we will see you soon. If you need any help or assistance just ask a member of staff who will gladly help. Thanks YSP Team
Yes another brilliant swim