R3 Data Recovery Reviews

274 Reviews

R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

Verified Buyer

I had a corrupt 465GB Hitachi hard drive with 269GB data which was not readable and I was so stressed out and I contacted R3, I spoke to Andy Butler a few times which made me feel a lot better; the customer service was excellent.

Andy reassured me and I got back I believe 97% data and within 5 days.. we'll done R3 data... I have passed on your site and phone numbers to all whom I know if they're data fails..

I am a very happy customer. Plus I'm extremely satisfied with my results.
Many thanks for the review Imraan, all members of R3 are dedicated to delivering the very best success rates. We are proud to say we are amongst the very best data recovery operations in Europe. The Security House lab in Sheffield handles the UKs demand and we have been developing the FME lab to be able to absorb the growing level of enquiries year on year.

For those reading this R3 were called upon to assist Imraan after another data recovery lab had been unsuccessful. Whilst our quote was more than the other software data recovery operation had quoted, the rebuild and recovery was successful despite the additional damage to the platters that repeated power cycling and numerous software scans had caused. Had the drive not had software recovery attempts the recovery would have been easier and faster.

The R3 Team can offer second opinions on any drives declared unrecoverable or uneconomic to recover.

For those who would tell you a drive is unrecoverable providing the drive has not been interfered with by have a go heroes and well meaning friends R3 can help. We can also help with any of those affected by Fields Associates.Ltd.

We routinely recover what the Fields Associates in Wales says is unrecoverable. If Rapid Data, DataPhoenix, DatenPhoenix, Data Recovery Specialists, hard-drive-data-recovery , Fields Data Recovery , Clinique De Donnes, Salvataggio Dati, Pronto Dati or any Fields Group data recovery partners in the UK, US , Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Italy or Portugal declare a drive unrecoverable or too expensive to recover get a second opinion from a real data recovery lab. We don't have 50- 60 sales people but we do have the expertise, experience and resources needed to deliver real data recovery successes.

Verified Reviewer

Never have I experienced a company that cared about the customer more than R3 Data Recovery. They have been helpful and friendly from the very first inquiry I made, everyone I talked to being that perfect blend of informative, understanding and helpful.
I truly felt like everyone I talked to was giving me 100% of their time and effort and they wanted to fix the drive as much as I wanted it back. Any bad news they relayed was quickly followed up by potential solutions that they wanted to do.
I had complete faith in everyone involved and I am eternally grateful that I chose R3 Data Recovery. I cannot recommend them enough if you have any kind of drive failure.
Hi Gemma

I am glad you recognise the efforts the R3 team go to in order to recover data.
The lab and team is building year on year into a British success story after years of development. Our success rates and value is in matched in the UK - we are one of the few DR labs called on in the event of real disasters such as fire, floods and physical damage.

R3 is made up of an experienced team of engineers who have brought together a range of expertise and a scale of capacity through investment in the resources needed.

Verified Buyer

I have recently used R3D to retrieve data from an external hard drive.

I called Andy at 11pm on a Saturday after my hard drive failed, he immediately ran through the symptoms and calmed my fears that all data was lost, but was honest that data recoveries are not always successful.

I required the data immediately as it was for a deadline the following Friday, the issue was I was based in London and the lab based in Sheffield.

After searching all data companies in and around London none would answer my call on a Saturday. In fact no one else would answer my call or say they could look at my case on the Sunday.

i took the drive myself to R3D and was very impressed with their facilities. Andy also explained the whole process and what they were doing at each stage.

Unfortunately the hard drive had a physical failure and needed to be rebuilt to have any chance of recovering the information.

After starting the rebuild at 4pm on the Sunday, Andy advised it would take him and his team until the morning to know if any information was recoverable - fantastic I thought.

Andy and Mark got to work on my drive as soon as I left and by 10pm on Sunday they had retrieved almost the entirety of the information of my hard drive.

I cannot reccomend R3D highly enough, they are clearly experts in their field and have a passion for what they do.

Through the whole process Andy kept me informed of progress and explained everything they were doing.

