R3 Data Recovery Ltd Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery Ltd

About R3 Data Recovery Ltd: Data Recovery Company with full data recovery lab and expert engineers. VMWare XSAN RAID EMC IBM DELL HP StorageWorks Drobo Synology QNAP RAID 0,1,3,4,5,6,10,50 JBOD DFS VMFS NTFS HFS FAT EXT3/4

HDD SSD USB, Flash Memory. SAS SATA FC IDE SCSI SD CF iSCSI VMDK

R3 Team deliver successful recovery of data even when declared unrecoverable by other companies. Andy and the team at R3 help those told there is no hope. R3 are more rapid and have the highest success rates in the fields of UK data recovery.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Windsor St

Telephone

How would you rate R3 Data Recovery Ltd ?

Karishma Mehta
"The service was amazing! I had a emergency and the computer stopped working and had some data on it I needed for an important exhibition! I was panicking and the customer service was amazing. They helped calmed me down, explained everything properly. Withing 24 hours, I had a courier service come an collect the hardrive, a draft of the files that would be recoverable immediately, and the files needed immediately within 24 hours. Throughout the process, I was updated and they even worked till late and on the weekend to get me my information! Within 2 days I had a hardrive full of everything recovered. Additionally the price was similar to other prices that gave time estimates of a few weeks. I was really impressed with the service and it saved my life!!"
Fabio Tomo
"Two day after the receipt of the package,they warn me that everything is recovered.Excellent.The best"
"On a Friday evening just after 6, at the start of a bank holiday weekend, 4hrs before my course deadline. I lost 4 weeks of work, 40pages, over 10k words all reduced to 8 pages due to a corrupt Word file. PANIC! Microsoft couldn't help, even with a remote desktop session. 1 email to Andy at R3 (he was the only one to get back to me so far as well), half an hour later, he has the file and is working on it! Within 2 hours he has saved my bacon. He couldn't save the whole document but, all of the text was saved. A few hours of editing and it was sorted on my end. Andy's friendliness, professionalism and general attitude was fantastic! I couldn't have hoped to get a response on a Friday night, I was very happily surprised. I can not recommend R3 Enough. Absolute legends!!"
Glad we could be of service Karishma and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our services

Hi Fabio
Many thanks for leaving a review. We were pleased we could help with your Seagate ST1000LM048 We are one of Europes very best data recovery companies and have a higher success rate than those found in Italy like Pronto Dati and Salvataggio Dati

Regards

Team R3 Data Recovery
Although technically just an unravelling of a damaged document to extract the undamaged content it was time critical and your quick
reactions and communications meant that my assistance helped you beat the deadline.

Having the built one of the best data recovery labs in Europe and a team of specialist technicians it is the combination of resources a specialist data recovery skills that makes R3 the highest success rate data recovery lab in the UK. R3 recover mostly data declared unrecoverable by other labs. That particular night the R3 team were nursing a drive declared unrecoverable anywhere in Europe. As you saw yourself our dedication to helping our clients in their hour of need
is our strength.

Glad to be of service.

