QAccounting Reviews

of reviewers recommend QAccounting
Read QAccounting Reviews

About QAccounting:

QAccounting is one of the UK’s leading accountancy companies offering specialised contractor accounting packages. As expert contractor accountants with over thirty years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of individuals with their financial affairs since we started out under our previous name, Qdos Accounting.

enquiries@qaccounting.com

Windsor HouseTroon Way Business CentreThurmastonLeicestershireLE4 9HA

Tell us how QAccounting made you happy
The worst experience with a company I am paying to provide me with a service. promised to assist me with going through the process of going self employed as a contractor. I advised the initial agent I had no clue and would probably need a lot of and holding and guidance and was assured this would happen.

however far from it the only thing they did right was the setting up of the limited company when it comes to providing inrormation they provide you with generic PDF's and if you try to ask a specific question regarding expenses and claims just send the same PDF's out.

I tried to get VAT registered which has taken nearly 8 months and have now received a letter from HMRC advising they have closed my request without registering me due to the information I had given to QDOS 3 times not being passed to them.

when it comes to forecasts and taxes they have either chosen to ignore my requests for information and updates or given me incorrect advise on my figures to later tell me they have changed, it would seem you pay them a premium to continuously chase them and to be ignored because beyond this I'm not sure what they do.
Customer since 2015. They used to be good when still trading as QDOS, now absolutely terrible. My company accounts last year were ready with just 2 days to go before HMRC deadline. This years accounts are also nowhere near ready months after year end. Each time I'm having to laboriously piece together info for them which they've already had from me. Why am I doing their job for them?! They can't communicate effectively, and don't seem to be able to get the accounts done correctly or on time, so I've ended our relationship and have a new accountant who is great and really highlights how awful QAccounting have become. Shame.
Avoid at all costs. I used QDos for around a year thinking I might save some money from my previous accountants. Boy was I wrong. It cost me SO much more in terms of time correcting their constant mistakes. VAT returns incorrect, annual company returns incorrect, annual personal tax incorrect. The problem here is they outsource their actual accounting to offshore "accountants" so whenever you ring "your accountant" you are frequently told "I will send them an email and we should get an answer tomorrow morning". I have been contracting since 1998 and can honestly say this was one of the worst mistakes I have ever made. Oh and transferring to another accountant took FOREVER with them delaying and not returning emails from the new accountant. And then they handed over incomplete data that required me to get involved. I dont want to put my name here because I fear I will still need to go back and ask for more information on topics even now.
Most appalling customer service I have ever experienced from a company, if you get Edward Smith as your client manager, god help you as I can confidently say no work will be produced by him. I was with QDOS for 3.5 months, and nothing was done correctly, if done at all. This eventually drove me to leaving QDOS, and even that was a nightmare. It took nearly 40 days for QDOS to communicate information to my new accountant, even though I was assured it would only take 14 days. I am still waiting for HMRC and Companies House paper communication to be forwarded on to my new business address.
I sent a number of emails to QDOS Accountants to express my concerns, I have received a couple of calls to discuss my complaints, but they were never followed up.

The main issues I had with them during my contract include:

- No Payslips were created for my monthly salary.
- Communication from my Client Manager (Edward Smith), was virtually non-existent.
- Apart from the Initial consultation, and creation of my business bank account, no other work was produced.
- My self-assessment forms were not reviewed.
- There was no tax planning or dividend strategy provided.
- There was no invoice provided for the month of June to pay for the accounting services.
- One of my monthly snapshots was wrong, when I questioned to try and resolve issues, no response was received.

Upon review of the contract I had with QDOS, they breached 8 points of said contract:

Section 2.5, it states "For newly incorporated companies, we will complete Corporation Tax, PAYE and VAT registrations, and an annual self-assessment " However QDOS failed to complete my PAYE for the June payroll (Submission was required by the end of May). The direct result of this means that I am not able to take a salary during the month of August 2018 to allow my Payroll to catch up.

Section 3.5, it states "Provide bookkeeping services to your business; complete a monthly account reconciliation of your business bank account & track account movements (subject to the required data feed by your bank account provider) and recording of allowable expenses. " However this monthly bookkeeping (The monthly snapshot) was incorrect. When I questioned, I received no response to allow resolution.

Section 3.6, it states "Provide an initial tax planning example; detailing director’s salary and dividend strategy." There was absolutely no help with coming up with a strategy, upon question of how much dividends it is recommended to take, I received no reply. This resulted in myself having to come up with a dividend solution, and calculate my own figures.

Section 3.7, it states "Provide unlimited tax advice specific and pertaining to your current service contract." However I never received replies back from my emails to allow facilitation of this.

Section 4.3, it states "Run a monthly payroll for your business in accordance with your chosen salary level and produce directors’ payslips." However in the 3 months I was with QDOS, no payroll was submitted.

Section 5.1, it states "Provide a dedicated account manager as a point of contact and offer unlimited telephone and email support for business support service related queries." I had a dedicated client manager, however email support was not provided as I never received replies.

