i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
As a South African candidate, I feel disillusioned and mislead by promises of employment with a tefl certificate. I was made to believe that I could get a post in Europe, hence I paid and proceeded with the course. I have completed a few modules and I have stopped because after reading the vacancy adverts, most European countries require you to hold a degree. Tefl is not honest and upfront with you when you make the initial enquiries. I am very saddened and disappointed by the course and honestly I feel like I was robbed for my hard earned money. Every time I spoke to a tefl adviser, I was promised to be sent real jobs in the EU that I could apply to, but those were empty promises. I would strongly advise fellow South Africans to be wary of applying for this course, especially if they have hopes of working in Europe. The irony is I had several telephonic chats with your team to make sure I would be eligible to teach in Europe and I was assured that it would not be a problem and yet I find that your qualification is useless without a degree. I am a mature adult that has taught in FET colleges in the UK and I had no interest in roughing it out in China or the East. I must say that I feel cheated and your establishment has made me lose faith in such courses. I think I should make other prospective candidates, in my country,without a degree, wanting to

teach in the EU, wary of the false claims and promises and hopefully they would not suffer my fate.
I enjoyed completing the grammar module and 1-4 of the rest of the course, but had a change if tutor who I didn't understand and have unfortunately not completed any more. Sadly it turned out to be am expensive way if achieving nothing as my dates ran out time and time again so had to renew at great expense. Great shame .
Great course, learned a lot but am very disappointed as I have yet to receive my certification.
Unfortunately this course did not help me, I use the internet to get free information to teach students, I feel the course was a disappointment and a waste of money. There was a lot of "theory" going on, and no actual direction or instruction how to teach. In hindsight I feel like it was an examination on my passing English. It was vague and unhelpful. I do not use your course at all, I find so much relevant and free information on the web.
I don't think the course was value for money. The teacher was only interested in 'high performing' participants. She discouraged participants from applying to schools in the same area even though my partner & I were travelling together. Her attitude was it wasn't a holiday! After completing the course, I contacted TEFL to send my cert. I got no resonse and I'm still waiting!
I have not received any work since graduating
you did not tell me there was an upper age limit to employment
I have a BA in Psychology and IQ of 135 and had to give up halfway through as I couldn't get through one particular module. I bought the TEFL course book and studied all the online material and it was just too hard for me. My hats off to anyone who gets through it.
I was disappointed when I realized that sometimes you gave me computer generated feedback instead of a real person as you advertized. As a result, it took away some of my motivation to finish the course. Plus I felt it was too easy to blow through the lessons without really retaining the information. I'm not sure how you could improve that.
I wouldn't purchase their services. I wasted is much money!
I am not happy at all because you advertised for China Buckland and that Buckland promises things they don't hold at all. It means you don't check the ads you post and you therefore jeopardize not onlyu the bank accounts of people as they spend money to come abroad but also their stay abroad. Buckland did nothing for my visa, did not keep any of their promises and made me sign a contract which they cancelled afterwards, made me come to China saying they had a job and had none, and gave away TEFL at least a 40 hour one to drunkards and adventurers and not to professional people. I was very disappointed with them and with you because I really thought I was going to work with professionals. Luckily I managed now to sign a contract by myself and to make Buckland recognize they made mistakes. I can forward all the mails to you. I have proofs
hi,
i thought it was really poor that you only get three months to complete the course and if something comes up so you can't finish the course in time you're asked to pay more money yo extend. no courtesy whatsoever. i never finished the course because of that.
Online 40hr course isn't worth anything. It hasn't enabled me to get a job teaching. :-(
In my first few weeks of class I experienced a terrible inconsistency in the evaluation of my examinations. One teacher liked part one but wanted my to expand on part two. When I did the work and resubmitted, I got a different teacher which liked part two but wanted my to expand part one. I resubmitted and got yet another teacher that did not like my exam.....
My frustration was paramount.
PS if by recently purchased you mean almost two years ago then you are spot on.
the course started out well, the problem was when I needed assistance the so called tutor thought insulting my inteligence was the way to go, instead of assisting me in any way, or TUTORING, I asked for assistance more than once all he did was insult me each time, I am an intelligent individual although I do not know everything, when I ask questions that is due to wanting to know or understand, I let him know I did not understand what was to be done I was almost finished, all his suggestion was to pay for an extention of which I did once and still recieved no help, I did what I did alone.. I explained I am in school full time with a University in America and work full time, I did read the subject, I was being honest about not understanding, I paid alot of money and really wanted to teach, I know I would have done an excellent job I get along with everyone, love children, and enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
I will not recomend this course to anyone as my impression you only want money.. I had no problem taken the course online, that is how I do my schooling now, I expected to recieve help especially when I reached out to your Tutors, I was not paying money to get insults and being told read it again, pay more money, I was expecting someone to take some time out discuss it with me and explain what I was not seeing.
Very little support no follow up on progress workshop was good
I organised buying the TEFL course for my brother John and was not told, in a lengthy 20 minute coversation, that he only had 3 months from the date of purchase to complete the course; especially annoying as I explained to the operator Sarah Harrison that John was out of the country and would not be able to do any work until after the face-to-face sessions in January 2014. Subsequently John has had to pay an additional £50 to lengthen his study period. I have discussed this with several people at TEFL and none have been interested in this issue, just saying that the 3 month period was in the terms and conditions. This is as maybe, but I feel it should have been made evident to me in my original verbal communication. So legally you have behaved appropriately but to my mind, not ethically. I will not be recommending you to anyone else.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.67 based on 4,980 reviews