Vufold Reviews

of reviewers recommend Vufold
Read Vufold Reviews

About Vufold:

Vufold is a UK leading manufacturer and seller of bifold doors, sliding patio doors, French doors, windows and roof glazing.

sales@vufold.co.uk

Hi. I had great expectations of this product, given the price and the data available on your website, but am overall really disappointed with my purchase. The appearance of the doors are nice and the quality of the fittings are very good. The doors are easy to install BUT.... I purchased the doors with a threshold--the thought behind this was to provide additional stability when opening and closing the doors. The lack of a drop bolt at the foot of the pivot door panel supporting the middle access door means that the two connected doors are "floppy" when opening and closing. Rather than having a solid support at the base of that pivot door the whole system does not feel solid at all--giving it a "cheap feel". Additionally, I purchased a Bifold Door catch kit (the metal door holders set). The fit is extremely tight so when trying to pull the access door away from the pivot door not only is it a fight to release the catch but the lack of that drop bolt, as highlighted above, means again the doors are "flopping about". Sorry for using a word such as floppy--I can't think of another adjective to describe the action. To overcome this situation I am going to have to employ a carpenter to route a recess for a drop bolt and associated striker plate on the supporting pivot door to give the doors some stability. Very, very disappointed. I have added a photo to try and help support this description.
Great service, good doors, until I had a problem!! After paying nearly £4000
They wanted to charge me £30 for a new hinge that was scratched, unfortunately I never noticed it until I took off the protective film, by which time the 72 hrs had elapsed, not impressed!!!
Dear Mr Bishop, thank you for your review and appreciation of our products and service. We don’t like it when any of our customers are less than 100% satisfied, which is why we have fully investigated your recent experience.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our doors and fittings, which is why our sets of hinges are supplied individually inserted into small card boxes, where they are well packaged to reduce the chance of damage in transit.

It is a standard part of our practice and customer care, that we do ask all customers to check their ordered items for any missing or damaged parts within 72 hours of receipt of the goods. We also ask that this is done before installation, as that protects customers should any problems be identified. If customers do encounter any issues at this point, and we are at fault, we do send replacement parts free of charge.

As you mention in your review, your problem was reported to us after the doors had been installed, a full week after delivery and outside of out Terms and Conditions for providing replacements. As a result, it is difficult for us to ascertain where, when or how the damage occurred. As was explained to you, we normally only provide hinges in full sets, but on this occasion, we are prepared to provide a single replacement one at the significantly reduced cost of £30 as a good will gesture. We feel, given all the circumstances of this unfortunate experience, that our offer is fair one and we hope that you will take it up.

Once again, we apologise for your disappointment and hope that our doors go on to provide you with years of pleasure and enjoyment. Kind regards Vufold.
Fast delivery and good quality doors but manufacturing default all the way down one side of the frame that Vufold would not do anything about because I didn't notice until they were fitted. Would not use again for this reason.
Thank you for your feedback Nicolette, I am sorry to hear you’ve had a mixed experience.
Vufold offer a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing defects and a claim for which can be made at any point during the 10 years under the terms of the guarantee. Unfortunately, in this case, the issue shown below is damage that appears to be scuff marks to the painted surface of frame jamb. Unfortunately, Vufold cannot accept claims for damage outside of 72 hours of receiving delivery or if the item has been installed. Should you wish to discuss the advice given on how best to rectify the issue please do not hesitate to contact us.
We visited your showroom to purchase the elite 10 foot bi fold doors. Service good and delivery fast however nobody told us we had to fit to a metal lintel only found out on PAGE 9 of your handbook even though we said we were fitting in a timber frame. Nothing on your website either No follow up to our phone calls so hence a lower review.
Thank you for your feedback, Mr Phillips, I am sorry to hear your overall experience has been mixed. All of our timber bifold doors are ‘top-hung’ meaning the doors hang off the frame head, which requires being securely fixed to an appropriate lintel. Our installation instructions will always recommend a steel lintel, however, it is possible to fix them to a good hardwood timber lintel or even concrete for example. It is just a case of checking with the supplier of your lintel that it will take the weight of your chosen doors, and sourcing alternative fixings appropriate to your chosen lintel if needed.

