We Buy Any Car Reviews

of reviewers recommend We Buy Any Car
Telephone
Read We Buy Any Car Reviews

About We Buy Any Car:

We're the UK's largest car buying service and have helped over 2 million customers to sell their car since 2006. Our simple three step process provides our customers with a quick, easy, safe and convenient way of selling their car. Free from the hassles of private sale and the inevitable haggle of part-exchange. But believe it or not, we do more than just buy cars.

With over 700 employees and over 350 branches nationwide, we're a pretty big team and there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes.

Tell us how We Buy Any Car made you happy
Terrible place to sell your car to. Expect a massive difference in price for your car then the online valuation gives you. Was offered £2000 for a punto so took it down then just beacause it wasn’t in “showroom condition” they knocked it down to £1200. What do they expect for a 9 gear old car! Avoid avoid avoid!
Thank you for your feedback, Luke. We appreciate your comments.
Our online valuations are calculated using only the information that our customers provide, therefore if no scuffs, chips, scratches or dents are declared at this point, the valuation provided will be reflective of this. Whilst we accept that the majority of used cars will have experienced a certain amount of wear and tear, we make no assumptions about the extent of this as it can vary greatly from vehicle to vehicle and we instead rely on our customers to describe the vehicles they have in their possession.

The WBAC Team
Almost didn't go to the appointment after reading these reviews. Glad I went anyway. Arnold Clark offered me £8300 online and then £7300 in person for the car. WBAC offered £9000 online and then £7850 in person. The work that needed done to bring the car up to "showroom standard" would probably total £1000 (4x alloys 3 panels needed painting). All in all I think it was a fair price. Been trying to privately sell for 2 month with constant time wasters. The transaction took 15 minutes and the money was in my bank immediately.
We're happy to hear this! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback 👍

You can also contact or follow/like us at any time on Facebook: http://bit.ly/WBACFB or Twitter: http://bit.ly/WBACTwitter.

The WBAC Team
They offered a nice amount online, you then get called several times regarding the appointment which can be tad annoying. Get to the appointment and actual valuation is a pee take!! £1000 lower than online price but said he has a leverage of 25% so added £250 back on... what a waste of time! £800 worse than online valuation, stay clear unless desperate to sell.
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and apologies for any disappointment caused.

We use exactly the same pricing system on our website as our buyers do in branch. Therefore if the condition/details of the car entered online matches our assessment of your car, then we offer a price which matches the online valuation. However if the details provided online are not accurate this will affect the final price offered.

We do call a customer once they book an appointment, so that we can advise you on what to bring to your appointment, what to expect at your appointment and answer any questions that you may have. We'd only speak with you once in regards to this and would only make contact again if we couldn't get through initally.

The WBAC Team
If you want next to nothing for your car then this mob will take your car off you, but you have to do all the work. Just trade your car in it sell privately. Do not trust this crowd, you've been warned.
Hi Paul, thank you for your feedback.

We’re really sorry if the valuation wasn’t what you wanted for your vehicle. Our business offers people the chance to get an online valuation, which asks you to provide us with a range of information including age and mileage. We use this information to provide you with an online valuation.

We have a team of Pricing Analysts who are constantly monitoring the value of used cars. They track various factors such as demand, availability of a particular model and current sale prices we are experiencing for such vehicles. Our online valuations are calculated in response to their findings. We don't claim to offer the best price in every instance, but what we do offer is a safe, quick and hassle free alternative to selling your vehicle. If you are looking to secure the most amount of money, selling directly to a private buyer can often help to achieve this.

The WBAC Team
You cannot accurately value a car on a computer no more than you can get a valuation on a house on a computer. If you trade your car in at a car dealer,the trade in price you get will largely depend on the value of the car you are buying. It has always been the same. Looking at the reviews i have seen on here i wont be going anywhere near we buy any car. Com. Great to see honest reviews on here. I will carry on selling my cars either privately or trading in at a reputable dealer.
Guaranteed price after full disclose on line. £710 arrived at appointment- sales man agreed with condition and then offered £300 !! Max offer £371 what kind of joke is this !! False advertising will be passing on all details to appropriate authorities. CON
Thank you for leaving your feedback, Hazell, we appreciate your comments.

Thank you for leaving us your feedback, we really appreciate it and we apologise for any disappointment caused. This certainly wasn’t our intention.

Please note that your valuation would only ever change at your appointment if you’re outside of your 4 day Price Promise, or if there are discrepancies between the way that you described your car online and the car itself, found at your appointment. This could include missing components, damages or discrepancies with mileage, previous owners or service history, for example. Such factors may impact the value of your car and as such, we would need to record this and amend your valuation accordingly, which we’re sure you can appreciate.

