QAccounting Reviews

of reviewers recommend QAccounting
customer service
Read QAccounting Reviews

About QAccounting:

QAccounting is one of the UK’s leading accountancy companies offering specialised contractor accounting packages. As expert contractor accountants with over thirty years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of individuals with their financial affairs since we started out under our previous name, Qdos Accounting.

enquiries@qaccounting.com

Windsor HouseTroon Way Business CentreThurmastonLeicestershireLE4 9HA

Tell us how QAccounting made you happy
One of the worst accountancy firms I have ever dealt with....possibly the worst of all firms. I am fed up of constantly chasing emails and receiving no response. It has been over a month since I sent a query and have had no response at all, despite several chasers. This is not the first time this has happened either. I have zero confidence in the service provided or the quality of figures produced.
Customer since 2015. They used to be good when still trading as QDOS, now absolutely terrible. My company accounts last year were ready with just 2 days to go before HMRC deadline. This years accounts are also nowhere near ready months after year end. Each time I'm having to laboriously piece together info for them which they've already had from me. Why am I doing their job for them?! They can't communicate effectively, and don't seem to be able to get the accounts done correctly or on time, so I've ended our relationship and have a new accountant who is great and really highlights how awful QAccounting have become. Shame.
Terrible service. They considered my company as dormant even though it was trading. The account managers were unable to answer simple questions about how to transact inward and outward payments from the business account. Portal not recognising 90%+ of my business transactions even though they have third party view access. Repeatedly asking the same questions through email for items that I was awaiting confirmation from them. I moved accounting services before any legal requirements to file with companies house were due and am kicking myself for not doing it earlier. I consider every penny spent with them to be wasted and urge anyone looking for accounting services to stay clear of this company.
Avoid at all costs. I used QDos for around a year thinking I might save some money from my previous accountants. Boy was I wrong. It cost me SO much more in terms of time correcting their constant mistakes. VAT returns incorrect, annual company returns incorrect, annual personal tax incorrect. The problem here is they outsource their actual accounting to offshore "accountants" so whenever you ring "your accountant" you are frequently told "I will send them an email and we should get an answer tomorrow morning". I have been contracting since 1998 and can honestly say this was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. Oh and transferring to another accountant took FOREVER with them delaying and not returning emails from the new accountant. And then they handed over incomplete data that required me to get involved. I dont want to put my name here because I fear I will still need to go back and ask for more information on topics even now.
It took them six months to get my accounts up an running when I transferred to QDOS. I have had to double check everything they do, they screwed up my self assessment this could have cost me double the amount that was due. I closed my account four months ago and they still have not transferred a full set of accounts to my new accountant. The Account Managers seem to be there only to pass messages on to the back office but nothing is ever followed up, there is no accountability, senior managers do not seem to be any better... I even emailed the CEO who did not even bother to acknowledge my email. Very disappointed, I'm taking my accounting and insurance elsewhere.
I transferred over my accounts more than a year back to QDOS and it's been a big pain since then. They seem to have outsourced all the stuff and don't seem to have a clue - have only "managers" whose job is to coordinate between the client (us) and the accounting team (perhaps outsourced).
Worst accounting firm I have ever used. I had to double check every single thing that they did, as they almost always did it wrong. For example, for my Company Accounts they forgot to include 2 invoices I sent them. Also, they ask for the same information many times, wasting your time. They take ages to get back to you with a helpful response. The Account Manager responds within 24 hours, but he/she is never helpful as he/she just passes the request to a qualified accountant. Even after switching to a different accounting firm, they took ages to provide the necessary information. 6 months after switching, I'm still waiting on some things from them.
I have been an IT contractor for 15 years and have to say the accounting at QDOS was woeful from start to finish. Late and Incorrect VAT returns. Incorrect to the point of professional negligence. Totally disinterested and uncontactable client manager, AWOL most weeks. I have now gone to a one person small time accounting company for my Ltd company returns, its a much better fit for a one man band operation such as mine. QDOS do great business insurance, but their accounting service has left me frustrated and disappointed on a monthly basis. Avoid.