We appreciate your feedback on the above and will review if we need to make changes to our website to ensure customers are aware of the lintel requirements for top-hung door sets prior to purchase.
While the product is good .When the order was placed we were let down with the fitting day .Two hours before it was due to be fitted we got a call to say it was not ready. So a new fitting date was made as we had changed all are plans for that day we were not too pleased .We phoned vufold and where told we would get a call back it did not happen .
Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear of the problem experienced. The blind installer booked a date in with you before receiving delivery of the blinds, this should not have happened and more notice should have been provided to you regarding the error. We are very sorry for any miss communication and we have addressed the issues internally to eliminate this from happening again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Nice enough doors. A little disappointed that there was no routed out section on the bottom of the outer door on my three door set, as it was supplied with an extra Minuet drop bolt assembly which we couldn't fit. My carpenter/ assembler had a problem with the middle door fouling the floor when opened due to a lack of drop bolt on the third door causing the bottom to pull out . Also I would have thought you would have supplied covering casings for the somewhat exposed top and bottom pivots which do look a little ugly. Maybe plastic covers.
Overall a little disappointed.
Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of your disappointment. The bottom drop bolt on the outer door is not pre-machined as it is not required in order for the doors to operate correctly and many customers do not require an extra drop bolt. If you have a slightly uneven floor, the bottom pivot hinges allow for height adjustment and is detailed in our assembly instructions. They also allow for the doors to fold flat onto the wall which is a main feature of the Inspire doors. If you require a router part and / or would like advice on how to adjust your doors please contact Vufold customer services and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Ordered 4.8 m wide Ultra doors in white/oak. The delivery of the doors arrived on the agreed date. One slight problem, the top and bottom frame section were missing because they would not fit in the van. Eventually managed to re-arrange delivery 1 week later.
The doors look good once installed.
Dear Peter, thank you for sharing your feedback with Vufold. We are sorry for the error. Although we delivered the frame pack to you on the agreed date, your order should have been completed on the first delivery. Please accept our apologies for inconvenience caused and we are pleased you are happy with the look of the doors now installed.
Disappointing service though product is good. Just after delivery I got a call stating the fixings pack was probably the wrong one and had got mixed up with someone else's order. A courier was sent and another box delivered to me. I am doing a self build house and receive literally dozens of deliveries and can not check the contents in detail with all of them. I went to fit the door after several months and found parts missing from the fixing pack. Despite the previous mix up Vufold said I had just 3 days to check and identify problems so insisted I pay for the replacements, which I needed in order to finish the installation. I realise the timescale was long but with the initial mix up, relatively lowish value I thought they would accept the replacement like the numerous other companies I have dealt with during my build who acknowledge that deliveries cant always be checked for every nut and screw, and who trust and respect their customers. Very disappointed and would go to competitor if I needed another door.
Thank you for your feedback. We do apologise again for the initial mix up in your delivery. Each pack is clearly labelled to try and prevent such occurrences, however sometimes mistakes are made.
Vufold request that all deliveries are checked within 72 hours, we do offer some flexibility on these timescales however after 6 – 7 months as is the case here it becomes very difficult to ascertain if parts were not delivered or have actually been lost or damaged on site. Checking the items within 72 hours removes any doubt.
An incorrect item was delivered to start with, then TNT the delivery service was terrible, 5 attempts, and then the product arrived damaged.
Thank you for your comments relating to your recent purchase of a tin of oak finish. The correct item should have been sent to you and we are sorry this did not happen, a replacement tin of oak finish was dispatched the next working day however nobody was at the address provided to take delivery. With smaller individual items only, for speed we use a courier such as TNT. The item should not have arrived damaged, apologies this has happened and a Vufold representative will be contacting you shortly to arrange for a new tin of oak finish to be sent out to you.
Delivery was great but the doors were damaged disappointed with quality of finish unfortunately we needed to install that day to get the extension watertight
previous purchase of the oak style doors no damage good quality like I say very disappointed.
Vufold is rated 4.81 based on 1,185 reviews