Section 5.2, it states "Provide log-in access to our Client Portal where you can access your monthly generated payslips and other important documents pertaining to your company. " However no log-in access was provided for months, I had to chase up for requirement of this.

Section 5.4, it states "Produce dividend vouchers for dividends drawn and upload to your client portal on the 20th of the following month, or the next business day if the 20th is not a business day." However no dividends vouchers were produced for the dividends I withdrew.

Based on this, you can see the service I received was well below standard, and I certainly would not recommend them. And I am now happy with my new accountant.
One of the worst accountancy firms I have ever dealt with....possibly the worst of all firms. I am fed up of constantly chasing emails and receiving no response. It has been over a month since I sent a query and have had no response at all, despite several chasers. This is not the first time this has happened either. I have zero confidence in the service provided or the quality of figures produced.
I have been an IT contractor for 15 years and have to say the accounting at QDOS was woeful from start to finish.
Late and Incorrect VAT returns. Incorrect to the point of professional negligence.
Totally disinterested and uncontactable client manager, AWOL most weeks.
I have now gone to a one person small time accounting company for my Ltd company returns, its a much better fit for a one man band operation such as mine.
QDOS do great business insurance, but their accounting service has left me frustrated and disappointed on a monthly basis. Avoid.
Worst accounting firm I have ever used. I had to double check every single thing that they did, as they almost always did it wrong. For example, for my Company Accounts they forgot to include 2 invoices I sent them.

Also, they ask for the same information many times, wasting your time.

They take ages to get back to you with a helpful response. The Account Manager responds within 24 hours, but he/she is never helpful as he/she just passes the request to a qualified accountant.

Even after switching to a different accounting firm, they took ages to provide the necessary information. 6 months after switching, I'm still waiting on some things from them.
Great service from Customer Services but fulfilment was simply awful. In nearly four months as a client I never received a single monthly snapshot. The VAT Report was misfiled and I ended up paying VAT a couple of days late and suffered a massive fine. This is probably the worst professional services experience I've had. I'm going back to my previous accountant and - once again - I've learned the lesson that you get what you pay for.
I was really enthusiastic about the Qdos model after a couple of decades of 'traditional' Accountants. Unfortunately if you want any basic admin tasks from them you will find yourself continually chasing for updates. Very disappointed.
It took them six months to get my accounts up an running when I transferred to QDOS. I have had to double check everything they do, they screwed up my self assessment this could have cost me double the amount that was due. I closed my account four months ago and they still have not transferred a full set of accounts to my new accountant. The Account Managers seem to be there only to pass messages on to the back office but nothing is ever followed up, there is no accountability, senior managers do not seem to be any better... I even emailed the CEO who did not even bother to acknowledge my email. Very disappointed, I'm taking my accounting and insurance elsewhere.
QDOS made simple errors every single month and provided incomplete advice leading to me moving accountants. They then messed up the transfer. Avoid
After doing some research I decided to try Qdos and I'm so glad I did. Straight forward and very easy to switch. Customer service was excellent. Would definitely recommend.
Poor management. Time too long for answers. Frequent errors.
Extremely unhappy with service and several serious mistakes. We have given countless opportunities to rectify and have received weeks of fob offs and lack of response to queries. This has had serious financial consequences to our small business and we are devastated as a result. Please, if there is an escalation path, feel free to contact us as resolution to our problems would be our number 1 result.
Fantastic service. I’ve used QAccounting for 4+ years. Agam Saini has alway been really flexible, helpful and on several occasions has gone the extra mile to help me out around year ends etc.
Great service at a great price. Highly recommended.
Do not use this provider. Due to serious negligence I have suffered 3 fines from HMRC during 2 terrible years with this group. All 3 of the 'Client Managers' assigned to me have had almost zero knowledge of my accounts and have cost me signficantly in fines, time and stress. I am having to take legal action due to the serious issues caused. Avoid at all costs.
I have been with Accounting for 6 years. My first 2 accounts were not the best and I had to have a number of errors corrected. However, my most recent accountant, Agam Saini, has been quite outstanding. His attention to detail, advice and general support has been excellent. I am just in the throws of closing my company down and Agam's support has been second to none. With his support, the service from QDOS in general has been great and delivered in a timely fashion. The 5 stars relate to my later QAccounting experience. My earlier experience with etc former QDOS Accounting would rate no more than 3 stars.
Have been with Qaccounting for over a year and now want to do a review, Have had two previous Accountants with issues but QAccounting are brilliant, the best service and really helpful support, cant recommend enough.
Really is great Accountancy firm with super easy set up, will go out of their way to answer questions and do what they can for you, and special thanks to Agam (account manager) for making everything run smoothly.
Very happy with QDos in general and Agam Saini in particular. I have been a client since 2015 and can’t think of a single instance where I found the service lacking. I am impressed by their professionalism. I found Agam to be responsive, very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend QDos.
QAccounting is rated 4.55 based on 222 reviews