Just Value Doors Ltd Reviews

Own Driver, Postal Service
Over 7 Days
Read Just Value Doors Ltd Reviews

About Just Value Doors Ltd:

At Just Value Doors we make it easy to order new doors and windows.

info@justvaluedoors.co.uk

Units 2-3 Station Road Industrial Estate
Browning Road
Heathfield
East Sussex
TN21 8DB

Tell us how Just Value Doors Ltd made you happy
JUST VALUE DOORS

Rude and argumentative owner, poor service and even worse complaints management. Avoid like the plague.

With Just Value Doors you are guilty until proven innocent.

Wrong drawings and technical information on website, lack of responses from the team (and certainly no urgency). They got my order wrong, which I had to prove to them as they couldn’t understand it was wrong. Weeks of back and forth ensued when they finally admitted fault after a change in their manufacturer. It’s not up to customer to tell them that the pictures did not match the technical drawings on the website, yet I spent hours/days/weeks trying to explain to them. Initially they refused to give a refund but finally we’d agreed a discount and we could move on.

They said the refund would be in our account in a couple of working days. Weeks then passed of me contacting to ask where the money was and the owner said that he had now decided to withhold the refund until we’d signed a satisfactory agreement. But this was weeks down the line with no communication.

I’ve never experienced anything like this company before….

After all this, the windows arrived and 7 out of 11 were damaged/scratched due to them being packaged so poorly. We then sent CCTV footage & time-stamped pictures of them being unloaded to show that we did not damage them, and we were treated as guilty until proven innocent. Clearly no evidence was enough even though the time stamped pictures were before the driver left. The owner accused us of running a blade down the windows, even though we’d sent sufficient evidence. Even the delivery driver acknowledged the windows were damaged, which JVD didn’t believe either. JVD said they would not replace the windows, only the glass.

Another two weeks had passed with us disputing, they then said they would replace the glass & repair the scratches but would now be a further 8+ week wait (to try and put us off) and said that they’d withhold the refund throughout this process. After months of nothing but stress and time lost, not to mention the delays in our build, we decided that we’d had enough. Still no refund processed even though it had been promised. JVD settled on a further £157 discount which is pathetic for the level of damage/scratches. They couldn’t understand the previous discount was placed on the windows being the wrong model/specification and carried the issue forward so that no matter what condition they turned up in, there would be no more help or understanding.

I could not trust this company any less. They are immoral and rude and the stress they’ve put on my family is immeasurable. Even down to the actual quality of the windows, with beading not aligned, drip vents hanging off, loose handles, windows catching on screws when opening. Overall – shocking.

They even sent a touch up paint in the wrong colour, after everything.

Please learn one thing from our experience and DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.

What I experienced was nothing to do with COVID-19.

I’d be more than happy to expand on the full picture, if needed.
Dear Daniel,
We are sorry and surprised to see you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, as previously you suggested otherwise.

To summarize - We admit the profile specification initially provided to you was out of date, resulting in the newer profile you received being slightly different. However the overall style, design, colour and appearance was correct and as ordered, with the only minor difference being an arguably unnoticeable tweaked improvement in profile shape.

You negotiated this fact daily and obsessively over a matter of weeks, finally resulting in a compensation amount of £3,248.52 (37% of order value) being agreed for you to accept this minor change.

Then on receipt of delivery, you reported that over half of the windows had arrived damaged and suggested further compensation. We viewed the CCTV footage you provided which in fact showed a female with scissors in hand unpackaging. We are not suggesting you intentionally caused any damage however it would be extremely unlikely that any frames would have left the factory in this condition, due to quality control, packaging and a dedicated delivery vehicle.

As a side note, we did offer to collect and rework all the frames, however due to COVID-19 this was estimated to take upto 8 weeks, to which you declined.

We obviously needed to draw the line on compensation, however we offered to increase the amount to £3,400.00 to take into account the reported damage and bring your complaint to an end, to which you and your brother agreed.

Lastly, regarding some issues you mentioned, vents, handles and the like. Please rest assured these are all covered within your 10 year guarantee, please contact support@justvaluedoors.co.uk for assistance.

Just Value Doors
we had a date for the door to come to us did't come called up and said they wher behind in factory but had email to say it was coming no phone call as was told we would get
Dear Richard,
Thanks for your review. We again apologies for the delay in getting your order to you and thank you for your patience during this difficult time.

