Sleeps12.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Sleeps12.com
Read Sleeps12.com Reviews

About Sleeps12.com:

We work hard at Sleeps 12 to make sure your stay is the best ever. Come and spend time at our beautiful big cottages and houses; perfect for large group holidays, celebrations, hen weekends and corporate team building breaks or hospitality.

It’s all about having a relaxing time in gorgeous surroundings – time to unwind, to be together and make wonderful memories. Our big holiday houses aren’t just places to stay, they’re places to enjoy.

Tell us how Sleeps12.com made you happy
We have used Sleeps 12 on seven occasions as venues for our annual family holiday (ages 3 to 75) and are already booked for 2020. Every aspect of dealing with this company including the standard of the accommodation and the facilities provided are of the highest standard and quality. What is also evident is the company does not sit back on its laurels but continues to invest in and improve its properties. Highly recommended.
Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback, we do love it when our guests return year on year.
It is with a very heavy heart that I write this review. We have used Sleeps12 on many occasions spending several thousands of pounds with them. Fortunately we have have never had cause to complain before or indeed have they ever had to take issue with us. We booked The Granary at Quantock Lakes, Nether Stowey for a hen party of 24 individuals for the weekend 20/3/20. On 16/3/20 after the Government put in to place new guidelines relating to the Coronavirus Pandemic around social distancing and restrictions on gatherings of friends and family, we contacted S12 for an update. They eventually responded stating business as usual and that the property would be cleaned for us. This advice was given in the full knowledge that we were a group of individuals travelling from all corners of the UK including London where cases of Covid 19 were particularly increasing daily. The property owners provided the same BAU advice. We tried to explain to both businesses the Government official numbers around potential infection rates whereby one person could unwittingly infect up to 400 people in one month, multiply this 24 we could be causing concern for up to 9600 others. How is this protecting our NHS? S12 and Quantock Lakes appeared to have no regard for our safety, that of their staff, property owners or local residents. We continued to contact S12 and Quantock Lakes daily to check for updates given the increasing gravity of the pandemic situation but advice remained the same; BAU and also adding that we could all self isolate together and enjoy the swimming pool. S12 also tried to deflect any discussion by saying that they struggled to get hold of the property owners and also incorrectly stated that our contract was with Quantock Lakes. On 19/3/20 the property owner advised that the possibility of postponement was highly unlikely due to their wedding event business taking priority. Given the enhanced social distancing measures put in place by the Government on 19/3/20 our Group took the brave decision to not proceed with the weekend despite no offer of a gesture of goodwill, refund or genuine postponement by S12. In the four days leading up to our stay and the fast developing pandemic, Sleeps 12 at no point proactively contacted us, showed any concern for our safety, that of others or indeed the NHS (#stayhomesavelives). Their priority was to make sure our weekend remained available so that they could keep our money and carry on ‘Business as Usual‘. By keeping the weekend available, our insurance will not pay out. I am further shocked and horrified to see that today, Sleeps12 are advertising holiday home breaks with incentives commencing tomorrow and for the whole current lockdown period. This includes The Granary at Quantock Lakes. I have never used a review forum to express dissatisfaction before but Sleeps 12 have completely failed to act in a responsible way or address our safety concerns. I have lost all confidence in Sleeps12, a company that openly encourages large group holiday stays and displays complete disregard for social distancing measures in this time of National Emergency should not be trusted in way whatsoever. Plenty of Businesses (other Premium Holiday House companies) are acting responsibly despite the potential financial impact and it only those companies that deserve to thrive when this is all over.
Dear Jane. We are very sympathetic to everyone who is losing out because of this dreadful virus. It is very unfortunate that during the first week of this very unusual situation you found yourself without the necessary travel insurance which was required for your stay. I can understand you being angry at yourself for not having put this in place. However I do not take kindly to this anger being directed at me, my staff or my owners. The owners very kindly and as a goodwill gesture offered you an alternative date. Instead of accepting this gesture you threatened them with bad reviews from you and all of your friends unless they gave you a full refund. This was not taken kindly and the offer of a reschedule was revoked.
I have to say I have rarely if ever been treated in such a shoddy or dishonest way. To hold clients liable for the full cost even 6 months in advance is draconian and not in line with industry norms. Not only that, the provisional “offer,” in writing, of a date change was abruptly withdrawn just a week later with no explanation. We are seasoned large group rental clients and let out property ourselves ( please note all *our* clients have been given the choice of dates in 2021 at no additional cost). Very badly played, Sleeps12.com. Not the way I wanted to remember a unique family occasion.
At sleeps12 we are actively trying to accommodate those with bookings in April and May, the ones that are imminently effected by our unusual situation. We feel this is the fairest way forward. We are happy to look at bookings in August eventually, but feel it would be selfish to not give the early dates priority.
We had a bad experience in France, wrote a review, which I was told would be put up what ever! Never to be seen.
Thank you for your review. As always we do look into all complaints and on this occasion felt that the owner was right to retain some of your damage deposit.
My fourth or fifth stay in one of your houses, the last twice in neighbouring houses. We’ve always been impressed with the quality and cleanliness of them! The first two (or three) times we stayed in Flossy Brook but I’m afraid my family outgrew it; the last time we were in Ham Bottom which has surpassed anywhere else. My family now consists of 2 ‘seniors’ 4 adults and 7 grandchildren (ranging in age from 2 to 15) and it was always possible to find a quiet spot. The smaller grandchildren especially enjoyed watching the television whilst having a bath! We can’t wait to go back again! Vernon Wheeler
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review, we really do appreciate it and hope to be able to accommodate you again.
Excellent from beginning to end
Thank you.