Rohan Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Rohan

About Rohan: Rohan is a much loved and iconic British travel and outdoor clothing brand with a heritage spanning more than four decades. Established by two outdoor enthusiasts in North Yorkshire in 1972, Rohan set out to challenge the status quo. With five founding principles that clothing should always be protective, lightweight, packable, versatile and easy-care, Rohan radically re-thought the way people dressed for the outdoors.

post@rohan.co.uk

30 Maryland Road
Tongwell
Milton Keynes
MK15 8HN

How would you rate Rohan?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Verified Reviewer
"Top quality products and great service, nothing is to much trouble for them."
Dr Pyper
"I work as a Volunteer Doctor/Dentist in Gambia Rohan gear is amazing, I use the “T”’s as overalls and they get washed daily I have been to Formal “Do’s” at Ambassadors Houses fully dressed in Rohan down to underwear Shorts are great and even had my bags cut down to 3/4 shorts like Bermudas for more wear in this Country. My son lives in Finland so going from 37/45 degrees to minus 20’s is a challenge but Rohan does it with their range Mind you I am an old fan and have 2 original “goas” still good for relaxing as the colours were great"
"Excellent clothing and accessories both men's and women's. Looks stylish, love the fit, retains shape, easy wash and dry, lasts for a long long time. Staff in the Durham shop are great as are customers services. No quibble if there is a genuine problem. Would recommend to anyone. We wish we had found you earlier in our life."
"excellent clothes and service"
Barbara Aspin
Verified Reviewer
"At last we have a company who realises that not everyone is 5'8" how wonderful to find trousers that are long enough ."
Justin Nichol
Verified Reviewer
"Dear Rohan, very sad to say I had to retire a pair of Jungle Cargos and On-Route trousers today after 20yrs of use. They had been on hundreds of walks, camping expeditions, holidays and regularly worn for work. Probably one of my most comfortable trousers with added practicality of secure pockets; always useful when outdoors. Rohan clothing maybe abit more £ new but is comparable to other quality outdoor clothing and has outlasted all the top brands I’ve owned! Thanks Rohan for the last 20yrs of clothing support."
"excellent clothing for all situations, particularly travel but all day also. Their roamers in particular are wonderfully comfortable and serviceable. quality of everything they sell is second to none and website just great. I use Rohan products when I need to buy a gift also and always well received for quality and style."
"Excellent quality and design - great to wear!!!!"
"Unusual but I had a problem with a defect on my winter waterproof gloves which was resolved by ROHAN replacing the gloves without cost to me. I had not retained the receipt but felt that as the gloves were hardly used it warranted a complaint. Rohan revealed that the purchase was made in 2010 but still gave me a replacement. If I had realised the date I would not have approached Rohan with a complaint. All credit to Rohan for their exceptional customer service. I have been a customer of Rohan for at least 25yrs and have always found their products to be durable, practical and fit for purpose."
"After trying other brands of outdoor clothing and experiencing disappointment through over hyped claims I decided to give Rohan a try.Everything performs as stated, I am particularly impressed in the true multifunctionality of their garments, whether cycling, walking or casual, they perform suburbly in all seasons. Their waterproofs are excellent, with high quality materials and built to withstand the rigours of outdoor pursuits. I love the shirts perfect fit and excellent fabrics infact I have not had any issues with sizing with any of their products. The ordering via the website is always a straightforward process with free delivery to my local Store in Milton Keynes, where the staff are always friendly and helpful. Thanks Rohan for making brilliant garments!"
"Excellent helpful staff for over at least 20 years, and I still have wearable Rohan clothing bought many years ago (and it still fits) ! I would buy more often if it were a bit less expensive. In terms of your marketing strategy, maybe you need to widen your customer base to include older people who would apreciate your quality but may be are not "outdoor" people? My latest buy at aged 80, are your insulated blue denim jeans which are just ideal for both warmth and smartness. One other slight negative are the rather drab range of colours, sadly all to common to many mens retailers. A response from you would be apreciated if at all possible."
Lesley Buchan
Unverified Reviewer
"Products are of excellent quality. Love the Winter Bags, Hometown trousers, Malay Dress. Malmö Jacket. And lots more. Customer service in Newcastle branch is excellent. Friendly. My only negative comment, please could we have more feminine colours."
