The Pest Control Co Reviews

Telephone
Read The Pest Control Co Reviews

The Training & Conference Centre, Chapel Street, Melbourne, DE73 8EH

Tell us how The Pest Control Co made you happy
Darren was punctual, polite and efficient. He disposed of several wasps nest for us. He explained everything that he was going to do, looked thoroughly and found more nests than we thought we had and cleaned up after the treatment and removal.
Good value for money.
From the initial phone call the service has been excellent and efficient.
Happy with service given by the man that visited yesterday. Great chat and advice on pests. Can't believe I was going to spend an arm and a leg with Rentokil for the same service.
Don't be fooled by the '#1 Pest Control Company in your area' claim on the website - not remotely local to me (although claiming to be) and quoted me twice the price of any local firm excl VAT. Luckily I had a nest removed last year so realised that something was wrong when they quoted me the price!! Just warning any unsuspecting folk out there! Check the price before you proceed!
Responded quickly to treat wasp nest. Very efficient service. Although was surprised at cost (although same as other pest control companies), they slightly reduced price for OAPs which was a help.
Noticed I had a wasp nest called pest control the lady on the phone very polite got someone out to me the same day the man came sorry forgot his name he did what he had to do and he was vey polite and explained everything wasp nest gone very pleased.
I have left it a week to calm down before writing this review after the appalling experience with this company. Initially it all sounded good, same day wasp disposal at £120 plus £50 for an extra nest if needed. However I was not informed that VAT had to then be added onto this cost. The so called professional arrived, no introduction to himself, didn't ask if we were the correct property just assumed and walked past us at the front door. Never have I seen someone so miserable in their job, no professionalism what so ever and zero people skills. He spent roughly 10 minutes spraying the nests, no explanation to what he was actually doing, even when we asked he was very vague. Is it safe for our dog to be in the garden now? How long will it last? Do we have to clean it up somehow once all of the wasps are gone? Blunt, no real explanation and we felt like we were putting him out of his way to do his job. We were informed eventually that we could carry on our excavation work in the garden within 24 hours as they should all be dead by then but they should all mostly die fairly instantly. So that 10 minutes passed and I paid the £204 for his time. In the current world situation, he then asked to take my card for payment, no PPE, no make, no gloves or any form of safety measure. It would have been much more suitable to ask me to read out the card numbers to him. Off he went and we felt completely ripped off but were happy to wait the 24 hours before continuing our garden work. The job was carried out on the Wednesday, by the Saturday there were still dozens of wasps flying around and what appeared to look like rebuilding their nest. I called the same number to which I was then told on the phone that it can take up to 7 days for the nest to be completely dead but they were happy to rebook a second visit to ensure the nest was gone. After all, I had paid over £200! Following this call with what appeared to be a pleasant understanding lady, the 'gentleman' who carried out the job then called me. He was extremely abrupt, rude and quite offensive on the phone to me. Arguing that he had never had to go back to a job before and how it was 'pointless' him returning. Im afraid after paying such a high figure of money for 10 minutes of work, it is far from 'pointless' to return to ensure the job is satisfactory! After several minutes of him talking at me, not listening to the issue we had, he then made the revelation that he didn't actually know who he was talking to or what the job was! Surely anyone with a slight bit of sense would find out who they are talking to, ensure they know the job before contacting the person for guess work?! Absolutely zero professionalism, he then told me to 'jog on' and hung up! After this disgusting phone call I then had him call me back an hour later to which I had no time for and returned the favour by hanging up on him. The following day, I presume the director called me to apologise and try to calm the situation, which was appreciated. However, no chance would I be letting this man back into either of my properties, especially since the holiday let he went through the week before now had visitors staying. I was offered a partial refund of £70 which still hasn't arrived in my account. The only reason I have given 2 stars instead of 1 is because I appreciated the managers effort to try and resolve the situation. If any of my staff were to speak to a customer like this, they would be out of a job instantly! I cannot describe the amount of shock we have been in after listening to the conversation I was verbally abused down the phone! Not a chance would I recommend or use this service again. I have since had a local pest control company to the property who have dealt with the nest. Apparently the death should be within 48 hours to be classed as a humane disposal and not to have a chemical flying around in the air for so long, unlike the supposed 2 weeks I was shouted at down the phone! Best of luck with your continued work!
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We would like to apologise again for the service you received, regrettably it was not up to our usual high standards. We will always do our best to try and resolve any issues as per your conversation with our MD, but respect your choice to go elsewhere.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss anything further.

