Mediate UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mediate UK
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Mediate UK  Reviews

About Mediate UK :

Mediate UK help people going through a divorce or separation do so as amicably, cost effectively and fairly as possible. We offer fixed fee mediation and legal packages to save you money, time and stress on your divorce or separation.

alistair@mediateuk.co.uk

270 London Road
Wallington
Surrey

Tell us how Mediate UK made you happy
Dear Sir / Madam,

I only attended the initial meeting and then one joint session but I was very concerned about how your mediator dealt with the domestic abuse and violence esp in 2019 when it is known all the different aspects that are considered as abuse. He seemed to have a very black and white view as to what abuse was and how people being abused would act or should act. He seemed to have very little understanding of coercive control or the victim being unable to make such 'obvious' choices. This was esp apparent when he was giving examples about parental responsibility and one parent reporting another to social services, often at times sounding like he was blaming the un-reactive parent (often the mother) . He showed no understanding that the un-reactive parent may be suffering abuse and too scared to act.

I think there should be further training about abuse in all it's faces and show more empathy and compassion.

Many thanks,
Kate
Hello Kate. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Prior to setting up the business, I worked as a police officer on the domestic abuse team for 5 years, so we take any issues resolving domestic abuse very seriously. All our mediators are trained on this subject and your mediator in this case has been on an advanced course run by the local council on identifying and dealing with instances of domestic abuse.

Irrespective of this, we are always wanting to learn and improve our service, especially where abuse has taken place. To this end I would be really grateful if you would like to call me directly to go through your concerns about your mediation session. I am on 0330 999 0959 or alistair@mediateuk.co.uk and am happy for you to call anytime day or evening. I can see you reached agreement in the mediation session on 10 separate parenting matters, so I hope that you did find some benefit to the process. Ali Carter - Mediate UK
Biased and not at all happy with the outcome.
Hi Ross. We are delighted we managed to help you reach an agreement - one of the 90% of our clients who do through us. If you are not happy with the outcome you agreed, we can continue the mediation or you can take your case to court for them to make a decision. All our mediators, processes and company ethos is to remain completely impartial - so I will be happy to chat with you to see why you did not think this was the case. I can be reached anytime at alistair@mediateuk.co.uk. Best wishes and thank you for your review.
I don’t feel mediation helped at all. I ended up feeling just as bullied in mediation as I did before it. Waste of time, waste of money.
I felt that I wasn’t helped even when the mediation service could see that I was doing everything asked and my ex wife was being obstructive and didn’t really want mediation.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

The over-riding principals of mediation are we must maintain our neutrality at all times and that the whole process is a voluntary one.

We cannot therefore help one party more than the other and if one side does not wish to take part, we cannot hassle, chase or coerce them in any way.

Instead, both parties receive regular (approximately 3-monthly) emails from us requesting an update.

If both of you wish to re-engage in the process in the future, we would be happy to help you reach an agreement - just as we do for 90% of our clients who mediate through us.
Mediate UK is rated 4.75 based on 322 reviews