The Tax Refund Company Reviews

Refunds Process
Very Easy
Read The Tax Refund Company  Reviews

Tell us how The Tax Refund Company made you happy
easy to complete the form with the help of notes than previous attempt.
Hi Charlotte, Thanks for the great feedback. We try to make it easy to claim back overpaid tax, so happy you found it that way. Cheers, Mel @ The Tax Refund Company.
Easy and straight forward to apply I would recommend this to other.
Hi, Thanks for the great review. It's always our aim to make reclaiming overpaid take as quick and easy as possible. Mel @ The Tax Refund Company.
HRMC told me cheque was sent to the tax refund company, waited and waited and sent an email asking why I hadn’t been paid, was told cheque sent out 5 days ago. Waited and waited, sent follow up email..... awaiting reply. My money still sitting in thier bank account and I’m chasing. Should have just done it myself. Very disappointed.
Hi Steven, thanks for your review - that's very unusual, do you have your reference number so that we can chase this up for you? It will be on any of the emails that we will have sent you. Kind regards
Initial form filling very effective and some comms updates but nothjng conclusive as far as I remember.
Hi Alison, thanks for your review. If you keep an eye on your emails you will get a response from one of our team regarding the progress of your claim (if you haven't had one already) Kind regards
Have been in touch several times and get same email response saying they will get in touch but never do. Have had my details since last year and no communication. Worried about the amount of information they hold about me. Really would like an update with more information than they are working on it.
Hi – sorry you’ve not been able to get in touch with us, however, from the look of the reference number that has been provided (TRU408537295) it looks like you may have the wrong company (our reference numbers are very different to that). If you send us an email to mel@thetaxrefundcompany.co.uk with the words “Review” in the subject line we will investigate the matter further and provide any help we can.

Kind regards

Mel
Da iawn hapus efor gwasanaeth
Diolch am yr adolygiad gwych! Rydym bob amser yn hapus pan fydd ein cleientiaid yn hapus gyda'n gwasanaethau. Cofion, Mel @ Y Cwmni Ad-daliad Treth
I did not know u charged me so much £465 I got £270 not good business
Hi Robert, thanks for the feedback sorry to hear your views.

Couple of points to consider – firstly, having checked your application, the figures you’ve stated in your review are incorrect, your refund was for a lower amount so you were not charged the amount you are stating. All our fees are fully laid out when you first apply for our service.

Secondly, we work on a no win no fee basis so take every client on in good faith not knowing for sure whether they are actually due a refund until we have completed our work. If we had completed our work and found your tax affairs to be fully in order, that you were not due a refund and didn’t owe any tax either so we had given you the reassurance that you were paying the correct amount of tax and you had received that service completely for free (something that people pay accountants and tax advisors hundreds of pound to do for them) would you still have said we weren’t a good business in your review?

Mel
I was a little annoyed, that your cut was massive according to the sum due detailed on HRMC and the letter i received from them, so i won't use your company again and can't say to colleagues i recommend you, happy to receive a cheque though in desperate times. I shall contact HMRC for advice. Lesley Lesley AR Scott
Hi Lesley, thanks for the feedback. They say never assume, but here I am going to make an assumption that you were aware that we work on a no win no fee basis when you applied – it’s all laid out at the initial part of application process (basically you can’t apply for our service without agreeing to our fee structure in advance).

So, with that in mind, what we sometimes find is that customers misunderstand the information they are sent from HMRC, particularly where a refund is for a number of tax years. This can make it look like we have charged a much larger fee than the one you agreed to - when actually we haven’t.

The reason for this is the way that HMRC lay out the details of the refund making it look as though the refund is for a much higher amount than the actual amount due. I’ll explain – the details laid out for each year include any refund due for the previous year as well, so the total refund amount is only what is detailed within the final tax year rather than the details of each of the individual tax years added together. If you need any help dealing with HMRC, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Mel
I’m shocked at how much money you took from my refund. I know it’s in the small print but still a shock to lose it.
Hi Grace, thanks for using our service and thanks for your feedback - I think sometimes that’s one of the challenges of working on a no win no fee basis, some clients give it a go on the basis of having nothing to lose – “If there’s no refund due then I’ve had my tax affairs reviewed by a professional for free and if they do get me a refund then great, it’s money I never would have had if I hadn’t applied” which is all true of course, but they often don’t think we’re really going to get them a refund so are sometimes surprised when we do (it’s usually a nice surprise though!)

Thanks again for your comments.

Very long winded
Hi Sheron,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We do try to make our review process as quick and easy as possible. However we do at times have to wait a little while for HMRC to come back to us with their conclusion to a case.

The process is often smooth, swift and uncomplicated and we are very sorry if this has not been the case for yourself.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really do appreciate it.

Mel
It was fine but thought I would have had more money as I received my tax forecasts for the last 5 years and expected a lot more but that's what you get for not doing it yourself
Hi Amanda

Thank you for the review.

It's true, a lot of people do tend to leave this sort of thing, which is why we offer the service that we do, to try and get people back their hard earned money. I'm glad you found our service overall ok, but is there something we could improve on for you? Making sure our clients receive a good service is key for us here.

In any case, I'm glad we could help you secure your refund! I hope it goes towards something nice :)

Kind regards,

kjhkkjhihgj
Good communication and dealt with my refund fairly quickly, however I was appalled to find 38% of my refund was taken as commission. I was not informed clearly that this much would be taken and 38% seems a huge cut. Most places that take commission will take no more than 20%. For this reason I was very disappointed with the outcome and will probably not use your services again.
Hi Karen,

Thanks for leaving us a review :)

One thing to consider when looking at fees - whether for your tax return or anything else - is what's actually being done for that charge.

In our case, the level of service, number of checks and sheer amount of work we put into recovering your refund is much different than "some other companies" in our sector.

With all that hard work, we're so confident we've made a thorough job of it, we offer not one but two guarantees on our work and the service we provide...

Also, dont forget, HMRC also take VAT as part of our fees - and unlike some companies, we don't hide this fact.

Hope that clears it up for you Karen.

All the best,

The Tax Refund Company
Efficient but a very hefty 38% cut for filling out some forms.
A simple process, all the work done for me and a cheque in the post at the end of it.
Thank you.
Well, first of all I surprised received less money what is my actual amount sent by HMRC.

I didn't know about the service charge nobody mention it to me apart from the terms and condition!! So I was not happy at all! If I knew, probably did not take your service.
You should mention this verbally to the costumer as well!!!
It's a lot of money you taken as service charge.

I was concentrate the application form to filled but I would have a look the terms and condition as well. What I just don't remember have it.

Thanks
Well the ease of use at the start i found good, but kept on having to email for updates to find they had been waiting for me to send information they had not requested. This is why i believe the process took far longer than it needed to (nearly 6 months).
I recurved a letter from hmc saying I was owed £597 I received a cheque from you for just over £300 so does that mean you took the rest if so not impressed and won’t use you again I would of been better claiming myself
It took a while but it was nice to know that I was refunded due to certain questions on the form.
I was owed £271 and received £168
so happy to get some money back
The Tax Refund Company is rated 4.42 based on 488 reviews