Teletext Holidays Reviews

01AM
1AM

Tell us how Teletext Holidays made you happy

Over a week
"Booked a holiday 16/06/2019, had my payment card charged 3 times, when I called 17/06/2019 to question this I experienced the worst customer service ever, not so much as an apology. All very nice until they get your money. Also asked a question regarding how to get to my hotel as this is on an island and need transfer via boat and was told this wasn’t something they could help with. Total cowboys, sadly if I just took a little long looking around I would of been able to book the same holiday for a lot less and not have to deal with the terrible customer service experience."
Are you Teletext Holidays? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Never again - Terrible experience - Shocking customer 'service'. I don't usually write reviews but felt I needed to this time after some shocking 'Customer Service'. The price you see is never the price you pay - They put a false low price on the website to draw you into them. Then tell you the real price on the phone. I was given some blag about "all of those rooms are now sold - You are getting an upgraded room." Next, I had a verbal quote from the operator who told me the price would be held for an hour, only for me to call again just 8 minutes later with another operator quoting an additional £20. In the belief that we were getting an unbeatable deal (which it later transcribed we could have equalled with the onthebeach.co.uk site), I decided to pay the additional £20. Next, with a similar experience to Irute, they 'forgot' to tell us that only our 7 year old daughter and I had reserved seats together on both flights - leaving my wife to sit alone. This was not explained to me - I found this out when I logged on to the airline's website and saw our flight details. They said we would have to pay the airline separately for reserved seats for my wife, which we did (for £22). So we had now paid £42 extra. There were issues over the room allocated which was not resolved to my satisfaction - admittedly I made the mistake of requesting a double room rather than a family room (which are the same price on the hotel's website and on every holiday operators' websites). Upon realising my mistake, I contacted them on the web chat and by phone, explaining that we required the £42 refund and for the room to be swapped to a family room. They were in no race to call me, so in one web chat I asked the simple question enquiring as to when a manager would be calling me, only for the operator to constantly say "Please bear with me - I am looking into this." It took nearly 50 minutes for the operator to eventually give me the reply "Your booking is confirmed - We will be sending the details through soon!" - Of course I was angry, but more was to follow. Following several more web-chats, I was eventually called by a manager, and explained about the refund we required and the room change, and he said he needed 24 hours to look into it. Over 24 hours later he called to tell me that we would receive the refund but he had obviously completely forgotten (or more probably not listened) to my request for a change of room, and would call back the next day, which he did, only for him still not have an answer on the room issue - again it was as if he had forgotten about it or ignored me! By now I was furious and requested a refund - This was not feasible due to the fact that we would lose our £200 deposit. He called me back again the next day and still had no answer regarding the room swap. I was called by someone else to be told that it would be £330 to swap the room! Eventually we were given the £42 refund regarding the over-charging but I had to chase this up as they were not forthcoming with the confirmation showing the new total price. Update - 13/6/19: I decided to cancel the airport transfers as we are now hiring a car for the week. This was agreed almost 2 weeks ago and we would lose about £10 of the £33 or so paid. No problem there, however, 2 weeks on and I am STILL awaiting confirmation of this. Also a week ago I received a phone call in response to my original post, at last I was speaking with someone with a good command of English, and who seemed to know her stuff. I explained what had gone on and she replied that she would ‘see what she could do for us’. Believing a week was long enough to look into this and get back to me, I was shocked (but not at all surprised to hear) that Teletext Holidays have no record of the conversation even occurring! I was told that I would be called later tonight but you’ve guessed it - I’m still waiting for that call. What a joke. By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Very slow, incompetent and ignorant of my needs. Extremely frustrating. I need a holiday now to get over the hassle I have had with them. Shocking!"
"Appalling customer service and care. Like so many of the reviews, I spent hours on the phone as well as sending emails to chase up transfer vouchers and an issue regarding the accommodation that I had booked. Contacted six customer advisors on different occasions to resolve the issue all of whom informed me I would be contacted. This never happened. They even had the audacity to claim they had rang and left a voice mail message on my answer phone. This was a complete lie!! Will NEVER EVER book a holiday with these charlatans ever again!"
"disgusting customer service, wrong booking, wrong flights, wrong baggage checked in, promises of return phone calls, emails, never arrived. spent hours on phone and online chat to be told every day will be sorted by end of day, never was. still not, going in 2 weeks??? text message from them demanding balance |(which is wrong) by tomorrow or could cancel holiday and charge us 100% of cost!!. they should compensate me for all of the stress, the phone calls, the overall experience, never in 40 years of booking holidays have i known anything like it."
