Premier TEFL Reviews

of reviewers recommend Premier TEFL
Read Premier TEFL  Reviews

About Premier TEFL :

Quality Assured Training Centre

Helping English speakers explore the entire world with internationally recognised, Ofqual regulated (Level 5), fully accredited TEFL courses.

+44 (0)1273 782869

Premier TEFL  5 star review on 13th November 2020
Carol Stanford
Premier TEFL  5 star review on 1st October 2020
Patricia Walker
Highly NOT recommended. 1) Most of the content is useless and it's not enough to enable you to teach. I expected the final assignment to be a detailed lesson plan, but it was a 150-word lesson plan. It's a joke, it helps with nothing and prepares you for nothing! Furthermore, they don't even give an example of a detailed lesson plan. 2) It's full of mistakes, errors and typos. 3) Most of the content of videos and audio recordings is duplicated in writing. 4) A lot of questions in the quizzes are not clear enough, so students have to guess what is meant. What is even more confusing is that beginnings are copy-pasted from other units and are unrelated. 5) In the quizzes some answers which are actually wrong are marked as right and vice versa. At least four. 6) There is no tutor at all, only customer support. 7) When I point out the mistakes and send them proper scientific proof, they disregard it and start to push their weight around ("our course writer has 20/40 years of teaching experience") which is just horribly impolite and unprofessional. I have been teaching for 18 years, so bullying doesn't work for me, sorry. Professionals are supposed to provide scientific sources to prove their point, like theoretical grammar books authors and titles, theses etc., but there's nothing professional about PremierTEFL. 8) By the way, the course has no proper credentials or source list. 9) When they give a point of view on a controversial issue, they only give the one they accept, without mentioning that it’s not the only option and that alternatives exist. 10) When I report mistakes via the online feedback form they suggested, I get no response at all. 11) All the videos have the same monotonous background music, which is not a good idea, after 40 years of teaching they should know that. The speaker’s pronunciation is not exactly BBC English or Queen’s English. I don’t mind different accents and they’re really useful for learners, but the speaker they recorded is a very bad choice for lecturing. Her constant slurping is so off-putting and disgusting that it gets on your nerves when you listen and doesn’t let you concentrate on what the content. 12) Now when I finished the course, it’s unclear what is supposed to happen. My certificates have been already paid for, but no one contacts me and I there’s not even a digital certificate in my account. At least I hope they’ll be honest and I will get those certificates to compensate for my wasted time and money. They have definitely not put much effort into the course and aren’t trying to fix their mistakes, which means they chose to spread ignorance. Taking into account they claim it’s Ofqual regulated, I feel I have to take the problem to higher level, since the authorities which control the quality of their service have to know.
We're really sad to read that you weren't satisfied with your TEFL training experience Mariya 🎓 One of our team is going to call you now to see how we can make it right 💙
I am in the process of filing a formal complaint against this company with the governing accreditation bodies. One of two things is going on (I don't have enough info to know so the powers that be will sort it out): Either the tests are designed to be so vague that you fail repeatedly and are then forced to pay for further retakes to get your official certification - or the assessor I had is entirely bonkers and demanding things that the actual testing requirements and test verbiage do not specify as necessary (and that no reasonable person would assume are necessary to answer the question correctly such as 2-3-4 examples of things, justifications for each thing, word by word transcripts of what a situation would entail, etc - all of which blows the maximum word count permissible out the door). I think it's ridiculous that in order to move past the halfway point of the program, you are REQUIRED to leave a review for them. Seriously, there is no way a person can evaluate the program and know if they were adequately prepared to teach until AFTER they've completed the course, been hired somewhere and put these teachings to use.
I'm not a fan of how they effectively force you to leave a review half way through the course! (Clicking on the "Click here to move on" button is redundant as you don't actually move on to your next teaching section, you're just taken back to the main menu. Then rinse and repeat!) The course is as expected - just walls of dry text to try and memorise with not much variety or interactivity past a couple YouTube videos every now and again... Then a multiple choice quiz at the end of each module consisting of 10 questions per quiz. Though they aren't the most comprehensive of tests to complete! These kinds of qualification's will never replace real teaching experience but is a necessary evil for the majority if not all teaching positions in China (or wherever...) The UI is pretty basic and not very well laid out. It feels as if it was primitively designed 10 years ago and hasn't been updated since. For the price paid they should really have some interactive AI based activities to really hammer in the knowledge. Expect to retain about 10% of the information learnt. The real training will begin in the classroom and I expect it to be a baptism by fire situation! You would do well to expect the same. Haven't used the customer service so I can't comment about this. Overall I think this TEFL will serve as well as most other's so you're not really going to go wrong with using it. Best to wait until they have a sale.
