Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures)

About Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures): Organising sailing, skiing and active holidays that are fun, friendly and professional since 2000.

info@trek-adventures.co.uk

The Warehouse, Prince of Wales St

How would you rate Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) ?

David A
"Thank you Sea Trek for introducing us to sailing! We have had a fantastic week learning to sail with you and we are very grateful to Richard for both his knowledge and his patience. Two years ago I said no when my husband suggested a learn to sail holiday as I have never been confident around water even though I can swim reasonably well. But I am very pleased he persuaded me to give it a go, even though I was shaking like a leaf the first day! Along with our two teenage sons, we have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My first swim whilst anchored in a bay I was attached to a fender, my last time I managed to swim to shore and back! And the excitement of reaching 5.2 knots completely tipping to one side was amazing when we were sailing on our own without the instructor. We now have 2 qualified skippers and 2 competent crew! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has had doubts and I can't wait to do it again. Now we are starting our second week in the beach club."
Jo
"Really happy memories of holidaying with Sea Trek in Kephalonia in 2016...so much so we returned for a second visit this August 2017 and have already booked our 3rd visit for next year! Loads of equipment, plenty of sailing and windsurfing advice at hand if necessary, great staff, friendly atmosphere and just to top it all a really beautiful setting. Thank you so much."
"Just had a great time on a learn to sail holiday. Great set-up and fun tuition, ideal for beginners really learnt a lot. Nice friendly location, ideal for relaxing after a days sailing. Boats well kept. Will sail with Trek-Adventures again."
"Just returned from a week long flotilla holiday, great time had by all. Isabella (Bavaria 39) was a dream to sail and came with all the equipment required for an outstanding experience."
"All I can say is absolutely fantastic. We have had a fabulous week learning to sail and have both gained our ICC. Richard our instructor was brilliant giving us the absolute confidence that we can do this by ourselves on day 4 which the whole group did. Great sailing, anchoring in a different bay each day for lunch, swimming off the back of the boat (even in a brief spell of rain) and seeing dolphins will all be long lasting memories. We will be booking again for next year and can not wait. I can not rate this company highly enough - just do it you won’t regret it."
"Had a fantastic experience with Trek Adventures on their fitness and pilates trip. Highly recommend."
"We have just come back from a Fitness & Pilates break at Lixouri Bay which was stunning in every way - first class instruction on land for our beach workouts and pilates and on the water too. The hotel is beautiful with stunning views, fabulous food and staff who could not do enough for us. The surrounding area is incredibly peaceful and the new beach bar is perfect for sundowners. Magical in every way."
"A fabulous friendly team, who took us as absolute beginners. And, turned us into feeling competent to sail by ourselves. An unforgettable experience. We learnt so much, have some fantastic memories, and saw turtles and dolphins on our travels."
"We'll be back for sure! Loved every minute of the holiday, the Trek Adventures team were great, really enthusiastic. The hotel staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Oh, and the island, WOW!"
"Great staff, very friendly and helpful"
"The location on Lixouri beach is amazing, the staff are excellent-professional, friendly and extremely helpful - both in the hotel and in the sailing school and everyone enjoyed learning to sail or windsurf. Our party consisted of 16 people aged from 4 to 70 and we all had fantastic time. We were especially pleased with the way all staff went out of their way to ensure our granddaughter, who has cerebral palsy, was able to have a wonderful holiday with lots of fun on the water. Thank you all for such a memorable holiday. Julie and Alan Steer."
Thank you very much. So glad it all worked out. Have a smashing summer.
"We have now had 3 fabulous holidays with Trek-Adventure starting with Learn to Sail we have now progressed to Flotilla and had a wonderful week this year,beautiful scenery throughout. Matt and Emma were great - enough assistance when needed otherwise letting us practice! Paliki beach club is a wonderful relaxing base and with two teenagers suits our family - something for everyone. We have recommended this company to others and we will be back for our 4th visit next year!"
"A great holiday with friendly, expert crew. Beautiful overnight moorings - slightly off the main routes, which is great. Helped of course by really good weather!"
"Just returned from a weeks flotilla and had a great time. Was taken to some lovely small places that larger groups would not all fit in. We were accompanied by the 2 Matts who both were great support to us novices with invaluable mooring assistance."
"Trek- Adventures has consistently ticked every box for me as an individual and family, Sailing, and on the mainland. The Trek - Adventures experience has now become a yearly part of my holiday life and I can't see it changing for a long time."
"We had a fabulous week on the flotilla sailing with Matt &Matt, my husband completed his ICC & I completed my competent crew. The boat was good clean & had everything we needed. Matt & Matt give us lots of instruction which helped. We would definitely recommend this course for anyone wishing to learn to sail. We are definitely going back next year. With our family members. We also visited some beautiful harbours ."
"Lackluster would be the only way to describe the overall experience. The end of the season isn't an excuse for a poor holiday experience. Overall the team were nice, the kit was pretty much as advertised, but the overall experience was one to remember for the wrong reasons. The tuition on the beach was minimal without a huge amount of energy, although the team were very friendly. It lacked focus. The yacht flotilla had some issues also. Poor communication, a dirty boat (in some aspects at least) the berth cushions were so uncomfortable that we got no decent sleep. The 240V inverter did not work so had to rely on limited shore power. Matt found one off his spares kit. so it got fixed. I would not have offered this vessel for charter in its current state. The yacht did sail ok, but it was no performer. The end of the flot week just petered out, and we got off the boat and into a hotel as fast as we could. Again, no energy. Matt is a nice guy, and a good skipper but tired after a long season."
Thanks for your review Lee. Sorry to hear that you were not satisifed with your holiday. You're the first review we have had that wasn't stellar, especially on Flotilla where our feedback has been outstanding this season and a massive % of guests have already re-booked for 2018.
I have contacted the team in Kefalonia and made your concerns clear and we'll obviously make every effort to ensure they are addressed.
I have also contacted the cleaning company who service our yachts, a local company in Ag Efimia and given them the dates and yacht name - I wait their response.
Feedback is important, good or bad as it helps us improve.
Best, James
"We went to Paliki Beach this August as we did two years ago. An amazing bunch of people who were able to adapt to the different levels of knowledge we had. Fantastic tuition, a very informal atmosphere which suits young children, teenagers and adults alike. We like the new timetable for the beach and also the pursuit race was enjoyed by all. Many thanks to the whole team. The hotel is family run by a very helpful and welcoming Greek family where nothing is too much trouble and where the Greek food is excellent. We can highly recommend it."
"We had a fantastic learn to sail week in Kefalonia this July with expert tuition, a friendly 'family' feel and a great boat to boot. It was the best thing I have ever done and certainly fulfilled a huge tick on my bucket list! We are both hooked and hope to return next year to show off our skills on a flotilla holiday. Well done Trek-Adventures, would highly recommend!"
"We had a wonderful family holiday at the Paliki Beach Club in Kefalonia - two adults and an 18 and 22-year old. The hotel has a lovely, laid-back, friendly atmosphere in a beautiful setting, and the water sports mean that everyone has something active to do if they want. As complete novices we're not quite sailing yet but just about managed a kayak and paddle-board! I would definitely recommend Sea-Trek and Paliki Beach, particularly for families travelling with teenagers and young adults."
"My wife and I, both in our seventies, undertook and passed the ICC course and exams with Trek-Adventures in Lixouri and followed this up with an amazing flotilla week out of Ay Efimia which was so good that we immediately booked and have just completed a second two week flotilla excursion in late August. After getting home we then booked another two weeks flotilla in June 2018. can't be better than that can it?"
Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) is rated 4.85 based on 74 reviews