Modern Living Reviews

Read Modern Living Reviews

sales@modernlivingdirect.co.uk

2-4 Duncome Way

Tell us how Modern Living made you happy
I ordered before Xmas to make sure I had the taps for the plumber today but unfortunately it was the wrong item and modern living do not have the correct tap and would not refund as it’s now over 14 days where as most companies are 28 days
We do try and help with returns where possible and find solutions. Unfortunately, this was for a discontinued filter tap Northern Sinks were selling off. They had sold out and we'd stopped selling it on our website because of that - so we couldn't take something back into stock that wasn't a running line outside the returns period.
Paid £15 with no option for any other postage than next day, delivery hasn't arrived so have to wait until Tuesday now, 4 days delivery.
Hi. Sorry you feel we haven't fulfilled your order correctly. We received the order at 7:39am on Friday 24th and dispatched same day. Our courier delivers next working day, which due to the bank holiday is today - Tuesday 28th. I'm not sure what more you were expecting or thought we could have done.
Bought a filter tap, tap it self ok ,filter side of things not so good, cant actually notice any difference between the filtered and unfiltered water, filled in the online form complaining about this, didn't even get the courtesy of a reply
Hello. Please can you get in touch about this, we would like to help. I've searched for your email in my inbox and on the back end of the website and the only hit is from the original order. We don't ignore complaints and queries.
I wanted to purchase a bath from Modern Living as the delivery information on the website explained that a delivery at a mutually convenient time would be made. This did not happen I had to chase up the delivery a number of times. While the person on the phone was perfectly helpful within the remit of her role, it is clear that there were a number of third parties involved which made the process of chasing up and arranging an appropriate delivery extremely stressful. Please make the information on your delivery page clear so as not to raise expectations of a possible nominated delivery day for large items.
Hi. I'm really sorry you haven't had a good experience with your order from us. We often get the baths delivered direct from our supplier to the customer which usually means a quicker turnaround time. The flip side is we are out of the loop when arranging the delivery. We really don't like negative feedback and do take it seriously and would appreciate if you got in touch so we can look at how we can make the information clearer to help customers going forward.
I had item replaced with no compensation due to the inconvenience and problem it course on returning item i asked for feedback this did not happen either
Thank you for the feedback. I'm not a fan of putting counter arguments on the review platforms as it looks petty. The professional advice from our fitters and from the manufacturers were quite clear that your fitters hadn't fitted the first sink correctly as evidenced by you asking for longer clips. The base units and the worktop have to be cut down to install any standard stainless steel sink. If it isn't, its very difficult to correct and much easier to blame the product. We still sent you another FOC, and before the original sink was picked up to make it as easy and swift as possible for you to install. We declined the request for compensation as it is 100% down to your fitters not knowing how to install the sink. They may have gotten away with fitting sinks for years using that method when they are standard single bowl sinks, but it's not the correct method and a double drainer sink needs secure clipping to the worktops as its longer and more prone to flex. If they've charged you twice for fitting a sink you should approach them for a refund/compensation as was suggested in our previous communication.
I purchased an extractor in December, with the impression that the delivery would be quite swift. i waited until early January and contacted the company, who replied swiftly and informed me they were out of stock but they assure me they will have them in stock by 13th January. 13th January came and went and still nothing. I waited a few days after and contacted them again, I was assured again, that the item is on its way and will be with them by 22nd January. I waited and still once again nothing. I finally received my Canopy Extractor hood first week of February. I believe they should keep the customer updated automatically, instead of waiting for them to make contact. And if an item is out of stock, display it next to the image of the item for sale.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a reply. You make some fair points and I apologise for the delay. We do try and keep the availability up to date on the site, but we have to do it manually. You did buy it in December, but it was the 24th and we were closed for the Christmas break (which we tried our best to make clear on the website) so weren't able to update the site that week. The dates we gave you were passed on from the canopy hood supplier (Luxair) when we chased it up with them and unfortunately there were several delays on their end. I understand it was frustrating and customer communication is an area we are trying to improve upon.
Nov. 19 I send a Email to Modern Living regarding a typo error in my Postcode and ask to correct my mistake, no reply and on the 22. Nov. the order was send out without the right Postcode.
A negative review seems very reasonable . Anyway, will be with you tomorrow.
Slow delivery - over 7 days
Hello, Sorry you feel it is too slow and only worthy of 2 stars. I've looked into the order, it's out for delivery today, which is 7 days since we received the order as you placed it on a Saturday.
Modern Living is rated 4.75 based on 557 reviews