MeadowMania Reviews

customer service
Read MeadowMania Reviews

shop@meadowmania.co.uk

14 Golding AvenuemarlboroughWiltshire

Tell us how MeadowMania made you happy
Plug plant variety poor in selection as all yellow or white. Possible exception - common knapweed, but not on the website. All 5 Cranesbill had no top and roots appeared dead, unlike the many I already have. Wild carrot too much like the cow parsley which invades the garden already. Disappointed.
We are sorry this customer was disappointed with the plugs.

To clarify a few points. Common Knapweed is the same as Lesser Knapweed. Clustered Bell Flower is one of a few species that goes completely dormant at this time of year. There will be good root system but no leaves. We would expect that in the late spring or early summer they will start to grow.

Wild Carrot is a common species in most meadow mixes. It is Biennial which means that it will flower every other year.
The majority of the seed seems to be grass. I was expecting much more flower seeds.
My order was placed and paid for via Pay Pal on the 20th September exactly a fortnight ago.I have not received my seeds nor have I received any explanation for the delay or,potential,non delivery
We have spoken to the customer and apologised. There has been an issue where Royal Mail has mislaid some of our post which we are resolving. The seeds have been resent.
Disappointed with size and condition of foxgloves in plugs.
Thank you for your review. The leaf size of all our plug plants will vary throughout the season. But all have been grown for many months and are not sent out until they have developed a good root system.
Ordered Yellow Rattle seed on 12/7/19,received E-Mail on the 18/7/19 saying seeds not harvested yet.Still waiting on delivery of seeds.Want to order various other wildflower seeds but waiting to see if Rattle arrives first.Hope for some info soon.
We have been waiting for this years harvest seed to be available. We have kept customers updated but it has taken longer than expected to arrive. We will have some in stock from next week onwards and we have updated the customer.
Tried to telephone several times for advice, never any answer. Seed arrived by post eventually, no instructions or advice
Due to a holiday week our response to messages was slow. We have now spoken to the customer apologized and answered the questions raised.
A little disappointed by the small parcel of seed we received
The customer ordered 300 grams of seed and we believe received 300 grams. Wild flower seeds go on at very low seed rates. On receipt they can look like a small amount of seed to cover a large area.
Seeds arrived as scheduled. Unfortunately, despite seeding correctly, nothing has come up at all.
Wild flower seeds are slow to grow and very patchy to start with. If you have concerns about your seed development contact us and we will look to help.
Received seeds but no instructions as to how to sow so disappointing but I have sown a few, some germinated but some not
We do send instructions either printed on the seed packet or in a separate book. If you order and do not receive any then let us know and we will email some across to you.
The Grass and Wild Flower seed Mead10 woodland areas has not germinated some 3weeks after sowing. Very disappointing.
The customer has since confirmed that the meadow has started to grow and was delayed due to the dry weather.
I bought 10 yellow rattle plugs which were delivered quickly. The plants were yellow and poor and I don't think any have survived.
We tried sending these by post to France and the extra delivery time we think meant that the plugs did not survive.
The service was excellent - quick and efficient, but it was a poor and limited range of wildflowers (ground elder? Really?) for a lot of money, and I'm now wary of sowing them in case all I'm doing is sowing future weeds. I guess for well over £100 I had hoped for a better, wider and rarer selection.
The breakdown of all our mixes is online on the product pages. If you are concerned about any of our products when you receive them we are happy to discuss them and change them if required.
With regard to ground elder we do not stock and cannot supply this. It is not in any of our mixes including the one we supplied to this customer see the list of species below.
Corn Poppy (Papaver Rhoeas) 10.0%, Cornflower ( Centaurea Cyanus) 16.0%, Meadow Buttercup ( Ranunculus acris) 7.0%, Musk Mallow ( Malva Moschata) 1.0%, Ox Eye Daisy ( Leucanthemum Vulgare) 12.0%, Red Campion (Silene Dioica) 12.0%,Ribwort Plantain (Plantago lanceolata) 12.0%, Salad Burnet (Sanguisorba Minor) 12.0%, Self heal ( Prunella vulgaris) 10.0%, White Campion ( Silene Alba) 3.0%, Yarrow, (Achillea Millefolium) 5.0%
3 years or so ago I purchased a quantity of wild flower seeds to plant into my summer meadow, I prepared the ground accordingly, all I had come through was grass, not one wild flower, so this year I have again purchased tome wild flower seeds, I have through the summer killed off the area for the seeds to go, I will rotavate it and plant the seeds hoping for some wild flowers this time.
There would seem to be too much grass seed within the mix..............
All meadow mixes are based on 80% grass and 20% wild flowers. Because of very low seed rates you are sowing about 3 grams to the square metre of grass as against 40 grams when sowing lawn seed. A common issue can be it competing with grass seeds that were dormant in soil resulting in there being too much grass.
Ordered and paid for seed two weeks ago. Still not delivered
Clearly we have let this customer down for which we apologize. It was posted 2 weeks ago and we assume it is lost in the post. We will resend it again this time by carrier so it can be tracked.
I have already emailed to express my disquiet regarding the state of the plugs when they arrived. There was evidence of both botrytis and damping off. If the failure level falls below what is acceptable I shall be seeking a refund
We have been in correspondence with this client and are awaiting the outcome.
At this moment I suspect only three out of 10 bellflowers are likely to survive. They looked poor when they came and I potted them up immediately. I kept them on the balcony of my flat. OK, weather in Edinburgh has been poor which would not help. For background, I am 82, son of a professional gardener, used to dealing with plants and seedlings all my life.
Some species including Clustered Bell Flower remain dormant over winter. Spring 2018 has been a very long and cold season and the plants are still dormant. We would expect that once the warm weather starts up the plants will come to life.
Yes the service was very quick, but the content was disappointing the label says 80 % grass seed but looks more like 95% , Have yet to seed the area so get back to us in a year time
We make the meadow mixes up in bulk generally about 10 kilos at a time then pack it up as the orders come in. The mixes are made up on the basis of 80% grass 20% wild flowers. The meadow mixes can look very deceptive. Since grass seed is larger than wild flower seed it tends to dominate the mix if you look at it.
Ordered plug plants but received a tray of germinated seems instead (with the tray segmented but not the plants). No thinning had been done so there were up to 30 plants in each plug - had to thin them myself with some damage to the roots. Overpriced for just spreading some seeds over the soil and misold. Two or three in a plug would have been OK but not 10+.
We produce over 50 different plugs plant species but 23 species account for most of the sales. Species vary considerably in their development and it also depends on time of year. This species was sown by hand not machine so had many more seeds in each cell. It had been growing for 4 months before we sent them out which means there would be good root system. On plugs this is the most important part.
If you receive a product from us that you are not happy with please contact us and we will look to try and resolve the matter for you.
The plants arrived over a week and in a poor state. They were not packaged well. I still have not received all of my order. I'm waiting for some bulbs.
We have offered to replace any damaged plugs but to date have not heard back.
Bulbs are sent out from September onward. Whilst our information online explains delivery times we are making steps to improve the information on the order confirmations.
MeadowMania is rated 4.77 based on 1,957 reviews