Modern Living Reviews

Read Modern Living Reviews

sales@modernlivingdirect.co.uk

2-4 Duncome Way

Tell us how Modern Living made you happy
Excellent customer service. Need to make it more clear about what is being delivered by Pallet Service. I purchased a Cooker Hood and it arrived strangely on Pallet, which poses problems when living in a Flat. Should let the customer decide on what delivery service they want, not decide for them.
Expensive for what it is, especially when it arrives bent from the delivery process. Arrived quickly however.
problem connecting the waste from the sink on to standard kitchen sink plumbing of 1.5inch had to discard the one supplied and bought a kit from a D.I.Y. store. suggest a full size template for cutting the sink into the worktop
The price was competitive but then the delivery charge bumped up the cost. Disappointed that no-one bothered to tell me that the item was awaited from the manufacturer and I had to chase for a delivery date.
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave the review. The comment about the lead time is fair and we do apologise. There have been some large stock orders for Bosch this month and the extra layer of admin has caused maybe a 10 day lead time on some orders. We should have done better with the communication, but we will be back to normal in the New Year. In terms of the delivery charge, we try to be (and believe we are) upfront and transparent with the large item delivery charges. They show on the Google shopping and other comparison sites and are fully visible in the basket before checkout and before any details are entered. At that point, if the total delivered cost is no longer competitive, then there is no obligation to continue with the purchase.
Good product, arrived within time-frame. Courier could have been more helpful.
Hi. Sorry to hear there was an issue with the courier. We hate it when that happens as it reflects badly on us. Send us a message and we'll look into it further for you. Thanks, Craig.
Nothing wrong with product on initial inspection. But no acknowledgement of order received or information about delivery. Left me wondering if the order had gone through at all, until money went from account.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Upon payment, a confirmation email is automatically sent out. Very often they end up in Junk/Spam folders - but it is a fully automated system done by the website software. Something may well have gone wrong with it for your order - but we wouldn't be able to see that on our end. The company delivering the bath would have called you to arrange the delivery and agreed a delivery date with you in advance.
The ordering process was simple enough although I did have to resubmit payment details as I missed a bit at an earlier stage. The site offered the best price for the item I was looking for, despite the hefty postage charge. I received an indication from the delivery company last night that the item was due to arrive today. I emailed them to request delivery after 2pm if possible or for the item to be left in a safe place. As it transpired the item was small enough to fit through the letterbox and it was 'posted' in that fashion. The box was dented and when I opened the box and took off the bubble wrap and found the there was a chip/scratch on the enamel, which is right through to the bare metal and will no doubt rust, given that it will be used in a steam oven. I don't think this was a delivery problem, rather a quality control issue on the part of the manufacturer. I assume I will just have to accept my lot and hope for the best. I note that the delivery company indicate the item was signed for. Not entirely accurate given that the house was empty at the time. Would I use this company again? Yes, but I would rather that an item was inspected prior to dispatch to avoid disappointment.
The dishwasher arrived less than a week after being ordered however it was delivered only to our front door and we had to get it into the kitchen. I did not see this when I ordered it and being in our seventies this was not satisfactory.
We were told to expect a call 1 hour before delivery which did not happen. My wife was surprised that the delivery man wanted to leaving the washing on the kerb leaving for her and our neighbour's daughter to get it undercover in our house. Reluctantly the delivery man got it as far as our door and then left it for my wife and neighbour to get it into the house.
I'm really sorry you had a poor experience with the delivery service. We have had a few comments recently regarding this, and although it's a 3rd party delivering this, it does reflect badly on us. We have added clearer information on the delivery tab on our products delivered using the palletised service so hopefully customers aren’t surprised by this. It’s not something we try and hide and is in our delivery page which appears at the top of all our pages, but we’ve taken on board comments that it could be clearer and made changes. Pallet deliveries should be wheeled as close to your door as possible, but taking it into your property is unfortunately not included due to insurance restrictions. The pallet service works really well with multiple appliances and if you have workmen on site working on your kitchen. 2 man delivery is possible on certain product lines, but our costs start at £60 per delivery and we lose the ability to deliver on weekday of choice to fit with your schedule. They will have set routes and deliver on certain days only, so it’s a trade-off we haven’t solved yet, but we are constantly looking to improve and are on the lookout for delivery partners who can offer the same flexibility we have now. Thank you for the order, and once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
I find it VERY irritating to be asked to write a review BEFORE the item ordered has arrived. Enough said I think
Hmmm. It was posted on Friday for delivery today (Monday) and presumably you received the request some point over the weekend. But the good news is your review still qualifies you for our prize draw to win £250, good luck!
Just wanted to say that although I was very impressed with your website, ordering service and advice I am feeling very disappointed that I did not have enough information or clarity on the pitfalls of fitting this as a flush to ceiling fan as it is advertised on the website. Having spent a lot of money on this product my fitters are now spending a lot of extra time ( a whole afternoon and possibly tomorrow morning) on fitting this item at a lower level to the ceiling. This is also incurring extra cost for time, labour and furniture for fitting. If It had been made clear to me how difficult this would have been to fit I would never have purchased this product and chosen another product, as a hood or low fan is not what I wanted. Sadly I do feel slightly mis-sold with this product and know due to partly being installed that I cannot return it as originally packaged. I am not usually an 'online shopper' so feel this would discourage me from any future purchases or recommendations.
Modern Living is rated 4.75 based on 557 reviews