Riverside Reviews

of reviewers recommend Riverside
Read Riverside Reviews

About Riverside:

The Riverside Garden Centre has been established since 1997 and is owned and run by Russell and Jo Jeffery who take a very hands-on approach to every aspect of the business. They are always on hand to help and give advice.

Having moved away from being a more traditional garden centre over recent years and evolved into a modern outdoor living destination, Riverside now focuses more on quality and style than it ever did before.

LARGEST WEBER® WORLD BBQ SHOWROOM

Officially the UK's largest Weber® World Barbecue showroom Riverside stocks and displays every Weber® barbecue and accessory available from the small, portable charcoal models, the award winning Q™ range as well as the famous charcoal kettles and outstanding gas barbecues. As a World Store Riverside also stocks a number of exclusive barbecues and accessories not found in regular Weber® stores or outlets.

TRAEGER GRILLS

With the popularity of barbecuing and outdoor smoking growing at a phenomenal rate Riverside has become the 'go to' place for Traeger grills, pellets and accessories. Easier to use than a traditional barbecue a Traeger grill controls the cooking temperature for you and produces perfectly smoked food every time.

FURNITURE SHOWROOMS

Riverside likes to do things big and that includes their furniture ranges too.

With three large fully furnished showrooms bursting with big names including 4 Seasons Outdoor and Alexander Rose Riverside again offers the largest displays of both prestige brands anywhere to be seen in the UK. Be it dining, lounge or modular, virtually every product and set is on display and in stock at the Hertfordshire premises.

SILK PLANTS AND ARTIFICIAL WALL COVERING

To complement the furniture and outdoor living themes Riverside also specialise in high quality artificial plants and trees as well as UV protected foliage-covered screening panels. Particularly popular with interior designers, hotel chains and zoos Riverside's silks plants and wall panels have developed a good reputation both corporately and domestically.

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Everybody naturally will say good things about their own business but with 7-day-a-week opening and a fresh easy-to-use website Riverside happily encourage anyone to take a look round both in-store or online to see for themselves just how good Riverside is.

01992 514778

sales@riversidegardencentre.co.uk

Riverside Garden Centre, Lower Hatfield Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8XX

Tell us how Riverside made you happy
Only deliver on the curb side?
Whats the point of that? Other companies deliver to your home. Especially if it is a heavy BBQ. Cancelled my order
Hi Russel
Extremely disappointed order q1200 BBQ on Saturday before 0900hrs, for Sunday delivery,
Only to find out on Sunday morning will not be delivered until Monday due to mistake at your end
. Await your reply,
Regards
J Sadler
I don't often write reviews, but fell on this occasion I must.
From inquiry to deliver Riverside were outstanding, kept me informed every step of the way.
Even the delivery driver was great, helped carry the table and chairs right into my garden.
Impressed - With the choice, stock held and the service.

As a new customer you never really know what to expect, you pays your money and you take your chances. My experience of Riverside was of a well thought through online experience, I received email updates, shipping updates and even an txt/sms message with a one hour delivery window.

Everything arrived well packed and even had a Weber magazine included. Then I noticed that one of the Weber GBS Skillet boxes had a rather odd rattle. I opened it and I had a very very broken Skillet, made of cast iron, the handle had been smashed off and the pan cracked, the Weber box was sealed and undamaged... I took a photo and emailed it to Riverside and I waited.

I received an automatic reply that we all dread "Due to the high volumes of sales and emails we will aim to get back to you within 72 hours". I resolved myself and set a 7 day reminder.

The following day waiting for me was proforma zero cost invoice and another delivery notice, this showed a company of value. No quibbles, no questions, no hurdles but a straight up fast as it could be replacement. Same service with a one hour delivery window. No drama.

