Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures)

About Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures): Organising sailing, skiing and active holidays that are fun, friendly and professional since 2000.

info@trek-adventures.co.uk

The Warehouse, Prince of Wales St

How would you rate Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) ?

David A
"Thank you Sea Trek for introducing us to sailing! We have had a fantastic week learning to sail with you and we are very grateful to Richard for both his knowledge and his patience. Two years ago I said no when my husband suggested a learn to sail holiday as I have never been confident around water even though I can swim reasonably well. But I am very pleased he persuaded me to give it a go, even though I was shaking like a leaf the first day! Along with our two teenage sons, we have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My first swim whilst anchored in a bay I was attached to a fender, my last time I managed to swim to shore and back! And the excitement of reaching 5.2 knots completely tipping to one side was amazing when we were sailing on our own without the instructor. We now have 2 qualified skippers and 2 competent crew! I would highly recommend it to anyone who has had doubts and I can't wait to do it again. Now we are starting our second week in the beach club."
Jo
"Really happy memories of holidaying with Sea Trek in Kephalonia in 2016...so much so we returned for a second visit this August 2017 and have already booked our 3rd visit for next year! Loads of equipment, plenty of sailing and windsurfing advice at hand if necessary, great staff, friendly atmosphere and just to top it all a really beautiful setting. Thank you so much."
"Just had a great time on a learn to sail holiday. Great set-up and fun tuition, ideal for beginners really learnt a lot. Nice friendly location, ideal for relaxing after a days sailing. Boats well kept. Will sail with Trek-Adventures again."
"Tutoring was brilliant no issues at all the coaches were all great had the best time we had was when sailing it is hard work but great fun. We also met some great people on our Flotilla and had some good nights out. Warning the air fans provided on the yacht have no guard on the back of them so if you go to move them you may slice the top of your finger off as i nearly did. Major health and safety issue being ignored. Also be prepared to survive on minimal sleep due to boat conditions. The internal fitting of our feeling boat was dated and tired and looked every bit its age, it is very very small and cramped. This to be honest was the only thing that had an effect on the holiday as anyone over 5ft tall, meant your feet hung off the bed. This combined with 2" thick foam mattresses which was frankly knackered and required replacing with new memory foam versions this effected our sleep. You will be unable to use the toilet or shower in the boat the stench is unbearable if you open the door. You are able to use the apartment toilet and shower but there may be a queue of 14 people before you but this is clean and suitable. Lixouri is a great place to stay with great restaurant's, cafe's and bars. Hopefully they will upgrade the yacht's soon as the holiday is not cheap so you expect a modicum of luxury. No one is asking for a brand new boat as you are learning but the inside could be far better. Final point do your ICC IYT VHF on site at Lixouri it is cheaper and they don't tell you this on the Sea Trek website which is poor. The 3 star review is lower than i expected to give, as we did have a great time learning to sail but it is about the all round experience not just the sailing. Don't not go as it is great fun but be prepared as the website is slightly misleading."
"My husband, son (age 13) and I stayed at the Lixouri Beach Club for a week and it was an amazing experience. Carrie and her team were outstanding, they were always friendly and had endless patience, giving clear explanations to us novices. The equipment was always available, no queuing or lists, and we felt safe at all times. The hotel was relaxed and the owners genuinely worked hard to make sure that our needs were met / the food was delicious. I would return in a heartbeat..."
"Great flotilla holiday in Kefalonia. Well led by Matt and Steve. August is very crowded in the Ionian but this is not to detract from Sea Trek."
"We stayed at the Paliki beach and had a fantastic holiday. Our boys are 14, 16 and 18. Sailing for one, windsurfing for one and relaxing by the pool for the other - although we all dipped in to all 3 during the week! The hotel is perfect, very relaxed. We hired a car and did some exploring and visited some great tavernas and bars too. Highly recommend."