"everything has been wrong!! avoid like the plague. Booked in Feb for 3 people package holiday to crete. 3 weeks from going they had only booked one flight for us. Then was on the phone and online chat to them every day for a week. Never returned the phone calls i was promised , never sent the confirmation of the rebooked flights. never responded to my 4 email complaints, then found out they had charged us for 3 checked in cases at £70 when only booked for 3. on phone and online chat yet again for hours. Today sent text message to me demanding balance be paid by tomorrow if not holiday will be cancelled and we pay 100% of costs!!! so i rang again and said how can i pay balance when you not sorted final confirmation and taken off charges for extra case? told we would receive confirmation for sure within 30 mins, that was at 5pm , never received!! so it goes on and on, im stressed out by all of this so please dont ever book with teletext it is not worth the hassle and stress that i have been caused. It has made me ill and run down dealing with this every day. It has ruined my upcoming holiday thats if Im even going?? , Annette"
"Booked into inferior wrong hotel This is absolutely awful - Avoid Teletext like the plague!! Me and my girlfriend are travelling to Falaraki in Greece on 13/06/2019. We booked a hotel under your website as advertised and were booked into a completely different lower standard hotel. Im trying to get this amended but customer service is being terrible. Although they have admitted liability they are not offering to correct the issue. Clearly this is unacceptable as I wish to be booked into the hotel (as advertised). Im becoming concerned at the amount of time it is taking you to resolve this issue. You are not responding to my emails or returning my calls as promised. I am incredibly disappointed with this and its quite simply false advertising. I am already in touch with Trading Standards who are taking this further."
"Booked a holiday with these rogue cowboys yesterday, got every finalist & sorted for 1492.00. Paid in full. An hour later they rang me up & said I’d lost the room & flight price had gone up so they wanted 160.00 extra. Even though I paid in full a hour prior to that. They got the price down to 100 which I paid. To then check online banking they had took two payments of 1492.00 & the agreed 100. So for a 1492.00 holiday they have took 3084.00. I have rang & emailed them to be put on hold for 40 mins. Ive asked to be put though to the manager about 20 times for the man to sit in silence then talk in language I couldn’t understand. Terrible customer service & the biggest rip of ever! Absolutely disgusted & appalled! Please do not even think about booking with these & if you do check your bank statements because they like to charge you twice!"
"TELETEXT HOLIDAYS is awful we phoned to book 4 nights away for 9 girls to majorca. We phoned up and he told us we had all inclusive in a hotel which were checked while he was on the phone for£325 . Once we had payed we then seen he had put us in the sister hotel which is not nice and half board and with a roll up bed for one of us. I phoned and they where going to listen to the conversation and phone back which they never so i phoned again the next day and got told the same thing next day still nothing then phoned them back and eventually after about 20 min he said i could speak to his supervisor she was not sent help and was very rude. They said they would send us the conversation which they have not done. Would never book with them again absolutely disgusting once they have ur deposit they are not interested in helping in any way"
"I booked with teletext around 2-3 months ago and booked the holiday in full. Firstly, when booking the price on line was different, more once I called and spoke to an agent, at the time I felt this was a bit suspect but continued. Further descrepancies was the name of the hotel on the website was Aquamarina but this name although still printed on rhe website and my papers has a different name; Ramada Attika... no one at the agency informed me of this and I only found out when trying to arrange transfers independently and could not figure out why the transport companies in greece did not know the hotel. The most serious complaint is even more grevious than the 2 previous ones mentioned. Following the sudden and unexpected death of my husbands close relative, I called teletext holiday to try to rearrange travel as the prebooked trip coincided with the funeral arrangements. To my horror the company requested an additional charge of 150.00 on top of what I had already paid and despite the special circumstances. I feel teletext customer care is void of care and compassion towards its customers and I deeply regret purchasing a vacation with them. It was the first time I have booked with this company and I do not wish to ever book with them again. There appears to be no policy around compassionate circumstances and further customer care and policy needs to be in place to better care for the needs of paying customers. Please be aware of this company"
"Should of learnt from my last experience.. Totally lies booked holiday and asked for a late checkout from. Mr Vin he resured me that this is not a problem as they have a arrangement with the hotel only to find out that this was not true and they request that we would have to pay fe an extra day. I will never book with teletext again. Think carefully before booking as they are dishonest."