If you have a crisis or any data recovery needs these are the guys you need
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Last weekend Duty engineers Lucio and Mark were called upon for several emergency recoveries from across the country. When you called I dont think you believed me when I said that R3 although based in Sheffield is actually the fastest solution for failed hard drives and servers for anyone in London or indeed accross the UK and after trying several competitors you made the decision to drive up yourself. Despite your apprehension and understandable suspicion once at the lab you soon realised you were not being oversold or misled by the claims we make. Your Seagate drive was actually less than 6 months old in terms of manufacturing date and still current stock on the shelves of many Currys / PCWorld stores accross the country. It required a platter swap into a new housing because the platter was wobbling. Despite R3 holding a large searchable catalogued store of complete donor drives we did not have a matching donor but since you were already at the lab and with car we sent you to the local Currys - PC World in MeadowHall to purchase a new Seagate backup drive of the same model, this meant it was actually cheaper than trying to find such a drive in a years time when all stock will have been sold. Upon arrival back at Security House Mark was able to confirm it was a suitable candidate. The platter swap in this case was because of platter wobble which was causing the heads and plastic ramp to hit the edge of the platters. Once the platter swap was completed it was found that some of the files needed were in the region affected by a head crash. Whilst you were driving home we were able to get the MFT and map the key data needed . It was then sent by wetransfer. Later that night the recovery completed and the full 17.5Gb of data was uploaded. I am glad you recognised what we do and the tenacity and dedication we bring to the UK market. As one of the very best teams of data recovery engineers anywhere and possibly the best in terms of success rates and value R3 are found by more businesses and consumers through various connections. R3 also help after other labs were either not available or could not achieve a recovery at any price. . Andy and the team at R3
Verified Buyer

You failed to retrieve the data that I needed despite being explicitly guided to what was needed but still expect payment.
Dear Client,

It is very rare that the data recovery process fails to deliver what its can or what has been agreed to do.

That is not to say we are perfect, we deal with hundreds of recoveries of failed storage devices every month.

I was not involved in your case but will now take a look at it from the enquiry through to lab processing to the delivery of the file lists and recovered data.

Is there anything from your perspective that might help me save time and identify a solution.

I may need to ask a few questions of you as part of this investigation. It will take a few days to talk to all who have been involved depending on their shifts.

Andy

andy@r3datarecovery.om
Hamish Kay
Verified Reviewer

THE REAL DEAL R3 Data Recovery are Geniuses!!! I am almost speechless with what an incredible job you have done for me. As a videographer my data is my life, You saved 1.2TB of footage and all of my projects from a 2TB portable hard drive that I dropped. As soon as it hit the floor I felt sick. I chose the emergency recovery which was worth every penny. A super competitive quote upfront that did not change through the recovery. I had a new drive back in 3 days with 100% recovery. Each step of the process I was informed with what had happened and data was safe. I cant thank you enough. I was so nervous and anxious about getting my data back but you guys are REAL pros! thank you thank you thank you! Crisis over!!!
To anyone feeling sick reading these reviews to make themselves feel better (trust me ive been there) watch R3's video and know your data is in the safest place it can be with this lot.
Verified Buyer

I am a very happy customer. Plus I'm extremely satisfied with my results.

Hi Gemma

I am glad you recognise the efforts the R3 team go to in order to recover data.

Nina And Charlotte
Verified Reviewer

R3 Data Recovery were amazing ! The service was excellent and Prompt. My daughters memory stick snapped in half with loads of her A-level and BTEC work on it. It was a Sunday evening when the stick broke, I phoned Andy Butler ( who made my daughter and myself feel better with his professionalism and calm advice) and within the next hour I had dropped off the stick at his laboratory - the day after Monday afternoon Andy had e-mailed me to inform me that my daughters work had been recovered. Also a big thank you to the duty engineer Mike Wainwright who had worked on the stick.
(Hemel Hempstead) -
Paul Simpson

Unbelievably helpful
I have witnessed R3 giving help over the phone to several people with their situations. Talking them through their data storage and recovery problems and spending many minutes attempting to fix potential clients problems over the phone without even charging for their time!
Even then, when it is not possible to fix it with general help via the phone they will then talk potential customers though the possible costs, procedures and outcomes with a best scenario and a worst scenario and several other possibilities too.
I don't know of any other service that are as helpful and supportive of a clients needs - before they even have the caller as a client!
Beware of other poor substitutes, these guys are the best!
Hi Paul I appreciate your unique view and observation and though I would never ask for a review from you I hope the moderators at reviews.co.uk leave it up. You have individually helped with hundreds of emergency collections and returns being one of several dedicated drivers entrusted to get emergency/ chain of custody / collections and returns to our clients. The possibly 100,000 miles plus you have driven collecting hard drives and servers from accross the UK has helped R3 with its industry leading success rates and turnaround times. Driving me to sites around the country including scotland to Wales, and your main run between London and Sheffield. You have seen how me and my team work and have developed the lab, even collection of servers and drives from competitor labs and recovering what is said to be unrecovrable at any price or saving clients hundreds and even thousands of pounds in some larger engagements. Although honest and genuine sentiment it should be made clear that you have been a contractor of my company and a driver for me when my neck and back were damaged. You have had a unique view of how I have developed the lab into the UKs best, most cost effective emergency and budget service data recovery lab. Myself and my team have built R3 but you as an observer have an better understanding than most what that really means when many new customers have never experienced data loss before and are at risk of falling prey to those who use bait and switch £99, $199, data recovery. I remember one particular case where you collected a server early one morning from a competitor in Bridgend Wales to bring to Sheffield, they had quoted less than we had initially and after a week were trying to extract £6000+ for a recovery we had quoted £2000 for. Your epic driving skills combined with the best hard drive data recovery lab and RAID specialists had the server drives recovered and data ready for collection by a relieved client less than 24hours from arrival. This is just one of hundreds of journeys every year that requires trusted, security cleared professional drivers to collect and return sensitive data securely between sites. Again thanks for the review Andy
Donald Byrne
Verified Buyer

Technician was very helpful resolving issues with my external hard-drive, he arranged pick up and was up front on the cost of the repair that included the return of a new drive.
Don Byrne
Verified Buyer

I have recently used R3D to retrieve data from an external hard drive.

