R3 Data Recovery Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery

About R3 Data Recovery : R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

How would you rate R3 Data Recovery ?

Leilani
Leilani
"My internal hard drive died last year. I was in the unfortunate position of having my backup (external hard drive) stop backing up previous to this and had been trying to sort that out when this happened. I had a few friends who work in IT try connecting to my internal drive via different computers/cables and the drive would start up but couldn't be 'seen'. I'd also tried connecting my external drive directly via SATA without luck either (though it hadn't been backing up for a while so wouldn't have had all of my files anyway). I tried other companies who were recommended to me to help me replace/configure the PCB on my internal HDD with no success (they were in the US/Canada so I had the PCBs sent via the post). I finally contacted R3 Data Recovery at the very end of last year. I had them pick up the problem internal HDD (with new PCB attached to it) along with a new empty hard drive I'd purchased and the original PCB. They had to carry out some hardware fixes on my drive and the original PCB and were then able to recover my files. I was incredibly relieved, as this was a fix I could not have done myself and I really wanted my files back. Completely worth the money as some of the files were irreplaceable - like photos with my Grandma before she passed away. R3 provided me with a log of the files recovered so I could look at filenames, etc before agreeing to pay. They also keep data backed up for 10 days so I could have contacted them if I had any issues once I had my drives back and could check the recovered files for myself. Would recommend as the no data, no fee deal means you shouldn't need to pay if they were unsuccessful with recovery and you provided your own new HDD to put the files onto. Some of the other companies I've read reviews of sound like a nightmare, so I felt better trusting R3 with my data."
Nathan Williams
Nathan Williams
"I recently experienced a failed hard drive, which contained all my documents, photos and basically my whole life! Many memories that could not be replaced, I was relying on the fact that it was a back up drive not inside my computer so thought nothing could go wrong ! How wrong I was. I contacted R3 Data Recovery and they were keen to help, providing a fast service with fantastic communication. They kept me updated throughout the process and were able to recover my drive completely and hassle free. I would highly recommend them over any other company as I had contacted a few for different quotes of course however the other companies just kept adding on more charges and tried to baffle you with jargon. Thanks so much to you all there that have saved my memories :)"
Cai Williams
Cai Williams
"There is absolutely no reason to use any other data recovery company other than R3 data Recovery. After being duped by the many scam companies out there I gave these guys a big problem to fix and they did a fantastic job at nowhere near the cost of the other companies that failed to do anything. You can trust these guys. I sincerely do recommend them and I honestly wouldn't bother trying anyone else. very trustworthy in a field that is really quite dishonest nowadays. 10/10 in every aspect of the recovery. Very friendly guys. Thank you so much R3. If I ever have a problem again I will be sure to use you and I will most certainly pass anyone else on to you with similar issues."
Jonathan Green
Verified Buyer
"I am happy with the service I received. I did not get all of my data back after September 2015 which i was surprised about but the mistake was my fault so that is the way it goes."
"Not only were they able to retrieve 8TB of data, we were able to recycle a number of old hard drives. Excellent!"
"Somehow I managed to break a hard drive and after a thorough search online I found R3. Having to learn the hard way I never back up my kids pictures or videos and was desperate to get something back. Using R3 they put my mind at rest and tried to recover as much as they could. Throughout the whole process they were helpful and when a folder couldn't be found they tried their upmost to do another scan and try and find it. I have the majority of the pictures back, in a proper photo format I may add too but have lost some of the videos. This was an expensive lesson to learn but cannot fault R3 throughout the whole process. Should I ever be stupid enough to not back the items up again i will use these without hesitation. I read a number of reviews of other companies and did some ground work prior to using R3 and I must add that they were the ones who were helpful, attentive and had really good customer service. I would recommend them to anyone looking to recover data."
Donald Byrne
Verified Buyer
"Technician was very helpful resolving issues with my external hard-drive, he arranged pick up and was up front on the cost of the repair that included the return of a new drive. Don Byrne"
(Basingstoke) -
Hi Donald

