Humax Digital Reviews

of reviewers recommend Humax Digital
Read Humax Digital Reviews

uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk

Tell us how Humax Digital made you happy
I bought a FVP 5000 T and would not recommend this product. To start with it’s difficult to see the red or blue light to see if the set is on. It is extremely slow In general. The

search options are extremely disappointing......I am extremely disappointing and would not recommend Humax and will not be purchasing Any product of theirs in the future.
Humax customer services will do anything to avoid the responsibility of replacing a faulty item that is within their guarantee period.
The item is 1,5 years old and was supplied after the original was destroyed by a direct lightning strike.
Now the RF output is not working and Humax are insisting that my insurance company own the guarantee and are responsible for making any claim.
As you can imagine I have no chance that this will happen and Humax know this.
I had an existing Humax FVP 5000T box replaced after a lightning strike. It was replaced approximately one and a half years ago and all details were covered/approved by my insurance company.
It has gone wrong and Humax are insisting that I produce a rceipt before they will replace the box under the guarantee.
My insurance company can't locate a receipt and now Humax are insisting that my insurance company are owners of the guarantee and they must make the claim ----- this is not likely to happen and Humax know this.
I feel totally let down by Humax who, instead of trying to help, are trying to avoid any respnsibility.
I am now faced with a £200 plus bill for something that Humax should cover.
Having had the unit for 2 years it gave up the ghost and would not buy another unit;

try another manufacturer!!!
Last night tried repeatedly with different cards to buy a Humax box . Rejected each time . I know my cards are good ( I clear all cards automatically each month ) and my bank accounts are very healthy . Today I used my cards elsewhere , no problem . Tried Humax Direct again , same result , rejecting my cards . I have to go elsewhere .
i was sent a humax freeview HDR 2000T the harddrive was very noisey so much so the
customer wanted a replacement which you sent me,but the replacement was just as noisey, the customer wanted his money back which i gave him.When i rang humax direct to return the second box and get my money back i was told that humax direct do not give refunds so now i am left with a hdr 2000t box i cannot use and also the cost of a
humax hdr 2000t receiever. iam not a happy customer and will not be selling Humax
receivers while this is left unresolved.
mr m Pudney,
bh21 5qb
tel,07876126438
office 01725 517941.
cranborneaerials@hotmail.co.uk
Avoid company, poor customer service.
They do not reply to your letters of complaint
It has so far [within a month] failed to record THREE programs and part recorded TWO others!
Only used for a couple of days as it kept freezing, however my issue was with your staff member that I spoke to on the phone. Quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced! Because of his attitude I asked for a refund not exchange and I certainly would not recommend the company.
Purchase this box and asked for an up grade and I would pay any difference. I was refused. Surely there are people out the that have done the same. As a big company I think they should be better.
The box doesn't work...... we've written to you, but no response!

Please get in touch urgently.

Regards, Chris Braithwaite
I spent £30 and bought a new remote Humax RM-L08 due to the buttons on the original one (3 months old) starting to fail and was getting incredibly frustrating to change TV channels (this is the first time I have ever had this problem with any tv unit and I wasn't expecting it to happen). The new remote was fine for around 1 week and is now failing. Because of this, I hate this unit and should not have bought it. This is a good reason to migrate from freeview to Virgin or Sky. Humax remotes just dont seem to work smoothly.
The programme display kept freezing and the only way to proceed was to disconnect the supply lead. In addition the programme guide display was very difficult to read as it had the current tv picure as background. Very poor in all respects compare with our older freesat Humax. Returned product for refund after two days.
1) Still unable to get internet access on TV
2) Unable to contact you by phone
3) Still waiting for someone to reply to my Email asking for help
4) Still waiting for code
Humax Direct are breaking the law.
Whilst I agree with the ‘Which’ review, the EPG problem can be got around by muting the sound & if desired tuning to a non-broadcasting channel to get a virtually blank screen.
The functions are terrible. I tried to return the product but as I had purchased it from ‘Humax Direct’ they told me I could not as 7 days had passed. I signed up to ‘Which Legal’ who helped me sort it out.
Following legal advice from ‘Which’ I threatened them with ‘Breach of Contract’ (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013) & referring it to my Credit Card company. They then agreed to refund.
Warning, don’t purchase anything from Humax Direct. If you want to buy a Humax, do so from a reliable retailer e.g. Argos, Amazon etc. that have a sensible returns policy.
There is currently a software problem with the product I bought and after 2 months Humax have not issued an update to solve the problem.
Considering I ordered almost 2 weeks ago I still don't have my parcel due to DPD, and my e mail to Humax has been completely ignored !!
I am still trying to find out how to use it and the instructions are no help at all
Very disappointed. Wanted to record/watch up to 5 progs, otherwise happy with our existing Humax Freeview box. This one:-
*has no programme info in the guide so we have no idea of content,
* the guide is hard to read over moving programme screen (much better with small pic in top r/hand corner and blue background
* we preferred a list of recorded progs which were easy to read then play or delete, Now there are icons with irrelevant pictures and fairly small print titles.
* if we pause a prog which is also recording, then it cuts off before the end and we have to find the recording and watch the end of the programme, usually just at the climax of the drama.
Apart from the 5 prog facility we would put this in the bin and use our old box.
As I said, so disappointed in our Christmas treat to ourselves. Why, o why did you change so many good features?
I had sent E-mails to Humax ( BEFORE ) I bought a new box from them letting them know what I needed
received NO ANS

a friend came over and helped me order a new one BUT when I received it it sat for 3 days waiting for a friend help me set all up

after hooking it up we found out it does NOT let me transfer to hard drives nor read my hard drives

I sent Humax a question asking about it can I or can't I transfer

a few days later I received saying no you can NOT transfer on this type of model

I asked anything we can do for me WELL

less than 30 days and they said no you are stuck with it sorry out side of 14 days by a few days
but I was asking before that

so no I am not happy with the service I have received from them and very unhappy with the product

if there were any other make so I would never have to deal with them again I would be very happy
poor policy HUMAX

they do NOT care about the people just Their profits all they care about is MONEY not the custermer

and yes I have all my E-mails to and from them

JIM m18wheeler@juno.com