The Private Plate Co. Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Private Plate Co.
Read The Private Plate Co. Reviews

info@the-ppc.co.uk

P.O.Box 200

Poor customer service paid to have new plates sent out 14days later I had to go and buy them myself
Hi Paul. Thank you for the 1 star review. You did order plates from us and they were posted by recorded delivery. As you were not at home, Royal Mail left a card for you to collect however after 14 days you had not collected them so they were returned. In the meantime, you called us to complain and so we refunded the cost of the plates in full so that you could arrange them yourself. The 1 star review did not reflect the transaction or the service we gave to you and we hope other reviewers will realise this.
Would of rather went straight to dvla would of been quicker and more clearer if they supply you with plastic plates or not
Hi Lewis. The option to order plates was available when you ordered but we were unable to print them in the fashion that you wanted as that would have been illegal. Considering we arranged the entire transfer in 5 days during difficult conditions with virus etc etc, I think we did pretty well with. As we arrange everything by the rules I am sorry but we could not fall foul of the law. I hope the plates you arranged yourself don't get you a fine.
Disappointed Add said £155 and ended up paying £316.99!
Hi. Your order was £268.99 in total. You then asked us to arrange the paperwork and arrange a set of number plates by Royal Mail Tracked postage. This meant the extra payment of £48 was to cover these costs. This was explained clearly to you and you continued with the order and send your V5 and driving license to complete the transfer within 6 days including a weekend. We cant see where the problem is sorry.
I ordered the number plates and they never arrived
I'm sorry to hear Toby this but this is the very first time that we have heard that the plates had not arrived. If you had called us we would have arranged another set for you free of charge.
Very poor customer service. Dont respect you, speak to you like you are thick
Total idiot. Wanted plates spaced as L2 5WEE which we explained was illegal and could not be done. Threatened leaving a bad review- which he has now done. Claimed the garage he was dealing with would arrange them spaced as he wanted them.
Very good and fast
Very unprofessional. There's hidden charges as well.not recommended at all
Where's my licence..
The Private Plate Co. 1 star review on 14th May 2019
We NEVER EVER ask for customers licenses. We ALWAYS ask for a copy of the license to verify the customer. This is what our confirmation email says.... Thank you for ordering your Private Plate with The Private Plate Company. In order to display the new registration, we now need to conduct the transfer with the Department of Transport. Please send us the following documents BY SPECIAL DELIVERY POST to The Private Plate Company, P.O.Box 200, Port Talbot, SA13 9BH. 1. The FULL Original V5 registration document for the intended vehicle. Please keep a copy of the V5 if at all possible. If you have just purchased the vehicle you will need to wait until you have the FULL V5 log book in your name. 2. A photocopy of the driving license or passport for the buyer OR the new owner of the registration. 3. A note saying which registration you have purchased. This is very important. 4. A note to tell us if you want the registration transferred on a specific date. PLEASE MAKE SURE THE CAR IS TAXED. You can check here https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ViewVehicle
I am not the person this survey was intended for which does really highlight GDPR concerns for me as twice now I have been sent someone else's details and documents.
As this was purchased for you, the email address we have is for you as the purchaser. We were not given the recipients email address.
Phone Line went to answer machine Still do not have the paper work saying I can put the plates on
This customer send the car documents to us for a transfer which arrived on the 23rd December. We tried calling them as there was already a private number plate (GJ56 TMJ) on their car that would have been lost if we conducted the transfer. As there was no answer, we emailed them asking if they wanted to save the registration but had no reply by email either. On the 4th January we received a reply to the email we sent on the 23rd December saying that the old plate was not wanted. We then completed the transfer so that the new plate G11 TMJ could be used only to receive a barrage of abuse from the purchaser saying we took too long to complete.
Can’t comment not received plates yet so feel it’s unfair to ask for a review when actual product has not been received can’t put on a fair comment until I actually receive plates
Hi Sylvia. We transferred your registration number today once your documents arrived and then arranged the plates. We are unable to post the plates until your ID arrived even though we did ask you to email it to us to speed the process up. You should receive the plates tomorrow to put on the car.
Having spotted the plate I wanted on their web site I called them, the team were very helpful in doing all the required organising to conclude the sale (the plate was still on the owners car) and get the new plate registered to our car.
This company was hard work. The people replying to me on email, We're being unhelpful. Woildnt recommend this business
We had to email this customer on 6 separate occasions as he couldn't understand how to send us his V5 by Special delivery. We arrange most transfers within 3-4 days but if a customer doesn't understand how to post a letter then we are struggling.
Sorry I didn’t I caught the wrong button I had excellent service
It was ok but slow to transfer
This customer purchased D9 JHG from us on 28th July 2017. On 14th September we received half of a V5 registration document for his car that was not taxed. Its clearly explained that the vehicle must be taxed at the time of the transfer. On 1st November the customer "eventually" taxed the car and we transferred the same day. All the delays were caused by the customer who was using a car on the road illegally for 2 months.
Awful customer service, hidden charges, no communication.
We are a bit lost by this review. The registration was ordered on the 10th July and it was transferred and completed on 13th July just 3 days later. The acrylic plates were posted so that it could be used immediately. There were no hidden charges and no communication was necessary as it was all explained by email.
You didn't provide the service I payed for ? I ended up getting my own plates because yours never came Disappointed Mr A Lagdon
Im sorry you are unhappy but if you had given the correct address at the time of ordering then your plates would have been delivered to co-incide with the occasion. A duplicate pair were sent out as soon as we were informed at no extra charge.
We also forgot to add that we also refunded you for the plates as a gesture of goodwill.
The plate was ordered for my son for christmas a good 3/4 months in advance. It did not arrive as promised and when I chased because i was worried it wouldn't arrive I got a very patronising response. The company then was uncontactable. As a result my son did not get his plate for christmas, we had to pay for plates to be made up and arrange for that to be done despite that being ordered as part of the service and we were only given the cost of their plate making, not what it actually cost. We had further expense as we live in a rural area and had to travel some 36 miles to have the plate made up and my son lives 165 miles away so another long and what should have been an unnecessary journey. We had no apology, it was the post office's fault apparently! I complained and still got no apology, compensation or even the full cost of the plate making up and you now have the added audacity to ask for a review!! I'm speechless
The registration J88 THR was ordered on 14th October 2016 in plenty of time for Christmas. The customer received the confirmation explaining what was needed to arrange the transfer so it could be used for Christmas Day. We received a copy of a Gas BIll as evidence of ID which is a legal requirement and we posted the plates out to be kept ready for Christmas Day. The transfer was arranged by DVLA on 22nd December so that the customers son could use it on Christmas Day. On 4th January, we get a very disgruntled customer complaining that the plates did not arrive even though we sent them 3 weeks before Christmas. If she had called earlier we would have obviously arranged a duplicate set but this was the first time we had heard from her since the order was placed. We refunded the customer for the cost of the plates and apologised even though she says otherwise.
Would like a refund
We are a bit bemused by this review. The customer purchased from us on 9th December 2016 and we transferred onto his car on 21st December just in time for Christmas. Today, the 27th June 2017, some 6 months later he asks for a refund out of the blue. This is first contact since December 2016.
This is strange. Mr Synnott just purchased another registration from us even though he left a poor review so we couldn't have done such a bad job after all.
we still have not received or plates yet.
The Private Plate Co. is rated 4.94 based on 13,050 reviews