R3 Data Recovery Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery

About R3 Data Recovery : R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

Tell us how R3 Data Recovery made you happy

Morgan Burns
"We had a drive fail due to a power supply burning out the PCB. I filled out the web form and within 30 minutes an agent for R3 was on the phone. Will sent me a quote and within the same day I had a label for UPS. On the Friday, UPS collected my failed hard drive and on the Monday I recieved several emails keeping me up to date on how my failed drive was. On the Tuesday I recieved a list of data that R3 had managed to recover. I paid the invoice on Tuesday and my return media drive was back with me on the Wednesday. Honestly, if you have any sort of storage media that needs recovering send it to R3."
AF
"Able to recover all files from a failed portable hard drive with approx 1.5TB of data. Even the files that were identified as "problems" could be opened. Technical help and support out of hours was excellent. Overall very impressed."
Kuldeep Mann
"Brilliant service from start to finish. All of the data I needed was recovered and the communication at each stage was timely and technically spot on. They were very clear about the risks involved and irrespective of how technically fluent a customer is they take the time to explain what they could do."
"1 The price invoiced was much higher than the price quoted despite the fact that I had verbally checked it. This was resolved when I complained. 2 The data never arrived, when I rang the payment hadn't been recorded, despite paying immediately with paypal. 3 When the data arrived it was a third of what was on the stick. I sent various emails to the company but only got a response from Jo (on a no reply email) 21 days later with the missing data. No apology. I took the stick in oct 4th eventually had data 31st Oct."
Hi
This confusion was in a decision to give a £99+vat of £129+vat recovery.

I have looked into this, and it is a communication issue on our part during a busy period, whilst we are undergoing changes. We were looking into how we could better coordinate staff based in several different locations and at the time.

As you saw when you visited Security House we are not like a normal service or retail store and the lab is access controlled with no sales people near the data. Only Lab technicians and engineers.

Although we allow drop in clients we have reviewed this and for non emergency work we have our FME Lab with a customer services office where drop offs can now be made.

We are reviewing a number of functions of the company whilst managing increasing levels of work. I have reviewed the impact of holidays and being busy and illness can have on our ability to react and have made changes.

We do try to help everyone we can, nationwide and internationally and we are on call out rotation 24/7/365.

I am sorry for any confusion on our part for the price difference... it was really a case of offering you a special price because you were dropping it off without having a note in the DB as to why.

Again my apologies for our team approach causing you any distress during your data loss it is not our intention and we work very hard to help everyone through their data loss.

Andy Butler
Operations Manager
"RED CARD!! This was business recovery for a client. Sales pitch was good. Communications were good. Data recovery was within the projected time frame. All good so far. Bill was sent, so arranged payment through accounts payable (took a little extra time). Then we were notified that they couldn't send the data because THEY forgot to add something to the bill. I called to complain but was told there was nothing they could do, as they hadn't sent it out before they caught THEIR ERROR. To pass this back through my client and accounts payable would not only take more time, but cause a big fuss. So I forked out the difference on my own credit card. Not professional at all. Not coming back again. I will find another company the next time."
(Uxbridge) -
Dear Greg
Thank you for your review, which does help me understand any issues that can creep into a system which is designed to maximise the success rates and at the safest and fastest time frames.

I am sorry to lose potential future business because of a procedural issue which we can learn from.

For us we do try to be flexible, as we were with you, your clients drive was actually in a very poor state, in future when dealing with a forensic image for legal reasons - if your client tells you there is a fault with a drive then believe them and do not attempt work you are not equipped for. Your attempts to help your client did complicate our work, we are all busy with the task at hand, for a £45+vat hard drive needed for the data to have made you unhappy with our service does seem unfair but it is your right and opinion.

We manage many hundreds of recoveries every month at the highest success rates in the UK and will be here if you need us in the future.

You can contact me direct if you ever would like to discuss this or any other case.

Andy and the Team
andy@r3datarecovery.com
R3 Data Recovery
"Very disappointed with the amount of data you recovered. It looked like there was quite a lot there when I received the new external drive but almost all of it was unreadable"
(Worcester) -
Dear Richard

Despite the best efforts to get as full a recovery as possible from your damaged Seagate ST9500424AS 500Gb SATA hdd, and finding a specific match for the donor p n 9RW143 567 fw 0001BSM1 site WU the results were the best we could achieve from a single rebuild. Whilst successive rebuilds and donor drives may improve the results the cost in donors and engineering time and the low chance of improvement was not recommended.
I am sorry the results achieved were not as good as you had hoped for but it was not for the sake of effort or determination or skills or experience.