"Very good easy to use website. Thanks."
"Very pleased with the quality and delivery service."
David Gill At Gilldglg@aol.com .
Verified Reviewer
"Voucher system just does not work - previous one £40 apparently just has expired (twelve month time limit in smallest of print - very nice indeed, how pleasant to find this out when trying to buy online), as a gift... Current one (£50, purchased by my wife about a month ago), just tried to buy jacket in the sale - mysteriously, the £50 amount showed, then instantaneously disappeared. Now `locked/expired`.... The poorest and most cynical way of gouging money from customers given as `gift`. The `gift that just keeps on giving` - to Rohan. Do not buy vouchers. A long standing and now angry customer - David Gill at gilldglg@aol.com ."
Sorry to hear you've had problems with our gift cards. If you'd like to contact our Customer Service team they will be able to help resolve any issues. You can email them on post@rohan.co.uk.
"Happy with the quality overall, but care is needed with sizing, in particular mens trousers. Happy to buy at the right price, sales are good value!"
"Rohan's merchandise and service has never let me down during all the many years as a regular costumer.It's really great all round."
"always good quality - still wearing some items after 20 years."
Steve - Wimbledon
Unverified Reviewer
"I have been buying Rohan clothing since they started; Bags were about £16 a pair! My most recent purchase is a Dry Delta jacket. Whilst I like it, I think Rohan may be losing their way in terms of functionality. For instance, the adjustable cuffs are not adjustable; they are either buttoned small or unbuttoned. In the past they would have had velcro so that they could be adjusted properly. Another example would be the Wind Shadow jacket. I have the first version where the adjustable cuff tabs are made from the same fabric as the rest of the jacket. In the new version the tabs are made from what feels like a plastic material. My nephew has one and the tab has snapped. He uses the jacket as a spring/autumn jacket and has it packed in his back pack. Whilst I love Rohan clothing for its longevity and quality, I feel they may be straying away from their original functionality ethos."
Mike Constance
Verified Reviewer
"can you imagine many other companies that you call them, a nice lady rings around the stores hoping to find for me an item that's out of stock to add to my 25 other rohan garments, finds one, call me back, it's posted the same day! Thats great customer sevice, from a great company, (and I worked in retail for 25 years) well done!"
Verified Reviewer
"Top quality products and great service, nothing is to much trouble for them."
Linda Taylor
"Rohan travel clothing is an excellent firm to deal with, either in their shops or on line. The staff 'go the extra mile' to find the right size or colour of garment."
"I've been purchasing clothes from Rohan almost from its inception. I've still got some Mao-like shirt-jackets from that era, although now I'm larger and also too self-conscious to wear them! I agree with other reviewers about the efficiency of the company, the helpfulness of staff and the durability of the products. However, for me the real selling points are the comfort and convenience of the products and the security offered while travelling as a result of the numerous zipped and secure pockets and in-pocket D-loops for attaching things. I do have some `full-on' clothing for outdoor activities including professional fieldwork in both summer and winter and the everyday exercise of the dog in all weathers. However, the special niche that Rohan seems to have carved for themselves is in the smart-casual domain. its various styles of suits, jackets and matching shirts are especially appropriate if on your travels you want subliminally to elicit favourable responses in places such as busy airports. (On the background to this sort of thing see the classic study by Erving Goffman--I can't resist offering the odd footnote or two!) The same kit also works well in the conference hall--with a pocket dedicated to one's presenter and laser pointer! Similarly, a small camera can be accommodated when visiting galleries and museums, possibly along with a hardback notebook in yet another pocket. Rohan also seems to offer items that never to make it their permanent catalogue such as their one-time Baltic coat or very useful accessories such as the utterly simple unisex lightweight black scarf. This is immensely useful in all sorts of contexts and climates but especially for women travelling in Islamic areas of the world. One has to judge when it will be necessary to grab this sort of item on the assumption that it's only going to be there fleetingly."
Rohan is rated 4.77 based on 1,250 reviews