Riverside Reviews

of reviewers recommend Riverside
customer service
Read Riverside Reviews

About Riverside:

The Riverside Garden Centre has been established since 1997 and is owned and run by Russell and Jo Jeffery who take a very hands-on approach to every aspect of the business. They are always on hand to help and give advice.

Having moved away from being a more traditional garden centre over recent years and evolved into a modern outdoor living destination, Riverside now focuses more on quality and style than it ever did before.

LARGEST WEBER® WORLD BBQ SHOWROOM

Officially the UK's largest Weber® World Barbecue showroom Riverside stocks and displays every Weber® barbecue and accessory available from the small, portable charcoal models, the award winning Q™ range as well as the famous charcoal kettles and outstanding gas barbecues. As a World Store Riverside also stocks a number of exclusive barbecues and accessories not found in regular Weber® stores or outlets.

TRAEGER GRILLS

With the popularity of barbecuing and outdoor smoking growing at a phenomenal rate Riverside has become the 'go to' place for Traeger grills, pellets and accessories. Easier to use than a traditional barbecue a Traeger grill controls the cooking temperature for you and produces perfectly smoked food every time.

FURNITURE SHOWROOMS

Riverside likes to do things big and that includes their furniture ranges too.

With three large fully furnished showrooms bursting with big names including 4 Seasons Outdoor and Alexander Rose Riverside again offers the largest displays of both prestige brands anywhere to be seen in the UK. Be it dining, lounge or modular, virtually every product and set is on display and in stock at the Hertfordshire premises.

SILK PLANTS AND ARTIFICIAL WALL COVERING

To complement the furniture and outdoor living themes Riverside also specialise in high quality artificial plants and trees as well as UV protected foliage-covered screening panels. Particularly popular with interior designers, hotel chains and zoos Riverside's silks plants and wall panels have developed a good reputation both corporately and domestically.

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Everybody naturally will say good things about their own business but with 7-day-a-week opening and a fresh easy-to-use website Riverside happily encourage anyone to take a look round both in-store or online to see for themselves just how good Riverside is.

01992 514778

sales@riversidegardencentre.co.uk

Riverside Garden Centre, Lower Hatfield Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8XX

Tell us how Riverside made you happy
Only deliver on the curb side? Whats the point of that? Other companies deliver to your home. Especially if it is a heavy BBQ. Cancelled my order
Hi Russel Extremely disappointed order q1200 BBQ on Saturday before 0900hrs, for Sunday delivery, Only to find out on Sunday morning will not be delivered until Monday due to mistake at your end . Await your reply, Regards J Sadler
Don’t believe the delivery promise, this was a big disappointment for me. Supposedly their system will recognize and make you aware where next day delivery is not available. This didn’t work for me and my delivery was late. When challenged I got a not very sincere apology and a couldn’t care less attitude. I won’t be a customer again.
Best advice I've found on the merits of the different Weber model types (other sites and shops were confusing about specifications and thus prices - it would be easy to think on the other sites you were getting a good deal when you were not). Comprehensive range of stock, very competitive prices and efficient, quick delivery. I'm highly delighted with my Weber, it was very carefully packaged and beautifully, robustly made.
Excellent service, Riverside web site is very user friendly and delivery spot on. I have already purchased more products.
Delivery nightmare!!! First time buying from Riverside and never again! I bought a Weber BBQ and they were supposed to deliver it on Saturday. Got an e-mail and text with a time slot for Sat – delivery never arrived and did not hear from them either. I stayed home the whole day, not even a text saying “they ran out of delivery time”. I called Riverside to complain on Sunday, after a while I was told if I was not happy, I could cancel my order. They promised to sort it out on Monday. I got an e-mail Monday morning saying the item was going to be delivered on Monday, which never happened. Again! I contacted them on Tuesday, to be told they tried to deliver the item but there was no one home. I was never told they would come on Tuesday. I am afraid to say there is something very wrong with Riverside delivery policy. I decided to cancel my order and buy one from good old John Lewis who always matches any price and deals. If this is how Riverside treats their customers, I doubt they will have many customers left.
We can only apologise that you did not get the delivery on the allocated time. As a company, we try our best to ensure all our deliveries are made on the promised day. We've delivered over 4500 parcels via DPD on Saturday and it is very unfortunate that they were unable to deliver two items that day, one of them being yours. Once again we can only apologise that on this occasion the delivery was not made on the allocated day.
I purchased a new weber spirit original barbecue on Sunday April 14th and ran into problems post set up. The gas didn't flow properly through a faulty regulator on the bottle, a partially full bottle of gas and some slippage on the knobs. It was difficult to pin down the exact issue. Russell came onto to me when he found out I had an issue and we discussed in detail how to tackle and isolate the issue. He quickly sent me an new regulator and we discussed how to eliminate the problems. He cares about his reputation and genuinely believes in his products. He wants customers to have a good experience. He was extremely professional and dealt with the situation well. I was very frusturated as I knew I put it together correctly but couldn't pin the issues down. All in all ended well. Thanks again Russell for quality customer service and understanding.
RIVERSIDE- I paid extra to have next day delivery, you stated that orders before 3pm would get next day delivery. Nowhere did it state this only applied to Monday - Saturday, Sundays it had to be before 11am. I telephoned to complain because I knew we would not be at home on the Tuesday to take delivery I had to ask for delivery on the Wednesday and I asked for a refund of the extra money I had paid for next day. To date no refund has been made to my Paypal account even though the lad I spoke to assured me it would. Perhaps you could tell me why this has not been made. Can I suggest that you advertise the fact that orders by 3 pm does not apply to Sundays. My e-mail is gilick3@hotmail.co.uk
When it goes wrong, boy does it go wrong! I didn't get my delivery, but no refund was forthcoming! Shocking!
Item ordered arrived in poor condition - advised customer services, poor communication and then awful customer service/attitude when I tried to get an update. The first and LAST time I use Riverside!
Excellent delivery of my new Weber gas BBQ today. Delivery driver brought it up my path and through my garden door. As it was too big and wrapped on a pallet, he cut the plastic wrapping off and took the palette off so as to pass it smoothly through the door and asked me where I wanted it placed as it would be heavy to move later on. Made sure I had all my bits and pieces from inside like receipt, cover, vouchers etc. So pleased, with his kindness and courtesy, especially as Im on my own. Big Thankyou!
We bought a Weber BBQ last year when we received great advice from Riverside. I recently attended a cooking experience at Riverside where we were taught how to properly "drive" the BBQ with great tips and hands on experience. Well done to all involved.
Riverside is rated 4.87 based on 6,212 reviews