Kind regards,
The Pest Control Co.
We have had an on-going problem with ants in our house during the summer months for several years now. Last year was particularly bad with them coming through skirting boards, door frames etc which prompted me to call out The Pest Control Co last October. They attended and assessed the sites indicated. They were to re-attend this April to treat those areas but were unable to owing to Lockdown. Ants started appearing a couple of weeks ago so I called them and they attended the following day. They were discreet, professional and thorough and I am happy to say that, so far, we have not seen any live ants in the house. Hopefully the ant problem has been resolved.
The service was friendly, effective, the advice given excellent
Excellent Service
Earlier this month
We heard noises in the loft adjacent to our bedroom window and thought it may be rats or field mice
Alex came out the next day and assessed and rectified problem instantly which was in fact wasps
Alex was knowledgeable professional and polite
We had a very bad mouse invasion. Darren from Pestco dealt with the problem in a very professional and careful manner. Two weeks later the problem had gone away much to a relief. Darren did a great job and I would be happy to recommend him and Pestco to prospective customers.
Quoted the day after I rang and 2 days later the job was done. Efficient,clean and no pestcontrol slogan emblazoned on the van. Thank you,great job.
I knew I had a problem after hearing noises from the loft at night. I called a few companies, but was impressed with the response from Pest Control who said they could respond that afternoon. Within half an hour I got a call from their operative Mick who arrived 20 minutes later. I was glad that his van had no advertising on it.
Mick filled me with great confidence, he obviously knew his trade and spent a long time up in the loft looking at the evidence and diagnosing a rat problem. He put down plenty of rat poison and a tracer powder around each tray so we can trace their entry points when he comes back in 2 weeks time to check the results. It was a fast and efficient service, at a very reasonable cost. I got a pensioner's discount as well. I cannot recommend Pest Control too highly.
We were very upset to have to go through this process, but our initial phone contact was very sympathetically handled and we were able to receive the visit that afternoon. The engineer Neil found no trace of any problem but I asked to have a clean in the two rooms just as a further protection. He was most informative and provided an excellent service. We could not have had better.
Steve came to my house yesterday - my cat brought in a rat which we thought had been dealt with but it hid! Behind the cooker! I was practically hysterical but Steve was lovely, professional and efficient! Rat dispatched and now house calm again. Worth every penny of v reasonable cost. Came the same day as the phone call which is essential when, as a customer, you are disgusted and in a panic. Th as no you for a great service
Excellent service. Prompt response, excellent knowledge by technician Darron. Highly efficient, Darron explained fully what he was doing and advice for us going forward. I would highly recommend this company.
I can't speak more highly of the service I received today. Darron was so knowledgeable about the pest, Darron arrived promptly, worked really efficiently, explained everything to us about what he was doing and aftercare.
Excellent package on cost and workmanship. Highly recommend. Many thanks.
Just had my loft cleared out sanitised and new insulation laid.
All on time, and very efficient and knowledgeably by Derren and college
Prompt appointments. Steve was very polite, professional and very informative. Our mice don't seem to be eating the poison much as yet but we are hopeful this will happen soon.
Darron arrived the same day as the enquiry and booking was made.
Immediately identified our rat infestation problem around the house.
Very knowledgeable and courteous.
Very happy with service, very friendly and reassuring, reliable and good price. Definitely use again, and would recommend.
The Pest Control Co is rated 4.81 based on 74 reviews