SimpleHandrails.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend SimpleHandrails.co.uk
Read SimpleHandrails.co.uk Reviews

sales@simplehandrails.co.uk

Unit 8, Broadwyn Trading Estate

At first glance the rail looks great, especially once it came out of the cardboard tubes. Unfortunately the ends are not all the same size which means the joiner in the middle is not flush. Also the metal end caps are slightly different sizes inside which means the plastic insert is snug on one end but loose on the other. All in all it looks OK but was expecting everything to be flush.
Barely acceptable. I was debating 2* or 3*. There was a problem with the delivery. There was a part missing in the kit. The screws were loose, literally, in the kit box. The wood is full of splinters. The brackets cannot be adjusted so you have to line them up millimeter precise. All in all a pretty stressful experience to fit it to the wall. But it looks nice now it's done.
Delivered within stated time. 3m American oak complete with all good quality fixings. Very slight whip on the pole, not enough to make fitting difficult, straightened out when screws were tightened. The small screws supplied for the bracket to pole fixing were not of good quality according to my workman, he will have to return and replace them with screws that do not ‘crumple’ when put in.
Now is not a good time for a review as the order is only part complete and the balance is ?????
Will give a proper review when all items recieved
Our rail was eventually delivered in good condition after some initial issues.
Hi Chris,

To follow on from my email to you. The rail you ordered was a two section handrail with a joiner. You didn’t order or request one complete length. The rails are pre drilled with the lengths determined by the bracket locations. If you contact the office tomorrow we will gladly help you.

Simple Handrails
A little disappointed as one of the oak rails has a bow in it
I know that wood has the tendancy for this but the overall effect is now not as good as I expected as my eyes are constantly drawn to the defect
The quality of the goods when they arrived was very good . Unfortunately not all fixtures were recieved but Simple Handrails did resolve this issue satisfactorily.
Could do better. No further comment.
Hi Royston,

Thank you for you order and review. You ordered 1.2m x2 rails and then blamed us for sending out 1.2m rails instead of 2.2m. You ordered 1.2m handrails and then tried to say it was our mistake when you ordered online through our website. We have tried to contact you and sort this with you reasonably however you are adement that this is our fault and dont want the help?

If you do want this sorted please get back in contact and we will help you,

Simple Handrails
I was disappointed as the wrong brackets were sent I was unhappy as when I asked for refund I was told I would have to pay 30.00 for collection even though it was not my fault they have now sent correct brackets which they said didn't exist
Everything OK. Apart from screws missing from the package!!
1.5 metre rail oak supplied with all fittings a few extra stainless screws (handy). Good quality multi-angle adjustable brackets. Rail had a slight bend to it, it's oak so not surprising and not too noticeable when fitted. Also not truly round, particularly at the extremes where the end caps fit, giving a miss-match unless slightly reshaped to be true to the caps. Otherwise all good.
Sent back Thanku
Handrail ordered was good quality. I had to re-drill for screws as the brackets weren’t far enough apart. This isn’t a criticism but I did want to know what screws to purchase to hold the brackets in the new position, as the original screws wouldn’t hold in the new holes. However, it’s a nightmare trying to get hold of these guys by phone or online. Prior to receiving the handrail, I had to phone three times to ask where my order was. It was meant to be 3-5 days but because of Covid, they said it would be 8 working days. This didn’t happen and I was told it was nine days. It turned up after 11 days. Their courier service only allows tracking to the shipping stage too. So you have to wait in not knowing when the order will arrive. I don’t think I’d use them again which is a shame because the product is good. I’d also point out you can’t use the Covid excuse all the time for late delivery.
Hi Mark,

Your delivery wasn’t late? All our orders are delivered within 12 working days. They leave us after around 7 working days. This fluctuates daily however your rail definitely arrived within the 12 working days.

Any issues please come back to us.

SimpleHandrails.co.uk
If it had not been for the delivery I would have given a rating of 5 , the quality of the product looks great and the service to order it was easy. The communication and delivery was very poor. If you are waiting for it fitting order 4 weeks in advance, Customer Service is very poor with little communication when trying to get in touch for an update the only person that was helpful was Dan. It took 3 different couriers to delivery the items over 2 weeks. You seriously need to look into the delivery side of your business how can it be cost effective to send 3 Van's with items from the same place?
Good but a bit rough in places even after a sand down and could have had pre drilled hole for end caps as is tricky to get hloe dead center for cap to be even
I was led to believe that I would have a choice of 'time of day' slot for delivery. This was not so, and I had to be prepared to wait all day. It would help others in the future if there was some way of tracking time of delivery. Thank you.
Few delays at first (Could be due to COVID-19) but sorted eventually. Good price and quality products.
I have mixed reviews about my experience with simple handrails. I scoured the internet for a handrail with copper fittings and kept coming back to the one advertised here. It's the prettiest one I could find and perfect for my new hallway but the price was extravagant for me so it took me a while to commit to ordering. I ordered on the 4th June and received it on the 24th. A delay I could of accepted if there was any communication from the company but I found I was the one doing the chasing and was told they were busy and it was the courier's fault, the courier did have my rail for a week but it was still only dispatched after 13 days. Again, I had no problem with this but the lack of communication meant every day I was waiting excitedly for my new purchase that didn't come and after a while, that excitedness turned to frustratedness, especially as I was told the wrong delivery date. Dan was very helpful in providing me the tracking details which eased the unknowing and replying to me out of hours which I wasn't expecting but I am still waiting on advice about which grade of sandpaper to use on my rail as it is still too rough in some places. For £194.. I am scared to ruin it plowing ahead without their expert advice, it may not be a lot to some people, but it is to me so a reply would be appreciated.

Jen
Order delivered efficiently but handrails had holes in wrong place didnt match the brackets so now waiting for replacement hand rails - not ideal but no argument over resending new rails so will wait and see if all is correct
I’m sorry to say I am not completely happy with my hand rail.
It’s slightly bent and is rough to the touch.
SimpleHandrails.co.uk is rated 4.60 based on 1,724 reviews