We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Would not recommend this to anyone sling a car they offered £380 and when we got there they offered £50 what a joke
WASTE OF TIME COMPANY. THE ADVERTISEMENT FROM PHILLIP SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. DO NOT EVEN CONTEMPLATE USING UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET THE VERY MINIMUM FOR YOUR CAR. APPALLING.
I wouldn't recommend anyone deals with this company. The valuation they send to hook you in bears no relation to what they actually offer you. After haggling and getting them to agree a price, which was still £1300 less than the original valuation, I couldn't leave the car with them that day as had no means of transport home. I agreed to take it in next morning. When I arrived they tried to knock another £200 off because they 'couldn't understand how the chap had valued it the day before'! They flat refused to pay the price that was agreed and written down less than 24hrs previously. Avoid avoid avoid.
It's a pitty there is no zero mark
Yer man was about as sociable as a lamppost wound not explain how he knocked £800 pound of for what was age related marks that is the only thing I can think it was for as the car was almost immaculate
They offered reasonable price online, but on a actual visit half of it. Definitely not recommended, terrible
Offer high price online, then half the offer due to unreasonable price cut on the smallest imperfections caused by fair wear and tear. Not worth even bothering with unless your car is showroom condition with no blemishes at all.
well advised to stay clear of we buy any car. Before i took my car to we buy any car I had been warned by several persons that the price they offer you on line is not the price you get.And true enough the price dropped over £500 and the car was immaculate.
STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY
Poor company, failed with next day payment and didn’t even notify me. Will never use again
TOTAL DISGRACE AND POOR SERVICE.
STAY AWAY, ZERO STARS

Took my car to branch on 10/09 and was knocked down £1000 for a couple of wheels and stone chips, to be honest I was expecting this as I have heard of other people’s experience but I wanted a hassle free transaction so I decided to accept.

I paid for next day faster payment as I wanted to purchase another car I had seen.

I called 11/09 around 5 pm as I was getting concerned I had not received any payment and was advised it will be in my bank before 8 PM.

No payment arrived so i Called Saturday to see what the problem was, after making several calls I was finally answered and was advised payment was on hold due to paperwork and the fact I had not had the car very long. I was asked to send paper work over which I did.

I would expect we buy any car to check all paper work for any potential issues before they take possession of my car, but obviously this is not the case.

I called 13/09 to see if any updates and again payment on hold, was advised this had been passed to admin team and is under review.

I have now had to hire a car at a cost of £60 per day to get get my children to school as we buy any car have my car and I have not been paid the funds to purchase another.

I called on 14/09 to been told it’s been escalated to manager and again is under review, although I don’t hold the people at the site responsible I feel the management or head office put them in the firing line as no head office contact number to escalate to and it’s very difficult to get through to the individual site.

My last conversation was with a representative at 5pm this evening, I was advised he could not guarantee when I would receive payment so his manager said I had 2 choices wait for payment without any firm date or have my car back.

I opted to have my car back as I do not want any further dealings with this company, I asked when I could have my car back and was then told by the staff member he could not give me a firm day and more paperwork has to be completed before my car is returned, this is shocking considering I have not been paid as promised and a contract has been signed by both parties.

I find this service utterly disgusting and I am now out of pocket by 100’s for dealing with this company not to mention the time and stress this has caused.

I would advise we buy any car to change it’s process and not take people’s cars until they are sure they can make payment.

My car has been driven by them to a unknown location, I don’t know if it’s covered For any damage caused by them or covered under their insurance, I don’t know who has been driving my car and if it’s been abused and driven recklessly.

Tomorrow I will probably spend all day chasing them and seeing when I can have my car back.

I know they have mostly good reviews but if this can happen to one person then in my opinion it’s one to many and I would advise anyone and everyone to stay well away
What a joke, first valuation for my Toyota Hilux was £3915. Wasn't in a hurry to sell so waited a couple of weeks and went online for an updated valuation... £50. Thank heavens I didn't take it to them after the first valuation, who knows how low an offer they'd have made then! Probably would have asked me to pay them!
Avoid!!!!!!!

As most other comments gave a quote tried to knock me down by £700 by being very picky about small age related mark (Small stone chips).

I walked out saying no chance! Luckily I’m not desperate to sell the car.
Took my immaculate Mazda MX5 with 7000 on the clock , immediately tried to find fault , tried to say it wouldn’t start , ordered him out and it did first time , then tried to fault the paint work , walked away immediately - went to the Mazda garage and the sales man gave me £1000 more and couldn’t find any fault - don’t be a victim
Terrible, traveled all the way to be told my perfect car had scratches and scuffs and high mileage. Total bull#%*%. I didn’t even bother discussing it. Knocked a load of money of the original price, never wrote a review, this is my first but had to do it as they are scammers
Given price of £7420 on my Merc Coupe when I arrived there offered £6,600..I asked why..I was told the price I was quoted was on a Grade 1 car but mine was Grade 3.! My car is in lovely condition for an 8 yr old Merc that’s done only 49,000 with two owners, no chips or scratches and excellent paintwork, with immaculate leather upholstery.. They try to bait you in then offer you a ridiculous low price. What a rip off company, no way would I sell my car to them, I walked away!!
Received valuations on a low mileage car 7 years old. Bearing in mind we buy any car .com know the vehicle is seven years old when you take it in for inspection. They inspect it and start picking fault as if the car should be brand new. Their first offer was 1600 pounds lower than quoted 2 weeks. They are looking for very minor faults to reduce the price they want to pay. It is misleading what is quoted online and bordering on rogue trader practice. They know the vehicle details before you take it in, the age, mileage etc so a shock to be quoted a very low price. Did not sell them my car.
haha what a joke , total disgusting rip off .. Valuations are well below what they should be .. STAY WELL CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY
AVOID! ignorant, rude bully tactics
You have been warned!
I was offered £250 and was made to feel grateful about it I just laughed and walked away Sold it a week later privately for £1300 It's a numbers game If they see enough people then some will give in and accept there too off offer Rich Philip Scolfield should be ashamed of himself but I guess he won't be because easy money can ease certain greedy people's conceince Beware!!!
The price you are quoted by email is temptingly pleasing enough to book an appointment. But when you arrive on the day your car is scrutinised harshly for any slight imperfections and a new quote given vastly less than its true value!! When challenged that the vehicle has all the mot service history and keys and no more imperfections than any other car of 4 years old a slightly improved price is again quoted but still vastly less than original quote!! My advice is stay well away and either sell privately or go to a reputable dealer!!
We Buy Any Car is rated 1.22 based on 185 reviews