Turfonline Reviews

contactus@harrowdenturf.co.uk

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Impossible to praise this company enough. Nothing was too much trouble. Every person we dealt with was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, whether online, on the phone or delivering. Great quality product (living roof sedum turf) which is merrily growing and thriving only a week after planting.
Well, the turf is very good when it isn’t dead on delivery.
I had 2 pallets (137 rolls) of turf delivered and laid the same day, I noticed that one side of both pallets the rolls were very hot, in fact steaming. I tried to revive them and laid them and watered twice a day. 2 days later I realised that it wasn’t working so I contacted Turfonline and they told me to see what it was like in a week but by 2 days later I could see that it wasn’t going to work so I sent them photos and an email with the problem, that the pallets must have been stored over night next to a heat source. They got back to me with an email that because I didn’t contact them the same day that any replacement would be at my cost but they would do it at cost. This ending up being £2.98 a roll compared to the normal price of £3.50. No big saving. As far as I’m concerned the issue was either down to Turfonline or the transport company they use, the one person not at fault was me the customer but I’m the one who had to pay. Not even mentioning the fact I had to take another day off work a week day to lay the replacement and also fine a way of getting rid of 65 rolls of dead turf. Yes almost half of my order arrived dead. Very bad service, I used Turfonline from a recommendation of a neighbour, but I will be telling anyone who asks me to use any company other than Turfonline.
Having ordered my turf on line45m ,it was delivered via a third party 15m of which I could not use due it being dried out ,thinly cut ,and full of stone
The products arrived quickly.
Bought, delivered. I now have a cracking lawn. Exactly what I wanted. Thankyou.
Rich, green turf. Excellent quality and delivery service. Recommend.
Excellent. Easy website to use, delivery very quick, turf excellent quality, courier very helpful as well
Really good quality. Delivered when they said they would. Very pleased and will use again.
Turfonline 5 star review on 24th September 2020
Really great, great grass, great price, and it took very quickly.
Very pleased with our jubilee turf. Although we made a mistake in ordering too early, so the turf was laid 24 hours later and then 48 hours later in two batches, it has recovered well and is now looking fabulous after 2 weeks (well watered)
Turfonline 5 star review on 24th September 2020
Excellent quality, fast delivery and good value for money. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent weed free turf arrived on delivery day specified having been ordered three days earlier.Laid the next day and treated in accordance with enclosed instructions and now has developed into a fine, thriving lawn some three weeks later. I do'nt normally do reviews but can wholeheartedly recommend service and product.
Never laid turf before - Turfonline was recommended to us by a neighbour. The turf arrived in rolls on a pallet. I had read up on various websites the ABC of turf laying - but - here I was, spent the money, prepared the ground and now these rolls of grass had to be laid as quickly as possible before they started to dry out. The first turf went down well, flat, straight-edged and 'tight' to the soil underneath. Butting up the second turf to the first was a 'challenge' because the RH edge of the first turf was distorted ( it was at the centre of the roll ) so needed a bit more 'persuasion' to make a good fit. Having learnt from this, all subsequent joints were easier. The rolls were heavier than I imagined ( I laid the lawn myself) but with care, the job was completed. Every alternate day, I watered the new grass in the late afternoon. I now have an all over green lawn with no dead spots. There are a few gaps where the turfs were butted against each other but I will add grass seed and some a sprinkle of top soil to these areas. Ten days later, I gave it a first cut ( I even re-sharpened the blade of the mower) and it looks really good. My neighbours have all passed positive comments on how nice it looks. Thank you Turfonline - brilliant product, brilliant service.
Excellent! Quick, on time. And it’s growing beautifully 🙂
Good service; everything was ready for pick-up in time. I was given a hand to get everything in my trailer. Great turf; good quality and no issues after laying it. I've been able to mow it after 4 weeks without it coming loose; the roots seemed well connected to the soil. I've watered it twice a day for the first 2 weeks as advised, then going down to once a week; growth has been good.
I ordered 20m2 of the jubilee turf, it came in good time and well packed on pallet, the turf was fresh and green the driver advised to water it after being in the van a while. It went down well and now 10 days later growing well. One roll was Damaged and fell apart when picked up but no effect on finished job, would recommend
Brilliant communication. Very polite delivery driver.
Lovely, good quality turf. Just what the garden needed!
Turfonline 5 star review on 20th September 2020
Top quality, strongly recommended, very quick and helpful delivery aswell.
Turfonline 5 star review on 20th September 2020
Turf arrived on time, in good condition and was easy to lay.
Hassle free order, delivery arrived early! great looking grass, green and lush only negative 5 of my 18 rolls had dandelion weeds??? Wasn't a major issue just removed while laying. Overall very pleased!
Turfonline 4 star review on 19th September 2020