Operations Director
R3 Data Recovery
"An absolutely amazing company, when I had lost all hope Andy worked away and managed to get my document back. Andy explained everything and was in contact from the moment he took my case on. This company is beyond professional and ensures recovery when no others can; they never give up. I can never repay Andy for all the hard work he put in to get the best results!! I would recommend this company to everyone, they are professional and put the time and care into recovering data that you would into your own work. My work was recovered in less than 24hours with honest advice and help. Again I cannot explain my relief and gratitude towards Andy; he is truly a genius! Thank you!"
"My Granddaughter had damaged her USB Flash Drive - actually bent it at right-angles and then proceeded to try and straighten it. Unsurprisingly it didn't work after that and tragically it had 5 years worth of work saved on it and it had NOT been backed-up - lesson learned. I tried a repair and although fairly capable electronically, I don't possess the necessary specialist gear to effect such micro-surgery, so was unsuccessful in restoring it. As my Granddaughter was in bits over the pending loss I decided to do a search on Google and because 'R3 Data Recovery' was fairly highly ranked ie on first page and because it was reasonably local to me I decided to call the number on the website. It was outside normal working hours and I was half expecting an answering machine message when Andy answered his mobile - and this was just the start of a fantastic customer service experience. From that moment, Andy explained in detail the process and options available and although he never gave false promises, he gave me a reasonable expectation that there was a credible prospect of data retrieval. He also quickly assimilated my electronics competence and our resulting discussions, at a technical level, convinced me beyond doubt that this was the company to use. I dispatched the broken USB Flash Drive by Royal Mail 'Special Delivery' next day service and the following day received an email around 11:00 hours from R3 confirming that it had arrived and they were beginning recovery of the device. At the same time I was asked to forward the file types and priority of recovery required as this information assists the engineers to target the most important data just in case they have to make a quick decision on a device that is beginning to fail. This shows just how professional this company is in taking a proactive approach to ensure the best possible outcome in the event of such issues arising. At around 14:00 hrs I had a complete listing of all recovered data for me to confirm. It took some time to go through 4 years worth of files and confirm our acceptance but by around 18:00 hrs R3's Invoice was sent to me for payment. The price was exactly what it was expected to be and by 19:00 the payment was completed, the account confirmed as settled and password for the download received. All data was uploaded to 'WeTransfer' by around 19:30 and loaded onto a new USB Flash Drive and in the grateful hands of my Granddaughter by 21:30 hrs. Along the way, even at these hours, Andy was updating me via sms on a regular basis keeping me up to date with progress all the way until final delivery. The reason I've provided all this information is it shows, without doubt, what a brilliant company R3 Data Recovery Ltd is and how professionally it is run from project start to finish - I would highly recommend this company to anyone that has a data recovery issue. I have never ever had the pleasure to work with a company that is run any where near as commercially astutely as this one is and doubt that I shall ever find another like it. Andy and his team are brilliant, highly communicative, professional and deserve this recognition, they are truly outstanding and I would say, pretty unique among their competitors."
(Bath) -
Many Thanks for the comprehensive review Stuart. R3 Data Recovery is a team effort to deliver the highest success rates of any data recovery company setup in the last 20 Years. Our daily challenge is how to manage both the technical challenges, as well as delivering a relatively painless experience for the majority of clients. As your experience shows, even though the damage to the memory stick had put fractures through the PCB Paull the engineer assigned was able to rework temporary connections to enable access to the controller and relink to the flash memory resulting in a full recovery.

r3 is a small company with some of the most experienced data recovery specialists with a reputation for being the best of British.

Since developing the Security House lab we have also been developing a new facility the FME lab and we handle some of the smallest disasters to some of the very largest every month.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review of Team R3

Andy Butler
"I am a teacher and save all my resources to my USB key. Stupidly I did not back the key up, and when it corrupted I lost everything. Our own IT dept at school were unable to salvage anything, so as a last resort I thought I'd have a search online and R3 appeared at the top. I rang them and my first impressions were they were very calm (whilst I was not!), they did not throw IT tech terms at me and were very reassuring. I agreed to send the USB key and within 1/2hr I had an address to send the key to. I received automated updates over the next day or too, which tbh didn't mean an awful lot-except that at least someone was doing something with it! on day 2 I got an email with all the file names-I reckon I got back 97-98% of the files. I was thrilled. I paid online and the files were all sent to me. I would certainly recommend R3 to anyone."
"We had a 2TB HDD full of Wedding Photos that needed to be edited for clients. We accidentally dropped the Drive causing it to have jammed Read Heads thus making the data unreadable. I sent it to Andy at R3 and he was able to recover everything 100%, and have it back to us within two days. The level of service R3 provide is awesome and I will for sure be using them in the future for any data recovery should I need it."
(Liverpool) -
Glad we could be of service Tom
The Security House Lab continues to develop the latest solutions to the recovery of dropped and clicking hard drives. Our emergency services are designed for time critical sensitive and business critical situations. The R3 engineers are Britains local world class disaster data recovery company that is affordable cost effective and trusted by individuals, students, companies, and Government departments and contractors.
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.