"We stayed with Trek Adventures at the Palliki Beach Club in Kefalonia and had a fantastic time. Family of four, with children aged 17 and 18, and all four of us the best time. Great sailing, and very good tuition from the team on the Beach. Great venue, with friendly staff. We stayed at Kostas House, and Kostas is the nicest person you would want to meet. Would 100% recommend."
"This is the 2nd time we all chose to go on a Sailing holiday with Sea-Trek as the experience offered in Kafalonia is fun and enjoyable for all members of the family: children age 12 and 16 as well as the parents. The children already asked to go again next year! You couldn't get a better praise than that:-)"
"We had s brilliant time in the best location with the best company in the world learning to sail. It was a brilliant week and we will be back. Thank you so much for memories that will last forever. See our holiday video for the highlights https://youtu.be/h3EXaEKDDRo"
"We had a wonderful experience with Trek Adventures from booking to fulfilling everything we wanted for a fantastic holiday. One week Learn to Sail from Lixouri with excellent supportive and fun staff, thank you to Shirley, Mick & Kai. Following on with one week in a Villa at Paliki which was outstanding, with lots to do on the water, excellent restaurant and fun communal pool and beach bar, thank you to Josh & the Team on the beach."
"All staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Location was beautiful and clean. My son and husband thoroughly enjoyed the sailing activities, I also enjoyed them along with the rest by the pool! Will definitely recommend to others, and I I’m sure we’ll be back."
"Grandma, son and 9 year old grand-daughter had a wonderful time. Hotel staff friendly and helpful. The food was first class. 9 year old had the best time - such a safe environment for sailing, windsurfing, swimming and making friends. Thank you to all the Sea Trek staff for helping to make it a very special week. Can recommend it 100 per cent. Particularly liked Sea Trek for being small scale, friendly and flexible in a perfect environment."
"We had a wonderful week in Kefalonia. Staff were very helpful and patient. Thank you!"
"We have used Trek-Adventures twice, both Kefalonia yacht sailing holidays, and found them outstanding! Very friendly, very relaxed, but we always felt safe and well looked after. Can't recommend them highly enough."
"Recently came back from a Kite surfing week at Lixouri Bay Hotel. Had an amazing time. The Trek Adventures team were awesome and the Hotel and Location was first class. I'm going back for sure next year. Just cant beat it! Actually I'm going back sailing with them in October! Thank you for a great time. Rob"
"The staff were a pleasure and so friendly, very helpful and easy to approach can’t wait to come back."
"Hi Just come back from our first flotilla holiday in Kefalonia. Wow what a great adventure, Matt and Steve were great hosts and helpful and informative on every step of our journey, very friendly and great company. All boats were well appointed and in good condition. It was my first time sailing a Bavaria Yacht and found it easy to sail with retractable Genoa and Main Sails. The whole Holiday was very positive and each destination was different, top marks. Will definitely be booking another holiday."
"A fantastic week on flotilla from Ag. Efimia. Matt and Steve looked after us very well and their relaxed approach worked for me. Their assistance on mooring was excellent. Our yacht, Summertime, was well equipped and everything worked as it should have. The only thing missing for us was a teapot!! I would recommend Trek Adventures as a small company who will look after you."
"Wonderful experience, great instructors, who made it fun, led by Carrie. Super hotel, extremely friendly and helpful staff. Had very much the personal touch. Guest no’s. were perfect. Very relaxed A hidden gem. Would definitely recommend to others."
"Fabulous company to holiday through. Great sailing, great service. Thoroughly recommended"
"Great weeks holiday sailing around the islands, made easy by the excellent support from Mat and Steve."
"I just returned from the kite-surfing week Trek Adventures held at Lixouri Bay, and I had a fantastic time. The facilities and the food at the venue were great, and the beach is perfect for relaxation or the water-sports they have on offer. The staff were friendly and always happy to help, and as a guest that visited alone, this was very important to me. I would definitely recommend Trek Adventures to friends and family, and visit again in the future."
Clive,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. Its was brilliant to meet you too and we all really enjoyed the week too. Keep us posted to your kite antics ! Best, James
Trek-Adventures (formally Sea-Trek Adventures) is rated 4.85 based on 94 reviews