If you have a crisis or any data recovery needs these are the guys you need
MVRoyle
Verified Reviewer

R3 managed to recover the data very quickly. Suggest attention on the feedback to client, but overall, great service.
Alan Simmons
Verified Buyer

Excellent service -from disaster to relief in just a couple of days.
Verified Buyer

A slick prompt service which allowed me to recover corrupted data.
Many thanks for the review David
The virus infections affecting your accessing your drive were filtered out during the recovery process. Virus and malware infections can put extra load on storage devices and the computers accessing them. Readers should be aware that MAC systems also get infected with viruses and can cause system slow down and Kernel Panic .

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery
Verified Buyer

When my external backup drive failed I feared many years of documents were lost. Not only were the files recovered but presented back in their original folders so they could be easily reviewed and restored to my system. Sensitive documents were dealt with confidentially. Excellent timely service.
Many Thanks for your review. We appreciate you taking the time and understand the need for privacy. R3 Operate from a high security site and we are used by every level of government, military, commercial, social and charitable organisations and by small to medium businesses when security of their data is paramount.
Although we are regularly engaged by well known companies we areunder NDA not to publicise the data breach but can say that we recover data that some international data recovery operations cannot do in the UK or declare unrecoverable.
If you need a second opinion or do not want to waste time and take risks. Choose the team at R3.
Chanley Fielding
Verified Reviewer

Friendly, fast, straightforward service. No pushy sales, just a delight to deal with. Updated throughout the process and no hidden charges!
So the result of full recovery of the only copy of my best friend's wedding photos! There no reliving that day.
I am absolutely over the moon and so are the bride and groom ????

Verified Buyer

The hard drive failed on my MacBook Pro. Applestore advised they couldn't recover the data when they fixed the laptop, and that the data would be lost (including my photos that had not been backed up). I described the issue with R3 by phone, and they were confident they could recover the data and confirmed the cost. It took just 16 hours from registering with R3 that I wanted them to look at the failed drive, to being notified what data had been recovered. I was kept informed of progress throughout, and all my files were recovered.
Emma Ruskin
Verified Buyer

Brilliant company! Efficient work and great communication. Highly recommended. Thank you very much Andy and the team!
Verified Buyer

Incredibly prompt service - they kept me informed at every stage. Best of all - they managed to recover al my data. Couldn't be happier.
Steven Briscoe
Verified Buyer

The professionalism of the entire team, their knowledge and they went out off their way by being so helpful even at the Christmas period.
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review Steven.

Glad we could be of assistance with the recovery of your lost data.

Andy and the team at R3 Data Recovery.
Eliza Jaworska
Verified Buyer

Very proffesional service with customer orientation goals no delay what promised has been done
Andrew Lyons
Verified Buyer

They recovered my data fast and did what they said they would. My criticism is the fact that they use UPS to send the hard drive back to you. My experience of UPS in trying to retrieve my - enormously valuable - package was singularly the worst customer service experience I have ever had resulting in me reaching homicidal levels of stress. They repeatedly couldn't/wouldn't deliver at the time or place I requested to the extent that I had burned 3 days annual leave in being available by the time I received the package. If UPS were the last delivery business on the planet, I would not use them. So, if I was to need R3's services in the future, I would go elsewhere if UPS was to be the courier used.
Verified Buyer

R3 Data Recovery managed to recover most of my data after I accidentally dropped my external WD Elements Harddrive. Although upon checking, files which said 'Header OK' did not open or were not recognised which was disheartening especially after I had paid the full amount (as understandably they won't return the harddrive until you have paid).
There were issues with the courier not picking up on time. However, the staff were very helpful in organising their own driver (which wasn't required in the end but it was nice for them to offer this option).
The service of recovering my data was very expensive but I guess if you can prey on desperation when somebody has lost something so important and valuable to them then why not take advantage?

The staff were helpful but I found I had to probe for information and follow things up as some emails received automatically were not really relevant to me so I had to ring up and question this. It was a very distressing time for me so I didn't appreciate being told by a member of the team that 'patience is key', it felt very patronising and a little sensitivity would have been nice.

Bottom line is they recovered my most important data and I am very grateful. Would recommend. Thanks
R3 Data Recovery is rated 4.65 based on 274 reviews