Andy and the Team at R3
"Thank goodness for R3 Data Recovery! I recently had a total disaster on my hands as a memory stick I was relying on to keep a month’s worth of university work on became corrupted, and very little of it was backed up (a terrible mistake on my behalf!) I tried plugging it into multiple different PCs but the stick could not be read and none of the files could be accessed. I raised the issue with the IT support service at my university, but they said that they could not help me. I then went to PC World to enquire about data recovery, but they took one look at the memory stick and immediately said that none of the data could be saved. I then went to the Apple store to ask why my MacBook (or any other laptop) could not read the stick, and was given an appointment at the “Genius Bar”. The “genius” said that there was nothing that he could do, though his colleague recommended a data recovery software package that could be purchased from Amazon. However, I would have to run the software myself, and there would still be no guarantee that the files would be saved. In despair, my mum contacted Andy at R3 data Recovery, and he was extremely reassuring. Though I was sceptical since so many supposed “experts” told me that there was no hope and that my files were gone forever, I decided to go ahead with the data recovery. Within an hour, a courier arrived at my residence to collect the memory stick – I was very surprised at the speed of the service! 4 hours after handing over my memory stick, all of the files were safely back in my possession! I received updates from Andy via text and email throughout, and am overjoyed and beyond impressed at the result! I would definitely recommend R3 Data Recovery to anyone experiencing a loss of their important files; I can’t express my gratitude enough!"
"Andy Butler of R3 Data Recovery Ltd was most helpful and reassuring. He gave clear and succinct advice and solved a rather nasty data problem with ease. I would recommend this company for honest advice and problem solving."
"Great service, wonderful communication, R3 rescued my spontaneously combusted MacBook Pro internal SSD (which Apple said had a 5-10% chance of recovery) Big thanks to Andy and his team!"
(London) -
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the R3 Data Recovery Hospital. Your MacBook Pro SSD was affected by a power surge to the motherboard. Technically Apple were correct that most times this is a very low chance of recovery. Especially if any of the NAND chip memory banks are damage. Fortunately in this case prompt action and minimal interference gave R3 engineers the best chance of completing a successful recovery.
"I was terrified I’d lost all my writing work after a massive hard drive failure, but Andy used the program remotely to access the “deleted” files from the backup drive in surprisingly little time [even found some old files from years and years ago]. “Relief” doesn’t begin to describe how I feel. Would absolutely recommend."
""It started well, from contacting them, to sending the hard drive off and all through the recovery process, I was updated throughout and felt it was going well. I was then re-quoted for a mechanical fault. It was pricey and I spoke my concern of the success rate as I had a lot of stuff already backed up and was only after a select few files. However I was assured it was either 'all or nothing', so took the gamble. I then received the recovered list, and shortly after I received the invoice and then things started to go wrong. The recovery list is hard enough to go through as it is and there were a number of files that I either couldn't find on the list or didn't have a name. I then asked for help in locating / confirming the names of the files (as these may have been what I was after) and enquired if subsequent scans could improve the reading or help locate my missing files (I was willing to pay additional fees). What I got was complete disinterest and a feeling that after they recovered what they had, as far as they were concerned, their job was done. I tried to explain what needed to be looked for and was willing to spend as long as it took to 'help them, help me' and was informed by the person I spoke to that he would talk to the engineers about my request, but I got the feeling I was just becoming an inconvenience to them at this point. As a number of days had passed I thought it best to pay the invoice. With that, the drive was sent back to me with no update about my request and no response when I queried it. Unfortunately for me the gamble didn't pay off as it turns out the files that didn't have a name weren't the ones I was after and turned out that the files I was after and the majority of my personal files in general (pictures, etc) weren't recovered. What I did get, were only a handful of my personal files (and it was a small handful at that) and thousands upon thousands of folders in no specific order containing system or directory files that make up the various applications that were on the drive, which have 0 value to anyone. This may have made it look like a successful recovery by pushing the recovered percentage up, but in my case it really wasnt. I completely understand the terms and conditions of file recovery in that its not a guarantee and that the risk I took was my own which I accept and this review is mainly due to the customer after care. When being charged close to £700 to not be able to recover the files I was after and then not really caring when asking for help in finding them, even when willing to pay more, just felt like a slap in the face. I congratulate them for being able to access the drive at all, its further than anyone else may have got, its just a shame that in my case, it was a waste of both our time... and a very large hit on my wallet."
Dear Sean

I fully appreciate your point of view but let me say we have done the work asked of us and we were working on a situation which had been exacerbated by previous software recovery attempts which you would not have realised can exacerbate a failing drive.

Do not interpret being busy as not caring. Your case has been processed as per your instructions and our procedures.

Your original problem was actually a degrading drive, what became apparent was it was actually a weak head and damaged platter. The previous software recovery attempts you had carried out prior to sending it to us contributed to the damage to the file system.

The quality of the recovery was actually very good, the issue is the folder structure was damaged as a result of the catalogue being in the area where the heads had landed.

The effort and expense for both the company and charged to you was correct for the task. If we thought we could improve the results with more donors, or processing time we would.

What we will do is prevent the image made in the recovery process from being wiped, we recheck the scan of the image to see if there are any other lost files, in particular pictures and general files you say were not recovered.

