R3 Data Recovery Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery Ltd
Read R3 Data Recovery Ltd Reviews

About R3 Data Recovery Ltd:

Data Recovery Company with full data recovery lab and expert engineers. VMWare XSAN RAID EMC IBM DELL HP StorageWorks Drobo Synology QNAP RAID 0,1,3,4,5,6,10,50 JBOD DFS VMFS NTFS HFS FAT EXT3/4

HDD SSD USB, Flash Memory. SAS SATA FC IDE SCSI SD CF iSCSI VMDK

R3 Team deliver successful recovery of data even when declared unrecoverable by other companies. Andy and the team at R3 help those told there is no hope. R3 are more rapid and have the highest success rates in the fields of UK data recovery.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Windsor St , ,,

Tell us how R3 Data Recovery Ltd made you happy
Alex Ma
"It started well, from contacting them, to sending the hard drive off and all through the recovery process, I was updated throughout and felt it was going well. I was then re-quoted for a mechanical fault. It was pricey and I spoke my concern of the success rate as I had a lot of stuff already backed up and was only after a select few files. However I was assured it was either 'all or nothing', so took the gamble. I then received the recovered list, and shortly after I received the invoice and then things started to go wrong. The recovery list is hard enough to go through as it is and there were a number of files that I either couldn't find on the list or didn't have a name. I then asked for help in locating / confirming the names of the files (as these may have been what I was after) and enquired if subsequent scans could improve the reading or help locate my missing files (I was willing to pay additional fees). What I got was complete disinterest and a feeling that after they recovered what they had, as far as they were concerned, their job was done. I tried to explain what needed to be looked for and was willing to spend as long as it took to 'help them, help me' and was informed by the person I spoke to that he would talk to the engineers about my request, but I got the feeling I was just becoming an inconvenience to them at this point. As a number of days had passed I thought it best to pay the invoice. With that, the drive was sent back to me with no update about my request and no response when I queried it. Unfortunately for me the gamble didn't pay off as it turns out the files that didn't have a name weren't the ones I was after and turned out that the files I was after and the majority of my personal files in general (pictures, etc) weren't recovered. What I did get, were only a handful of my personal files (and it was a small handful at that) and thousands upon thousands of folders in no specific order containing system or directory files that make up the various applications that were on the drive, which have 0 value to anyone. This may have made it look like a successful recovery by pushing the recovered percentage up, but in my case it really wasnt. I completely understand the terms and conditions of file recovery in that its not a guarantee and that the risk I took was my own which I accept and this review is mainly due to the customer after care. When being charged close to £700 to not be able to recover the files I was after and then not really caring when asking for help in finding them, even when willing to pay more, just felt like a slap in the face. I congratulate them for being able to access the drive at all, its further than anyone else may have got, its just a shame that in my case, it was a waste of both our time... and a very large hit on my wallet.
R3 Data Recovery Ltd 2 star review on 8th September 2017
Dear Sean I fully appreciate your point of view but let me say we have done the work asked of us and we were working on a situation which had been exacerbated by previous software recovery attempts which you would not have realised can exacerbate a failing drive. Do not interpret being busy as not caring. Your case has been processed as per your instructions and our procedures. Your original problem was actually a degrading drive, what became apparent was it was actually a weak head and damaged platter. The previous software recovery attempts you had carried out prior to sending it to us contributed to the damage to the file system. The quality of the recovery was actually very good, the issue is the folder structure was damaged as a result of the catalogue being in the area where the heads had landed. The effort and expense for both the company and charged to you was correct for the task. If we thought we could improve the results with more donors, or processing time we would. What we will do is prevent the image made in the recovery process from being wiped, we recheck the scan of the image to see if there are any other lost files, in particular pictures and general files you say were not recovered. I will follow up during the next week with the outcome of our investigation. Andy Butler R3 Data Recovery
