NordicTrack Reviews

72% of reviewers recommend NordicTrack
"The machine is good, but the built-in exercise programs leave a lot to be desired."
Michael Pas
"where are the goods?"
Toby Collins
Verified Buyer
"The purchase was simple using the website . the product arrived and I was informed through out on th products progress. It arrived in good condition and the item was easy to put together following the instructions. very happy with the product."
Gary Grimstead
Verified Buyer
"Still not delivered items and service to date has been unacceptable."
"I'm pleased with the build quality of the treadmill. Unfortunately the iFit app spoils the overall effect - it is absolutely dreadful and I believe completely mis-sold."
Eugene Winter
Verified Buyer
"Good communication for delivery time, and accurate turn up. My Treadmill was packaged very well and was in perfect condition with all parts required. Instruction were clear and it took about 3 hours to assemble in a methodical manner. Set up and first use was trouble free connecting ti the internet and having our first go. The item is very heavy but i removed everything from the box leaving just the heavy main part and we managed to get it upstairs with still a lot of effort. Good solid piece of kit with lots of variety and easy to use iFit if you subscribe where you can duplicate your real walks or runs by road."
"The exercise bike arrived without any nuts and bolts to screw it together, this was almost two weeks ago and apparently they won’t be here for another week. Hugely disappointing."
Simon Easter
Verified Buyer
"Delivery was fast and the driver's where very helpful. The product was extremely well packaged and very secure. The instructions where very clear and it took me about 90 minutes (easy going and with a glass of wine). I did assemble it on my own, but another pair of hands would have been helpful. The Treadmill once constructed is very solid and professional looking. Using it is a complete joy and very satisfying. The belt runs very smoothly and quiet. The surface is very comfortable to run on and the added cushioning means I do not suffer with my back. Just starting with the Couch to 5k and think that this machine will keep me going for a long time. Another great product by NordicTrack."
Raymond Simpson
Verified Buyer
"Still waiting on my puchase two weeks later and had two promises from nordic staff going to call back but no calls obviously they don’t bother about your reputation"
Steven Kelly
Verified Buyer
"Product seems to be fit for purpose and has good functionality."
Lee Knight
Verified Buyer
"Fantastic equipment. Brilliantly service"
Hilary Anderson
Verified Buyer
"Great bit of kit. I'm getting physio after badly smashing my ankle and it's going to be great bit of kit to get me back to full strength."
Bill Bridge
Verified Buyer
"For the purposes of this review I will split it out into 6 sections covering the following topics:- 1. Sales Order 2. Delivery and delivery teams 3. Pre and Post-Sales Support 4. Mechanical Operation 5. Electronics 6. Programmed Workouts I will assign a value of 1-5 stars and then average these out to provide an overall award out of 5 stars. 1. Sales Order (4 stars) I originally wanted a SE9i compact Elliptical trainer but could not find one for sale in the UK, even at NordicTracks own shopfront, I therefore opted for the lower spec’d SE7i Elliptical trainer which I could only find new on NordicTracks website. Ordering was easy and straightforward with a variety of payment methods available. Information on the product was available but not in detail therefore a store visit might prove more useful if you are looking for advice. The only criticisms I have is the additional £100 charge if you want someone to assemble the machine, which was only two stablising legs and a tablet holder! 2. Delivery and delivery teams (1 Star) Having researched a number of stores the standard delivery time was between next day and three working days. NordicTrack quoted up to 10 working days (actual delivery was 6 working days). The original equipment was delivered in a state which meant that it had to be returned, the frame was bent, 6 plastic panels were broken, and the motor which drives the incline ramp had sheared from the frame leaving the this pivot point loose and unable to be folded back to its original position (more on this later). While this is not directly attributable to NordicTrack, it did reflect badly on their chosen delivery partners. A replacement machine was received (another 5 working days later) and I observed the delivery team in action this time. I was shocked to see that despite the packaging clearly showing “this way up” the machine was stood in the van in an upright fashion, and even more worryingly it was simply pushed over without any support to land hard in its correct position with a serious thud. I feared that I have another damaged unit, however only one or two plastic panels had been dislodged and I managed to click these together again without causing any further damage. The one start reflects the condition of the machines and delivery, had this been better then it would have been three stars. 3. Pre and Post-Sales Support (2 Stars) I will state upfront that I have mixed opinions on this. I was originally dealing with a sales administrator (Joshua Brooks) who was supportive, knowledgeable and extremely timely in his interactions with myself and had this been my only experience my rating would be a five stars without any hesitation. HOWEVER my experience with post-sales support team member George C was the complete opposite, perhaps in part due to company policy. The original machine was obviously badly damaged yet the first response from NordicTrack was to send out some replacement parts for me to fit myself. Let me state here that when I buy a piece of equipment brand new from the manufacturer I do not expect to have to carry out repairs to make that equipment serviceable from the start. I would have no problems doing so IF the machine was damaged while in my care or as part of a regular maintenance overhaul, but certainly not when first receiving brand new goods. I can understand the costs involved in returning the machine, however that is not my concern as a customer, the least I would have expected is a refund as part of a good will gesture. I note NordicTrack charge £100 for the unit to be assembled in your home, however the repair that I was originally asked to do was more labour intensive yet they wanted me to do this free of charge? Perhaps a 5-10% refund would be appropriate as a thank you and apology for the inconvenience caused. Alternatively a year’s free membership to NordickTrack (Icon fitness) iFit program could be an alternative option to offer their customers on an either/or basis while reducing actual monetary transfer. Having viewed the damage while the machine was in the box I knew the goods would require returning but I was asked to take pictures of the damage before anything could be