The Private Therapy Clinic Reviews

The Private Therapy Clinic 5 star review on 16th March 2022
The Private Therapy Clinic 5 star review on 21st March 2019
The Private Therapy Clinic 5 star review on 10th November 2017
The Private Therapy Clinic 5 star review on 24th January 2017
This service has changed my life massively, the support and service really goes the extra mile. Previously I couldn't find a therapy/therapist that suited me but since finding the private therapy clinic I have felt like the service I receive is tailored for me and I couldn't be more grateful for all the help they have given me. Service:11/10 would 100% recommend to anyone
(Agata Podstepska) - Posted 1 year ago
I would like to thank Tamara Licht for her professional assessment of our son. She not only gave the right diagnose but also agreed to take part in a very difficult meeting between us, local authority and school in regard to EHCP assessment of our son. She supported us through out the all process. We couldn't thank her more.
(Tamara Licht Musso) - Posted 1 year ago
From my experience there I'm very surprised at the number of near perfect reviews on this site. I went there because I was diagnosed by an NHS professional therapist with having PTSD and depression from a rape. I also seriously struggled with the pressures of the criminal justice system after I reported it and the way I was treated by the courts which wasn't good at all. I was booked in with a therapist. I told her I found it very triggering when I read small-minded views in the news about rape like "it's her fault if she was wearing a short skirt". She told me this is a legitimate opinion. I explained how that is in no way legitimate and contributes to rape culture and illegal behaviour. She told me that it is legitimate and is a debatable opinion like Brexit. My jaw hit the floor that she could say this to a rape victim who is struggling and happened to be wearing a short skirt on the night of the crime. I then went on to explain how difficult it was for me after I reported it and how I wasn't treated well at all by the police and courts. She said that it has to be this way because many women lie and innocent men can be convicted. I couldn't believe what I was hearing from a trained therapist who could be dealing with traumatised victims. I left her office in tears, totally deflated. I called the office and told them what had happened in our session. They didn't seem concerned by what the therapist had said and made no effort to investigate further. They did transfer me to another therapist who at first seemed nice and caring but I came to realize after several weeks and a lot of money was either totally out of her depth or stringing a vulnerable person along with the longest therapy possible. After around 7 sessions we didn't even have a plan for treatment. She told me I could give you the EMDR (which is what an NHS therapist and psychiatrist recommended) and that would resolve your problem very quickly but I think you need to go this other route which was going to take WAY longer and not even address depression or PTSD. This gave me an indication that maybe this place didn't have my best interests at heart. Maybe I was a pay check and the longer I was there and not healed the longer they would be seeing £££. Maybe not, but then the alternative was that this therapist was incompetent and going against the diagnosis of an NHS therapist and a psychiatrist.... Wanting to treat something totally different than depression when you have a rape victim in front of you who is showing every symptom of depression? Strange. This was a while ago. I have since had other help and have had the successful recovery I hoped I could have had from them. Other therapy has given me the tools to be able to cope one day at a time. I never had anything remotely close to that from the private therapy clinic. I'm reflecting on my time there to warn other vulnerable people to be wary of this place and their "too good to be true" near perfect reviews. I have scars from my time there as well as a hole in my bank account for nothing.
It was my first time trying out proper psychotherapy and mindfulness. I was nervous to say the least-there was a lot riding on this for me as I traveled to London for my sessions from abroad. From day 1 there was progress. The psychologist was clear, professional and easily established a good rapport with me. We now continue my sessions via video calling, and its been a very good experience from beginning to present. I would recommend my psychologist to anyone.
(Tamara Licht Musso) - Posted 2 years ago
I was pleased to be reintroduced to Mindfulness but I'm not used to therapy where the therapist does 85% of the talking.
Have had a couple of sessions each month with Tamara Licht. Tamara has helped me open up about my feelings and determine what was triggering my emotions and feelings of depression, helping me focusing on myself and what is good for me and realising that I deserve a happy life.
(Tamara Licht Musso) - Posted 11 months ago
Great service from the moment we got in touch with the reception to the phycologist we saw, Tamara Licht. Prompt responses via different communication channels. Experienced and reliable professionals. Our phycologist, Tamara Licht, performed dyslexia tests for both our teenagers in a comfortable and stress free environment followed by detailed reports and support. My 16 year old son attends weekly session now with Tamara to help him with all the difficulties he is experiencing as a result of not knowing that he had dyslexia and had no support until now. Would highly recommend the services provided by the clinic and Tamara.
(Tamara Licht Musso) - Posted 11 months ago
Earlier this year I was suffering with low mood and depression, I sought the help of a therapist and currently working with Phodios Matheou. I have found his sessions extremely helpful in looking for new perspectives about different situations and helping me deal with negative thoughts/feelings. He is also extremely passionate and empathetic and understands what I'm trying to say, even if I feel it doesn't make sense how I'm explaining it. This has been extremely helpful with feeling understood and being able to trust someone, when this was one of my biggest issues.
