R3 Data Recovery Reviews

Based on 548 reviews
Courier, Own Driver
Read R3 Data Recovery Reviews

About R3 Data Recovery:

R3 Data Recovery is one of the best teams of data recovery engineers ever assembled in the UK. Security House is one of the few full data and disaster recovery labs in the UK accessible to all who need a high success rate reliable data recovery service from industry leading DR engineers at an affordable cost.

andy@r3datarecovery.com

Security House Royds Mill Windsor St

Tell us how R3 Data Recovery made you happy
STOP LOOKING!!! R3 IS THE ONLY DATA RECOVERY SERVICE YOU CAN TRUST! Victim of Fields? I contacted Data Recovery Solutions first - they sound good and offer free collection, testing, etc., etc. and appear to have good customer service, however, luckily since I research everything to death, I saw the pattern in their Trust Pilot reviews and came across R3 Data Recovery (who can actually help you get money back from these fraudsters) - I have had a memory card reported as unrecoverable by a Fields’ subsidiary in the past, magically after paying the full amount requested! - They also tell you they can dispose of it for free which I stupidly agreed to - Should have sent it to Andy and his team but that’s not the point of this review. Drive Failure: I had an Apple Time Capsule 3 TB drive fail after about 7 years of it sitting in the corner. Tick, tick, tick, nothing. I changed it from a backup drive to a storage device recently when my MacBook Pro was full i.e. no backup of the Time Capsule drive. I was video editing a huge, expensive project i.e. the full 3 TB drive - sod's law for it to fail when it did. Andy and his team had my drive collected from another country (2,500 miles from the UK) and shipped to his lab in the UK, located on a secure site, so you can have full confidence your data will remain confidential. You’re an idiot! At this point you need to stop and admit something - you are an idiot. You did not back up your data and it is nobody’s fault except your own. If you cannot admit that then don’t bother trying to waste everybody’s time - This is a professional service, you get what you pay for! I have since bought a personal NAS system to backup all my devices at home to avoid such situations in the future. Rinse yourself of all your emotions to productively move forward - it is not R3’s fault (I also went through these emotions). Professional Service: You rarely meet people in life who are so technically knowledgable and a pleasure to deal with. Andy is one of these gems - I actually can’t wait to have the opportunity to visit his lab in person next time I am in the UK. I have a very strong technical background and grilled Andy on the phone for at least 1 hour before I fully understood every single option and the full process. These guys are nothing short of wizards, this is the most advanced, professional technology company I have ever seen in the UK. It is nice to know such companies actually still exist! Outcome: Read more on the website of the process - the drives have to be matched like for like. My first rebuild destroyed the donor heads due to the scratch on the platters (interestingly the heads can dive into the platters on power loss, something which happens every week where I live - the NAS will be supplied from a UPS - thanks for the advice Andy!). The file list I received had 10’s of thousands of fragments, however, I could see the main file structure of my drive i.e. proof these guys had actually done something and not just asked for money like other companies without ever plugging it in. It took a second, targeted rebuild where Andy’s team really cranked up the wizardry, they switch off the heads from the sound platters (x 4 in my case) that were fully recovered in the first rebuild and targeted the damaged platters (x 2 in my case). By doing this, they can sweep the data on each side of the scratch to avoid damaging the new heads. Their custom software rebuilds the full image. The scratch made it impossible to get 100% of the data however Andy’s team recovered every single video file (some of these files are >100 GB each!) and had only one file which was missing a tiny amount of information that affected a few frames in the video file i.e recovered 99.99% of the data - the file plays! I can edit out the damaged frames). I am seriously impressed that they managed to do this!!! Cost? I wanted to post the cost of my recovery but it does not mean anything. The real question is - what is your data worth? A dead drive backed up elsewhere - bin it. Kids' childhood memories - priceless. What you have to bear in mind is that you are paying for the best data recovery service in the world. If your data is priceless, then be prepared to pay for forensic level service. This is where the people who can’t accept that they are idiots start to create problems. Conclusion: The ONLY company I will use and recommend to friends and employers for data recovery. Recovered every single file in my project. I can now continue editing my full project without any loss except a few frames in one video file (compare that result to Fields saying that they cannot recover any data at all after taking your hard-earned cash! - If you are a victim, Andy can not only recover your data but also your cash). If you are very knowledgeable / IT-based, don’t hesitate to get the level of confidence you need from Andy directly, an absolute gem of a guy and why I took so long to write this review. If you are an idiot and cannot accept responsibility for anything, then don’t bother contacting R3 - create your problems elsewhere. If you are ready to proceed, seriously consider what your data is really worth to you and how much you are willing to pay for the best, forensic-level service in the world. I seriously recommend R3 to anyone or any company who needs help and is realistic with the cost of their data. Disclaimer: Each case is individual. I assumed my drive would be fixed in one rebuild i.e. head failure only and did not expect any scratched platters - not all drives will be scratched for example. It took 2 rebuilds in the end but some cases can take more depending on the nature of the damage. Andy and his team will be able to develop a quote after analysing the drive in the lab.
R3 Data Recovery 5 star review on 16th January 2022
(International) -
