R3 Data Recovery Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend R3 Data Recovery

About R3 Data Recovery : R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

How would you rate R3 Data Recovery ?

Leilani
Leilani
"My internal hard drive died last year. I was in the unfortunate position of having my backup (external hard drive) stop backing up previous to this and had been trying to sort that out when this happened. I had a few friends who work in IT try connecting to my internal drive via different computers/cables and the drive would start up but couldn't be 'seen'. I'd also tried connecting my external drive directly via SATA without luck either (though it hadn't been backing up for a while so wouldn't have had all of my files anyway). I tried other companies who were recommended to me to help me replace/configure the PCB on my internal HDD with no success (they were in the US/Canada so I had the PCBs sent via the post). I finally contacted R3 Data Recovery at the very end of last year. I had them pick up the problem internal HDD (with new PCB attached to it) along with a new empty hard drive I'd purchased and the original PCB. They had to carry out some hardware fixes on my drive and the original PCB and were then able to recover my files. I was incredibly relieved, as this was a fix I could not have done myself and I really wanted my files back. Completely worth the money as some of the files were irreplaceable - like photos with my Grandma before she passed away. R3 provided me with a log of the files recovered so I could look at filenames, etc before agreeing to pay. They also keep data backed up for 10 days so I could have contacted them if I had any issues once I had my drives back and could check the recovered files for myself. Would recommend as the no data, no fee deal means you shouldn't need to pay if they were unsuccessful with recovery and you provided your own new HDD to put the files onto. Some of the other companies I've read reviews of sound like a nightmare, so I felt better trusting R3 with my data."
Nathan Williams
"I recently experienced a failed hard drive, which contained all my documents, photos and basically my whole life! Many memories that could not be replaced, I was relying on the fact that it was a back up drive not inside my computer so thought nothing could go wrong ! How wrong I was. I contacted R3 Data Recovery and they were keen to help, providing a fast service with fantastic communication. They kept me updated throughout the process and were able to recover my drive completely and hassle free. I would highly recommend them over any other company as I had contacted a few for different quotes of course however the other companies just kept adding on more charges and tried to baffle you with jargon. Thanks so much to you all there that have saved my memories :)"
Cai Williams
"There is absolutely no reason to use any other data recovery company other than R3 data Recovery. After being duped by the many scam companies out there I gave these guys a big problem to fix and they did a fantastic job at nowhere near the cost of the other companies that failed to do anything. You can trust these guys. I sincerely do recommend them and I honestly wouldn't bother trying anyone else. very trustworthy in a field that is really quite dishonest nowadays. 10/10 in every aspect of the recovery. Very friendly guys. Thank you so much R3. If I ever have a problem again I will be sure to use you and I will most certainly pass anyone else on to you with similar issues."
Wendy Mcarthur
Verified Buyer
"Very quick data recovery - kept me informed as to progress and delivered my recovered data back well packaged. Very happy with their service."
Tim Greenhow
Verified Buyer
"A total professional service which I highly recommend. From identifying the original problem to receiving the repaired product was extremely well orchestrated and secure."
Linda Petty
Verified Buyer
"Highly recommended. R3 Data Recovery helped us when two large drives of animation data were damaged by an electrical fault. They recovered 97% of our data which was a huge relief. Each member of staff I dealt with was professional and helpful. The whole process was described to me beforehand. ALL my many questions were answered fully and quickly. R3 checked our drives for free and we were able to review the results before we committed to the retrieval process. The bill stung a bit, but we knew it was coming. The data drives were collected from my workplace in Sheffield. We had a new large drive with our retrieved data within a very few days."
"Found myself in a desperate situation having lost an assignment through a corrupt file on a USB. I cannot fault the service I received from Andy it was second to none. He worked so hard to try and resolve the issue and remained in contact with me throughout the process. He was exceptionally professional and knowledgeable (think I even learnt a bit along the way) won’t hesitate to use your company again or to recommend you. Thank you again. I Enjoyed our chats to!"
Douglas Moxon
Verified Buyer
"We needed some data recovery help, and were lucky enough to get hold of Andy Butler, who called us back within 10 minutes in the middle of the night, and was incredibly friendly and professional. Whilst, in fact, our data was sadly not recoverable, I have no doubt that these are the guys you need to speak to. They did everything possible to help, and explained every step of the way exactly what was going on and filled us with confidence that we had contacted the correct people. Thanks so much Andy."
"Professional prompt service, R3 answered all of my concerns with reassurance and kept in communication with me through out the recovery process. Recovery of my data was efficiently dealt with and returned to me within a few days. A great service with fantastic results. Thanks R3."
"Excellent end to end service - very clear as to the approach, pricing and risk. Kept me fully up to date at all steps, and made sure they got my approval before moving forward. Brilliantly all my data (failed WD My Cloud NAS box) was recovered, saving lots of stress and memories (all my photos were on there!!). Highly recommend."
(Nottingham) -
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of R3 Data Recovery Leilani

Luckily the previous recovery attempts and donor parts used did not cause any in correctable damage.
The Original PCB was actually working fine - the ROM read and serial number checked against Drive sticker - ok

The replacement PCB had been programmed with a copy of the ROM from the original, but the motor chip was overheating after a few seconds, meaning the replacement PCB was damaged/Faulty from suspect short circuit.