"What a joke!!!! 😡 DO NOT BOOK they took our money nearly 3 weeks ago and the confirmation was wrong after 26 calls still no where. The only time I got a call back is when I wrote on here. Then that women hasn't even called back. Asked to a speak to head office and no one will let me. Promised so many call backs never happens. Yes might give you a little saving but the stress and phone calls adds up and you don't end up saving. Stay away from them it's all lies"
"Totally disappointed, I book a holiday with them and I payed for 3 star hotel and when I arrived at destination I realized they lied to us an they book 2 stars hotel. The prices are not the same like they advertised on site and the customer services is a nightmare. Never again! Please think twice !"
"I wish I read these reviews before using them. I was lied to by the agent and told I had booked an upgraded room. Found out from the hotel it was a lie and so I tried complaining but was completely ignored so currently taking the matter up through ABTA. The customer service is the worst I have experienced."
"Avoid this company at all costs. I’ve experienced the worst customer care ever! They have no interest in solving or dealing with complaints. As long as you part with your money they are happy, anything else, they are not interested. Use other travel companies who are at least affiliated with travel bodies to support you if required."
"Took price from online , proceeded with calling with reference . Quoted price much higher , called back to enquire why there was a huge difference the agent then came back with a higher price , constantly asking if I was looking to book even though I said I would like an explanation as to why there is a different price each time I call - clearly commissioned based sales very pushy and unorganized, I have since been bombarded with calls - highly unprofessional and I feel sorry for easily persuaded people calling who would not challenge there idiotic and inconsistent pricing"
"Rang to book a holiday. Was told it was 400 more. Said im not booking. Argued with me about live prices. Then i realised theyd tried to book me in a different hotel, thank GOD i didnt pay! Similar sounding hotel name. Called back this time only 200 more...said id really lost confidence now im not booking. Was told about li ve prices again and i explained the price had been the same for over a week. Was asked when i last looked...told them 10 minutes ago! I was told this could not be the case? Id screenshotted it! Told them im booking with first choice. No price rise , she then tried to tell me thats not the case? I hung up. Booked with first choice 400 cheaper all online everything included and still cheaper."
"The worst. When I rang to book it with them as they do not do not so online bookings...(for a reason and to mislead you) they said the room was not available for that price and I had to pay £200 more. Also tonoay £78 for the airport transfer and I also had to pay £138 for for the luggage.... They misled me and lied many times and they did not let me go over the phone. Users...Don't trust them..."
"This is only one of three online company complaint reviews I have done since 2004. So I don’t post negative stuff easily about a company but your customer service has made me do it. I do however post quite a few reviews on google when I receive good service. I called wanting to book a holiday for five people two rooms in Egypt. Simple I thought 48.33 mins later it was far from that on Sunday. Saturday night calls lasted 15, 31, 20 mins. This has stressed both myself and my wife and what is more totally not necessary. I have wasted nearly two hours of my time on the phone. I called them on Saturday night the 30th of March but I was left on hold for thirty mins while man checked availability. So I called back and the holiday was not available which in itself is fair enough. So the next day Sunday the 31st of March, I tried to book a different date and got Danny, what a liar. He told me that he had been to this exact hotel seven times already, but only after he asked the question if I had been there before. He told me that he would upgrade my rooms to a much higher ones, I would get hold luggage for each person. So Although it was significantly more expensive 25% more in fact, I gave him all my details passengers and card details. While on the phone to him he sent me a confirmation email. This stated a different sister cheaper hotel and standard room with only one hold luggage. This meant I was paying a lot more for nothing at all. So I said no if that is what you are giving me please cancel. At first he tried talking me around saying it does not matter what it said on the confirmation email I would be going to the hotel I wanted and that this was just to check the names. I disagreed and again he stated I was wrong and it doesn’t matter what it says on the confirmation I would be in the better hotel. But the luggage I was wrong he didn’t say it so I invited him to listen to the recording. He didn’t and kept insisting that I could not cancel as flights were booked now. By law he said I could not cancel and I would need to contact their complaints dept. Please bear this in mind I was still on the original phone call. After a very long period on the phone with him eventually he agreed to cancel it. I have emailed Support dept. on the 01/02/03 April 2019 I have received nothing since other than an automated response. Asking for a copy of the phone call. Under the Data Protection Act, GDPR and Call Recording Laws in the UK, it should be possible. Do not in my experience use these people."
"Absolute joke never same price as advertised. Is this legal? Is there not a company who check suck things? Please please don't waste time trying to get the price on website. Cannot believe still in business"
"Poor service"