The Pest Control Co Reviews

Telephone
Read The Pest Control Co Reviews

The Training & Conference Centre, Chapel Street, Melbourne, DE73 8EH

Tell us how The Pest Control Co made you happy
We are now mouse free! Took a while but Andrew from The Pest Control Company didn’t give up - thank you!
I found darron very professional and very helpful he did a very good job.he explained All what he was doing very well. I was very pleased with him and the job he did
I can highly recommend Darron. His knowledge, professionalism and particular attention to detail was spot on and his perseverance and commitment to eradicating our rat issue was admirable. Before we got Darron in to help we had been let down by several pest control companies and had lost faith in ever getting the issue sorted but as soon as Darron took the job on we immediately trusted him to do the job properly and thoroughly and he didn’t let us down. He was always contactable throughout the process and kept on returning until the issue was sorted. We are now free from a persistent rat issue and we are extremely grateful for Darron’s help.
Kevin Greenwell from Pest Control Co visited the same day that we called. He was competent, friendly and thorough. Searched to find what the intruder was and then took exactly the right action to resolve the problem - which it did, within days. He visited again today and, once again, was absolutely brilliant. We cannot praise him or Pest Control Co enough. A million times better than the very expensive, but completely incompetent company that the insurers initially sent in.
Very good service very prompt and professional.
Darron at pest control co was prompt, informative, helpful and talked through each step with knowledge and ease. Thanks we’d recommend his services.
We are currently dealing with what is quite a difficult rodent situation in our home, and Derek not only made us feel relaxed but went about his business in a super friendly and professional manor, assisting us with sound advice and assurances about how these situations are dealt with.

I couldn't recommend him highly enough.
Very good service, rat gone after 2nd visit like they informed me on first visit. He kept his distance at all times and covid secure. Was also very patient whilst working from home, thank you so much, will definitely recommend you
Great and friendly service by Derek. I had a suspected rogue rodent in my property (which indeed turned out to be the case), which was dealt with - after the little bugger gave us the run around after it jumped out from behind my fridge!!
Bait has been put down in case there are more 'visitors' with a follow up to be had in a couple of weeks time to reassess the situation. Fingers crossed!!
Dean came to our rescue at short notice. Unfortunately we discovered an infestation of woodworm which he assessed and returned the next morning at 8am to crawl under our floorboards to treat our unwelcome visitors. Great service.
Darron was great resolved wast problem no fuss job done happy customer thank you Darron.
Darron was brilliant. He was punctual (I even got a text half an hour before he arrived) extremely professional and gave us great advice.
Darron was fantastic, he arrived on time explained the process, went through the materials and the results they achieve, advised me on other pest concerns I had. All in all very knowledgable and professional.

Would not hesitate in calling Pestco next time I need things sorting quick and professionally.
Darren was punctual, polite and efficient. He disposed of several wasps nest for us. He explained everything that he was going to do, looked thoroughly and found more nests than we thought we had and cleaned up after the treatment and removal.
Good value for money.
From the initial phone call the service has been excellent and efficient.
Happy with service given by the man that visited yesterday. Great chat and advice on pests. Can't believe I was going to spend an arm and a leg with Rentokil for the same service.
Don't be fooled by the '#1 Pest Control Company in your area' claim on the website - not remotely local to me (although claiming to be) and quoted me twice the price of any local firm excl VAT. Luckily I had a nest removed last year so realised that something was wrong when they quoted me the price!! Just warning any unsuspecting folk out there! Check the price before you proceed!
Responded quickly to treat wasp nest. Very efficient service. Although was surprised at cost (although same as other pest control companies), they slightly reduced price for OAPs which was a help.
Noticed I had a wasp nest called pest control the lady on the phone very polite got someone out to me the same day the man came sorry forgot his name he did what he had to do and he was vey polite and explained everything wasp nest gone very pleased.
I have left it a week to calm down before writing this review after the appalling experience with this company. Initially it all sounded good, same day wasp disposal at £120 plus £50 for an extra nest if needed. However I was not informed that VAT had to then be added onto this cost. The so called professional arrived, no introduction to himself, didn't ask if we were the correct property just assumed and walked past us at the front door. Never have I seen someone so miserable in their job, no professionalism what so ever and zero people skills. He spent roughly 10 minutes spraying the nests, no explanation to what he was actually doing, even when we asked he was very vague. Is it safe for our dog to be in the garden now? How long will it last? Do we have to clean it up somehow once all of the wasps are gone? Blunt, no real explanation and we felt like we were putting him out of his way to do his job. We were informed eventually that we could carry on our excavation work in the garden within 24 hours as they should all be dead by then but they should all mostly die fairly instantly. So that 10 minutes passed and I paid the £204 for his time. In the current world situation, he then asked to take my card for payment, no PPE, no make, no gloves or any form of safety measure. It would have been much more suitable to ask me to read out the card numbers to him. Off he went and we felt completely ripped off but were happy to wait the 24 hours before continuing our garden work. The job was carried out on the Wednesday, by the Saturday there were still dozens of wasps flying around and what appeared to look like rebuilding their nest. I called the same number to which I was then told on the phone that it can take up to 7 days for the nest to be completely dead but they were happy to rebook a second visit to ensure the nest was gone. After all, I had paid over £200! Following this call with what appeared to be a pleasant understanding lady, the 'gentleman' who carried out the job then called me. He was extremely abrupt, rude and quite offensive on the phone to me. Arguing that he had never had to go back to a job before and how it was 'pointless' him returning. Im afraid after paying such a high figure of money for 10 minutes of work, it is far from 'pointless' to return to ensure the job is satisfactory! After several minutes of him talking at me, not listening to the issue we had, he then made the revelation that he didn't actually know who he was talking to or what the job was! Surely anyone with a slight bit of sense would find out who they are talking to, ensure they know the job before contacting the person for guess work?! Absolutely zero professionalism, he then told me to 'jog on' and hung up! After this disgusting phone call I then had him call me back an hour later to which I had no time for and returned the favour by hanging up on him. The following day, I presume the director called me to apologise and try to calm the situation, which was appreciated. However, no chance would I be letting this man back into either of my properties, especially since the holiday let he went through the week before now had visitors staying. I was offered a partial refund of £70 which still hasn't arrived in my account. The only reason I have given 2 stars instead of 1 is because I appreciated the managers effort to try and resolve the situation. If any of my staff were to speak to a customer like this, they would be out of a job instantly! I cannot describe the amount of shock we have been in after listening to the conversation I was verbally abused down the phone! Not a chance would I recommend or use this service again. I have since had a local pest control company to the property who have dealt with the nest. Apparently the death should be within 48 hours to be classed as a humane disposal and not to have a chemical flying around in the air for so long, unlike the supposed 2 weeks I was shouted at down the phone! Best of luck with your continued work!
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We would like to apologise again for the service you received, regrettably it was not up to our usual high standards. We will always do our best to try and resolve any issues as per your conversation with our MD, but respect your choice to go elsewhere.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you would like to discuss anything further.

Kind regards,
The Pest Control Co.
We have had an on-going problem with ants in our house during the summer months for several years now. Last year was particularly bad with them coming through skirting boards, door frames etc which prompted me to call out The Pest Control Co last October. They attended and assessed the sites indicated. They were to re-attend this April to treat those areas but were unable to owing to Lockdown. Ants started appearing a couple of weeks ago so I called them and they attended the following day. They were discreet, professional and thorough and I am happy to say that, so far, we have not seen any live ants in the house. Hopefully the ant problem has been resolved.
The Pest Control Co is rated 4.83 based on 87 reviews