Most appalling customer service I have ever experienced from a company, if you get Edward Smith as your client manager, god help you as I can confidently say no work will be produced by him. I was with QDOS for 3.5 months, and nothing was done correctly, if done at all. This eventually drove me to leaving QDOS, and even that was a nightmare. It took nearly 40 days for QDOS to communicate information to my new accountant, even though I was assured it would only take 14 days. I am still waiting for HMRC and Companies House paper communication to be forwarded on to my new business address. I sent a number of emails to QDOS Accountants to express my concerns, I have received a couple of calls to discuss my complaints, but they were never followed up. The main issues I had with them during my contract include: - No Payslips were created for my monthly salary. - Communication from my Client Manager (Edward Smith), was virtually non-existent. - Apart from the Initial consultation, and creation of my business bank account, no other work was produced. - My self-assessment forms were not reviewed. - There was no tax planning or dividend strategy provided. - There was no invoice provided for the month of June to pay for the accounting services. - One of my monthly snapshots was wrong, when I questioned to try and resolve issues, no response was received. Upon review of the contract I had with QDOS, they breached 8 points of said contract: Section 2.5, it states "For newly incorporated companies, we will complete Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT registrations, and an annual self-assessment " However QDOS failed to complete my PAYE for the June payroll (Submission was required by the end of May). The direct result of this means that I am not able to take a salary during the month of August 2018 to allow my Payroll to catch up. Section 3.5, it states "Provide bookkeeping services to your business; complete a monthly account reconciliation of your business bank account & track account movements (subject to the required data feed by your bank account provider) and recording of allowable expenses. " However this monthly bookkeeping (The monthly snapshot) was incorrect. When I questioned, I received no response to allow resolution. Section 3.6, it states "Provide an initial tax planning example; detailing director’s salary and dividend strategy." There was absolutely no help with coming up with a strategy, upon question of how much dividends it is recommended to take, I received no reply. This resulted in myself having to come up with a dividend solution, and calculate my own figures. Section 3.7, it states "Provide unlimited tax advice specific and pertaining to your current service contract." However I never received replies back from my emails to allow facilitation of this. Section 4.3, it states "Run a monthly payroll for your business in accordance with your chosen salary level and produce directors’ payslips." However in the 3 months I was with QDOS, no payroll was submitted. Section 5.1, it states "Provide a dedicated account manager as a point of contact and offer unlimited telephone and email support for business support service related queries." I had a dedicated client manager, however email support was not provided as I never received replies. Section 5.2, it states "Provide log-in access to our Client Portal where you can access your monthly generated payslips and other important documents pertaining to your company. " However no log-in access was provided for months, I had to chase up for requirement of this. Section 5.4, it states "Produce dividend vouchers for dividends drawn and upload to your client portal on the 20th of the following month, or the next business day if the 20th is not a business day." However no dividends vouchers were produced for the dividends I withdrew. Based on this, you can see the service I received was well below standard, and I certainly would not recommend them. And I am now happy with my new accountant.
QDOS made simple errors every single month and provided incomplete advice leading to me moving accountants. They then messed up the transfer. Avoid
Pros" ? Cons: In my case it is rare that any instructions in respect to tax planning and accounting aspects are acted upon; The Account Manager is slow to respond and in some cases never responds; For the simple accounting performed the cost is high; There seems to be an inherent failure to communicate effectively with customers.
Really sorry to hear that you have felt let down by our service. We do however appreciate the honest feedback. I understand that the outstanding issues were escalated to and rectified by our Operations Manager, but for any future concern, all of our clients now have dedicated Accountants that they have unlimited access to 5 days a week. Our Client Managers work hard to ensure that all of our client's queries are responded to and answered in a timely manner. We strive to ensure that all of our clients are provided with a very competent service, and our accountants work hard to keep up our reputation of a leading contractor accountant.
The worst experience with a company I am paying to provide me with a service. promised to assist me with going through the process of going self employed as a contractor. I advised the initial agent I had no clue and would probably need a lot of and holding and guidance and was assured this would happen. however far from it the only thing they did right was the setting up of the limited company when it comes to providing inrormation they provide you with generic PDF's and if you try to ask a specific question regarding expenses and claims just send the same PDF's out. I tried to get VAT registered which has taken nearly 8 months and have now received a letter from HMRC advising they have closed my request without registering me due to the information I had given to QDOS 3 times not being passed to them. when it comes to forecasts and taxes they have either chosen to ignore my requests for information and updates or given me incorrect advise on my figures to later tell me they have changed, it would seem you pay them a premium to continuously chase them and to be ignored because beyond this I'm not sure what they do.
Great service from Customer Services but fulfilment was simply awful. In nearly four months as a client I never received a single monthly snapshot. The VAT Report was misfiled and I ended up paying VAT a couple of days late and suffered a massive fine. This is probably the worst professional services experience I've had. I'm going back to my previous accountant and - once again - I've learned the lesson that you get what you pay for.
QAccounting is rated 4.56 based on 208 reviews