Sleeps12.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sleeps12.com
Read Sleeps12.com Reviews

About Sleeps12.com:

We work hard at Sleeps 12 to make sure your stay is the best ever. Come and spend time at our beautiful big cottages and houses; perfect for large group holidays, celebrations, hen weekends and corporate team building breaks or hospitality.

It’s all about having a relaxing time in gorgeous surroundings – time to unwind, to be together and make wonderful memories. Our big holiday houses aren’t just places to stay, they’re places to enjoy.

Although the property was good, however there were some mishaps for example there was no refrigerator (large) as the old broke and the new open was ordered but was unable to deliver before our arrival.
Was told to use the new refrigerator will arrive first thing next morning, which it but food for 14 people was hard to store in a tiny under cupboard fridge, the manager sue was great, she was very helpful, we managed to store some food to our neighbouring holiday maker and also sue taken some chilled food home to store.
Overall good holiday and experience
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, I am so pleased they were able to replace the faulty fridge for you the following day and that you had a good holiday.
It is with a very heavy heart that I write this review. We have used Sleeps12 on many occasions spending several thousands of pounds with them. Fortunately we have have never had cause to complain before or indeed have they ever had to take issue with us.
We booked The Granary at Quantock Lakes, Nether Stowey for a hen party of 24 individuals for the weekend 20/3/20.
On 16/3/20 after the Government put in to place new guidelines relating to the Coronavirus Pandemic around social distancing and restrictions on gatherings of friends and family, we contacted S12 for an update. They eventually responded stating business as usual and that the property would be cleaned for us. This advice was given in the full knowledge that we were a group of individuals travelling from all corners of the UK including London where cases of Covid 19 were particularly increasing daily.
The property owners provided the same BAU advice.
We tried to explain to both businesses the Government official numbers around potential infection rates whereby one person could unwittingly infect up to 400 people in one month, multiply this 24 we could be causing concern for up to 9600 others. How is this protecting our NHS?
S12 and Quantock Lakes appeared to have no regard for our safety, that of their staff, property owners or local residents.
We continued to contact S12 and Quantock Lakes daily to check for updates given the increasing gravity of the pandemic situation but advice remained the same; BAU and also adding that we could all self isolate together and enjoy the swimming pool. S12 also tried to deflect any discussion by saying that they struggled to get hold of the property owners and also incorrectly stated that our contract was with Quantock Lakes.
On 19/3/20 the property owner advised that the possibility of postponement was highly unlikely due to their wedding event business taking priority. Given the enhanced social distancing measures put in place by the Government on 19/3/20 our Group took the brave decision to not proceed with the weekend despite no offer of a gesture of goodwill, refund or genuine postponement by S12.
In the four days leading up to our stay and the fast developing pandemic, Sleeps 12 at no point proactively contacted us, showed any concern for our safety, that of others or indeed the NHS (#stayhomesavelives). Their priority was to make sure our weekend remained available so that they could keep our money and carry on ‘Business as Usual‘. By keeping the weekend available, our insurance will not pay out.
I am further shocked and horrified to see that today, Sleeps12 are advertising holiday home breaks with incentives commencing tomorrow and for the whole current lockdown period. This includes The Granary at Quantock Lakes.
I have never used a review forum to express dissatisfaction before but Sleeps 12 have completely failed to act in a responsible way or address our safety concerns.
I have lost all confidence in Sleeps12, a company that openly encourages large group holiday stays and displays complete disregard for social distancing measures in this time of National Emergency should not be trusted in way whatsoever. Plenty of Businesses (other Premium Holiday House companies) are acting responsibly despite the potential financial impact and it only those companies that deserve to thrive when this is all over.
Dear Jane. We are very sympathetic to everyone who is losing out because of this dreadful virus. It is very unfortunate that during the first week of this very unusual situation you found yourself without the necessary travel insurance which was required for your stay. I can understand you being angry at yourself for not having put this in place. However I do not take kindly to this anger being directed at me, my staff or my owners. The owners very kindly and as a goodwill gesture offered you an alternative date. Instead of accepting this gesture you threatened them with bad reviews from you and all of your friends unless they gave you a full refund. This was not taken kindly and the offer of a reschedule was revoked.
Property layout worked very well for our group and we all had a good weekend. However, house could have been cleaner. Windows were dirty, there were pockets of dust in places. Blind in downstairs bedroom was broken and was being held up by what looked like a bra strap. One of our party suffered a stroke 5 months before our stay but we were told we would have to pay the entire balance in the event that we had to cancel (unless they could re-sell the booking). Our party member subsequently passed away and I requested 2 weeks grace to pay the balance, which was granted, but we still received automated messages chasing the balance. We removed the the said person from our guest list and some time later we got a rather upsetting message stating that there was a discrepancy with our guest numbers. I complained and was told this would be rectified only to receive the same message a week or so later. Shortly before our stay we were surprised with a £200 charge for two extra beds. The website floorplan states that optional extra beds can be added as a chargeable extra once you have made a booking. As we had originally booked for 14 and the property sleeps 14 if you use the extra beds we naturally assumed this cost had already been factored in. Unfortunately it hadn’t and there was certainly no flexibility fromSleeps 12 staff. All in all a rather unsatisfactory booking process and it is unlikely that we will use Sleeps 12 again.
We were so sorry to hear about your loss and it was upsetting that you had not taken out any insurance. We do try to give as much information as possible to our guests and the floor plans do clearly show the 12 beds, with the 2 extra in red as chargeable extras. It was unfortunately that there was clearly a misunderstanding as to who was responsible for adding these.
Beautiful location overlooking the fields
Beautiful heated pool which along with the views and
Location was the highlight of of the whole cottage.
House itself was grand but dated and in need of desperate attention.
Bathrooms had no space to put toiletries, door handles loose, some light switches not working. One working washing machine which leaked when we used it.
Issues with a immersion heater meant we had no running hot water for one afternoon. The owner was very quick to come out and did everything to resolve the issue. Overall a pleasant stay but very over priced for what if was worth.
Hi, It has taken me some time to reply to this review. We have holidayed in houses as a family of 12 for many years but we have never come across an owner like Barry Fitzpatrick.
He was very helpful before the holiday with several messages about dos and donts. When we arrived we were surprised to find endless notices on what not to do. Sadly no book as in most properties telling guests where local amenities could be found. The house was fine until on the 3rd day, water in one of the bathrooms stopped working. I politely messaged Barry to tell him and his response was ‘You must be using an awful lot of hot water’. We ignored this and eventually the problem righted itself. Later in the day, I received another message saying quote-‘Does the presence of 2 camper vans mean that you have more than the designated number of people staying and using the facilities (including the showers)?
I have to say I was furious. 2 of our children have camper vans as their only vehicle.. One of the ‘rules’ states people MUST shower with Soap before using the hot tub..
It appeared it was also acceptable for Barry and his wife to come and inspect the Hot tub and water the garden the day before we were due to leave. Why this couldn’t have been done on changeover day - I don’t know. This made us all feel very uncomfortable and we
would certainly not ever want to stay in this property again.
Hello Jan, I am so sorry that on this occasion you felt the owner was over attentive and a little protective of his property. It is necessary for owners to regularly check hot tubs during a week long stay, however notification of this should have been given. I have arranged a meeting with the owner to see if we can look at better managing these concerns.
Sleeps12.com is rated 4.90 based on 532 reviews