R3 Data Recovery Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery

About R3 Data Recovery : R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

How would you rate R3 Data Recovery ?

Leilani
Leilani
"My internal hard drive died last year. I was in the unfortunate position of having my backup (external hard drive) stop backing up previous to this and had been trying to sort that out when this happened. I had a few friends who work in IT try connecting to my internal drive via different computers/cables and the drive would start up but couldn't be 'seen'. I'd also tried connecting my external drive directly via SATA without luck either (though it hadn't been backing up for a while so wouldn't have had all of my files anyway). I tried other companies who were recommended to me to help me replace/configure the PCB on my internal HDD with no success (they were in the US/Canada so I had the PCBs sent via the post). I finally contacted R3 Data Recovery at the very end of last year. I had them pick up the problem internal HDD (with new PCB attached to it) along with a new empty hard drive I'd purchased and the original PCB. They had to carry out some hardware fixes on my drive and the original PCB and were then able to recover my files. I was incredibly relieved, as this was a fix I could not have done myself and I really wanted my files back. Completely worth the money as some of the files were irreplaceable - like photos with my Grandma before she passed away. R3 provided me with a log of the files recovered so I could look at filenames, etc before agreeing to pay. They also keep data backed up for 10 days so I could have contacted them if I had any issues once I had my drives back and could check the recovered files for myself. Would recommend as the no data, no fee deal means you shouldn't need to pay if they were unsuccessful with recovery and you provided your own new HDD to put the files onto. Some of the other companies I've read reviews of sound like a nightmare, so I felt better trusting R3 with my data."
Nathan Williams
Nathan Williams
"I recently experienced a failed hard drive, which contained all my documents, photos and basically my whole life! Many memories that could not be replaced, I was relying on the fact that it was a back up drive not inside my computer so thought nothing could go wrong ! How wrong I was. I contacted R3 Data Recovery and they were keen to help, providing a fast service with fantastic communication. They kept me updated throughout the process and were able to recover my drive completely and hassle free. I would highly recommend them over any other company as I had contacted a few for different quotes of course however the other companies just kept adding on more charges and tried to baffle you with jargon. Thanks so much to you all there that have saved my memories :)"
Cai Williams
"There is absolutely no reason to use any other data recovery company other than R3 data Recovery. After being duped by the many scam companies out there I gave these guys a big problem to fix and they did a fantastic job at nowhere near the cost of the other companies that failed to do anything. You can trust these guys. I sincerely do recommend them and I honestly wouldn't bother trying anyone else. very trustworthy in a field that is really quite dishonest nowadays. 10/10 in every aspect of the recovery. Very friendly guys. Thank you so much R3. If I ever have a problem again I will be sure to use you and I will most certainly pass anyone else on to you with similar issues."
Simon Manuel
"Data recovered"
(Chiddingfold) -
Glad we could be of assistance Simon and thanks for the review

Andy and the team at R3
"OMG I don't even know where to start! I lost all the pictures on my SD card as the card wouldn't mount and these guys were brilliant. Not only did they respond straight away to my enquiry (10:20 pm on a Friday night) they had someone at my house to collect the card at 10am the next day with a text message waiting for me at 14:00 that same day telling me that they had managed to recover all the data and that I would be able to download it from them that very night! No hidden costs, super professional and they kept me in the loop the whole time. Thank you so much guys, I will be recommending you to everyone and anyone who needs help with their technology."
Many thanks for taking the time to review R3 Data Recovery

As one of the best data recovery labs ever developed in the UK / EU.
The team continues to build the labs capabilities and monthly capacity.
We are dedicated to the highest success rates.

R3 Data Recovery Ltd
"My hard drive failed. R3 successfully rebuilt it and recovered 100% of the data . I now have all of my photographs back. Thank you!"
Many thanks for the review.

This case was an example of a drive declared unrecoverable by Lazarusdatarecovery because it was missing the Cover Plate sticker. We were able to identify the drive donor candidates from the Part Number and check their availability. Donor stock varies from month to month but a search found we had one in stock http://r3stock.com/
Glad we could be of service.