Feel like having your dreams crushed and being used as an ATM machine? This is the program for you. Not only will you be nickeled and dimed for all manner of expenses, you also get to witness incompetence at levels you have never experienced before. But you want to help students learn English, can’t you do that? Oh, you can do that, but not with these bozos. Read the following to learn the details of my nightmare. I got to Chiang Mai full of hopes and dreams of starting a new life in Thailand and being there for many years and completed the two week training course. However, do not expect to get your qualification after that, because you need to do the whole program, even though I was told you can obtain part of the qualification after training. Furthermore, hope you do not get Shouvik as a trainer because he thinks he is great, but is in fact quite useless. At the end of the training is when you will find out where you are placed and which school and age group you will be teaching. Furthermore, you will get help finding your apartment and help with your visas/ work permit and opening up a bank account. However, what they forgot to say during these emails before I left Thailand is that I will need to spend lots more money on visa extensions and visa runs, even though I came in on a 60-day tourist visa. Turns out Thailand are quite slow on processing documents, but these companies do nothing to assist and shift the blame on others. Why SEE TEFL could not process the documents when we visited after the first day of training is beyond me....They also promised to open up a Thai bank account but the school needs to do that as well apparently. But everything was fine after I got my placement and I had to wait a week before it started, so plenty of time for these companies to assist me in getting a place to live. Right? Wrong! I ended up getting an apartment of my own accord and I only did that through a friend. These companies version of help is to send you links off Google and let you deal with everything that follows. They DO NOT arrange apartments for you to look at, you need to do it all. However, if pushed, they do arrange an agency to help you called Perfect Homes. If you hear of this agency, which are based in Chiang Mai, run the other way because you are wasting your time and then when you complain the director of SEE TEFL suggests that you find another agency, even though he and his wife introduced you to them in the first place!!! In addition, it transpires that you need to purchase your own uniform from the school (more expense), you will work additional hours but will get paid no overtime, you may work 10 hour days and that you will work at least one weekend a month due to parents evening and activity days. But all of that is fine because you will be earning between 28,500- 34,000baht even though people with similar experience and qualifications are earning around 45,000baht and that I have it on good authority that SEE TEFL take a portion of your salary per month. Around this time other trainees were sent to Bangkok and were given dodgy contracts to sign whereby they had to forfeit their passports and half of their salary…… I was advised my Premier TEFL & SEE TEFL to sign the six-month apartment and my internship contract, even though all this uncertainty and all these issues were nowhere near resolved! Who do you think would be liable for the contracts if I chose to leave because of all these issues? And this is their expert advice.... Surprisingly, I chose not to take their expert advice on this occasion and decided to withdraw from the process. Furthermore, I had to leave Thailand as SEE TEFL did not even start processing my visas/ work permit and I had stayed in Thailand for three months, so I decided to leave and go back to the UK. But, if this happens to you, you will then get the pleasure of more emails and phone calls from Premier TEFL & SEE TEFL asking what went wrong, even though I told them countless times what the issues were. What happened then is I was sent intimidating emails by SEE TEFL directors stating that they will pursue legal action and block any future entries into Thailand for not signing the teaching contract! This was then followed by a phone call from Premier TEFL going over what I already stated in an email and her pretty much putting all the blame on me! So, I wasted more time and effort dealing with this, not to mention the money I have wasted on this whole process. These companies do not take accountability for their actions and will try their hardest to blame you, even though it is clearly their fault and the lack of information they give you at the start of the process. Now they will not even return my phone calls and emails and have said the incident has been resolved…..! All I wanted was a sincere apology from them and for them to reimburse some of my expenses….I have now got the English and European Trading Standards involved and they are very interested in this situation. So, these are now my top tips for anyone considering teaching in a foreign country. These companies place huge importance on the qualifications that they offer, but in the real world you do not really need them as I applied for jobs in Chiang Mai when I decided to go solo and all of the places did not ask for the qualification. Or do the four week course instead of the internship. So, I do hope this review helps you to make an informed decision about these companies and about the other options available to you. I wish more honest reviews were available when I started this process at the beginning of the year.
Hi Kevin, it’s never our intention to have any of our customers feel let down; our many discussions have explored your points in great detail. We’ve been so disappointed that over our communications we haven’t been able to bring about a positive resolution for you. We truly wish you the best for your future endeavors.
The 120 hour course took me perhaps 25 hours to complete and was largely filler. While some information was helpful, much of it was rushed through. There were about a dozen videos, and two were simply Premier TEFL recruitment advertisements. Most of the others were very low quality. At the end Premier TEFL tries to shoehorn you into buying a copy of your certificate (which you already paid good money for). They also offer letters of recommendation, and teaching opportunities you must pay for. While Premier TEFL is not a scam, it's not much better. Their main interest is getting as much money from you for as little content as possible. Getting a TEFL certificate in person is a chore, but it'll actually teach you something in the long run.