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Your Seagate 2TB drive had failed and R3 were successful in recovering the data in the same condition as before with 99.75% integrity. Some corruption of files can happen prior to the actual failure as the drive degrades.
Andrew Lyons
Verified Buyer
"They recovered my data fast and did what they said they would. My criticism is the fact that they use UPS to send the hard drive back to you. My experience of UPS in trying to retrieve my - enormously valuable - package was singularly the worst customer service experience I have ever had resulting in me reaching homicidal levels of stress. They repeatedly couldn't/wouldn't deliver at the time or place I requested to the extent that I had burned 3 days annual leave in being available by the time I received the package. If UPS were the last delivery business on the planet, I would not use them. So, if I was to need R3's services in the future, I would go elsewhere if UPS was to be the courier used."
"R3 Data Recovery managed to recover most of my data after I accidentally dropped my external WD Elements Harddrive. Although upon checking, files which said 'Header OK' did not open or were not recognised which was disheartening especially after I had paid the full amount (as understandably they won't return the harddrive until you have paid). There were issues with the courier not picking up on time. However, the staff were very helpful in organising their own driver (which wasn't required in the end but it was nice for them to offer this option). The service of recovering my data was very expensive but I guess if you can prey on desperation when somebody has lost something so important and valuable to them then why not take advantage? The staff were helpful but I found I had to probe for information and follow things up as some emails received automatically were not really relevant to me so I had to ring up and question this. It was a very distressing time for me so I didn't appreciate being told by a member of the team that 'patience is key', it felt very patronising and a little sensitivity would have been nice. Bottom line is they recovered my most important data and I am very grateful. Would recommend. Thanks"
"Managed to recover all my data."
(Reading) -
Hello Josh

Thank you for the review of your damaged hard drive. Despite the failure of the drive, we able to recover nearly all the data and confirm most was in good condition, with a file list and integrity check of 96% of the 152.4GB the only damaged data was as a result of a severe head crash. The Unread statistics: 17824 RT: 57472 ABRT: 2212 and UNC Errors: 16 would for many data recovery operations be problematic but not for the team at R3.

Glad we could be of assistance.
Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
The data recovery Hospital for the UK
Kim Manser
Verified Buyer
"The successfully managed to retrieve my data and photos from my hard drive after my laptop crashed"
"Very efficient if very expensive!"
Kanthi Hettigoda
Verified Buyer
"They respond quickly and service was very good and fast"
(HULL) -
"After finding out that the hard drive on our camcorder was corrupted and my husband hadn't backed everything up we were devastated as it contained all the videos of when my daughter was first born including her first Christmas. We received a wonderful service and managed to get all our videos back. Yes it was expensive but worth it to get those memories back, I would highly recommend"
George Glass
Verified Buyer
"They quickly recovered a disk, which included a lot of family photos. (I have since improved my backup arrangements!). The service was quick and efficient, thanks"
Chelsea Kunce
Verified Buyer
"After a tromatic time, R3 managed to recover all my data from a very bent USB! Fast service and great communication! Thank you so much!!!!"
"Recovered majority of data. Was dealt with quickly and kept up to date. I would recommend them."
"recovered data from physically destroyed hard drive , really good , experienced services. It was my choice after recommendation my friend. It is only one thing -is expensive- but usually is not cheap . In my opinion is better pay once little bit more, and get you data back with high chance of recovering than paying someone without good experience and finally send to R3 to do the job ,and finally pay twice ! Stop wasting time looking for review , just contact r3"
"I got all my photos back that I lost. Everyone else said it wasn't possible or a lot more expensive."
(Tamworth) -
Many thanks for the review. Those 128GB SanDisk memory sticks can be problematic to recover. Despite being declared unrecoverable our data recovery engineers are geared for giving the very best chances of a successful recovery at the price quoted at the outset.

Many thanks for the review

Andy Butler and the Team at R3
Water Babies
"Very quick service"
(Warrington) -
Many thanks for the review Hazel
The WD Passport is generally a very reliable drive but as with any storage device it can become inaccessible due to physical damage or electrical interference / electronic failure due to power fluctuations on the computer they are connected to.

This was another full recovery with the data quality 99.69% with 309GB in total transferred to a new portable drive and sent back at the price quoted at the outset.
Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
Stephanie Winquist
Verified Buyer
"My hard-drive was collected, the data was recovered and returned most promptly. In that regard the service was excellent. The downside is the price - £340, which is a lot. But this was similar or equal to quotes obtained from other companies. I would also have appreciated an explanation of what was broken on my hard-drive."
Hi Stephanie
Your drive had suffered a head crash at some point in its life due to a power fault, it affected its ability to initialise and read the main data areas. Fortunately after inspecting the platters and heads we were able to effect a recovery of 99.88% - 386.7GB cost effectively. You were very fortunate that these 1TB WD10EADS-00M2B0 are quite resilient.
Matt Alexander
Verified Buyer
"The guys are extremely knowledgeable and really great communication. Would use again."
Lem Banton
Verified Buyer
"R3 Data Recovery did an excellent job from 1st day contact to return of my 3TB HDD drive was about 7 days. Recovered all my data well happy Be mindful to add VAT to the the quote other than that well satisfied Great service from a fellow Sheffield resident"
R3 Data Recovery is rated 4.68 based on 328 reviews