SEGBO Reviews

Easy
Read SEGBO Reviews

support@segbo.co.uk

United Kingdom

Tell us how SEGBO made you happy
My 6 year old son absolutely loves it!!! He has so much fun on it & loves that u can play music through it
Ordered an item and had to return as it wasn't correct fit. I have been waiting over a month now for my refund and still cannot see the end to the nightmare. I have called, emailed and even spoken on live chat. If you order from this company do not expect to get any refunds for faulty or returned goods.
Very good service,
Please take the time to read this post. We have had an absolutely awful experience with a company called segbo in which I purchased a hoverboard and cart from. Please take the time to share this post so that this does not happen to anyone ever again. This company needs shutting down! On 28th August I searched the internet to find a good company to buy a hover board and cart from. My son turned 7 in august and was desperate for one. He had asked family for money this year so that he could save up for this special gift. I found a company called segbo which came up first on the google search. It seemed to have a live chat (which doesn’t work), a phone number (which rarely goes through), a Facebook page and a twitter page as well as the website. All seemed legit at first glance. The problem started immediately after I purchase the item. One of the reasons I purchased it was because it said next day delivery. As soon as i purchased the item I received an email saying your free hover cart will arrive separately to the hover board within 2 weeks! I immediately emailed explaining that this wasn’t acceptable as I had purchased it because of the next day delivery. They emailed me back saying they were upgrading the cart and it would come with the board. Neither item arrived the next day. I emailed at the end of the day on 29th August asking where the items were, I never receive a response. The items finally arrived on 2nd September much later than advertised. My son was very excited to open his new present. My husband followed set up guidance and my son tested the item in our driveway. After a short while the hover board stopped working completely on one side. My son was very upset. I contacted segbo by email the very same day of delivery to inform them. At this point I was willing to accept a replacement because that is what my son wanted. To cut a very long story short I was initially ignored, then told I had to take a video of the fault and send it to them to access. I heard nothing . I contacted them again and they informed me they were emailing a dpd label to return with instructions on how to return which included sending photos and a video on how we packaged the item. We never receive the label or instruction email, I had to contact them again. They then email the label and I find I have to travel 3 miles to drop the hover board off! I receive an email from dpd on 25th sept saying my item was handed over to segbo. I wait for one week before I contact segbo again to find out when I was receiving a refund. I was informed they were assessing it to see if it warrants being fixed or not. I said I wanted a refund. I then got an email saying I need to wait 14 days for assessment, I wait nearly 3 weeks with no word. I emailed and receive no reply. I formally ask for a refund with no reply using the format on citezens advice . I manage to then get hold of “customer support” on the phone and attempt to plead my case and explain that they have made this extremely difficult for me to obtain a refund and that I was seriously concerned because I had since looked at there Facebook page and noted scathing reviews from customers in the exact situation as me. He explains to me that those people were disgruntled because they were angry they never received a refund because there item was scratched when it came back which means it could not be resold. I couldn’t believe my ears. The items are faulty and not fit for purpose. Weather of not here is a scratch on the item bares no relevance, plus the scratches on the reviews actually came from the cart attachment! This has nothing to do with my order as he claimed to have no details on my “assessment “ by assured me that I would receive an email within 24 hours. I informed them by email and on the phone of my sons health issues and thatbheybhad made this so very difficult for me at already stressful time. That was 7 days ago. I have emailed them them almost everyday since then to have finally received a reply today saying they will give me a partial refund because the board has a scratch on it! How we can scratch an item within 30 minutes of open it is beyond me and the fact that this item is not fit for purpose means nothing to them. They have informed me that the free cart that came with the purchase of the board needs to be returned before they will issue me a partial refund. The whole situation is ludicrous. I have no faith that I will receive any kind of refund if I send back the cart. Segbo have clearly been getting away with this for a long time. Everyone needs to stay away from these con artists. My son had lost all of his birthday money which he really doesn’t deserve. I really was devastated for my son last week with Christmas coming up and not being able to afford to simple go and buy another one. You can imagine as a parent you just want to see your children happy. I have even more reason to keep my son happy. My son has been battling a brain tumour since the age of 18 months old. In December, just before Christmas we were told it is likely the time has come to remove he tumour which obviously can have serious affects. As a family we vowed to give him the best year of his life and make lots of memories. It broke my heart to tell him was wasn’t able to get he hover board back. Since then last week my sister surprised my son and I with a new board from a reputable company to try and rectify the situation. While this an absolutely selfless act I am now wracked with guilt and want to be able to give my sister the money back. Can anyone advise me on how much further I can take this and by sharing far and wide. Please make this go as far as possible. Thank you for taking the time to read 😢
Fantastic Christmas present! My son was over the moon and hasn't stopped telling anyone and everyone about it.
