Modern Living Reviews

Read Modern Living Reviews

sales@modernlivingdirect.co.uk

2-4 Duncome Way

Tell us how Modern Living made you happy
I ordered 3 weeks ago with no acknowledgment of order had to call said they would get back to me but haven't . Please advise when order will be delivered or cancel.
Really late deliver and poor customer service.
Box and extractor van delivered damaged so gave it back to delivery guy!
Arrived wrong day broke the key I’m my lock on the gate at the side of the house
Delivery driver pretended to attempt delivery, I was in , no card put through. In fairness whoever answered the phone was great but I have still not received anything.
Received an email saying that my order had arrived at 10.05 Tuesday morning. No sign of it .no Card to say where it is . Can someone let me know what’s happening.
We are very sorry about this. When we contacted our delivery partners chasing this we found this was delivered to a neighbour. The driver did not follow protocol and incorrectly labelled it delivered instead of left with a neighbour - which has caused all this unnecessary chasing round and left us with a 1 star review. You haven't come back to us - so we assume you managed to collect it ok.
Item arrived damage and Modern Living would not replace. Accused me of damaging it, effectively saying I was a lier when I told them it had been delivered damaged. Very poor customer service, will not be recommending!
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's never nice to say no to people and you word it as if we were unpleasant or unprofessional, which we certainly were not. You reported damage 28 days after delivery. At this point there is no recourse for compensation from the delivery agents and no way to verify how and when the damage occurred - which is how we worded it in the correspondence. Always check within a day anything you have delivered (from any online store). The photos you sent show it would have been clearly visible from looking into the box with even taking the item out.
I ordered 2 items totalling over £1000. Delivery stated 3-5 working days. After 7 working days I called to find out what was going on. I was told it would be dispatched on that day and would arrive 2 days later. 2 days later I received no dispatch info or my item so I phoned again and was told my item was out of stock, so I asked for a full refund immediately. 2 weeks on I'm still waiting for my refund which is totally unacceptable. I am told they do all of their refunds at the end of the month - again this is not acceptable. Overall poor communication and keen to keep hold of your money when they haven't delivered the goods.
Hi. I've looked into this and although some of what you describe above doesn't match the phone recordings I've just listened to, I wholeheartedly agree that waiting two weeks for your refund of a cancelled order is unacceptable. Your refund has been processed and the proof was emailed to you before you wrote the review, it does unfortunately take a couple of working days to work its way through the banking system. We can't hurry that up or else we would. Staff absence and holidays created a bit of a mix up with the paperwork and a delay with accounts processing the refund. We hate bad reviews and will work hard to make sure delays like this don't happen again.
I'd rate this zero stars if I could. My item was out of stock, despite no warning on the site stating this before I had committed to buying. Then customer services tried to get me to switch to a different model which may not have fitted my appliance. When the goods finally were sent 3 weeks later, the logistics firm wouldn't leave the delivery in a safe place as instructed, and wouldn't redeliver on a weekend or bank holiday. So I had to go to their depot, which was in a different county to my house, having to make a train journey especially and then walk for 45mins. E-commerce should not work this way. Modern Living, you are terrible.
I'm really very sorry about the trouble you had, but I think the review is really unfair. When we found the filter was out of stock, we tried to find a solution. You could cancel the order, wait or take the alternative. You chose to wait and we sent it using a next day courier as soon as it came in. I'm sorry you found the couriers unhelpful, but at any point had you contacted us about the problems we would have stepped in and had it delivered elsewhere or to your safeplace. We are the customers of the courier service, so they only make changes if requested to by us. A lot of the positive reviews state the customer service is very good, precisely because we make sure problems are rectified. A phone call or email would have been enough for us to help, but we can't fix problems if we don't know about them. Craig, modern living.
Left dishwasher on the drive for my 73 year old husband to get in the house by himself. Would advise people to avoid them.
I understand your frustration and apologise for the inconvenience you suffered. We do explain our delivery method on the /delivery-information page, which is on the top of every page on the site - the lorry icon. We did deliver on the day we mutually agreed and other than the delivery there were no other problems with the order. We use 3rd party couriers for our deliveries, and you can see from other reviews their politeness and helpfulness can vary. We do wish you all the best going forward and this review may be helpful for other customers who would require assistance with heavier appliances that they should make arrangements or shop around for online retailers who offer 2 man delivery options.
Modern Living is rated 4.75 based on 557 reviews