Riverside Reviews

of reviewers recommend Riverside
customer service
Read Riverside Reviews

About Riverside:

The Riverside Garden Centre has been established since 1997 and is owned and run by Russell and Jo Jeffery who take a very hands-on approach to every aspect of the business. They are always on hand to help and give advice.

Having moved away from being a more traditional garden centre over recent years and evolved into a modern outdoor living destination, Riverside now focuses more on quality and style than it ever did before.

LARGEST WEBER® WORLD BBQ SHOWROOM

Officially the UK's largest Weber® World Barbecue showroom Riverside stocks and displays every Weber® barbecue and accessory available from the small, portable charcoal models, the award winning Q™ range as well as the famous charcoal kettles and outstanding gas barbecues. As a World Store Riverside also stocks a number of exclusive barbecues and accessories not found in regular Weber® stores or outlets.

TRAEGER GRILLS

With the popularity of barbecuing and outdoor smoking growing at a phenomenal rate Riverside has become the 'go to' place for Traeger grills, pellets and accessories. Easier to use than a traditional barbecue a Traeger grill controls the cooking temperature for you and produces perfectly smoked food every time.

FURNITURE SHOWROOMS

Riverside likes to do things big and that includes their furniture ranges too.

With three large fully furnished showrooms bursting with big names including 4 Seasons Outdoor and Alexander Rose Riverside again offers the largest displays of both prestige brands anywhere to be seen in the UK. Be it dining, lounge or modular, virtually every product and set is on display and in stock at the Hertfordshire premises.

SILK PLANTS AND ARTIFICIAL WALL COVERING

To complement the furniture and outdoor living themes Riverside also specialise in high quality artificial plants and trees as well as UV protected foliage-covered screening panels. Particularly popular with interior designers, hotel chains and zoos Riverside's silks plants and wall panels have developed a good reputation both corporately and domestically.

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Everybody naturally will say good things about their own business but with 7-day-a-week opening and a fresh easy-to-use website Riverside happily encourage anyone to take a look round both in-store or online to see for themselves just how good Riverside is.

01992 514778

sales@riversidegardencentre.co.uk

Riverside Garden Centre, Lower Hatfield Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8XX

Tell us how Riverside made you happy
Very poor customer service.
DPD let you down! Very little communication. Ended up with no purchases and charged £10 for no delivery!
Good customer service
bought an expense spare part for Weber bbq. Now getting spam emails
The product was displayed on the website as in stock when actually it wasn't. I paid for the bbq and was expecting next day delivery, and have now been informed (a day later) that in fact even though the money came out of my account. The lady on the phone who informed me was not apologetic at all.
Ordered a BBQ that was meant to be delivered on a Saturday but was called into work which meant I had to ask for it to be delivered to a local shop on a Sunday. When I went to collect only half the order was available, phoned riverside and was told that it would be delivered the next day as the order had been split up, took the day off work and when nothing arrived by 13:00 I rang back and was told that nothing would be delivered until the day after AGAIN. Was frequently asked if I could leave it with a neighbour, can't do that because it's a BBQ and pretty big, also repeatedly asked if there was anywhere I could leave a 57cm webber BBQ until I came in from work. Asked to get a refund and told that it would be about a week until I could get the money back, so had to take yet another day off work, which meant I would have to work weekend to make the two days back that were wasted because someone there told me it would be delivered the day after requested. Completely unhelpful and incredibly frustrated with the service. Item hasn't arrived yet 5 days after order, fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow.
Next day delivery ended up being 3 days later. I actually wanted to return my item but the customer service was appalling and they basically said I couldn't. Will not shop from here again.
I telephoned to discuss that fact that the Weber wasn’t reaching high temperatures,I suggested it could be the regulator,however I got no helpful information
Product is great but currently stuck in our garage as we are unable to move it. was delivered still on its pallet by someone who said 2 of us should be able to move it as it needs to be in the back garden. No chance given the weight! When we phoned and asked, just told that it was in the T&C that it was kerbside delivery only. Yet our neighbours who ordered the same base from you and recommended you had theirs delivered to their rear decking. So don’t order from here if you don’t have a team of sturdy people to carry it to where it needs to go.
I ordered a BBQ for Father’s Day. It was due on the Friday before. The delivery was delayed and I was informed on Saturday afternoon that it wouldn’t come until Monday. So we had to cancel our plans for a family BBQ and rush out to find an alternative present. I’m still waiting for a refund on a product that we never got. This is the worst experience I’ve had with a retailer in a long time.
Bit plastic looking - I returned this product.
Everything was fine until the delivery driver left my parcel on the front door step in the pouring rain and it got stolen. Riverside refuses to replace the item as apparently I’d asked for it to be left there!?!?
my order was not delivered after two attempts after the excuse that the hotel did not have any employees present to receive it!! after speaking to customer service, my order was cancelled instead of attempting a third time and i was charged for the delivery. very disappointing.
Mistake when picking my order, I received 2 chimney starters and no barbecue. After sending photos of their mistake via email as proof, they arranged delivery of the barbecue and collection of the surplus item on an arranged day; waited in all day and nothing showed up, I was told the delivery was arranged too late and would in fact be delivered the following day, for which I had to make further arrangements to be in for. Poor customer service from start to finish.
My whole experience with riverside has been awful! I didn’t even receive my bbq, after paying for it & having a confirmed delivery date!! Customer service was absolutely horrific! So I’m now left with no bbq and still waiting on a refund! Avoid at all costs!
Awful customer service who don't even reply to complaints. It does not take much to read and reply to an email. Avoid. They do not take care of their customers at all.
Don’t believe the delivery promise, this was a big disappointment for me. Supposedly their system will recognize and make you aware where next day delivery is not available. This didn’t work for me and my delivery was late. When challenged I got a not very sincere apology and a couldn’t care less attitude. I won’t be a customer again.
Ordered in the afternoon and arrived the following morning
I purchased this as part of my Son's Christmas present, but it ha snot arrived? Please explain.
Sent me spam after I ordered from them. Won’t buy from them again.
Riverside is rated 4.87 based on 6,426 reviews