Brilliant service arrived within 2days of ordering and my Grandaughter absolutely loves it. Got free extras with it being a go cart and other items so a fab buy. Would definitely purchase from you again 5star
Amazing quick an efficient service! Can’t believe how quick delivery was as I’m not in mainland UK. Updated regularly with my delivery too which was great. Ordered ahead of a potential Christmas rush and supply chain issues. So pleased I did! Thank you. I’m going to have one happy boy on Christmas Day.
Great service
Segbo went above and beyond from the moment I messaged them to get my daughter a board and kart. Customer service was amazing and cant thank the staff enough
I am leaving this review because Segbo sent me an automated email giving me the opportunity to WIN MY MONEY BACK by leaving a customer review. I will keep my fingers crossed and hope that we win a new Segbo in the competition draw to replace the faulty one, my daughter was so upset when it stopped working. I am so disappointed with the lack of after-sales support from this company. I purchased a Hoverboard and Kart for my 9-year-old Daughter for Christmas in November 2019. It broke in March 2020. The Segbo Support Team responded to my first message and advised me to carry out a master reset which I tried but unfortunately, it didn't rectify the problem. I sent a video of the fault to Segbo but they said they couldn't play my video attachment. Segbo sent me a link to upload my video via wetransfer.com. I uploaded the video and was sent an automated email response from transfer.com informing me that they would email me as soon as Segbo had downloaded the video file. They also said that the video file would only be stored for 7 days, Segbo did not download the video. I sent further messages to Segbo and they replied once more stating that they require the customer to email either a video or images that demonstrate the issue that has been reported. Without this, they won’t be able to move forward and resolve the issue. I uploaded the video again to wetransfer.com but Segbo did not download it for a second time and are now ignoring all my emails. I have just noticed further down it says 'Would you like to add photos or videos? Strengthen your review by uploading photos & videos.' Ironically there is no option to add photos or videos at any point in the review process. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 came into force on 1 October 2015. The First Six Months:- If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise. During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was. If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction if you wish to keep the product. The retailer can't make any deductions from your refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.
Do not buy off this company . Had a Segway for Christmas . When she went to use it it wouldn’t work properly . I had to pay 20 pounds to send it back . They said they fixed it . When we received it it was still broken . Then when I sent it back again they said it was water damaged but it hadn’t even been rode on as it was broke so it was stored in box in car until I sent back . They ever eventually said they would fix it . We are now in April , nearly six months down the line and we received it back few days ago. To our shock we opened the box and it was in pieces . Bits missing etc. No way damage could of been done in transit . Been trying to contact since through email and have had no reply . I told them months ago I needed this fixed as my child is autistic and Doesn’t understand why they can’t use there Segway and it keeps arriving and being taken away again . This has caused so much distress to my kids with their special needs . I m 300 pounds down and they haven’t been able to have one days use . Really has caused me so much stress .
We still haven’t had our Segway back after months.
Do not order from this company what so ever!!! I ordered a segbo for my daughters birthday and deliberately chose this company as it was guaranteed next day, yet took a week! They advised me my order was delivered although it was not. 4 weeks now and still no item! You cannot speak to anyone and they are so unhelpful by email its a waste of time. They took my money, have no empathy and insist i have the item even though it was not signed for! No item, no refund, absolutely poor organisation and will be seeking legal advice to claim my money back!! 👎🏼
Hi....I have had issues with this scooter for 2 months now....I've been in contact with your company asking for video footage?????WHY....I know the electrics are at fault with not holding charge....I need your courier to come and pick the scooter up fo repair...simple as....its under warranty until july 2020....
DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY.... SERIOUSLY!!! I never write reviews and also never read reviews before I purchase from a company (stupid I know) but I need to advise others against our stress and upset buying from this mickey mouse company. Long story short, very short... Ordered back in September for a xmas present still havent received but with about 6 promises from Segbo over the last nearly 12 weeks that it will be here next week, then the next, then the next and with out fail... the next! Still not here! We've had to cancel the order now (which isn't going smoothly) and re order elsewhere. The only thing I can thanks this company for is that they have made us swear to god that we will read reviews in future for any purchases we make. People don't leave bad reviews because they are bored, they leave bad reviews to warn others. AVOID, or I can guarentee you'll be writing a bad review in a few weeks time
Please think twice before using this company. There are a lot of bad reviews on here and I foolishly ignored them. Ordered hoverboard, arrived and was faulty out of the box. Contacted to organise return and first encounter was to justify that I should not have to pay for return. Advised I wanted a new unit, not repair as it was unused, ended up waiting over a month to get same product back again. 15 minutes out of box broke again and was overheating to the point we were concerned it might blow up. Returned again asking for refund, waited over a month again only for them to refuse. Finally agreed but this was possibly my worst consumer experience ever! Steer clear.
Please find the time to read this if you are palnning to buy a from this company. Below is a review I wrote about 4 months ago and suprise suprise i still have't had my issue resolved. They don't answer your questions and have no customer care. Please don't every purchase anything from this company and go to a shop where you can have a grown up conversation. Firstly your luck to get 1 star as there no option to give you a minus, this is not a rant from an unstable customer, just a disappointed one. Well here goes. Purchased the hoverboard in December, but even though I could prove I had paid for it on my credit card, Segbo denied receiving the payment. I produced bank transaction, but still you denied it. After a week of phone calls and emails that would never replied to, I finally got somewhere when you admitted it was an error on your computer and I had in fact purchased the hoverboard. Wow thanks for telling me something I already knew. Fast forward 6 months and the hoverboard developer's some problems. I contact you and you ask me to send it back as the board is still under warranty, which cost me £17.99 by having to purchase your collection package. After I purchase the package you send me another email saying the chassis wasn't covered, even though i had to point out on my email "warranty cover which is on your website stats" “Our warranty covers all the electrical components and parts inside your hoverboard”, I even pasted the whole warranty statement in case you have misplaced it in your office. I have pointed out the section that mentions parts inside the hoverboard, if the chassis has split then it covered as it’s inside the hoverboard", not rocket science here guys. As usual to this email, I again had no reply. So hoverboard sent off, I them receive a message from DPD saying the hoverboard is coming back to me, yet no email to say what you fixed, and when the board arrived, there is a engineers check sheet in the box with absolutely no information regarding what repairs were done. To say this is the worst customer service I have ever received from a company I have purchased something from is an understatement. It's a real shame as my boy loves the hoverboard. Please don't every darken my door again with you products as I will definitely never purchase anything from your company again. p.s you still have my email address so it would be nice if you could tell me what you did to the hoverboard
I was treated horribly. My scooter came broken and I was wanting to try it out and when I was going to send it back because it was broken they wouldnt and I sent it away to be fixed and they wouldnt even fix it. I don't reccomend this website at all.
Looks a great piece of kit - until it breaks immediately and then being sent back twice and charged for doing so even though it’s not our fault. The go cart part is poor and doesn’t work. I have one sad little girl and no one should by this now as everyone says the same - dreadful shame
Had to send back for repair 5 times all the same reason then they wanted to charge me £40 for the pleasure so now got a board that dosnt work, and a 7 year old who saved her Christmas and birthday money that has nothing to show for it very very poor customer service would keep away from here
SEGBO is rated 4.14 based on 448 reviews