If you have a drive declared unrecoverable or the donor parts unavailable, R3 Data Recovery are a real data recovery lab. We have our own catalogued and tested donor stock.
"I am a fashion photographer and I was on location shooting in Italy when one of my hard drives with my current work got damaged. It was showing the catalogue and list of names of the folders but not showing any of the images inside those files but still showed that I had used 500 GB of storage. I tried it in any computer and MacBook (It is a mac hard drive) I could get my hands on. I then started to panic because the computer would freeze when I tried to open it and on some computers it wouldn't read the hard drive at all. In a crying panic frenzy I googled data recovery UK and found an emergency number for a man called Andy Butler at R3 Data Recovery who soon became my favourite person in the world. I was ever so slightly hysterical on the phone and he managed to calm me down and got me to explain what had happened and explained that it was likely to be an issue with the signalling between the catalogue and the data itself. I wasn't due back in the UK for another 4 days and was trying to think of what I could do or how I could get the HDD to him before then. I decided to book an emergency flight home the next morning because I couldn't sit and do nothing, especially not knowing how serious the situation could be. I flew to London and got a train straight to Sheffield where I was met by Andy and his charming driver who took me straight to their lab where I promised not to cry or touch anything and sat in the corner hoping they could work their magic. They sent me off for a few hours and said they would call me hourly with an update. I have to state that I initially called him on a Saturday night in a mess emotionally and this was Monday morning so I was like most creative people I know, quite last minute but he made time for me. He told me there was a problem with the heads of a hard drive (I gained a lot of knowledge of the ins and outs of data and hardware that day) and they were replacing them with other heads and coding to try and talk to the data. Long story short after a couple of tantrums, lots of tears, travelling over 2500 km Andy and his team of geniuses managed to rescue all of my images in one day and they were all in order and in the correct files (I have been told sometimes when rescuing data it can get mixed up and in the wrong order/ folder). I put all my work and faith in his hands and he didn't let me down and was completely charming and wonderful from start to finish of my mini meltdown data lost and found experience. What a brilliant man. I am so happy I found R3 data recovery but in the nicest way possible I hope I won't have to see them again too soon and that my technology will all be ok and my backups won't fail! It did cost me £1000 (because I needed 2 new hard drives and I needed it all doing in 1 day and most people allow 7-10 days) but you can't put a price on your career and other clients work and it was worth every penny. I am so very grateful that he went above and beyond to help me and was at the end of the phone with every question I had."
"I was in a real mess when my hard drive failed. It was an iMac and I was running Parallels. My data was compiled over a 20 year period and so it was crucial that I got it back. Apple sounded confident that they could sort it but after 3 days and 3 60 mile journeys back to the shop they didn't manage it. I then did some reasearch online regarding data recovery and found R3 Data Recovery Services. Once I had read some other testimonials and reviews I called them. Their professionalism and knowledge was instantly recognised and so I entrusted them to recover my data. Needless to say, I'm writing this review to sing their praises. They recovered everything from the drive, emailed it over to me and also put it into an external hard drive that they posted to me. All this was arranged within 48 hours of me sending the disc to them by courier. If your data is important let these guys sort it out for you. They are fabulous."
(Port Talbot) -
Hi Martyn

Glad we could be of service with your Seagate / Samsung hard drive ST1000LM024. These are particularly interesting in that they are a mixture of parts and technologies from both companies during the absorption of the Samsung brand into Seagate.

The emergency service for clients is actually the fastest in Wales thanks to the labs capacity and flexibility. The Security House lab is continually developing as new challenges and the ever increasing quantity of data to be recovered keeps us on our toes.

Many thanks for the review.

"Brilliantly"
(Barking) -
Hi Gulraze

Glad we could assist with your old RAID 5 - 3 x 72GB SCSI (ultra wide 10K) drives. Despite having a replacement drive the RAID failed to rebuild. your requirement of the emergency service was delivered on time and to budget. The downtime reduced by using our dedicated drivers for collection and return.

By using the dedicated service from arrival at 11:24:33 to return at 17:01:59 2 days later ensured the minimum of interruption.

Glad we could be of service and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"They were very efficient and quick with regards retrieving the data from a HDD that was sent to them by our external IT company. Would recommend them for their efforts."
Hi William

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and your appreciation of the level of expertise and resources brought to bear in your companies hour of need. Your IT Support company correctly realised that it was best to engage R3 to safely and securely recover business critical data.

We work for hundreds of IT Support companies and PC Shops around the country but can also be accessed directly through several websites now.

The labs R&D capability and investment in our own donor parts company has meant that R3 is now one of the few labs in Europe which can deliver a real data recovery service for those with engineering level problems such as physical or elctonic / electro mechanical failures.

We have also undertaken several of the largest disasters in Europe this year and continue to routinely recover drives, memory sticks, servers and mobile phones declared unrecoverable by other data recovery specialists or Fields Group members.

The r3 teams are being developed to deliver successful recoveries of the routine rebuilds and repairs but also handle the disasters and extended work needed on complex cases where the unique experience and expertise of the R3 engineers sets us apart .

Andy and the Team at R3
"A 1tb hd failure with many valued photographs led me to R3. Very impressed with their calm professional approach, rapid courier collection and excellent ongoing email updates with full data recovery. Price? Well, what price memories? Highly recommended."
Hi Roger

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, The team work very hard to maximise the success rates and the efficiency of the lab. Your WD 1TB WD10EAVS-00D7B0 was degraded after a power outage or power fluctuation. This can happen to any drive and it was not sufficient to damage the heads but did cause corruption to the file system and then chkdsk compounded the problem. After correcting the bad sectors and recovering the missing files it was a full recovery. Glad we could be of service.