Ryan, we're so sorry to read that you haven't had a good experience with us 😱 one of our team will call you now to see how we can fix it for you 💙
The course I did was suppose to be a 120h course. I did it in 4h. I am sad to say that if I become a manager at a training school if I see someone come to me with a Premier TEFL certificate only, I would put them through extra hoops before hiring them (demos and questions about teaching). On that side I am glad I got to do this one since the company I work for now required me to do either this one or another one (which from other teachers takes much longer). The reason I give a 2 and not a 1 is that the information in this course is relevant and useful and reflects what I've learned from the other 3 courses I already did. The big flaw in the course as it is now is the assessment - Number 1 - The questions stay the same for the quiz meaning I can pass by just trying the quiz again and again guessing the right answers. Number 2 - The thought activities are good but need to form a part of the assessment. If you have any other questions about this course feel free to contact me.
We're really sad to read that you feel that you haven't had the best possible experience during your TEFL certification; one of our team is going to call you shortly to see how we can make it right.
The Premier TEFL 290 hour course is great. It covers many topics, like business English, the TOEIC test, and the IELTS test, which some competitors don't cover, and its accredited at a high level. I think these things set you up for better job prospects. Premier TEFL is more laid back when it comes to recruiting people for their courses, unlike ITA (internat. tefl academy), but don't be fooled. It offers great products and services at a fraction of the cost of its competitors. They have scholarships, internships, and job assistance guidance. If you are interested in testing the waters, not sure what you want to do with your life, or want to teach and travel for a few years, this is a bargain. If you're 100% sure you want to be teacher abroad and teach adults for a long time, maybe your whole life, CELTA may be better for you. Drawback: Some typos in the content, and the content and the audio recordings use the word 'quite' quite a lot, which gets annoying pretty fast. Suggestion for improvement: Premier TEFL can be difficult to get a hold of from time to time. I suggest being more accessible.
Sameer, thank you so much for the great 5⭐review! So pleased to hear you've found the course so comprehensive 😃 We promise to review every suggestion, thank you for giving yours 🙌 Your recommendation means the world to us, thanks again 💙
I had a very interesting experience with Premier TEFL. I purchased one of the paid TEFL internships with the TEFL course included in the package. I was specifically told that there was a 90% chance I would get the internship position after I paid and had an interview, and was told that the only reason I would not get the job is if I had a criminal record (which I didn't). Long story short I did not get the internship, and I was only refunded half of my deposit. I was able to keep the TEFL course, but after not getting the job, if I decide to go a different direction that is not something I would ever need. Employees of Premiere TEFL should not be telling customers that they are qualified and will get the job applied for if that is simply not the case. It almost seems as if this is a scam for money, because if you do not get the job the company keeps most of your money. Though I did not have a good experience with this company, I would like to say the customer service is amazing. If I had any questions or technical issues with the online TEFL course, there was always someone to immediately reply to my emails or phone calls to quickly fix the issue. This was greatly appreciated since I did use the TEFL certification to get a teaching job with another company. Overall, the online TEFL course is easy to use and has many useful resources, with very responsive customer service. Having said this, I would not use this company to apply for a paid internship, especially if there is a deposit for it. Most likely, they have told that you will get the job when in reality they are sending you to a company who has a plethora of qualified applicants with just a few spots of new hires available.
We're really sad to read that you feel that the internship application process was unfair during your TEFL certification; one of our team is going to call you shortly to see how we can make it right 💙 It's great to hear that you enjoyed your TEFL course 🎓 Congratulations on your new TEFL job ✔️🙌
Premier TEFL prompt response from their staff and the easy to navigate Learning Management System (LMS) is enough to put a smile on every enthusiastic learner.
Now you have put a 😃smile😃 on our faces Muhammad with your kind review! Wishing you the best in your TEFL adventure 🛫
The online course is pretty interesting. However the customer service horrible. It takes about 6-9 voice messages/emails to get a response. The only exception is when you are about to sign up. Only then do they talk to you. Even live chat is bad. You have to ask the girl the same question about 2-3 times AFTER she has read the first message. I just hope the program is much better
We're sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience, our team are investigating now - you'll hear from us soon!
I do not have an alternative program to compare Premier TEFL with. This was my first attempt to complete certification with any institution and I am glad that it was offered entirely online and that I could work at my own pace. I am disappointed in the layout of the website and the fact that the fonts used in the learning modules were difficult to read and the text was partially obscured so that even with a 24 inch monitor I had to scroll in order to read everything. I believe that the program overall could have been more like a college-style class, perhaps with assignments through video or writing that would be a better gauge of a student's comprehension than the quizzes were. Everyone I interacted with either on the phone or through email has been great and very professional, I wish that I had had more interaction with the people behind the program as their views and experience are helpful for a student who has never taught before.