Many thanks for the review. The Seagate 3TB ST3000DM001 had suffered multiple power disconnects whilst in use in a country with an irregular power supply distribution system that added up to two surfaces out of the 6 sufficiently scratched to cause the first donor heads to fail. Although the first rebuild was technically successful in that it enabled the file system to be saved and reading of 4 of the surfaces, it was anticipated that it could take up to 2 additional donors and rebuilds to get a full recovery. One of the issues was that there were only 92 files in total accounting for around 75% of the capacity of the drive. ****************************************************************************** Folders - 43 Files - 92 ( 2147.05 Gb) Normal Files - 91 Problem Files - 1 ****************************************************************************** The recovery of all files needed was made more difficult by their size and the scratches affecting some sectors belonging to most of the files, by careful control of an additional donor it was possible to get all sectors needed except the few that had been rendered unrecoverable by the most severe scratches. Whilst a third rebuild was discussed R3 engineers were able to achieve the fullest possible recovery without the need of spending any more than was necessary. It was interesting to hear your experince of Fields Data Recovery / Data Recovery Services aka Data Recovery Specialists all are fronts for Fields Associates who have a history of fake reviews, hacked reviewer accounts, fake review websites and a fake comparison website. Read more on the data recovery blog that has helped many who have been prevented from leaving their reviews for Fields Data Recovery on Trustpilot www.data-recovery-blog.com
So after 20+ years of chancing my luck with no data backup my laptop one day wouldn't turn on. Slightly worried I bought another laptop and fitted the drive to transfer the data. But oh no that was dead. After looking around and reading reviews I messaged R3 late one Saturday night. 5 mins later I had a reply! Very professional and had all.my data recovered in the quoted time. I can't praise them highly enough. Of course I now have a nas drive and second backup of all my data.
Fantastic service, kept well informed throughout the process. All questions answered promptly. Sending Hard Drive easy, clear arrangements, likewise on return following data recovery. Many thanks to Andy, Will and Nick. R3 Data Recovery are the real deal in a sector where sadly too many scammers operate.
Saved my life! Thank you so much 😁
Fortunately, they were able to do a geat job for me for me after a hardware failure inside a WD 2 terabyte external drive. The vast majority of files were recovered. The interaction with them was very good, they made no promises that they couldn't keep and were very swift in response. The cost of the work i found quite reasonable ( first and hopefully only time user!) - but then again it really depends on what value you put on your own threatened data (backed-up personal photos & work files).
Fantastic service. Saved so much data from our broken harddrive. Excellent communication. Totally recommend!
Knowledgable and friendly. Recovered 4000 pics from a dead Huwaei with swollen batteries and internal fault for me. Excellent professional service and communications.
I am really pleased with the service received from R3 Data Recovery. It has been nothing short of efficient and has been great overall. In terms of communication, I was always kept well informed and all my queries were answered pretty quickly too. I can't thank the team enough!
Fabulous service, they saved my bacon when I accidentally overwrote my 8,500 word lit review for uni. Super professional and speedy,they really went the extra mile for me. Worth every penny.
Very quick and professional. They really saved my bacon as all our critical dada was inaccessible as our drive had failed.
Excellent service! Excellent professionals!
Super recovery of very important data from a very old memory stick. Superb communications and very simple effective work Greatly appreciated - life saving in fact
These guys were really professional and straight forward. Highly recommend their service if you have old hard drives that you think have died and need resurrecting
Could not have been more helpful. From the initial phone conversation with Andy, to the regular updates from Will, a thoroughly professional service, to say nothing of a successful outcome.
I accidentally overwrote my Masters portfolio literature review. I rang R3 data retrieval in the morning and Andy was amazing and managed to retrieve it for me within the day. Best money I ever spent, excellent service and customer care. 10/10 would recommend.
(Bollington) -
Intel Optane HBRPEKNX0202A 512GB Single Microsoft Word document with months of edits and additions - accidental save to the same file name of just a couple of paragraphs. Glad we could be of assistance Rebbeca. You were fortunate in this case that the Trim command was not invoked. From the 8 am call, arranging the 11 am dedicated driver collection to delivering the Laptop back at 7 pm The 100-mile round trip enabled the least disruption and focus on the task to help meet your deadlines and alleviate what must have been a very stressful period. There were several versions of the content of the overwritten files which took just a few extra hours to locate from the image created and sent back for 11:15 pm It was great to receive your OMG text ! Andy Butler Operations Manager R3 Data Recovery Ltd Security House Royds Mill Windsor Street Sheffield S4 7WB Mob: 079 3282 4264 DD: 0800 999 3282 andy@r3datarecovery.com https://youtu.be/oXcyu9GhC1U www.r3datarecovery.com www.linkedin.com/in/andy-butler-a9160645
Quick & efficient service. A little pricy but well worth it!!
Upon my first contact with the team at R3, they were helpful, informative and professional. I couldn't have asked for a more efficient and secure service. Any question I asked was responded to promptly and with due care and attention. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending their service and thank them immensely for the recovery they provided for me. My documents were/are so incredibly important to me and R3 Data Recovery managed to get the vast majority back for me. The email they sent outlining all they had recovered allowed me to breathe a huge sigh of relief. Thank you so much!
The service was amazing. They collected my hard drive.. responded within a few hours for any queries. Very knowledgeable and guided me with the process and sent back the drive with data as soon as they had retrieved it. My hard drive had photos of my children from when they were born and was extremely sentimental. I would recommend R3 to anyone in my situation. Taking this opportunity to give my heartfelt thanks to R3 and the team members.
R3 data recovery was recommended to me after I had a major problem with data lost on a discarded hard drive. I had not backed up any of my data. R3 recovered data I needed and could not possibly have recovered without them.
Amazing Service, spoke to the MD. He explained the process involved with the data recovery. Certainly much cheaper than other data recovery services I have used in the past and customer service is far better. The turnaround was quick too. I highly recommend R3 Data Recovery
Great service. Picked up same day. Didn’t get my videos but got most of my photos. Thanks
R3 Data Recovery is rated 4.8 based on 548 reviews