SEGBO Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend SEGBO

support@segbo.co.uk

United Kingdom

Click Here

Tell us how SEGBO made you happy

Over a week
"Please think twice before using this company. There are a lot of bad reviews on here and I foolishly ignored them. Ordered hoverboard, arrived and was faulty out of the box. Contacted to organise return and first encounter was to justify that I should not have to pay for return. Advised I wanted a new unit, not repair as it was unused, ended up waiting over a month to get same product back again. 15 minutes out of box broke again and was overheating to the point we were concerned it might blow up. Returned again asking for refund, waited over a month again only for them to refuse. Finally agreed but this was possibly my worst consumer experience ever! Steer clear."
"Please find the time to read this if you are palnning to buy a from this company. Below is a review I wrote about 4 months ago and suprise suprise i still have't had my issue resolved. They don't answer your questions and have no customer care. Please don't every purchase anything from this company and go to a shop where you can have a grown up conversation. Firstly your luck to get 1 star as there no option to give you a minus, this is not a rant from an unstable customer, just a disappointed one. Well here goes. Purchased the hoverboard in December, but even though I could prove I had paid for it on my credit card, Segbo denied receiving the payment. I produced bank transaction, but still you denied it. After a week of phone calls and emails that would never replied to, I finally got somewhere when you admitted it was an error on your computer and I had in fact purchased the hoverboard. Wow thanks for telling me something I already knew. Fast forward 6 months and the hoverboard developer's some problems. I contact you and you ask me to send it back as the board is still under warranty, which cost me £17.99 by having to purchase your collection package. After I purchase the package you send me another email saying the chassis wasn't covered, even though i had to point out on my email "warranty cover which is on your website stats" “Our warranty covers all the electrical components and parts inside your hoverboard”, I even pasted the whole warranty statement in case you have misplaced it in your office. I have pointed out the section that mentions parts inside the hoverboard, if the chassis has split then it covered as it’s inside the hoverboard", not rocket science here guys. As usual to this email, I again had no reply. So hoverboard sent off, I them receive a message from DPD saying the hoverboard is coming back to me, yet no email to say what you fixed, and when the board arrived, there is a engineers check sheet in the box with absolutely no information regarding what repairs were done. To say this is the worst customer service I have ever received from a company I have purchased something from is an understatement. It's a real shame as my boy loves the hoverboard. Please don't every darken my door again with you products as I will definitely never purchase anything from your company again. p.s you still have my email address so it would be nice if you could tell me what you did to the hoverboard"
"Please take the time to read this post. We have had an absolutely awful experience with a company called segbo in which I purchased a hoverboard and cart from. Please take the time to share this post so that this does not happen to anyone ever again. This company needs shutting down! On 28th August I searched the internet to find a good company to buy a hover board and cart from. My son turned 7 in august and was desperate for one. He had asked family for money this year so that he could save up for this special gift. I found a company called segbo which came up first on the google search. It seemed to have a live chat (which doesn’t work), a phone number (which rarely goes through), a Facebook page and a twitter page as well as the website. All seemed legit at first glance. The problem started immediately after I purchase the item. One of the reasons I purchased it was because it said next day delivery. As soon as i purchased the item I received an email saying your free hover cart will arrive separately to the hover board within 2 weeks! I immediately emailed explaining that this wasn’t acceptable as I had purchased it because of the next day delivery. They emailed me back saying they were upgrading the cart and it would come with the board. Neither item arrived the next day. I emailed at the end of the day on 29th August asking where the items were, I never receive a response. The items finally arrived on 2nd September much later than advertised. My son was very excited to open his new present. My husband followed set up guidance and my son tested the item in our driveway. After a short while the hover board stopped working completely on one side. My son was very upset. I contacted segbo by email the very same day of delivery to inform them. At this point I was willing to accept a replacement because that is what my son wanted. To cut a very long story short I was initially ignored, then told I had to take a video of the fault and send it to them to access. I heard nothing . I contacted them again and they informed me they were emailing a dpd label to return with instructions on how to return which included sending photos and a video on how we packaged the item. We never receive the label or instruction email, I had to contact them again. They then email the label and I find I have to travel 3 miles to drop the hover board off! I receive an email from dpd on 25th sept saying my item was handed over to segbo. I wait for one week before I contact segbo again to find out when I was receiving a refund. I was informed they were assessing it to see if it warrants being fixed or not. I said I wanted a refund. I then got an email saying I need to wait 14 days for assessment, I wait nearly 3 weeks with no word. I emailed and receive no reply. I formally ask for a refund with no reply using the format on citezens advice . I manage to then get hold of “customer support” on the phone and attempt to plead my case and explain that they have made this extremely difficult for me to obtain a refund and that I was seriously concerned because I had since looked at there Facebook page and noted scathing reviews from customers in the exact situation as me. He explains to me that those people were disgruntled because they were angry they never received a refund because there item was scratched when it came back which means it could not be resold. I couldn’t believe my ears. The items are faulty and not fit for purpose. Weather of not here is a scratch on the item bares no relevance, plus the scratches on the reviews actually came from the cart attachment! This has nothing to do with my order as he claimed to have no details on my “assessment “ by assured me that I would receive an email within 24 hours. I informed them by email and on the phone of my sons health issues and thatbheybhad made this so