MoneyPlus Advice Reviews

of reviewers recommend MoneyPlus Advice
Telephone, Live Chat, Email
Read MoneyPlus Advice Reviews

Tell us how MoneyPlus Advice made you happy
Originally was happy with there service , however as time has gone on they have pestered me constantly for annual updates , which I give them also there Fees on my management plan have increased over the years meaning my debtors receive a lower repayments as a direct increase in Money plus group fees
Hi, thank you for your feedback – the annual reviews are a really important part of your plan, so we do take them pretty seriously. We need to confirm certain things to ensure that your solution is still suitable, and it's part of our regulations. We have taken a look into this, and we can see that your review is now very overdue, which is why we’ve been trying to reach you. We’re currently working on a way for our customers to complete their reviews online, but until this launches later this year, you’ll still need to complete one over the phone. Regarding our fees, we charge a fixed amount for our services and the only increase in the last 12 years occurred in 2018. We're sorry if this now seems unmanageable for you, but an annual review will help to identify your best, most affordable outcome. Thanks, MoneyPlus Advice.
I was advised I would get an email regarding important information this did not happen! And I was shouted at by a member of staff
Do not under any circumstances use this company, it took over my debt and since that that time they have defaulted on payments over paid accounts yet still took their management fee. Please talk to your bank credit card company or a free government approved agency, in over 5yrs I have paid over £30000 for a debt much less but due to my mental health issues did not know what else to do, but I do now... financial ombudsman here I come
Hi Jennifer, thanks for your feedback. Our compliance team has tried to call you to speak to you more about this. Please could you give us a call on 0161 837 4321 at your earliest convenience? Thanks, MoneyPlus.
I had to leave 1 star just to leave a review but even that is to much. A new tenant 5 houses from me decided to swap there electric supplier . Money plus Energy have switched mine instead.this has now broken my contract with MY supplier , who say they can’t do anything . I am going to see a solicitor as surely this can’t be allowed and breaks some kind of data protection act . I contacted Money Plus Energy yesterday, gave them all the details , they acted concerned apologised and said they would get back to me very quickly . I have had no reply .
Having now looked into this matter properly we can see that this problem arose because we were given the wrong information during a switch process. Although you didn’t ask to switch, the energy meter number that we were given related to your property. It’s not right that this happened to you as neither you nor MoneyPlus Energy has in fact done anything wrong. As soon as we became aware, the regulated erroneous transfer process was triggered. Since this was brought to our attention, we have been working closely with you and your supplier to ensure that the matter is reversed.
Had an IVA, it finished in December. It's now mid September and still no completion certificate. Been told there is nothing outstanding and no particular reason!
Thanks for your feedback, as discussed we're looking into your complaint and will be in touch shortly. Thanks, MoneyPlus.
Been with money plus since they changed there name rang the two months ago to ask for a list of what I owed so I could pay it all off they said they would ring back never got a phone call the exact same happens a month later my guess is as they won't get my monthly admin fee they don't want to help
Thanks for your review, we can’t find your account from the information given here but we’d really like to discuss this with you further. Please email complaints@moneyplus.com and we can look into it for you. Thanks, MoneyPlus.
The representative was very unfriendly and unhelpful as you will find on your phone recordings very judgemental.
Hi there, we’re very sorry to hear that you haven’t had a good experience with us. We definitely never want anyone to feel judged. One of our team will look into your feedback and contact you directly.
I am not happy with money plus they told me my I v a was paid off but still have not had settle ment notice after constant phone calls I think I'm being fobed off I'm still owed money by my bank and have not heard and when trying to phone just now I'm told money plus is not available
We’re sorry to hear that you’re not happy and would really like to discuss this with you further. From the details left on this review, we can’t locate you in our system but please call on 0161 837 4717 and we can get to the bottom of your query. Thanks, MoneyPlus.
MoneyPlus took over my debt management plan from Baines & Ernst 2 years ago. After reviewing my old B&E statements and comparing them to my current statement from MoneyPlus I am in fact £3,700 deeper in debt after 2 years! In that 2 year period I paid them a total of £4,800! How does that work? They must have added £8,500 to my debt! Debt Management Plans are a scam and the only way to win this game is not to play.
Hi there, we’ve been trying to contact you to discuss your Debt Management Plan. The figures you’ve mentioned here don’t seem to tally with the information we hold or the balances which you can monitor through your customer portal (visit www.moneyplus.com/portal). We’d be grateful if you could contact us on 0161 837 4000 and we’ll confirm your balances with you. Thanks, MoneyPlus.
Been over 6 months of me finishing IVA still have no completion letter and still on insolvency register. Contacted them waiting for PPI, they waited 5 years before putting a claim in WTF! Considering they have had consent from me in year 1 to claim for it...
Hi there, we're sorry that there seems to have been a delay. I've passed your comment onto our IVA department and someone will be in touch. thanks, MoneyPlus
They take your money and keep it for ages without paying your debts off! They do not get in touch! So you ring them and the persons busy they say they will call you back but never do. Sent 3 emails no replies. Request a call at a certain time and they call you a completely different time and date! Even though ive paid them an instalment, they said they cant pay them off as they dont have creditor details 1 2 weeks after. What have they been doing for 2 week? Claiming intrest probably! Charge over the odds, and 2 months after i payed them creditors have sold my debts on? Now where has my money gone? Awful avoid
Thanks for posting a comment here, we’re sorry to hear that you experienced issues with your account and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further. Please either call us on 0161 837 4000 or alternatively send an email to info@moneyplus.com and we can arrange to call you at a time that works for you. Thanks.
this company is just like any other business .and make no mistake ,it's out to make money how can they justify almost doubling the fees during the past year I pay £150 a month of which £45 gets taken off for fees, how would they care for an assessment of where the money goes?I have been in a debt management plan since 2010 and can hardly see a drop in the total owed in nearly 9 years.But they know that they have people over a barrel so it carries on there should be a government investigation into the fees charged and rates they charge capped just as happened recently with payday lenders , who like Moneyplus are out to fleece the vulnerable.