Please rest assured we are doing everything we can turn around orders as quickly as possible, however unfortunately this is not always achievable in the current situation.

We hope your new door serves you well in the years ahead.

Just Value Doors
Processed my order made me pay upfront told me they couldnt make them after, now cant get my money back think ive been conned will have to get barclaycard involved
Just received my door after a month wait and it arrived with only the single frame and no panel!! Very annoying
Dear Lynsey,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry to see your panel arrived 2 days behind your door delivery. Again our apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Just Value Doors
Window was damaged before quality control check so had to be remade, resulting in us having to compensate our client for the job being a week late costing us £400.
Hi Dylan,
I'm very sorry to hear your delivery was delayed. We do of course try to give as much notice as possible if there is an issue and unfortunately, although rare, damage does occur and we did treat the remake as a priority order for you.

Just Value Doors
Awful! Unfortunately I ordered a door and was told it wasn’t able to be fitted so had my money refunded. Then after numerous emails and calls managed to get confirmation that the surveyor was in fact happy to fit the door for me so I put through a couple of doors to check prices and variations and then emailed to say I’d like to go ahead with the exact same door I previously ordered and paid for but would like a colour change to the external frame only. I was then sent a sign off that I didn’t think to triple check presuming these details would of been written in correctly by the member of staff I’d been dealing with. Turns out they weren’t! They were incorrect and the internal door colour had also been changed to grey when the email specifically asked for ONLY the external door frame colour to change otherwise the order to be the SAME as the one initially ordered and paid for that they’d said they could not fulfil. I came home to the wrong colour door, a door I did not ask for that cost £1500+ I phoned and said the order was incorrect 3 weeks ago and received no response, no update, no call from anyone to update me on the situation. I emailed yesterday saying how disappointed I was that no one got back to me and today I received an email saying they had recorded a call where I’d asked for the internal door colour to be grey which is incorrect because I never once asked for an internal door colour to be grey, I rang and asked for this recording to be sent to me ASAP as I knew it didn’t exist and was a blatant lie to which the response was, no sorry we don’t have it it was just written down. They’ve refused to replace the door or help in any way other than me paying to change the internal colour and said regardless of it not being what I asked for they have a sign off that I confirmed so it’s my fault???? The fitting was also changed to weeks later as the door wasn’t ready so my door wasn’t fitted for almost 6 weeks after payment. Disgusting behaviour from any company. 0 customer service and taking no responsibility for their mistake. Awful situation for something that isn’t a small purchase! AVOID!!!!!
Dear Abigail,
I’m very sorry to hear that you did not expect the door to arrive in the colour it did. We do of course want our customers to be satisfied with the product and service they receive. I must point out we always request customers complete a ‘sign-off’ and approve the specifications before proceeding. As mentioned a solution would be to replace the door slab in the new colour and we are happy to do this at a reduced price for you. If you would like to consider this option please do get back in touch and we would be happy to look at this for you.

Just Value Doors
Don’t waste your money, time or effort with this place
Doors come in parts that you have to put together - what an absolute joke and delivery a week later than advertised. Staff only offered empty platitudes -“Sorry you feel that way” I feel so let down I’m going to report to trading standards as all the pictures shown showed me a completed door!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear CMW,
I'm very sorry to hear you feel you have been let down. As discussed the glass does need to come separate in order for the door to be correctly installed (toe and healed), so this is normal with any fully glazed door.

I hope you have now successfully installed your door, however if there is any further assistance you need please do get back in touch and we will do what we can to help.

Dear Sirs,

Following the installation of my new Front Door today, it was delivered and installed without the Yale Conexis lock. This was promptly rectified with an engineer exchanging the lock.

Apparently, it is your policy to just fit the lock and not to fully commission and test before leaving.

I quite easily programmed the lock and paired it to the key fob; however, the door would not lock (when lifting the handle, the door locked, but was able to be opened from the outside). I spent considerable time investigating this and reading through the instruction manual, only to discover that the euro cylinder had been incorrectly fitted.

After almost an hour of trying to remove this, I gave up and had to call an emergency locksmith as I was scheduled to be in work and could not leave my property unsecured.