I purchase a lot of Weber equipment (according to the wife) and the damaged skillet was definitely an outrider in my experience, but the service was nothing but an example of what an online experience should be.
Would never purchase from this Company again, they have had our last £.
Bamboo didn’t look like the photo and riverside would not collect too big and heavy for me to post back - terrible service
Ordered the wrong item in error. Informed Riverside of this before item was dispatched and was told that it was on a pallet and it would just have to be returned at my expense! So an item they knew would be returned and was still at their location travelled to N.Ireland only to be returned at my expense! They also issued instructions on how to return it which were incorrect. Customer service is shocking!
The business appears to be very interested in our money but not at all interested in sorting out problems - we ordered 2 chairs totalling £450 - one arrived broken and two week later still no resolution and staff very unhelpful verging on dismissive - apparently we are going to receive spare parts and have to repair ourselves. If I had wanted a flat pack chair I would have gone to IKEA and spent 20% of the price. We will not use Riverside again.
Have always only ever bought & recommended Riverside for BBQ needs. Never bought anywhere else.
Sadly last order went terribly wrong & customer service at Riverside was worse than poor. I recognise it’s difficult times but I don’t expect to be spoken too as I was or my calls ignored. If my future purchases aren’t required I’ll do what I am doing, going elsewhere. Product was perfect but then that’s Webbers achievement not Riverside.
We purchased our Weber Spirit from you on 27/04/2020.
On using it for the first time there was a obviously a problem so we called you for advice and left a message on the same number as I had left a message on when originally enquiringly about purchasing.
I am still awaiting your response to that message, which was left over a week ago, and whilst I accept these are unusual times, if you can manage to get back to sales calls within 24 hours, why can you not respond to after sales calls as quickly?
I have an expensive gas barbecue which was a birthday present from my wife which I am unable to use.
Please call me as a matter of urgency, within the next 48 hours, on 07801916000.
If I do not hear from you by then I will unfortunately be forced to invoke my rights under the Consumer Protection Act 2015 and reject the goods as faulty and demand a full refund and collection of the goods at your expense. Regards, Richard Nesbit.
I’ve only received one of the two items I ordered and I’m still waiting for a response to my email. The communication is very poor and definitely would not recommend this company.
Very good service in these difficult times. Ordered Weber BBQ & accessories on the Wednesday before Good Friday & used the 0% finance option. Rang Riverside for advice before placing order online. Was advised that goods wouldn't be received before the weekend as deliveries were taking longer due to the current pandemic. Was slightly disappointed but totally understood given the current situation. Was very surprised when the BBQ turned up on Friday morning! So order placed, finance sorted & dispatched in less than 24hrs. Very pleased. Thank you.
Very poor customer service.
Awful customer service who don't even reply to complaints. It does not take much to read and reply to an email. Avoid. They do not take care of their customers at all.
Don’t believe the delivery promise, this was a big disappointment for me. Supposedly their system will recognize and make you aware where next day delivery is not available. This didn’t work for me and my delivery was late. When challenged I got a not very sincere apology and a couldn’t care less attitude. I won’t be a customer again.
Best advice I've found on the merits of the different Weber model types (other sites and shops were confusing about specifications and thus prices - it would be easy to think on the other sites you were getting a good deal when you were not). Comprehensive range of stock, very competitive prices and efficient, quick delivery. I'm highly delighted with my Weber, it was very carefully packaged and beautifully, robustly made.
Excellent service, Riverside web site is very user friendly and delivery spot on. I have already purchased more products.
Delivery nightmare!!! First time buying from Riverside and never again!
I bought a Weber BBQ and they were supposed to deliver it on Saturday. Got an e-mail and text with a time slot for Sat – delivery never arrived and did not hear from them either. I stayed home the whole day, not even a text saying “they ran out of delivery time”. I called Riverside to complain on Sunday, after a while I was told if I was not happy, I could cancel my order. They promised to sort it out on Monday. I got an e-mail Monday morning saying the item was going to be delivered on Monday, which never happened. Again! I contacted them on Tuesday, to be told they tried to deliver the item but there was no one home. I was never told they would come on Tuesday. I am afraid to say there is something very wrong with Riverside delivery policy. I decided to cancel my order and buy one from good old John Lewis who always matches any price and deals. If this is how Riverside treats their customers, I doubt they will have many customers left.
We can only apologise that you did not get the delivery on the allocated time. As a company, we try our best to ensure all our deliveries are made on the promised day. We've delivered over 4500 parcels via DPD on Saturday and it is very unfortunate that they were unable to deliver two items that day, one of them being yours. Once again we can only apologise that on this occasion the delivery was not made on the allocated day.
I purchased a new weber spirit original barbecue on Sunday April 14th and ran into problems post set up. The gas didn't flow properly through a faulty regulator on the bottle, a partially full bottle of gas and some slippage on the knobs. It was difficult to pin down the exact issue. Russell came onto to me when he found out I had an issue and we discussed in detail how to tackle and isolate the issue. He quickly sent me an new regulator and we discussed how to eliminate the problems. He cares about his reputation and genuinely believes in his products. He wants customers to have a good experience. He was extremely professional and dealt with the situation well. I was very frusturated as I knew I put it together correctly but couldn't pin the issues down. All in all ended well. Thanks again Russell for quality customer service and understanding.
RIVERSIDE- I paid extra to have next day delivery, you stated that orders before 3pm would get next day delivery. Nowhere did it state this only applied to Monday - Saturday, Sundays it had to be before 11am. I telephoned to complain because I knew we would not be at home on the Tuesday to take delivery I had to ask for delivery on the Wednesday and I asked for a refund of the extra money I had paid for next day. To date no refund has been made to my Paypal account even though the lad I spoke to assured me it would. Perhaps you could tell me why this has not been made. Can I suggest that you advertise the fact that orders by 3 pm does not apply to Sundays. My e-mail is gilick3@hotmail.co.uk
Riverside is rated 4.87 based on 10,670 reviews