Hi there. I have completed 5 of my 7 TEFL courses so far, the Virtual Classroom Meth's course included, this in my experience is a most important "hands on" component of the courses as it puts everything I've learnt about teaching methods into perspective. I enjoyed the experience enormously, our tutor Michelle Benson delivered an engaging and enlightening lesson making the overall experience a most memorable one. Thank you Michelle!
Hi Tanya, Thank you so much for that wonderful and kind review. We're thrilled to hear how much value you got from the virtual classroom methodologies class. We wish you the best of luck ☘️ with all your plans 🤗
Hi . Have just finished on line T.E.F.L 10 hour live classroom with Michelle Benson. This is my second completed course after completing the 120. I will be reccommending to everybody interested in on-line teaching studies to use this portal as I found the 120 a brilliant introduction and the live 10 hour a fantastic follow up.I cannot praise our tutor Michelle Benson highly enough.With her clarity ,enthusiam ,patience and ability to make me feel comfortable and confident and helping me understand the concept of live teaching . Thank you Michelle and hope to cross paths again. Paraic Dolan
Hi Paraic, Thank you so much for your wonderful 5-star review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your 120 Advanced TEFL course and found the 10-hour virtual TEFL course to be a great help! We want to wish you the best of luck with all your future teaching plans! ☘️
I would like to thank Michelle Benson for Classroom Methodologies Course. It was a very interactive and intensive course. Michelle is a super energetic teacher! Highly recommended.
Hi Neringa, Thank you so much for your 5-star review. We'll pass your comments on to Michelle!
The customer service at Premier TEFL is first rate, responsive, and helpful with any concerns or questions you may have. I highly recommend Premier TEFL for your ESL certifications program.
Hi Glen, we're really sad to read that you feel that you did not get your question answered, one of our team is going to contact you to see how we can make it right.
First and foremost, I'd like to thank all the staff at Premier TEFL for being so supportive since day one. Finding them was sort of an act of serendipity and I do not regret having taking the 168-hour Level 5 Course with them. The course was very comprehensive and provided tons of useful information, relevant content and tips to make the challenge of language teaching a lot easier. I'd like to say a special thank you to Gillian Scott, my tutor throughout the course, for her patience, diligence and valuable support. Thank you for lending an ear to each one of my questions and concerns. It really impressed me that she actually took the time to solve each one of the issues I had even when it didn't directly concern her as a tutor. So this only shows the amazing team work at Premier TEFL. Now that I finally obtained my certificate, I know the road to landing a job in language teaching as a non-native may be steep and bumpy, but I am forever grateful to Premier TEFL for helping me take the first step. I highly recommend it as one the best TEFL course providers.
Damian, Thank you so much for your amazing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! We are happy to hear how much you appreciate your course and all the personal contact with our team!! Your words have made our day, this is what we live for! We are always happy to help and advise! We wish you the best of luck ☘️ with all your future teaching plans 🤗
Packed with a lot of resources and information, it’s just so so so long. There’s so much reading to do. I’ve also been having issues with my reading modules not being marked as complete and I can’t advance to take the quiz. Kinda of frustrating when you read through a lengthy 33 part lesson.
Thank you for your 3⭐review! We will take your suggestions into our monthly academic meeting! Thank you for taking the time to highlight this. Please send any specific suggestions to info@premiertefl.com ;-) Best of luck with your future TEFL adventures
I was coerced into doing your course by my current employer because my TEFL certificate doesn't have a certificate number. Your course is just text with multiple choice questions. There is no teaching practice element. No substitute for a class-based TEFL course. Luckily I already know how to teach.
We're so sorry to read that you haven't had a good experience 😱 one of our team will reach out to you now to see how we can fix it for you 💙
Premier TEFL is single-handedly the absolute best TEFL course provider. The team shares a passion and professionalism that is unbeatable. The course material is the highest quality in the industry and the team really give you all the support you could possibly need.
Angelique, Thank you so much for your terrific ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! We are thrilled to hear how much you appreciate your course and the service we are offering. Your kind words made my day! We wish you the best of luck ☘️ with all your future plans 🤗 ✈️
Angelique, Thank you so much for your terrific ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review! We are thrilled to hear how much you appreciate your course and the service we are provided, you kind words have made my day! We wish you the best of luck ☘️ with all your future teaching plans 🤗 ✈️
I purchased the 240HR COURSE, great price as compare to market price , Nice app with offline feature. I highly recommend PREMIER TEFL
Premier TEFL is rated 4.67 based on 2,244 reviews