I have attached the Invoice for this and would respectfully ask that I am compensated.

I look forward to your earliest response.

Kind regards,

RESPONSE

Dear Robert,
I'm sorry to hear you experienced an issue with your handle.
Unfortunately we are not able to cover third party workmanship without prior authorization and therefore a cash refund is not possible on this occasion, however I do understand your situation and therefore can offer you a money off voucher to use with a future order totalling £200 which can be used within 90 days.
I appreciate you may not have any plans to replace any doors or windows at this time, and if this is the case I again apologies.
A very easy process and attended appointments promptly - shame the same can't be said for the fitting. Just so you know you need to write a review to activate your Guarantee

Dear Sirs,

I look forward to your earliest response.

Kind regards,

Dear Robert,
I'm sorry to hear you experienced an issue with your handle.
Very poor bought a window and french door for self install so I ordered the fixing kit.
Fixing kit dose not contain the correct glazing packers or screws advertised.
Door was delivered with big scratches in the frame which after I had complained got replaced, I am still waiting on the correct packers for the glassing and no one is responding to my emails.
Will never use this company again very poor customer service and QC.
Dear Andrew,
Firstly our apologies for your door being delivered damaged and the fixing kit not being as expected. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused while you waited for this to be remade and replaced. You mention no one responded to your email - during busy periods we are not always able to respond the same day, however, I can see my colleague has now addressed your concerns regarding the glazing packers that were supplied and some more have been posted out for you.

Just Value Doors
Thanks for the delivery of my door, however it arrived with no sill, I’ve notified JVD, but haven’t heard back, No longer need the sill have bought one elsewhere.
Whilst I understand things somehow get forgotten to be delivered, I would have expected at least a call back, oh well.
Hi Matt,
I'm very sorry to hear of the sill being missing from your order. I just checked and could not find any record of this being reported. Had we of known we would of course got a replacement out to you as a matter of urgency. Again apologies for the inconvenience and please do get back in touch if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Just Value Doors
I did not rate this company. Good at taking payment, not so good at fitting doors. Poor communications. I had no idea that the work would go to a subcontractor. I had no idea who they were when they contacted me. Didn't fit the door properly. Daylight through the bottom and poor finish. Fitted 7 March and should be repaired end of March. Hopefully no rodents will get in the house as the cold wind has done. Money paid Feb in full. Hopefully the repair will fix. Lacklustre communications from company who just expect me to take time off work - four days now. But they have my money! Ha. Will not use again.
Hi Paul,
I'm sorry to hear of these issues. As you say there is already an appointment booked to come and sort these issues for you. I can see from the job notes some additional trimming / finishing work is needed that was not initially expected. However please rest assured the materials have been ordered and everything will be finished off for you to a high standard.

Kindest Regards
Just Value Doors
The door is very poor quality. Locks don’t line up, window surround is bent, screw plugs are proud, locks are complicated, top/bottom doors done line up - the top part needs to be lifted to get it to fit over the bottom bit.
Hi Richard,
I'm sorry to hear if these issues with your "supply only" stable door order.

Looking at the photo it seems the door slab is not sitting squarely within the frame and it's possible the frame has not been fitted correctly.

This would in turn cause the locks not to line-up, and the door not to operate as intended.

It maybe possible overcome this by adjusting the hinges, and I will arrange for our hinge adjustment / installation guide to be emailed over to you.

If after receiving the hinge adjustment / installation guide you still have problems, please do get in touch with the office so we can assist you further.

Just Value Doors
Customer service - non existent.
Customer care - non existent.
After sales Care - non existent.
Customer satisfaction - NONE!!!!!
Dear Customer,
We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied. I've taken a look into this and can see you waited longer than usual for delivery. This was due quality control pulling an item resulting in remaking part of the order. We understand this has caused you great inconvenience, and for this we apologise. We are taking steps to prevent this issue from arising again. Kind Regards Just Value Doors
Product good, after sales very poor, damaged goods were not replaced but the did offer to replace at a full cost. also a week late on delivery.
I wont be recommending this co..
Hi Tony,
I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. I have taken a look into your order and can see you reported there are scratches visible on the glass, however this was not reported until 4 weeks after the delivery was made.

I'm afraid we must make it clear that damages should be reported on the day of delivery and before installation.

Kindest Regards