done, this would mean tearing open the box as directed on the box itself (effectively making it non safe for returning). Once submitted I had expected the replacement to be accelerated through NordicTrack order system to prevent further inconvenience however this was not the case. The broken machine was sitting in the middle of my living room floor for a full seven days awaiting collection. This was due to the final resting place being in an upstairs room and me having to pay a local handyman team £25 to lift the machine into the training room. I was not willing to spend a further £50 (£25 up and £25 down) when the problem was caused by NordicTracks failed delivery. When arranging the replacement machine I was given a list of terms and conditions which had to be met otherwise I would be charged for the delivery. These included, but was not limited to, either ensuring the unit is fully assembled by myself (remember that £100 charge NordicTrack charges for this) OR placed into a suitable box for its return. I originally planned to assemble the machine as the box was torn open to take the pictures asked for my NordicTrack's service team member, however the machine when assembled would not fit through my house doors and when I asked NordicTracks customer service team member if the courier could collect from an outside location I was advised it would have to be uplifted from a ground floor room within my house! I therefore enquired externally about the cost of a replacement box but was quoted over £200 for a one off box of this size and strength, needless to say I patched up the original box and put the machine in there even though the broken incline motor made closing the box fully impossible and the box may not provide the level of protection I would have preferred. Summarising, not once was any apology or empathy shown by NordicTrack's customer service team member, customers should not be expected to locally repair goods which have been damaged in transit without having some recompense for the inconvenience and your return policy appears not to be fast enough or flexible enough to accommodate the reality of real life situations. Sales Assistant Joshua saved this from being a 1 star review. 4. Mechanical Operation (4 Star) The machine once installed is sturdy well built and operates in a very high quality manner. The plastic panels may be liable to come apart on shipment but otherwise the materials used are both high quality and well finished. 5. Electronics (3 star) The electronics are functional to a degree but while displaying live telemetry do not allow for user profiling (this requires the iFit subscription). One of the key things I was looking for was heartrate zone training and a reasonable calorie count measure. When looking at the on-line information I noticed the BPM meter has what I believed to be prescribed lines showing the three training zones. However there is no way to input my age (or height and weight) therefore the heartrate zone markings on the machine are useless and therefore also misleading. The units own manual suggests that for a user of my age the heartrate for fat burning should be around 105bpm, for maximum fat burning 118bpm, and for aerobic exercise 130bpm, yet the first designated line on the electronic display starts at 140 bpm! The calorie counter (I am aware this is always an estimate) cannot take into account a user’s body weight therefore is unable to differentiate in any way between the calories expended by my lightweight wife and my own rugby prop forward physique! Connectivity via Bluetooth was instant to both my iPad and Wahoo Bluetooth heart rate monitor while the fan and speakers add a little extra to the workout sessions helping making them more enjoyable. Button presses were firm but functional as expected from a membrane type user interface. I was however disappointed that the unit showed RPM instead of the more usual SPM (Steps Per Minute) but this is liveable with after a little simple arithmetic! 6. Programmed Workouts (2 Star) There is very little information on what these workouts entail beyond the initial on screen indications which shows expected rpm and maximum working levels. However I expected a progressive work rate with difficulties increasing as you progressed through the series of inbuilt units, and while I haven’t tried each individual one yet the information displayed about max rpm and resistance levels suggest otherwise. Also as there is no method of inputting user age, height and weight (and no apparent automated referencing to live heart rates) the programs must only be suitable for one body type therefore useless to anyone outside of the standard one size fits all and "standard fitness level" profile installed on the machine. This is a real disappointment and I would have expected some level of auto control in a workout program on a machine costing £1300 RRP without the need to invest further in an iFit membership."
Paul Stuart
Verified Buyer
"Prompt service and delivery and a quality product,well made components which fitted together very well. Overall very pleased but no more than I expected from a company with Nordic Track fitness credentials."
"Machine arrived, and after assembly it failed to work, the electronics didnt register pedal turns. Logged a fault was told that i would be contacted by an engineer within 2 days, no contact for 5 days told they couldn't arrive for another week. This was not satisfactory so contacted by phone to arrange faulty product return and refund. customer service agent then hung up the phone on me. So 2 weeks later I still am down £500 and have a broken machine."
Catherine Reynolds
Verified Buyer
"The treadmill I received a week ago is damaged. As it stands now I am still having to liaise with your customer service team regarding a replacement or compensation and am left with a damaged treadmill which I paid £700 for. I was offered an extended 3 month warranty which is quite frankly ridiculous given the fact that as it's damaged the warranty is already breached and your clear breach of your obligations under the Part 1 Chapter 2 of Consumer Act 2015. I am incredibly disappointed and frustrated at the level of customer service I have received to date."
"Absolute brilliant bit of equipment, quiet, sturdy, and loads of programs, haven't got round to the ifit yet but will do shortly"
Ian Durrant
Verified Buyer
"We never purchased a Nordic as we put off by the many negative comments about After Sales Service and Customer Service. All reviews comment this as the main negative aspect. Having said that when I mistakenly ordered one (!) they were quick to cancel the order at my request....."
Robert Miller
Verified Buyer
"easy to assemble and straight quick set up to start training. only downside is that the instructions do not tell you fit post bushes at the beginning - no mention of these item in assembly at all"
"Easy assembly; machine operation quiet; short delivery timescale."
NordicTrack is rated 3.92 based on 411 reviews