We’re really sorry if the amount offered wasn’t what you had hoped for. With that said, we do offer a no obligation service, meaning if there’s any aspect of the service, that isn’t right for you, you’re under no obligation to sell to us.

The WBAC Team
I went in line for a valuation, that seemed ok so I made a booking at Stoke , they called me a day before to ask lots of questions abou the car and how long I had owned it (3 years ) , it was registered to my company so it was a company car for the insurance. When I arrived they asked to see the log book , when they saw it belonged to a company they asked what we did ( work with cars I said ) he just handed me the book back and said sorry we don’t buy of anyone in the trade ! We mend transmissions for a living not mend cars or sell them , his Awnser was if you get your hand dirty with cars we don’t buy them . Where dose it say that when making an appointment? and what a waist of an afternoon . Very poor attitude.
Hi Jim, thank you for your feedback.

Unfortunately as you've been advised, we cannot purchase from anybody working in the trade. This is detailed in our T&Cs. We couldn't advise this earlier as we weren't made aware of this when you obtained your online valuation. We apologise for any disappointment caused, however.

The WBAC Team
They quoted my 17 plate E220 diesel mercedes for £12.500 but when I go to their office it was raining and he looked around the car and offered ne only £9000. This company should stopped doing business and telling lies to people by the trading standards. If I have to sell car again instead of going to this company I'll keep chickens in it. As you can see they only have 1 star reviews as there is no zeros..
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Our online valuations are based purely on the information you enter online. The aim of the onsite appraisal is to confirm that the vehicle matches the description that you gave.

Within the terms of the guarantee, it does state ‘if there are any discrepancies between your car and the details you gave us, or, if during the inspection, we discover something about the car that we were not previously made aware of, we may have to make an amendment to your quote.’ It appears whilst inspecting your vehicle the description did not match that provided online. This resulted in us needing to adjust the price we could offer you.

Experience tells us damage (scratches/chips/dents) on a vehicle along with missing items do affect the value of the car and subsequently affects the resale value. Our fully trained buyers therefore always carry out a thorough inspection in order to provide an accurate price.

We’re sorry that on this occasion the final price offered failed to meet with your expectations. This said; we offer a no obligation service which means if the price we offer isn’t acceptable, you are never under any obligation to sell to us.

The WBAC Team
These people are crooks. What a complete waste of my time. I entered my car details on this website and based on that booked an appointment at Leigh. They pointed out loads of faults and offered me an insulting and ridiculous £250. I told them what I thought. I got £1350 for it from eBay. These people should be banned.

The WBAC Team
So I have now been three times, first car appointment was 5.00pm on a Saturday and on arrival was told they were running late, finally left at 9.00pm. I did sell the car but only after getting £700 added to the £30k transaction, which was still £1.5k below the online valuation, I think it was because it was late and the time we waited. The second visit a different guy spent half an hour telling me about all these dents and scratches he could see but when I asked him to point them out and I could honestly not see anything he said ‘well I can see them so they must be there’. Then offered over £1k less that the £6k online valuation. I said I wasn’t prepared to sell the car but before leaving my wife said we might be on lockdown the next day so best to take the low offer, we did go on the November lockdown the next day. Last and final ever visit end of January 2021. It became apparent that the online valuation obtained via the number plate had selected the wrong model/spec of car, I only realised this when I got an up to date valuation when I took the private plate off and had to manually select the car and model. I checked the original new car order form and manufacturers finance documents which all described a higher spec car than the one linked to the private number plate, therefore, I printed the documents as proof to take with me. I also checked the spec of the two models on the Audi website to verify mine was the higher spec. So first valuation £27,880 then higher spec model £29,330. The car was immaculate not a mark on it other than a 3mm dent low down on a door panel which I declared on the valuation. When the guy showed me the starting value prior to carrying out inspection he said the £29,330 was wrong and he would be starting at £27,170, not even the £27,880 offered online. I then explained the issue with the model and showed the evidence from Audi to prove the model was the higher spec including the features in the car like the virtual cockpit, he said there was nothing he could other than what the computer said and said I must have done something wrong on the online valuation. I then proceeded to do the online valuation in front of him on my phone and came up with the same £28,330. He went off and spoke to the area manager who apparently said I was wrong and their computer system was correct. Apparently an issue with the car CAP code. We decided to carry on with the valuation and again the mysterious invisible scratches were logged along with non existent wheel damage. Then there was the service history issue. The car was 22 months old, service indicator showing next service in 42 days or 4500 miles and we honestly couldn’t remember it being serviced but knew if the car said it was due a service we would have, then my wife remembered that she thought it was on a long life service schedule. When we spoke to the guy he checked with his colleague and we were told it should have been done at 1 year or 10000 miles, I said that it was on a long life service schedule of two years but he said he had checked our model before and he was right. After all that we got offered £26,126 which when I said no was upped to just under £26,300. I told the guy that Ford had offered £26,500 so I was going to leave it as a trade in to Ford. Half way home the guy phoned me to say if I emailed all the documents over to him and got proof of the service schedule he would go above his area manger and speak to his wholesale team, apparently the sites the public go to are retail ?? I emailed the new vehicle order form, finance and screenshot from Audi website about long life 2 year service schedule all to prove the spec and fact the car had not needed a service. I also spoke with Audi on the Monday and got a screen shot of the Audi system showing my car was on the flexible long life 2 year service plan. I spoke with the Audi Sales Director to explain the issue with the car, the registration and the alleged issue with the car CAP code, he got the details on the system and confirmed everything I had found out and told webuyanycar that I was correct and the car was worth considerable more than both valuations, I asked if he was interested in buying it and he said yes subject to appraisal, we went to the dealership and they bought it instantly for £2k more and we were in and out in 10 minutes. Motto of the story, try the manufacturers dealership first and if you are that desperate you have to use webuyanycar then expect a massively lower valuation than offered online.
We Buy Any Car offered me £1300 for my car online only to be chipped down to £271 on account of "minor scratches" once they got me there under false pretences.