very difficult for me at already stressful time. That was 7 days ago. I have emailed them them almost everyday since then to have finally received a reply today saying they will give me a partial refund because the board has a scratch on it! How we can scratch an item within 30 minutes of open it is beyond me and the fact that this item is not fit for purpose means nothing to them. They have informed me that the free cart that came with the purchase of the board needs to be returned before they will issue me a partial refund. The whole situation is ludicrous. I have no faith that I will receive any kind of refund if I send back the cart. Segbo have clearly been getting away with this for a long time. Everyone needs to stay away from these con artists. My son had lost all of his birthday money which he really doesn’t deserve. I really was devastated for my son last week with Christmas coming up and not being able to afford to simple go and buy another one. You can imagine as a parent you just want to see your children happy. I have even more reason to keep my son happy. My son has been battling a brain tumour since the age of 18 months old. In December, just before Christmas we were told it is likely the time has come to remove he tumour which obviously can have serious affects. As a family we vowed to give him the best year of his life and make lots of memories. It broke my heart to tell him was wasn’t able to get he hover board back. Since then last week my sister surprised my son and I with a new board from a reputable company to try and rectify the situation. While this an absolutely selfless act I am now wracked with guilt and want to be able to give my sister the money back. Can anyone advise me on how much further I can take this and by sharing far and wide. Please make this go as far as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read 😢"
"I was treated horribly. My scooter came broken and I was wanting to try it out and when I was going to send it back because it was broken they wouldnt and I sent it away to be fixed and they wouldnt even fix it. I don't reccomend this website at all."
"Looks a great piece of kit - until it breaks immediately and then being sent back twice and charged for doing so even though it’s not our fault. The go cart part is poor and doesn’t work. I have one sad little girl and no one should by this now as everyone says the same - dreadful shame"
"Had to send back for repair 5 times all the same reason then they wanted to charge me £40 for the pleasure so now got a board that dosnt work, and a 7 year old who saved her Christmas and birthday money that has nothing to show for it very very poor customer service would keep away from here"
"I have emailed on several occasions about the charger and charge point on the hover board and do not receive a response. The charger is intermittent and the charge point has continuously come out of the hoverboard since April ( hoverboard was purchased in February)"
"The go kart I bought to go with the Segway was rubbish the attachments come apart and my son hurt himself did ring up but the person I spoke to was very rude"
"Timely delivery Excellent Customer Service phone assistance Competitive pricing Excellent specific repair assistance Very happy with purchase"
"After doing a little research I decided to get a Segbo electric scooter for my son. The item was dispatched quickly, the actual product was not great in terms of quality, which was a real shame. We've had issues with the accelerator / break levers getting stuck (which can be dangerous), the light being very intermittent and the kickstand not being able to hold the scooter upright correctly. The scooter itself, feels well built and has the potential to be great (maybe we were just unlucky) but I couldn't in all honestly recommend this to anyone."
"My delivery was on time I had to return because we could not charge the Segway but repair got sorted quickly my granddaughter loves it thanks"
"Product has broken down several tones. Obviously a problem - even though still under warranty the Company still refuses to replace! Wouldn’t order again."
"Lovely product my grandson is still riding it . Arrived on time and the cart is quiet awesome ."
"The product is very poor quality, it is already broke"
"Avoid this company. This is worse experience we ever have by buying online. We bought Hoverboard in the beginning of August (4th) Hoverboard Worked for 20min. Sending back and paying 17.50 for that the following day. Received back in a four weeks, still not working. Raised complaint twice. They just ignored everything by saying :'' Our engineer is looking at the issue with your Hoverboard and your item will be returned soon. '' Never happened. Yesterday 9th October they contacted us by email saying our Hoverboard is ready to be dispatched... By that time we got our money back from our bank. This is the worst customer service. Shame on you!"
"Sent a hoover board to be repaired £30 courier. Sent a further £60 but have not heard or received repair back? This was 6 weeks ago. There on line chat & e mail service does not seem to exist. Rang today again as repair was promised for last weekend still not arrived even though they said part in 2 weeks ago ? Promised back soon but no date given. I’m at lost for words ."
"Purchased a scooter from segbo 2 months ago...got on it today and the handlebar was rocking back and forth...looks down a crack and missing bolt has appeared above the brass ring....contacts them...they say nothing to do with us...who's it to do with then....still has ten months warranty...disgrace"
"Ordered from here last week and they have no record of it but have took the money from my bank my sons birthday is tomorrow and they tell me today they have no record DISCUSTING DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!"
"I would give 0 stars if I could. Instructions for set up appalling, 1 screw wouldn't even locate into the hole of kart seat. On using, seemed flimsy with the 2 butterfly clamp clips holding the kart struts together, it travels at high speed. After a few goes, it separated and could have caused nasty accident. E-mailed for support, replied 4 or 5 times, each time sending more info and photos. No real support or proper advice provided. No shop to gk to to get it repaired ( w of the flimsy clips also broke very quickly). In the end asked for different kart which looked safer as a replacement as the upset caused to my daughter and hassle of trying to convince segbo purchase not fit for purpose and get a refund / replacement. Gave up out of sheer frustration and nowhere else to turn. Do not buy from here is my advice."
"***DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY*** - worst customer services experience ever - faulty hover board (which they charge you for the privilege of returning) has been back with them for over 1 month and still no sign of it being returned - all they continually say is "...the end of this week..." - shall be contacting Trading Standards to report them - I wouldn't waste your money"
SEGBO is rated 3.78 based on 116 reviews