We are sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the service from MoneyPlus and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this in more detail with you. As you have not provided any contact details we’d like you to email complaints@moneyplus.com and one of our team can get in touch. MoneyPlus is a privately owned business which charges for its services. The fees are a flat rate fee for all customers. The business is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and we have exceptionally high standards and high levels of customer satisfaction. There are free to use debt advice agencies, we will have informed you of these alternatives when you joined and at your annual review stage. You can contact the Money Advice Service for more information about free debt advice at any time. We hope we have the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail.
Do not use the company I am coming to end of my lVA they are to find every reason in the book to make me fail trying to tell me I have naver provided bank statements how do you get though six years without doing this this company will do everything to make you fail naver of the phone making your life a misery do not let these good comments fool you there is much better company out there to help and my advice do not go into Iva especially with these you are better of bankruptcy
One of our advisors will be in touch with you to provide an update on your case. IVAs can offer a great way to get out of debt quicker but as they are also a formal agreement, there are certain verification steps that must be taken.
Don't trust this company they will drive you crazy.not helping you they help them selfs.
We can’t find a record of you in our customer database from the details left here, but we’d like to discuss this post with you further. Please contact us by calling 0800 988 2318 Thanks.
I am on IVA with money plus since 2012 my last payment was may 2017 but they say they have to extand the term to November 2017 because of some arrear. so I contact them when they will close my iva they say after last review now they asking for more proffs and all last year bank statement.we are on December 2018 please be aware that ones you get in to IVA there is no way out plus this company are not honest and they will make your life hell.this is my experience with theme.I wish I went for bankruptcy instead.
Thanks for your message, I believe one of our advisors has now spoken to you and we’re looking into your case in detail to see if there’s any more we can do to help. If you need us in the meantime, don’t hesitate to call on 0800 988 2318 Thanks.
Want to book my review thanks
My debt management plan started in 2011 with Blackberry, and Money plus, I think are the third company to manage it. I suppose on the plus side they have kept kept my creditors at bay although, they've been compensated (nearly £500 per year) which I dont have a problem with. I suppose my issue (following my last review) is being dictated to by people who sound as if they've just left school on what i spend on haircuts, christmas presents etc. Unlike the glossy adverts and many of your reviews, i specifically DID NOT FEEL in control (quite the opposite.) Luckily i was in a position to clear my debts and take back control without answering to a 16 year old. I also didnt like being asked (repeatedly) about priority debts which incidently Money Plus, ive never been in debt with and quite frankly is none of your bloody business! Even when I cleared the debt in full i was asked, where I got the funds from? Again what right do you have to ask? When I challanged this, I was told something spurious about a duty of care..... Now maybe some people cant be trusted to manage their own affairs, and need this patronising level of interfering, but surely in this day and age that one size fits all, "this is how we do things" approach went out of fashion 30 years ago, and if you're offering a service it needs to be tailor made for the client. Its our DMP after all, not yours. After reading some of your smug "answer for everything" replies to complaints, dont bother responding to mine, im well rid of you. Wish i had done it years ago. But maybe you might want to think on some of my comments.
We are sorry that you feel this way. We are required to ask all of our customers about their incomings and outgoings, priority debts and assets under the regulations that apply to all firms who give debt advice. You can find the FCA regulations here https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/CONC/8/ With regards to settling your debts, Money Laundering regulatory requirements then come into play which means that we must establish the source of funds for large transactions. We apologise if this has at times felt patronising and will take your comments on board.
After paying back my creditors for 5 1/2 years i am now back to square one, because somebody has fraud against my name and did not tell the IVA or me and they accepted the IVA and now want their money back and I have to fight this because the the IVA, have taken their word, should I have been advised to go into an IVA, I think we know the answer to that and I am not going to take this laying down.
Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that one of our advisors has spoken to you and we’re doing everything we can to assist you with your case. Once we have an update from the creditor in question we’ll be sure to let you know. If you need us in the meantime please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thanks, MoneyPlus.
No statements trying to increase my initial monthly payment by 8 times, asking for information that has been sent then losing said information, getting expenditure wrong can't add up incoming and outgoings and think 50%of £331 is £231
Thanks for alerting us to this, our tech team are looking into it now and we'll be in touch. If you have any questions in the meantime please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0800 988 2318 or by emailing info@moneyplus.com
So I now get a message that I cant reply to (coincidence????) saying they have left voicemails for me...... totally untrue. I have no voicemails from them on landline or mobile... still waiting to speak to someone........ as I have been for 6 weeks..........
Hi Joanne, Unfortunately, we are unable to reply through Reviews.co.uk but you can contact us directly by emailing info@moneyplus.com. I believe one of our advisers has now been in touch but please do email if you require any further assistance. Thanks, MoneyPlus
MoneyPlus Advice is rated 4.81 based on 2,194 reviews