Elite Models Online Reviews

of reviewers recommend Elite Models Online
Read Elite Models Online Reviews

About Elite Models Online:

With more than 30 years experience in the model retail business having opened our first store in 1988, we aim to supply you with the greatest variety of models at extremely competitive prices. The team at Model World UK strive to provide excellent customer service - we don't just sell models we all have a love for what we do, and we also take part competitively in our hobbies, be it flying helicopters, quads, aeroplanes or racing cars and buggies. We love our jobs - who wouldn't enjoy working with these big boys toys all day everyday!

In the spring of 2013 we moved from our site at Maidstone to our new purpose built store in Sittingbourne where we have been able to grow and expand our offerings to you in a bright and welcoming store. And, in 2019 we nearly doubled the actual shop floor space to bring you even more products and also to allow us to launch the Sittingbourne Lego Store.

We are currently open Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 6pm

dean@centuryuk.com

MODELWORLD UK T/A.UNIT 1. ANCHOR BUSINESS PARKCASTLE ROAD

I ordered a tacho. Product was fine and arrived promptly - with a completely flat battery (0.4V instead of 3v!)

Apparently a lot of other people from other vendors have had the same issue, so its no especial criticism of Elite, but yes they COULD have checked the unit before shipping...
No reply from helpline
Delivery v good
The model supplied was quite disappointing ,the instructions are very poor using the same number for different pieces, the balsa stringers are too thin and fragile , try a different manufacturer next time
Hard to say. I ordered a small item on 10th December for Christmas, and when I called around the 20th to see when it would arrive was told that the order could not be fulfilled, and that I had had an email telling me so, with a refund. I cannot find that email in any inbox or spam. I re-ordered, with a new delivery date of 23rd December, and sadly (on 24th) it has still not arrived. With Christmas post this cannot be guaranteed, of course, but I feel that the lack of communication about the fitrst order being cancelled was poor customer service - even if an email had been sent, a phone call would have been nice, and then I could have re-ordered in good time, or gone elsewhere. The people I spoke to were very polite and apologised about the cancellation of the first order, and no doubt the goods are fine, but I do not have an item for Christmas that was first ordered 2 weeks in advance.
Although the site was advertising that the product I required was in stock & accepted my payment, the product was out of stock!. Is there no way of stopping this from happening?
The company did ring me to explain which i thought was good service & refunded me promptly, but it was a shame that they couldn't nip the issue in the bud earlier.
some items were missed on delivery but were charged for and no offer of good will proffered as a result.
I purchased a couple of parts for my boys radio controlled car. Needed both parts to fix it. Suddenly got a partial refund only to find one item was no longer available. It would of been nice to be contacted about this rather than sending part of the order which didn’t really help finish the repairs. Postage was a rip-off @ £4.99 for a item that would have fitted in a small envelope.
Had been expecting my order to be delivered the following day as paid additionally for. Order eventually arrived on the following Monday.

Not sure why I paid the additional money?
Not as Robust as advertised.
Dented nose on second throw!
brought an rc car of them with a dodgy battery emailed them and messaged them but no answer.
Ordered model, then they followed up with additional amount required for P&P, I said sent paypal payment htru - but they didnt follow up. Ended up calling them. If I didnt want the model I would have cancelled the order. Will think twice before ordering from them again.
My experience was poor. I ordered something online listed as in stock. I then waited three days before enquiring about the delay. Only then was I told the item actually was not in stock. Someone had apparently phoned me one time only on the first day. This call I missed.
Stock was not as per the online detail.

They contacted me to let me know, I cancelled my order.

Would consider them in the future.
Still waiting on my slash, charger and Batt. Got a call the next day saying it was out of stock but I'm top of the list, but advertised as being in stock. All good 😊
I have just ordered a Cherokee aircraft from the company. My first plane didn’t fly very well because of the propeller coming off regularly and I have had two propellers from the company and I lost the first one and the second one got twisted and then broke into two pieces. I would like the company to upgrade the quality of the propeller that comes with the sport cub 500 aircraft model which is a basic model for beginner pilots like myself.
Paid 8 pounds for next day delivery items in stock. Not dispatched until following week. Still awaiting email reply about refunding the postage. If you can't dispatch same day then don't offer it. Avoid
I like the range and presentation on the website, and accept that during the Covid crisis delivery arrangements can be challenging. However, on the date of my order I paid £7.99 for next day delivery, and the package took four days to arrive. Maybe you should not offer and charge for speedy delivery if you can't be sure. I will shop with Elite again, but will be wary about delivery.
After order placement I never got notified updates of further steps or shipping, nor my email query was answered. The package was shipped was 7 days. The website said the shipping times to be normal 2-3 days.
The item did not arrive and there was no communication from the company. I can understand if they are having difficulties with deliveries during lockdown but I’m sure they could have at least had some kind of response to Emails in place.
Ordered an item (two cans of Testors dullcote). Received a paypal refund the next day. Assume that the item was out of stock/unavailable in current COVID-19 circumstances. Item had presented as available on the website and order allowed and placed.
No further details provided to me.
Given three stars as refund was prompt at least, even if no further details were given.
Elite Models Online is rated 4.73 based on 1,252 reviews