Riverside Reviews

of reviewers recommend Riverside
customer service
Read Riverside Reviews

About Riverside:

The Riverside Garden Centre has been established since 1997 and is owned and run by Russell and Jo Jeffery who take a very hands-on approach to every aspect of the business. They are always on hand to help and give advice.

Having moved away from being a more traditional garden centre over recent years and evolved into a modern outdoor living destination, Riverside now focuses more on quality and style than it ever did before.

LARGEST WEBER® WORLD BBQ SHOWROOM

Officially the UK's largest Weber® World Barbecue showroom Riverside stocks and displays every Weber® barbecue and accessory available from the small, portable charcoal models, the award winning Q™ range as well as the famous charcoal kettles and outstanding gas barbecues. As a World Store Riverside also stocks a number of exclusive barbecues and accessories not found in regular Weber® stores or outlets.

TRAEGER GRILLS

With the popularity of barbecuing and outdoor smoking growing at a phenomenal rate Riverside has become the 'go to' place for Traeger grills, pellets and accessories. Easier to use than a traditional barbecue a Traeger grill controls the cooking temperature for you and produces perfectly smoked food every time.

FURNITURE SHOWROOMS

Riverside likes to do things big and that includes their furniture ranges too.

With three large fully furnished showrooms bursting with big names including 4 Seasons Outdoor and Alexander Rose Riverside again offers the largest displays of both prestige brands anywhere to be seen in the UK. Be it dining, lounge or modular, virtually every product and set is on display and in stock at the Hertfordshire premises.

SILK PLANTS AND ARTIFICIAL WALL COVERING

To complement the furniture and outdoor living themes Riverside also specialise in high quality artificial plants and trees as well as UV protected foliage-covered screening panels. Particularly popular with interior designers, hotel chains and zoos Riverside's silks plants and wall panels have developed a good reputation both corporately and domestically.

SEE FOR YOURSELF

Everybody naturally will say good things about their own business but with 7-day-a-week opening and a fresh easy-to-use website Riverside happily encourage anyone to take a look round both in-store or online to see for themselves just how good Riverside is.

01992 514778

sales@riversidegardencentre.co.uk

Riverside Garden Centre, Lower Hatfield Road, Hertford, Hertfordshire, SG13 8XX

Tell us how Riverside made you happy
Poor customer service in the end. DPD let your company down.
Great price for the barbecue. Best on the net. The fantastic customer service stopped as soon as the out sourced delivery company got involved. DPD woefully let you down, for a company that “specialises” in delivery they are s@#t. And when I rang Riverside to complain. “Sorry, nothing we can do, they’re the best of a bad bunch”. You’ll have to wait in again for a second date.
First package - stone was broken and had not included the cutter, phoned and was requested to send email with photo, they were very prompt and sent another one this time including the cutter, the packaging was much better the second time. Staff were helpful
Not received items to be able to give feedback
It’s the right size and shape but unfortunately it’s not made of a metal that works with a magnet. Therefore it’s pretty useless with my Webber probe.
Delivery was not on the day I specified. I told Riverside where to leave the package (in the garage). Your courier did NOT do this and did not deliver (saying I was not in!!!! - I already told you that). Your Courier service was poor and inadequate
The swing seat arrived with a canopy cover that was faulty. Also a piece of the framework was damaged. Contacted Riverside to rectify these matters but one month on nothing. Am going to have to chase them again.
Don't bother with the Master-Touch Premium, buy the cheaper version without the hinge. The hinge stops the lid from sealing properly, it lifts on the front edge and smoke pours out. The accessories are all as good as you'd expect.
Rude customer service regarding delivery, very unhelpful and no guidance given on purchase, which resulted in the wrong base for the parasol despite the base being the recommended one for the parasol I bought.
I ordered a parasol and base. Customer service very unhelpful with delivery especially concerning the 90kg base. The delivery driver however was helpful and helped to lift the base into my garden. On opening the base and parasol it was apparent that the base was wrong and did not match the parasol despite when ordering online it was advised that the base was recommended for the parasol I bought...
Hello there. While the phone service and advice was polite, sadly the advised part (flavorizing bars for my Weber E 310) were the wrong size despite a long and detailed conversation. Now trying to find a way to return. 🙁
Placed three seperate orders over £1250 delivered fast but if you have a complaint your told one thing one minute & another the next, promised refund then didn’t honour it, also my third order £500 dumped on my doorstep without signing for p good job I’m honest & it wasn’t stolen & wont be ordering again due to way my complaint has been handled !
Immediate service and delivery excellent but follow up after receiving faulty bench cushion,very poor. The promised replacement has yet to arrive !!
The service was fine but the packing of the smoker was poor- the extra items - wood blocks and spices were simply jammed into the Weber box and the plastic container of spice had burst open in transit leaving a total mess when the box was opened
Product is great ( e0210) Weber bbq however on the webpage not listed as a bulky delivery and didn’t find out til after dispatch it was going to be a curbside delivery. My curbside is 15m from my house.When I contacted riverside they really didn’t care and said it was in the t and c. I think it should show on the item listing if it is curbside, I never thought a bbq would be considered a bulky delivery.I was at the property on my own and it caused a lot of stress working out how to get a £350 bbq 15m on your own as a 60kg woman. Wouldn’t use company again based on customer service
I had 2 deliveries from you the first arrived next day as promised. The second should have arrived next day but took 3 days. I didn't receive any information to say that there would be a delay and my son stayed at the house all day on the day of the planned delivery. When I called your office the person dealing with it was not in so someone else took a message and I was promised a call back. No-one actually called back. This was very annoying. The packaging was quite poor. I ordered artificial screening and on both deliveries the tip of the screening had bent due to transport damage. Fortunately I was able to rectify this. The packaging box itself had more selotape around it than it did cardboard which made it very difficult to recycle.
I recently ordered a bbq on the Friday before the May bank holiday. I made a point of phoning riverside to check that because of the bank holiday next day meant that if I were to order on the Friday next day effectively meant Tuesday. I was laughed at and told yes. I booked a day of work for the Tuesday and the bbq didn’t turn up. I called riverside and they informed they didn’t actually hold the stock and it was coming directly from the supplier. I received no confirmation emails or text messages saying when it would be delivered. I took a second day off work at a cost of £700 and thankfully the bbq did arrive but cost me £700 more because of the day off. Riverside told me it was cause of the bank holiday even though I had made a point of phoning in the Friday to check and when I spoke to the delivery driver he said that’s nonsense as the suppliers delivery company work every day regardless of bank holidays. The BBQ it self is great but it the first and last time I will be ordering something for delivery. I’ve probably been unlucky but it’s not something I would chance wanting to happen again.
I bought a very expensive 6 burner Weber bbq, when delivered two wheels were immediately obvious as having been damaged. I managed to speak to someone from riverside and was advised to accept the delivery as damaged. When I later (after the schoolrun) opened the top of the bbz it was very badly damaged. The product has been collected but I am still awaiting contact about my reimbursement despite sveral emails.
Only has one tape to fasten the cover needs another. So not worth the money
Was contacted by a member of your team to inform me that my Weber had been built and ready for delivery A date was agreed, I took a day off work and about 2pm on the expected day of delivery i received a phone call to say it hadn’t been built yet !!!! When I challenged the lady she said it was human error-sorry not good enough
Riverside is rated 4.87 based on 6,212 reviews