Andy and the team at R3
"I was charged £300 to receive back a random collection of photos. What was disappointing as well is that I was asked what I wanted to recover, and I said everything of course. But the focus was only put on photos. They started sending me 'bits' of pics to see if I recognised anything (???) .. just not a happy customer"
"I sent a memory stick so you could return any recovered data to me from a faulty stick. You sent the data by email instead as the recovery was largely unsuccessful. You didn't return the memory stick despite me asking several times. I received no response"
(EASTLEIGH) -
Hi Simon

I am sorry the recovery was not a good as you hoped but it was the best possible. Customer services have since contacted you and made arrangements for the return of the stick.

Andy
"7-10 working days turned into 6 weeks with me needing to call weekly for updates. I was never contacted when there was an issue, and never got an response to one of my emails. I could go into further details but it says 'a quick review'. Improve your communications please."
(Gloucester) -
Dear Kimberley, It saddens me that you could not see the positive aspect of our efforts to help you and you think we need improvement. R3 is continually developing in an environment much like a war zone for hundreds of stressed, emotional and concerned data recovery clients. A full recovery of your data at the cost quoted was delivered despite it being a much more problematic case than described. We take reviews seriously and it is appreciated but as a student you should be more understanding of how much resource and energy has been given to help you when no one else would. In response we did help you and at a significant loss to the company we persevered when most companies would wash their hand of such a problematic case and consumer. I am sorry you felt you needed to ring for weekly updates, it did not speed up the process it actually hindered it. The lab, it's engineers and their assistant take great pride in achieving the highest possible success rates. R3 systems are developed to achieve what some others say is impossible for the cost. We could have put you on an emergency / escalation at significantly more cost but in reality it would only have reduced the overall time by a few days at best. You were extremely fortunate that R3 Data Recovery is a real Data Recovery Hospital and does not let data die without a fight :-) All the best Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"Unfortunately I was disappointed with the service. It was very expensive too. After receiving a file from R3 that contained a list of my various file names, I was led to believe that they were all recovered from my corrupted hard-drive. But this was not the case and I didn't receive any information about this. I have lost a few years worth of family photos and my entire CD collection."
? Dear Paul,
I am sorry you felt disappointed with a service which extended considerable effort, resources and determination from its engineers to help you. The issue here is your Seagate 1.5TB drive was in a much worse state than anticipated. Despite a rebuild it was only possible to get 7GB of files and at only 75% quality which you accepted. We do offer to do more rebuilds in order to improve the image but you declined this. If you would like us to try to improve the results we do offer an escalation service which is used on seriously damaged or contaminated drives, such as those affected by floods or drops or knocks or declared unrecoverable by others. We cannot offer a discount on subsequent rebuilds and donors, it is matter of fact, time and donors costs money, it is your data to put a value on and we are unable to subsidise what is complex work which requires considerable investment to do.

We do our best every month and work extremely hard to deliver on the companies remit to give the very best chances of recovery at a reasonable cost for as many of our clients as it is possible for the lab to handle.

The fact is we have we are one of the largest data recovery labs with the resources necessary to deliver a recovery under the worst of situations. We just cannot do it at a loss otherwise we go out of business.
"After 2 months & at least 4 discs some in the wrong format (apple) I finally received most of my data albeit often with files multiplied. I was finally rescued by Martin to whom l am grateful.Telephone communication is difficult unless you are initiating business though Emails are usually returned reasonably quickly."
Dear Hugh

Whilst we accept the process was lengthy, it was in part due to your changing your mind about the file format required for the recovered data.

Your drive failed during an upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. You actually sent in 2 drives one Western Digital m/n WD30EZRS-11J99B1 Capacity 3TB , the other Hitachi m/n HTS725050A9A364, 500GB drive.
After recovery you required the return drive data to be formatted for use with a MAC, this is where our processing of your case ran into a communications issue during the August Holidays and the recovered data had already been returned formatted for Windows NTFS which is how it came in.

Once we understood that you were having problems reading Windows formatted drives on your replacement MAC system we were able to sort out the formatting of the drive.

We have to take full responsibility for the communication issues and not realising that you were changing your operating system because you had lost faith in Windows.

However it must be stated that MAC system drives fail more regularly than Windows drives especially in iMac systems and for the same reasons they do in Windows systems, Media degradation, power fluctuations, firmware issues and user interferences, so when making a judgement about any product or service, manufacturer or operating system it should be made in light of all the facts.

Andy