I will follow up during the next week with the outcome of our investigation.

R3 Data Recovery
"Late this evening, I contacted R3, via their enquiry form, as I had accidentally deleted my partners documents while trying to sort out a space problem on his Microsoft Surface! Andy was absolutely brilliant - gave me online help and guidance, recovered the deleted files (not very much data, but one or two important documents which were not backed up anywhere) I would recommend R3 to anyone. Talked in a language that non technical people can understand. Very reassuring to know there are online trustworthy firms like R3. Cost was as expected, in fact less than expected. Very good result."
"understood immediately what needed to be done. Courier service. 12 hour turnaround. Discreet. Very happy."
Glad we could be of service. Our emergency service and dedicated driver collection is geared for those who need a rapid data recovery response and the fastest return of their recovered data. The dedicated service is also used by those needing data security and chain of custody compliance.

Andy and the Team at R3
"R3 were very professional, helpful but also friendly, we had a problem with a macbook pro hard drive that crashed while saving a report and needed this report off it ASAP, bearing in mind this was also a sunday to add to our drama. We rang the number provided for out of office hours and spoke to the owner Andy he answered the phone asked some questions and reassured us that the information should be recoverable. He talked us through the process and put our mind at rest we would be in good hands. He even offered us to drive to the Lab the same day and he would get one of his tech guys to meet us there to start the process. We decided to go up there next morning as it was a 3hr drive, as soon as we got there he greeted us personally and told us to go and grab food or coffee and would ring us within 10 mins to say if the files could be recovered and put our minds at rest it was in good hands. As promised he rang back to say that yes it was recoverable and would take a few hours to get the info off and onto an external hard drive to take it away. I must say that through the whole process and being an owner of a company myself that relies on recommends and repeat business that Andy his company and the whole process where a pleasure to deal with and I will certainly be recommending his company to anyone in the same predicament that may need this service. They are top class once again thanks guys."
Many thanks for the review Justin, Considering you had a data recovery operation just 1 mile from you in Wales you rightly did your research and elect to drive to Sheffield. We routinely process work from every city in the UK and as you witnessed we are a real data recovery lab able to recover in this instance the failed drive within the day. I hope the wait gave you time to look around the locality and at least enjoy as much as possible the time waiting for the disaster you were having to be handled by a dedicated team which is recognised as amongst the best ever put together in Europe.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"I have used R3 Data recovery. They are a professionally run, customer friendly company that provides a first rate, discrete, data recovery service and keeps one in the loop at all times. I recommend them highly. The Bluespot Knee Clinic"
Hi Both Seagate 3TB drives in RAID 1 had degraded. We Identified the fastest one to recover and after imaging / bad sector rescue transferred the recovered data to a new 3TB Western Digital.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"非常快捷及安全的修復 本人的外置硬碟突然失效 R3 Data Recovery 以三天時間,作出100%修復 對他們的服務表示滿意"
(London) -
Very fast and safe repair
My external hard drive suddenly fails
R3 Data Recovery made a 100% fix in three days
Satisfied with their service

Many thanks for the review Rico

The pictures of the supercars on Facebook are indeed impressive "hard drives"

Possibly the most super cars ever recovered !

All the best from Andy and the team at R3.
"In an attempt to to try and recover a sound file from an interview which inexplicably wouldn't play, we turned to Google and found R3. Despite being outside of normal office hours Andy took our call and willingly embarked on trying to help us. His knowledge of forensic data recovery was impressive, and his methodical, diligent approach was much appreciated. After exhausting all avenues it was finally determined that our sound file was actually 94MB of emptiness, caused by a faulty recording device - there was no actual data to recover. Suffice to say that the recording device has been replaced to save us from future incidents. Andy didn't charge us for the time he spent in helping us which is most generous. Will definitely use R3 data Recovery again should we need any help recovering data."
"Andy helped me a lot in the early hours of the morning and did not charge me a Pennny. He was able to restore some of my files but not all as I had caused more damage to the files myself initially by trying to restore myself. He spent hours on my laptop and gave me so much of his time. I would definitely to recmended Andy without any problems."
"I had an urgent issue transferring files from DVD to USB stick to a recipient via DropBox. Andy completely removed the stress from the situation, dealt with it calmly and with a high degree of care for the security of my computer and data. Problem solved, safe hands, the Woodcutter in the forest among the wolves. A pleasure to deal with, highly recommended."
R3 Data Recovery Ltd is rated 4.72 based on 158 reviews