SimpleHandrails.co.uk Reviews

Gareth Ledgard
SimpleHandrails.co.uk 5 star review on 11th October 2020
SimpleHandrails.co.uk 5 star review on 30th September 2020
Nigel Nott
the prices are good but as yet we have not been able to install the balustrade since one of the glass panels is missing, hoping to hear soon about when it will be delivered but have heard nothing as yet. I'm sure I will love it once it's all installed
The delivery was left outside at the front of my property with no one at home (tuffnells), Luckily it was not stolen. On opening the parcels I found 2x 3 metre lengths as intended But both were quite bowed and the colour / pattern was very different between the 2. (walnut) . The joining piece and the end pieces are a loose fit on the plastic inserts so much that they fall off under their own weight . all in all pretty bad .
We ordered two oak handrails in September on the website that stated 3 to 9 days delivery.
After two weeks without any contact I emailed them, they responded by telling me that they had had a sub standard delivery off oak which was delaying the order but it would be dispatched the following week.
At the end of the following week I received an email telling me that my order had been delivered, it had not.
After sending them an email asking them to cancel the order and refund the money as it was now 23 days since we had placed it the delivery suddenly appeared out of the blue a few days later.
We had not received any notification of this delivery and it was just pure chance that someone was in to receive it
Its not like you can leave a 4 metre handrail anywhere safely.
The communication with this company was non existent
The delivery was a day later than confirmed and there was damaged to the pole which had indents in it.
Rail is scratched. We have not installed it yet we hope the scratch does not show. We have not yet checked the box of fittings. Installation instructions missing
Product is good except for the screws supplied. There were three screws required for each bracket required nine screws in total. Received six screws the correct size and seven screws the incorrect size. Incorrect size screws, heads were smaller in diameter as with the diameter of screw.
Post support arrived with screw missing, emailed and no response, Still no screw as difficult to find.3rd Post support arrived and is different from other 2 purchased.

Not impressed.
Hand rail comes with plastic screw on fixings which hold decorative steel end caps. The difficulty is that the plastic screw on fixings have to be aligned exactly central to the circular banister rail which can be very difficult- there are no pre-drilled holes or template. I ordered 2 rails - one of the rails had faulty plastic end / steel caps which meant that the steel caps keep falling off the plastic fixing - Went through customer support to get these replaced ....still waiting. Took over 10 days to get the rail and now waiting to get replacement caps.
Excellent handrail which looks great in our hall.
I ordered a 3.5m length of handrail because I needed 3.3m and I wanted a small amount for comfort (in case of damaged ends).
The handrail I received was 3.5m long but one end had a flat that extended for 350mm, giving me an effective 3.15m long handrail. The domed ends gave me another 70mm which made my maximum length of handrail 3.22m, which is 80mm shorter than I wanted. But now that it’s cut and fitted, I have to live with it.
In hindsight it would have been better to have gone to B&Q and chosen the mop stick I wanted and be able to verify that I would have 3.3m of usable handrail. Lesson learned.
I recognize that we should be more considerate in these times of pandemic but there is no replacement for quality and dimensional control, just non-compliance.
While I am on the subject, although their delivery terms state 3 to 12 days, those days are Monday to Friday days only, therefore 3 to 16 days in reality. My mop stick was delivered precisely 21 days after ordering. I checked the live on-line chat twice to get a delivery date, the first time I was given the 11th of 12th business day after my order, the second time I was greeted and then after making my query with complete silence. I called and spoke to a person who apologized for the lack of delivery and promised it would be with me on a certain date, which it was. So, if you’re planning your work around a delivery you may be delayed.
The product was fine, the communication could have been much better but I presume COVID must have played a part in that.
Still awaiting a replacement hand rail ! Was told it would be sent out Monday ! Then Tuesday to receive Wednesday still nothing
Not happy with it as it come and I have to vanish it my self in the picture is what I wonted I asked for a Antique brass banister the fittings are Antique but the pole has to be vanished it cost £128 I never got what I wonted angry customer
Hi William,

Thank you for your review. You purchased the unfinished handrail? I am not sure what the issue is to be honest.

This is the product, which states an unfinished handrail which the customer needs to add to their requirements. This is a solid oak rail with specialist ends and brackets.

Simplehandrails.co.uk
Hi, My item arrived two days ago, I haven't actually looked at it item yet. I thought I would let you know that I wasn't very impressed with the delivery process. I got a phone call whilst I was driving around the M25 from the delivery driver to say he was outside my empty house with the item. I hadn't been given a delivery date prior to this (or since), so I was expected to arrange an alternative delivery venue with my neighbour whilst driving on the M25. Luckily this was successful. I want to stress that the delivery driver was very helpful and patient. I would suggest you review your delivery processes in the future - surely I wasn't expected to wait indoors for a week.
Arrived on schedule and was in good condition. I am disappointed in the very rough surface of the handrail considering it was nearly £200 pounds worth you would like to think that it has been finished to a reasonable standard! I was going to buy some others to match this one but have changed my mind!
Main wooden Handrail looked good at first, but ends had some defects and there were NO instructions with the pack For non experienced DIY customers it was tricky to fit. Nothing to say what height the rail should be at, what distance to fit the brackets, how to ensure the metal ends fitted snugly, etc
Good Afternoon Carol,

Thank you for your review. We are a family business and we all take the reviews to heart whether good or bad.

We had no idea there was an issue with your handrail, and if we did we would of actioned this straight away, which once we saw this review we did try and rectify.

All instructions are located on the same page on the website where the initial purchase was made, we also do send them via email if the customer requests them.

After having follow on conversation with the customer, it appears that there wasn't any issue with the rail, it appears that the end cap/ oak have been marked or damaged during installation. Which if we had sent instructions would of been avoided.

The customer and Simple Handrail's agreed that it was best to write a reply to the initial review to help future customers.

Simplehandrails.co.uk
Hand rail great BUT arrived with no brackets, ends or additional bracket ordered - 3 emails to company and no reply as yet
Poor service, terrible delivery, a good product once damage was hidden.
To be fair I was a little disappointed, I bought 1 x length of 3m and 0.5m length of the round oak, the 3m was 20cm short! and the 0.5m was 1cm short.....its never too long.....also the ends were badly damaged, so I had to trim them. 1m of the 3m length had a step/mark so I had sand this smooth. The S/S items were spot on. Also regards to getting the centre for the S/S end caps, this is hard un-less you have a centre finder square, this could be easily overcome by supplying a plastic end cap with a hole in the middle, this way you could slide over the end and spot through the hole, ensuring the hole is dead centre.
Delivery took 8 working days.....
Ordered a handrail and it's been delivered damaged - I didn't even need to take it out of the packaging. I contacted the company to advise and I was advised that this had been passed on to a manager to review. A few days later and I have still yet to receive an update - I had a joiner arranged early the coming week to install it and now I've had to delay - I don't know when the joiner will next be free now!
Disappointing and poor customer service.

11/05/209 - Update
Emailed the 11th and 18th March as I was promised a new handrail and a credit if I revised my review. I got absolutely no response from either email and no credit. I did get a replacement handrail, unfortunately the packaging had been soaked and damaged yet again - fortunately the handrail hadn't been damaged this time. However I am now stuck with a handrail from the previous delivery and no response from Simple Handrails.

Poor communication and poor customer service.
SimpleHandrails.co.uk is rated 4.60 based on 1,747 reviews