Brian Hargreaves
Verified Buyer
"An external hard drive had failed at a critical time and there was potential loss of an extensive photo collection. The drive was sent to R3 who quickly were able to recover the data with a minimum loss of data and transfer to a new hard drive. Although the cost is not cheap I am pleased to recommend the service provided."
Steve Hutcheon
Verified Buyer
"Very efficient, thorough and quick service. Honest and accurate explanation of how process would work"
Hi Steve

We were pleased to be of service. The Lexar 16GB USB 3.0 memory stick was recovered successfully through a NAND flash read. The failed controller is a common problem after a power surge of static discharge.

All data was recovered successfully.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
"At a time when I was completely distraught at the prospect of losing all my data. Andy and his team not only reassured me, but retrieved the entire data within a reasonable period of time. Professional and efficient service provided. Well done guys."
Martin Lloyd
Verified Buyer
"They recovered 100% of the data, but what impressed me was customer service. The original replacement drive sent back to me had not been formatted for a windows PC so was not usable. I thought oh no should I have specified that as I am not that tech savvy I assumed that everyone used windows, but they collected the drive that did not work and sent a new usable drive within a couple of days."
Daniel Stevenson
Verified Buyer
"Brilliant, got all my data back after I'd been told by a separate company they could only guarantee 70% of my data, and cheaper than other places I'd got a quote from. My only criticism would be including vat in there prices, based on previous reviews I understand why they don't however it doesn't add a lot onto the balance at the end, especially if people dont realise until it's too late. Other than this cannot fault help, helpful, friendly and very reliable, highly recommended!!!"
(Coventry) -
Hi Daniel

We recover data from drives that other data recovery labs declare unrecoverable on an almost daily basis and our upfront pricing is more than 90% accurate if we are given an accurate understanding of the way the drive failed in the enquiry.

Fortunately you sought a third opinion after the "Free Assessments" you had previously were significantly more than they had indicated to you.

I am sorry that the VAT component of the quote did not stand out enough for you at the time of quoting, we are clear about this For over 12 years this is something we have done in every communication, be it email, text or formal quote.

Many thanks for the review and glad we could be of service recovering your Western Digital WD10JMVW-11AJGS0

Gordon Stewart
Verified Buyer
"The team did a great job on recovering my precious family photos from a degraded drive, it was however very expensive and i am not sure that the cost is warranted, this said i would have paid whatever the cost to recover the photos. Life lesson learned ......ALWAYS BACK UP !!!"
(Mawsley) -
Hi Gordon

Your drive had sustained a head crash after a power outage causing unreadable sectors. With over 5.84Billion sectors to recover the unreadable few hundred had no detrimental effect on the less than 10% capacity used.

For those reading it is a good idea never to fill a drive to more than 90% of its stated capacity. This means that the drive life can be extended and in the event of a recovery the possibility of a specific data being too damaged to recover.

Many thanks for takin the time to leave a review

Jonathan Green
Verified Buyer
"I am happy with the service I received. I did not get all of my data back after September 2015 which i was surprised about but the mistake was my fault so that is the way it goes."
Bob Collins
Verified Buyer
"Quick efficient and approachable. Retrieved all the data I needed and provided brilliant service."
(Manchester) -
Hi Bob

Many thanks for the review. Your Seagate had sustained a head crash but fortunately did not need a rebuild. Apart from causing some unreadable areas where the heads had hit the patters, the drive only needed some patching to the firmware and we were able to read all but a few dozens of sectors out of nearly 2 billion. The result was also 99.99% quality thanks to the drive being much less than half full.

Glad we could be of service.

Anthony Dean
Verified Reviewer
"having explained in conversation that there was 4 files already on the disc which i already big let downhave a copy of you then charged top price to only recover the four i had"
Hi Anthony

For this particular case you were charged for the recovery attempt on a Damaged DVD - This involved an engineer using equipment specifically setup to read the data streams on DVD. Despite the resources and time the data fragments we could read could not be reassembled into a working video.

The reason for this was given. 1 side is unreadable - corrupted/unfinished write session.

Although £129+vat is an expense no one wants, as a lab we incurred much more cost in the attempt to help you. We work hard to get every recovery and we do not give in easily but we do have to cover cost of time in situations like this.
(Bridgend) -
Hello Cai

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for R3 Data Recovery.

Since your initial call and distress we did our part to recover your data with the minimum of problems in this case.

It is a common well known problem in data recovery that the Fields Group websites although professional looking and backed by a very large call centre based in Wales and Thailand, are involved in falsifying technical reports charged for at often more than the cost of a recovery but stating no data is recoverable.

The Fields Associates / Fields Group websites involved in the data recovery scams include in the UK and US

Data Recovery Specialists (Penarth )
Rapid Data