Mediate UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mediate UK
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read Mediate UK  Reviews

About Mediate UK :

Mediate UK help people going through a divorce or separation do so as amicably, cost effectively and fairly as possible. We offer fixed fee mediation and legal packages to save you money, time and stress on your divorce or separation.

alistair@mediateuk.co.uk

270 London Road
Wallington
Surrey

Tell us how Mediate UK made you happy
I just don't understand what we got. It's taken over two years and I'm no closer to being divorced.
Our situation has changed so much over that two plus years the whole process has been useless.
Hi Jamie, I can see that Surrey Mediation Service helped you reach an agreement in 2017 and that your decree nisi has been granted.

Your solicitor told us that the court amended the consent order but you no longer wished to be bound by the agreement reached in mediation as your circumstances had changed?

We hate to have an unhappy customer though - so we are happy to offer you both three hours of joint mediation at no extra cost - to help you reach a new agreement.

Please get in touch with us if you wish to take us up on this offer and we will book you in. Best wishes, Ali at Surrey Mediation Service
The mediator didn't actually mediate. Some unfounded assumptions in the figures were accepted. We were no further on after our two sessions than before. No ideas that we hadn't thought of ourselves were tried. It was a waste of time, effort or money.
I originally started with a 3 star review as I'd received a service but bad advice meant it was useless. After this I received a phone call from the CEO asking to fix it, offering me extra help when they didn't have to and asked me to change the review which I gladly did thinking they'd called me cos they actually cared about my plight. Upon changing the review I couldn't even get a reply to an email.

Waste of money and time for me and feel quite manipulated tbh.

AND STOP ASKING ME TO CHANGE MY REVIEW! I WILL NOT!
Hello Rachel. I am so sorry you feel that way. I'm a little confused as I can't see what more we could have done for you. You were told incorrectly you needed a C100 by the passport office and then you filed it incorrectly at court. The MIAM is the only part we deal with, which was handled quickly and correctly. But we still offered a free conversation with our solicitor to help you resubmit it, but you never contacted her. There offer is still there, should you wish to get some free legal advice as we wanted to help on your case. I wish you all the best in getting this resolved.
Biased and not at all happy with the outcome.
Hi Ross. We are delighted we managed to help you reach an agreement - one of the 90% of our clients who do through us. If you are not happy with the outcome you agreed, we can continue the mediation or you can take your case to court for them to make a decision. All our mediators, processes and company ethos is to remain completely impartial - so I will be happy to chat with you to see why you did not think this was the case. I can be reached anytime at alistair@mediateuk.co.uk. Best wishes and thank you for your review.
I thought it was very expensive and the mediator literally acted like a referee, my point being any one unqualified could have done his job, though he was a nice man !!!
Thank you for the review. Our accredited family mediators require an average of two year's family mediation experience to build a portfolio of cases, having undergone a foundation training course and ongoing independent assessment and training. We regularly review our prices and are pleased to say we are still the least expensive for private paying clients in Surrey. With court costs potentially in the tens of thousands, many people find mediation a quicker, faster and more amicable route to solve their issues. We wish you the best of luck in resolving your case and we are happy to continue with mediation if you need us anytime in future.
I don’t feel mediation helped at all. I ended up feeling just as bullied in mediation as I did before it. Waste of time, waste of money.
Friendly, professional, on time and very helpful. Great service.
Just had a free consultation as I wanted to understand my options for reaching a financial settlement with mediation as supposed to just independently agreeing something or using solicitors. Ali was reassuring, and explained several options, so I feel more confident now of a fair outcome for all parties.
I had a complimentary phone call with the head of the business. Alistair answered all of my questions in a very compassionate and well-informed manner. Has made me think mediation may be the way forward.
Always helpful, informative advice. Really pleased with this service.
Excellent service really helpful and great communication very satisfied.
Excellent service, very informative highly recommend
Really nice people Belinda and Ian were lovely helpful and professional.
Dear Sir / Madam,

I only attended the initial meeting and then one joint session but I was very concerned about how your mediator dealt with the domestic abuse and violence esp in 2019 when it is known all the different aspects that are considered as abuse. He seemed to have a very black and white view as to what abuse was and how people being abused would act or should act. He seemed to have very little understanding of coercive control or the victim being unable to make such 'obvious' choices. This was esp apparent when he was giving examples about parental responsibility and one parent reporting another to social services, often at times sounding like he was blaming the un-reactive parent (often the mother) . He showed no understanding that the un-reactive parent may be suffering abuse and too scared to act.

I think there should be further training about abuse in all it's faces and show more empathy and compassion.

Many thanks,
Kate
Hello Kate. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. Prior to setting up the business, I worked as a police officer on the domestic abuse team for 5 years, so we take any issues resolving domestic abuse very seriously. All our mediators are trained on this subject and your mediator in this case has been on an advanced course run by the local council on identifying and dealing with instances of domestic abuse.

Irrespective of this, we are always wanting to learn and improve our service, especially where abuse has taken place. To this end I would be really grateful if you would like to call me directly to go through your concerns about your mediation session. I am on 0330 999 0959 or alistair@mediateuk.co.uk and am happy for you to call anytime day or evening. I can see you reached agreement in the mediation session on 10 separate parenting matters, so I hope that you did find some benefit to the process. Ali Carter - Mediate UK
I felt that I wasn’t helped even when the mediation service could see that I was doing everything asked and my ex wife was being obstructive and didn’t really want mediation.
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

The over-riding principals of mediation are we must maintain our neutrality at all times and that the whole process is a voluntary one.

We cannot therefore help one party more than the other and if one side does not wish to take part, we cannot hassle, chase or coerce them in any way.

Instead, both parties receive regular (approximately 3-monthly) emails from us requesting an update.

If both of you wish to re-engage in the process in the future, we would be happy to help you reach an agreement - just as we do for 90% of our clients who mediate through us.
Completely pointless waste of money as ex-wife had already pulled out of mediation process. So i ended up having a 1 hour chat that led nowhere & paid money for the 1 hr session PLUS £60 for the sign off to go to court.

So if the intention of the mediation process is to resolve matters before court how can that work if one party has pulled out? I should not have had to come in purely as a bureaucratic step (& have had to pay so much money) simply to allow me to take the natural next step....progress to court.

Appalled. Farcical. Money making red tape. Unhelpful.
I Asif, we are sorry that you found the process unhelpful. Since April 2004 the Government made it compulsory to attend a miams, as you did before you can apply to court. We make a charge for the paperwork for court as the cost of being an accredited mediator, required to sign the form is in excess of £1,000 per year in compulsory training and supervision. We do wish you all the best moving forwards.
Anna Harries, Manager, SMS