Lynx Security Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Lynx Security

How would you rate Lynx Security?

Verified Reviewer

Lynx provided us with a friendly, efficient service. We are very pleased.
Verified Reviewer

Keeping to the time arranged, no delays. Also the person who came out was pleasant, helpful and very efficient at getting the job done.
Chris And Lynne Onley
Verified Buyer

The 2 team members who turned up on the day were exactly on time. They were respectful of both us and our property and explained fully what they intended to do. They then carried out the work as explained. They cleaned up well after themselves. The installation was exactly what we expected and unobtrusive and installed where we had agreed. They fully demonstrated the system and did not leave until we were happy with operating it. We would not hesitate to recommend the company.
Paul
Verified Reviewer

The salesmen who visited was very professional and happy to stay for as long as we need to explain the various options to us. The engineer subsequently fitted the system with the minimum of fuss (and mess) and stayed for as long as it took for us to understand how the system works.
Clive
Verified Buyer

A business is only as good as its staff. Not a worry for Lynx. Estimation, installation, servicing and contact with the office all faultless as is the equipment installed.
Margaret Barnes
Verified Buyer

The engineer was extremely helpful (patient with the dog wanting a fuss) , he was polite, respectful, and explained everything to my satisfaction. I would not hesitate to recommend Lynx.
Daniel
Verified Buyer

The job was very professionally carried out. The installation engineers were highly experienced and made me feel confident that the alarm was correctly configured. I genuinely recommend this company.
Andrew Newsham
Verified Reviewer

Be cautious of very short warranty and limited value of annual servicing.

We have had a Lynx alarm for the last three years and paid for a service each year. Shortly after our last service the system has developed a known fault on one of the sensors. This exposed the very limited warranty and high cost of annual service with no real benefits to customers.

I am loathed to write this poor feedback, but having given the company a chance to do the right thing they were curt on the phone and inflexible.

In short, while our installation experience was good, there is no value in getting the system serviced and future customers should ask for an extended warranty period.
Dear Mr Newsham,

I am sorry you felt you needed to give a negative review.

As you have mentioned the system is over 3 years old so is well out of any warranty period. The system was inspected on the 17th of May and the fault was reported on the 14th of August. A visit was arranged for an engineer to attend the same day. As the engineer explained to you he has only seen this type of fault once before. Please accept my apologies if you felt our response was curt and inflexible.
Simon
Verified Buyer

Clean job friendly staff excellent service
Barrie
Verified Buyer

The Service received from the initial phone call to inquire about your products to the installation , plus a telephone call we made to clear the memory on the system have been excellent you not only promise to do well but you deliver. Continue on the same principles and your business will grow even further.
Alan Murphy
Verified Buyer

From the initial survey through removal of an old system & installation of a new system I found Lynx Security were efficient & professional. All appointments were kept to the agreed times.
Victor
Verified Buyer

I found them very professional and helpful throughout the whole process of getting our alarm system installed

A first class job.
Alek & Pete
Verified Buyer

Very good service and customer aftercare. We've had our system fitted back in May. After few weeks we wanted to tweak the system to our needs. Lynx was brilliant. The engineer arrived as agreed and modified the zones and settings for us FOC. We are very happy with our system and we'll be installing smoke detectors to our property in near future.
J Strutt
Verified Buyer

Lynx fitted my alarm 14 months ago and I left a 5 star review at the time. They came and serviced the system a couple of months ago and replaced all the batteries, again very reasonably priced service and engineer came on time and gave great service. Recently I had a couple of false alarms on the system and the panel sounder was not working correctly, something was obviously wrong. I called Lynx at 8am, got a callback from on call engineer within 5 mins, another call from the office within 30 mins who arranged an engineer visit same day. Turns out the panel had developed a fault that meant it had to be replaced completely. Lynx were great, without any hassle they installed a new alarm panel, and despite it being just out of manufacturer warranty period it was done free of charge as they felt it shouldn't have developed a fault (I agree!). So from first reporting a fault, Lynx had attended site, diagnosed the fault, installed new alarm, set it up and left everything working within 6 hrs. Brilliant. This really is a great company that looks after its' customers. I will not look anywhere else for my security needs and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else. If you're looking for a reliable, trustworthy and customer focused security company, you've found it!
Mr & Mrs R Salter
Verified Buyer

The gentleman, who fitted the alarm, was really very helpful and left the house very clean and tidy. The service was excellent and I would recommend Lynx Security without any hesitation.
Robin Hood
Verified Buyer

just moved into our new house,so decided to look into an alarm system.
lynx did a survey agreed a price and installation went as they explained.
Would recommend them.
A J Ellis
Verified Buyer

Arranged a quote for a new alarm system because my mother has this firm for her alarm, Richard came around and gave us a quote. We decided to go ahead, the work was carried out to a very good standard, nice friendly guy fitted it. Had a problem with settings due to my pets but another man came round who was really helpful and sorted it! Now working well, feel more secure when leaving the house as well. Very pleased with choosing LYNX and look forward to receiving good quality service in the future.
Barrie
Verified Buyer

After contacting LYNX requesting a quote for CCTV Richard came around and gave us a quote based upon our requirements, the work was carried out efficiently and cleanly, we are pleased with choosing LYNX as we know they will continue to give us satisfactory service.
Pam Gray
Verified Reviewer

Realiable, Trustworthy, excellent product. Friendly and helpful local firm.
Lynx Security is rated 4.95 based on 97 reviews