The Nine Schools Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend The Nine Schools

About The Nine Schools: Furniture Retailer

sales@thenineschools.co.uk

Tell us how The Nine Schools made you happy

"This furniture is made in China. First piece arrived damaged and had marks on. Replacement arranged and delivered. Very clear there are quality control issues with this furniture. Replacement piece in worse condition. If you can ignore the marks and any damage the furniture itself looks lovely however, it is not well made and is very flimsy so don't expect to be able to store much in it. I had great difficulty in arranging returns. Many days/hours wasted. Overall very poor customer service. I had doubts ordering from this site but due to the many good reviews went ahead. Not a good decision on my part."
The Nine Schools make oriental style furniture that is hand made in China, this is what we have been doing since 1995, it is made very clear through out the site and something we are proud of. When the customer received the damaged sideboard she was offered a full refund however wanted to keep the item. We offered her 4 dates over a period of 3 weeks to pick up returned item but she could not accept these, we even made a detour to collect on a Saturday as requested but customer was not in the house, so we arranged courier to suit and item was collected.
"Love the look and design but it's not made to the best quality. Marks when I opened the chest cupboards. Draws are not not the best either."
"Simply love my oyster grey sideboard and can't wait to order something else! Patrick has been so helpful from start to finish, sending a colour sample etc."
"Really pleased with my cabinet which arrived promptly, was very-well packed and looks great in my living room."
"I am over the moon with my oriental console table. I have a very narrow hall and it was extremely difficult to source a decent slimline one. This is perfect and I bought it in the oyster grey. It is extremely well made and very classy. Simply perfect and worth every penny. I had problems with delivery from a courier company as I live on an island and Patrick at Nine Schools went above and beyond to get it delivered to me. Excellent service and I would definitley highly recommend them on everything. Thanks"
"Loved my new cabinet, and amazing customer service! High key recommend!"
"Due to changed circumstances I no longer required new cabinetes. I had to cancel while the cabinets were on their way to me and still in transit. Nine Schools did not hesitate replying and refunding the payment which I had made. They were extremely considerate, without any fuss."
"Beautiful cabinet. Packaged very well and delivery on time. Great customer service. I definitely recommend this company and will purchase from them again."
"Product came exactly as it looked on the web. Great quality - I love it! Delivered very quickly. All in all I’m very pleased with the product and the experience."
"A terrible experience and service. We will not be using this company again. Delivery of our piece of furniture was slow and rearranged twice. When delivery was made it was the wrong piece of furniture. When we called to rearrange we were told they didn't know when it could be sorted and it took them about a week to pick it up. Eventually we cancelled the order. Refund was made weeks later after we had to chase. And all done quite begrudgingly by Patrick with not even an acknowledgement about the delay in refund. As if we were an inconvenience."
Yes this order went wrong - the delivery company made a series of mistakes and we apologised for this. This does not happen often but seemed to happen twice with this order.
It was tricky trying to pick up the items due to customers timetables and delivery company slots. The item was picked up and monies refunded.
"Beautiful product but unfortunately two of the shelves were scratched with the number 4 quite clearly done by hand. Patrick gave me a call as soon as he heard and apologised and is going to sort it for me. Very pleased with after care service"
The Nine Schools was alerted to this problem through the Reviews comment. We have contacted the customer and offered a replacement shelf which we will send in due course. All our products come with free replacement and free returns if not satisfied.
"The delivery man was so helpful he unpacked the sideboard for me as I was on my own. Could not fault the service. The furniture was pefect."
"Delivery was ok, we didn't get the call half an hour before but we were in anyway. We bought the black tall cabinet, it is stunning.....but when you open the doors they are just hardboard, painting them black to match the outside would have been better, they let the cabinet down and for the price paid would have expected them to have been done, now my husband will paint them, there are a few flaws on the outside, this is handmade so to be expected and acceptable, maybe we are just perfectionists! The cabinet still looks beautiful and has the 'wow' factor.....until you open the doors."
"You should have an excellence as a score box. From placing my order to my order being delivered everything was perfect. I couldn't have had better service. I'm so pleased with my order I'm placing my second order today. We are delighted. Hazel Fox"
"Beautiful piece of furniture thank you we are delighted. Superb professional and helpful delivery service .Thank you very much indeed."
"I've just purchased a lacquered cabinet - and am very pleased with it. I may have hoped for a slightly thicker layer of lacquer - it looks a little like it might scratch easily - but time will tell. In the meanwhile - it has pride of place, as indeed all my purchases from Nine Schools do. Great shop - with sufficient variety of beautiful furniture (and vases) to be exciting without being confusing!"
The Nine Schools is rated 4.84 based on 161 reviews