(Phodios Matheou) - Posted 11 months ago
Private Therapy Clinic offered me a very beneficial experience and helped me in many areas to discover solutions and options but it was also an important factor in self-understanding and overcoming obstacles. I had a very pleasant experience for the mind and the therapist was very specific and nice. I will call now for services whenever I need them.
(Adam Baiza) - Posted 1 year ago
Olga is really helping us out of a bit of trouble we have in our relationship. Major progress have been made through practical and tailored advices. Her range of advisory also extends into other domains (e.g. stress management) which was useful in our case. Overall we are extremely happy to have sought her support and can wholeheartedly recommend her.
(Olga Pacholec) - Posted 1 year ago
Dr. Matthew Sawa is calm and compassionate. He goes beyond what was expected to care for me as a patient. He applies his wealth of experience to tailor his approach to my needs and has provided practical guidance for myself, my family and my employer with my mental health condition. He uses a holistic approach by combining safer medication, dietary advice and the use of state-of-the-art electronic treatments. He is insightful and is able to detect any subtle changes in my condition. I have been fortunate to be under his care and I highly recommend him without hesitation.
(Dr. Matthew Sawa) - Posted 1 year ago
The therapy sessions have really been helping me and I’ve benefitted from them greatly
(Vasiliki Gofa (Vivi)) - Posted 1 year ago
I benefited immensely form schema therapy. I had to stop on redundancy
(Avesta Panahi) - Posted 1 year ago
Tanja Bozic is very empathy and professional. She introduces me a great book to read and gives some homeworks after the session, very helpful. Sessions with her were very helpful and life-changing.
(Tanja Bozic) - Posted 1 year ago
The treatment and service at Private Therapy Clinic has been amazing. It really helped to provide a safe space to share my thoughts/feelings and immediately made me feel comfortable enough to do so. I am very thankful I found this clinic when I did.
(Avesta Panahi) - Posted 1 year ago
I am glad I found The Private Therapy Clinic! My therapist Dr Rossi was always very understanding and worked according to my pace and needs. After 7 months of weekly sessions I feel greater than ever. Dr Rossi helped me build a strong relationship with myself and overcome anxiety. I am forever thankful and so very happy to have chosen this clinic!
(Dr. Daniela Rossi) - Posted 1 year ago
I had a course of 20 sessions that really helped me with my issues. Not that the issue is gone, but I now have a better understanding of how to manage it and how to approach it when it arises, which is the goal of the module. It really helped me put things into perspective and understand myself better. I would highly recommend Daniela.
(Dr. Daniela Rossi) - Posted 1 year ago
I have seen Dra. Francesca Dutti and as a professional she is amazing. She has really helped me and I would recommend her to anyone that needs help. In terms of the clinic, I think some improvements should be made since there is no waiting area and you need to wait outside of the door standing until the doctor comes to see you. That means that you cannot have any water or even going to the toilet. Also there is no secretary in case you need something else. To the quality of the doctors working there I think the clinic itself is very poor in terms of infrastructures.
Thanks for the review. Francesca certainly is a great Psychiatrist. There is a waiting area downstairs and we ask clients to come into our actual consultation space at the time of their appointment for confidentiality reasons so that clients have full privacy when coming and leaving their appointment. The loos are on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor which are always available for you to use. The practitioner will always offer you water when you arrive at the time of your appointment. There is no receptionist in the evening therefore we ask clients to attend at the time of there appointment when the practitioner will always be ready to greet them. I noticed your appointment was an evening appointment, if you ever need to reach us after working hours (6pm) our admin team will always be available on 02081507563 24/7. If there is anything more we can help with just let us know.
I was assigned to see Vjosa. She is a very experienced therapist, gave me her time, listened to me thoroughly and was very empathetic and understanding towards my situation. She helped me very much so in just one session. I would highly recommend Vjosa for anyone needing a supportive, calm and understanding person to talk to. She has a very calming presence about her and does not pressure you into expressing or doing anything you are uncomfortable with. Everything is done at your pace and in your time. I certainly would give Vjosa a five star rating and will definitely be visiting the clinic again in the near future.
(Vjosa Hyseni) - Posted 5 years ago
Prior to approaching the Private Therapy Clinic, I had been in and out of therapy on the NHS for the past 8 years. In a nutshell, I have been treated for symptoms of childhood trauma manifesting themselves in my adult life, from anxiety to relationship issues. So severe did these symptoms become last year that I found myself struggling to hold on. Suffice to say that sustained therapy with Dr Spelman has seen me completely turn my life around in just a few months. I have no doubt that with her continued support long-term change will be achieved such that I can live my life free of trauma for good. Already I find myself relating to myself and the world around me in a much more healthy way, with negative thought patterns acquired over two decades ago replaced with more healthy ways of thinking. I should also add that Dr Spelman and her staff are friendly, personable and do not apply a 'one-size-fits-all' method of therapy. Your sessions will be tailored to your needs, with out of hours support provided if necessary. It may look like a big investment in the short-term, but in my case the result seems to be long-term health and happiness. I would encourage others to follow suit and recommend the Private Therapy Clinic without hesitation.
(Dr. Rebecca Spellman) - Posted 5 years ago