The salesman suggested that WBAC consider the car to be in "showroom condition" when they value online this is for a 15 year old car (!) this is an underhand and dishonest tactic that is misleading to the customer and nothing short of CRIMINAL.

These are deliberate tactics employed by the company to cheat people out of their hard earned cash - no way WBAC NEVER EVER AGAIN - SELLERS BEWARE DO NOT TRUST WE BUY ANY CAR!
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback and apologies for any disappointment caused.

The WBAC Team
As other sellers have said, they give you an online price then when you take your car in they take hundreds more off for not perfect tyres, or so called dents/scratches, even took £200 off as I only had one key
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

The cost to replace the spare key varies from vehicle to vehicle, but would usually roughly mirror the cost it'd be from your manufacturer.

The WBAC Team
It's a bunch of crooks. They offered me 6.150 online and after seing my 10 year old car they gave it second highest rating but knocked of 20% for a few minor scratches... don't waste your time uses this shitty company
Valuation at appointment was given as *less than half* that of the online estimate when nothing had changed about the car or the information provided.. waste of time

The WBAC Team
Total waste of time, online valuation of £1760 made changes using the online tool for the slight marks on the car. Valuation went down to £1488. The guy came out and barely looked at the car and said we won’t get more than £650 for the car. Will never use again or recommend any does.
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

The WBAC Team
Massive devaluation from online from £5565 down to £4650 quotation. The guy couldn't find any damage also with full service history documents. The excuse was minor chips hardly seen due to wear and tear . The car is Mercedes C220 CDI 2012 68000K .
Wasting my time driving to their centre.

The WBAC Team
Took my 6 month old 4000 miles skoda citigo 5 door in with many extras. Had to sell due to getting a company car. The guy took £600 off for miniscule chips he found with a magnifying glass then charged an admin fee ON TOP. He increased the value by £100 when I complained. I was sat there with the wife and kids so he knew I wanted to sell. These guys are paid commission on the amount they slash off your car and don't let fake reviews convince you otherwise.
Hi AJ, thank you for your feedback.

Sorry to hear about your disappointment, we completely appreciate it and apologise that this wasn't what you had hoped for. That said, we are not paid commission, nor do we receive fake reviews.

The WBAC Team
Just one word Avoid avoid and avoid at all cost.
Thank you for your review.

We're sorry to hear that you felt your experience to be 1*.

We would really appreciate it if you could update your review to provide us some feedback so that we can work on making improvements.

The WBAC Team
I showed up for my appointment at the Basingstoke branch on time. When I I arrived at the door the only guy working was dealing with someone else that what looked like was buying a car. I was standing at the door and wasn't acknowledged by the guy working there, he then shut the door in my face without saying a word to me. I opened the door and asked if I was at the right place which he responded yeah (in a rude tone) so I left.
Absolutely shocking customer service from this guy and from what I've read, I'm not the first one to experience it.
Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback and for bringing this to our attention.

This isn't the level of customer service that we aim to provide, nor that we'd expect any of our customers to receive. This will indeed be fed back and any necessary training/support will be provided.

The WBAC Team
Absolutely horrendous my car is valued at 3k and they offer me £855 haha this company shouldn’t exist

We Buy Any Car is rated 1.46 based on 242 reviews