The recovery was successful, however, the price seems to me that you realise you have most customers over a barrel, and take advantage of that. Thanks for the data, but not cool (and the sitting in a cupboard or whatever the description was doesn't wash). Get a grip of your pricing. X
R3 Data Recovery Ltd 2 star review on 28th March 2016
(Bradford) -
Dear Andy - I assure you that we do not work like that. The labs, its engineers and its support staff are focused on giving accurate pricing at the time of quoting. The £599+vat charged was for an emergency recovery of a failed Apple Mac Hitachi 2.5" which we received on a Tuesday and returned the recovered data the following Saturday. The price you paid was the price quoted at the outset. Andy
No happy ending for me. Very disappointed that not one photo could be recovered (not their fault) Didnt hear anything i had to call them to get an update twice. Extortionate cost to get memory stick back, their courier service is twice the price of royal mails special delivery. Not a happy customer and have definitely learnt a hard lesson - do not store photos on a memory stick just print them!
Dear Emily I am sorry you were not happy with the service. Unfortunately your particular NAND chip layout is yet to be solved. At some point in the future we will find the solution. We have 4 of the main NAND reading technologies and asked our colleagues around the UK if they have a solution yet. unfortunately we exhausted all avenues on your behalf on the no recovery no fee service. The £15+vat charge for return is our minimum invoice, we do offer to recycle unrecoverable sticks free of charge, but in this case it is worth keeping the stick for when a future solution comes available. We know of competitors who charge more than this, equally we know some who do use postal services but our policy is to use a tracked courier service. We do not send staff to the post office with parcels or packages except in rare circumstances and would still charge the £15+vat minimum invoice anyway. As one of the very busiest and most technically proficient labs we are fortunate to be increasing our workload month on month, we do recognise that there can be some communications issues as a result of such a scale of growth for a small company. We have in the last month taken new offices and moved out staff not needed in the lab to enable us to add more engineering capacity . Although you may have felt dissatisfied with the service we remain committed to offering the highest possible success rates to those who recognise the extra mile the lab and R3 engineers go to.
Unfortunately very little data was recovered, for a lot of expense, most files were still lost and inaccessible. Therefore very disappointed with the service. However the turn around was quick after payment had been made.
Hi Julia. Although £79+vat may appear expensive, we did our work diligently and for the price quoted. There are reviews of a competitor on trustpilot charged over £1200, we had quoted £99+vat upfront and £199+vat if useful data was recovered but the client believed the £97+vat price for the same type of work and results. We are a real data recovery operation, It is not a cheap enterprise. Unfortunately the amount of data written over your existing data was sufficient to obfuscate most files. But at least you know that the best effort was taken to try to help. I am sorry that you felt disappointed in the result. We did warn you.
Very poor communication throughout. Service very slow also.
Hi Richard It is with regret that you feel the communication was poor, and I have to admit in your case it has been a situation which should have been avoided but we were at full stretch at the time. Crucially despite your drive requiring a rebuild and taking up a lot of time in the data extraction phase, indicating it was a drive many labs would have abandoned in favour of easier / more profitable work. It was the sourcing of the correct donor which was the root cause of the issue. Eventually we tracked one down in the US and were able to continue with the recovery attempt. Despite our lab being one of the most productive and cost effective labs, it is only achieved by managing time and costs very carefully. In this situation we actually made a loss on your case having it tie up a recovery channel for over 3 weeks at a time when we were also engaged on very demanding cases as well as dozens of standard jobs. But what sets R3 apart is our willing ness to go the extra mile to get a recovery despite the demands it places on the engineers and lab resources. Think of it like this, many labs faced with your drive would have abandoned and some more unscrupulous types would just charge for the parts and not try to get a recovery. As it was we completed your case on the budget service at the price quoted, I hope you can appreciate in the real world of profit and loss what it means to stick to an agreement wherever possible. Again apologies for the lack of communication but our focus was always on recovery and that was successful. All the best Andy
R3 Data Recovery Ltd is rated 4.77 based on 176 reviews