Host & Stay Reviews

4.4
Based on 36 reviews
Read Host & Stay Reviews

About Host & Stay:

A modern approach to holiday home management. At Host and Stay, our flexible, millenial approach to marketing your property will ensure your property reaches a growing global audience quickly and effectively.

info@hostandstay.co.uk

27 Milton Street

Tell us how Host & Stay made you happy
Had a booking at princess place studio for a 2 night stay .everything good so far check out at 10 am .whist going to the car to put something in it .I was met by cleaners for the property at 935 am which me an my partner felt uncomfortable with due to them not coming after 10 am to clean we left the property clean an tidy .it clearly states check out at 10 am .
I stayed 5 nights with Host&Stay in the Green View 1 bedroom apartment. Location was perfect, super close into town centre. Apartment was beautifully decorated and super comfortable. Would 100% stay again, I actually wanted to extend my stay but sadly there was another booking. So I moved to another place, which was such a downgrade from staying at Green View. Highly recommend to stay here.
We stayed at Easter Cottage in Whitby for a long weekend. A perfect retreat close to the sea only a delightful 20 minute stroll to the heart of Whitby. The house was beautiful with everything we wanted ( including a bath for those long soaks after a fun filled day). I would personally recommend Host and Stay as they were in contact with us throughout our stay ensuring that we had everything we needed for a perfect break.
We booked a two night stay at The Green Door in Richmond which was described as ‘a relaxing bolt hole’ to find it was anything but and we only stayed for one night of our two night break. The property is situated in dingy alleyway with a pub at the top of the alley which we discovered hosted live music events so we spent our evening trying to watch a film with music from the pub in the background, we then discovered when we went to bed that the alley is quite lively after such an event with someone vomiting, a couple arguing very loudly and someone thinking it would be funny to bang on the front door in the early hours. All this plus the property wasn’t thoroughly clean and we arrived to a dead pigeon close to the property that Host and Stay said they couldn’t remove during our stay. Our one night stay was so miserable despite paying £362 for two nights we left the next morning.
We were charged the £50 cleaning fee and £25 service charge even though we were unable to stay due our daughter being ill. Staff were unwilling to compromise and were unsympathetic. These charges are also not made clear when making the booking. Would not recommend.
The flat in saltburn was brilliant. Clean and tidy with everything you need. Right across the road from the sea. The only downside was the shower that looked amazing but was cold so couldn't use it. My husband dud manage to get one at midnight !!!. Although I would definately use them again.
I am incredibly upset that my 75 and 79 year old parents have been accused of damaging a rug and a cushion and we have been charged £155 damages. The cushion was already damaged when they arrived (photographic evidence provided to Host & Stay) and there was no evident damage to the rug. My conversation with Sarah from Host and Stay was unhelpful, zero evidence of any customer service training / basic standards. According to my Credit Card company the company charging the damages is registered as a plastering company. Alarm bells ringing loudly! I have contacted our family solicitors and legal action has been commenced. Please avoid this company!
I booked via booking.com for a stay at Threadneedle cottage at the end of January 2021 on a non-refundable tariff. However on the 2nd January 2021 Host And Stay requested permission to cancel the stay and waive the cancellation costs. I accepted the cancellation only to find they now won't give me my money back. A cancellation policy is for if I cancel, not for if they cancel. Basically they can take your money, cancel your stay, and keep your money. Total scam. Beware.
The accommodation we stayed in was a true reflection and more of what was marketed, their agents are friendly and helpful keeping you up to date with your booking information
A party of 10 stayed at Bohemian House in Whitby. The property was clean, had all the amenities and equipment needed and was spacious. The location was good just a short stroll from the west cliff. The only negative was the parking where permits allowed 3 hours parking for dropping off but we did get free parking 3 minutes away on upgang lane. Pay and display was £9 for 24 hours.
It’s been a pleasure to work with the team at Host & Stay. They have literally taken care of everything from sourcing is a property, renovation, furnishing and filling with holiday makers and also we now have a beautiful little get away to use in the low seasons. Thank you to all at Host & Stay for such a friendly professional service.
A truly excellent service and team! We've been working with H&S for over 6 months now and we couldn't be more impressed. The team are all fantastic and so wonderful to work with and the efficiency is second to none. We were looking for a partner with a similar desire for growth, proactive when it came to problems, and an opportunistic desire to succeed. We certainly found it with Host & Stay!
The team at Host and Stay have been amazing fully managing our house as a holiday let while we are out of the country long term. From the very beginning their communication has been excellent and their standards exceptional, giving us peace of mind that our house is in good hands.
Andrew from Host and Stay has been very supportive with the onboarding of our cottage as a holiday let, with helpful advice, very quick to resolve any queries I had and is very professional.
We are extremely happy with the level of service and bookings we attained by switching to Host and Stay. They technology and systems they employ provide a very service for us as an operator and our clinets
A fantastic agency with a professional approach to their everyday work. Great directors and staff at every level. Couldn't recommend them highly enough!
Host and Stay North East has allowed us to fulfil our dream to travel the world safe in the knowledge our two properties are well managed and looked after. Andrew has been exceptional with guest communications. He has always been quick to resolve any issues that arise. In addition we really value him keeping a close eye on our properties and the breath of knowledge and expertise he has in the industry. We can’t recommend Host and Stay enough if you’re looking for a friendly, transparent and trustworthy management company for your Holiday Lets.
As a property owner and landlord Host & Stay have proved to be a great partner to move into the holiday letting market with. They have provided good advice and support in preparing for purchase of a property and when preparing the property for letting and professional property management of the letting process. When I first met with Dale and his father I felt confident that they shared my standards and that we could work well together. I’m sure they will be good partners moving forward.
Excellent value for money, easy to book and good customer service
Fantastic customer service from start to finish! I treated my family to a boxing day break in threadneedle cottage in Whitby! They were overwhelmed by the attention to detail! The cottage was in a perfect location for all the local amenities ! A bottle of prosecco for a welcome and coffee pods a bonus! They said it was a home from home. Thankyou so much for making a perfect personal gift come true for my special brother.
Host & Stay is rated 4.42 based on 36 reviews