We found the next issue was a HDD Lock FW bug (Lock - LED 0x0000CC)

This also was been resolved and the drive was imaged successfully with only minor damage to some files.
Recovery percentage = 99.21%
84453 files in 8576 folders. Total rec size: 60.14 (GB).

Sometimes the corrupted or damaged files are as a result of the failure, but also can have been already damaged during the many years of use from the drive which was had served for over 8 years.

Although the replacement SSD may not fail in the same way as a HDD it can fail, so do consider your backup routine and if possible use your own personal network drive, NAS and offsite cloud backup.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
(Wolverhampton) -
Hi Nathan

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Your drive arrived Motor control chip was found to be dead needing a donor PCB to fully diagnose it.
The PCB swapped but the drive was still refusing to spin, this almost certainly confirmed it was seized / stiction.

On inspection in the cleanroom we found it would require a platter swap into a donor chassis and possibly donor heads. The drive was 100% seized - we could not rotate the motor at all.

After the platter swap and using fresh heads a full recovery was possible, fortunately in your case the platter damage was minimal. In part helped by the fact the drive could not spin after the failure and cause further complications.

Glad we could be of service.

Andy and the Team at R3 Data Recovery
(Bridgend) -
Hello Cai

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for R3 Data Recovery.

Since your initial call and distress we did our part to recover your data with the minimum of problems in this case.

It is a common well known problem in data recovery that the Fields Group websites although professional looking and backed by a very large call centre based in Wales and Thailand, are involved in falsifying technical reports charged for at often more than the cost of a recovery but stating no data is recoverable.

The Fields Associates / Fields Group websites involved in the data recovery scams include in the UK and US

Data Recovery Specialists (Penarth )
Rapid Data
Fields Data Recovery

Other companies linked to them can be found here
Lynda Blackshaw
Verified Reviewer
"A portable hard drive had stopped working. It contained lots of valuable photos and video clips, which we thought we had seen the last of. After contacting R3 the drive was collected the next day as arranged. We were very pleased that we were kept informed at every stage about what was happening. Everything was recovered, in what seemed like no time at all."
Rebecca Moss
Verified Buyer
"Great service, excellent communication and great repair job!"
Louise Robertson
Verified Buyer
"I recently experienced a failed hard drive, which contained all important university files for my honours year. I contacted R3 Data Recovery and they were keen to help, providing a fast service with fantastic communication. They kept me updated throughout the process and were able to recover my work. I would definitely recommend them!"
Foysal Miah
Verified Buyer
"I believe R3 data recovery are by far the best recovery company out there. From the first moment I spoke to Andy he dealt with my situation in a very professional way. He is very honest, reliable and genuinely wants to help his customers, they're very knowlegable and answered all my questions. Prior to finding R3 we had used another company who claimed to be the best in this field, gained my trust then mislead me and charged me hundreds of pounds with no success. It was a awful experience. We're really happy that we found R3 and would like to thank Andy and his team for recovering our data and for providing us a exceptional service. Would wholeheartedly recommend to anyone."
() -
"Andy and his team were exceptional. I had a 5 year old hard drive with around 21,000 photos on it that one day stopped working. To my horror I started researching into companies to help restore my data. I initially contacted R3 Data Recovery and Andy gave me a call. I was surprised as it was a Sunday! Andy was able to accurately diagnose the fault over the phone and give me a rough estimate on what it would cost. I was given a cheaper quote by Rapid Data Recovery and unfortunately sent it to them. I hand't done my research around Rapid Data aka Field Data Associates. True to form they came back saying the problem was not what they first thought and quoted me a higher figure for the fix. To cut a long story short, Rapid Data Recovery weren't able to recover my data (even after waiting 4 weeks) but when I send the drive off to Andy and his team, I had all of my data back with 14 days! R3 also helped with other matters surrounding my hard drive and provided excellent customer support. I just wish I went straight to them in the first place. Yes they are a bit pricey, but they won't muck you around nor say its only going to be £99 to repair it. What you will get is the best chance in getting your precious data back."
Michael Clayton
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service. Emails for ever update and what was needed to be done to recover all my files."
Gary Illingworth
Verified Buyer
"Restored all my family photos which I thought were lost forever. Excellent service and process"
() -
"Andy and the team turned a very traumatic, potentially disastrous situation into a very happy, positive resolve without any fuss and in a very short time scale, keeping us informed every step of the way. I would not hesitate to recommend their services."
() -
"At a time of great need, the team were able to recover exactly what we needed in record time. We're very grateful!"
() -
"Very good service from the start to the end. Very reasonably priced. Every concern issue I had was covered. I particularly Like the way the product is dispatched in two stages to minimize risk of it being lost in transit. All I would say is I think the image should be kept for a longer period as it takes time to see what has happened to the drive."
() -
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback is appreciated. The image made during the recovery process is set for secure wiping 10 working days after despatch of recovered data. The main reason is to ensure that in the event there is an issue with the data returned we can check the recovery or provide a second set of data. If you need longer to check through the data we can extend the time before wiping upon request. In some situations we can sell the image to you.
The lab can only process so many cases per month and every job has to be tracked from start to finish so we are process driven to be compliant with various requirements of insurance, security and quality.
R3 Data Recovery is rated 4.68 based on 331 reviews