Turfonline Reviews

contactus@harrowdenturf.co.uk

Harrowden Turf Ltd
Colpmans Farm
Islip

Tell us how Turfonline made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Turfonline 5 star review on 2nd June 2020
Turfonline 5 star review on 27th May 2020
Turfonline 4 star review on 26th May 2020
Amanda Richards
More Photos & Videos
Great turf, prompt delivery, only one of 11 rolls had a ripped corner, but thankfully I ordered more than needed and didn't end up using that roll. Lawn is growing well and brought the happiness I needed to my garden. Thanks!
Turf arrived wrapped and on a pallet, the turf was of good quality given the 8 weeks without any rain, it's been down 5 days and looking very good.
Turfonline 4 star review on 28th May 2020
Ordered on a Monday, arrived on Tuesday and got it laid straight away. Turf in excellent condition. Have watered it regularly as recommended and it looks like we are going to have a lovely lawn of fine green grass. Would strongly recommend Turf on Line to anyone looking to lay a new lawn.
This is the second time I've ordered from this company. Everything is so easy to get what u want and the quality off the turf is unrea.
Turfonline 5 star review on 28th May 2020
Took delivery of Jubilee Turf and (Shade-tolerant) Meadowmat. The Jubilee turf was the best I've seen: looks to be a tight weave on an excellent base with unvarying consistency, even across rolls. Arrived in perfect condition.

I'm inclined to be a bit more circumspect about the meadowmat: some of the edges look to be quite patchy, and the base was of poor consistency - very thin in some places and very thick in others. Website says it delivered mown but all I can see at the moment is a tangle of long grasses. Hopefully, it will settle and right itself.

Other positives are that the team are very easy to contact and pleasant to deal with. They actually missed an agreed delivery date due to an administrative error, but were apologetic and keen to make amends. Website is excellent and easy to navigate.

If it wasn't for some misgivings over the meadowmat I'd give 5 stars rather than 4, but I'd certainly recommend the Jubilee turf to others.
An all round harrowing experience !!
I would not recommend dealing with Harrowden Turf as my experience was truly dreadful.
Ordered the product online on a Saturday morning, provided correct house name, correct street name, correct town, correct county and a postcode with one digit typed incorrectly).
Phoned their sales office on Monday morning to confirm order details and advised their sales assistant to check the access on Google Maps as I was concerned about the size of the delivery vehicle. I was assured it would be fine and they would deliver to my address on the appropriate size vehicle. After calling them on the day my delivery was planned for, I was eventually advised they required an additional £40 to deliver the Turf, alternatively they would keep my prepaid £189 and I would receive no turf at all. (what a way to treat a customer).
Their feeble justification for applying the additional charge was my delivery was planned on the wrong vehicle due to one digit of the postcode being wrong (despite them having the full address and me calling their sales office to check the access at the property). After several discussions with their Ops Manager I reluctantly paid their £40 charge and attempted to recover this once I received the delivery. After 6 weeks and numerous emails and tel calls with a company Director I eventually received a partial £20 refund. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever endured. It appears to me that this organisation refuse to accept any responsibility for their errors and look for any reason to apply additional charges once they have your order.
This was an unfortunate situation but it highlights the importance of accurate delivery address and other information. The delivery postcode is critical as it used for delivery scheduling and small errors can, as in this case, lead to a order being allocated on the wrong delivery route by a depot. We purely sought to pass on the cost we incurred from the 3rd party courier to redeliver the following day. We had no recourse to the delivery network due to the incorrect delivery address provided by the customer and as a gesture of goodwill we agreed to share the cost.
Very good quality traditional meadow mat , good mix of grass and flowers.
Delivery exactly as stated , very good service indeed.
Ordering was easy, delivery was on time (paid for pre 11am delivery). Some of the turves were thinner than others, but not too much of a problem. On install, the turf looks rich and all the same type/colour, happy with that. Rooted well within a week but after 8 days I could see annual meadow grass popping up all over the lawn. I wouldn't have minded the odd one here or there but there are some clusters where there are many next to each other. As these lawn weeds are a lighter green, you start to see patches of a lighter green across the lawn. Also have little clusters of mushrooms too. Turfonline can't do anything about these issues which I understand somewhat. Review to what I received nonetheless.
Lushious green grass, great service.
From initial enquiry to delivery on time a pleasure to deal with you .
The results after only 7days of following your detailed instructions are superb and far exceeded my expectations . Excellent value for money . Congratulations to all concerned .
Turfonline 5 star review on 27th May 2020
The wildflower meadow turf is great - packed full of wildflowers some of which were already in bloom. 24 hours after laying and watering it looked as if it had been there for years. It has been admired by the neighbours and we are really happy with it.
The grass is lush. The gentleman who delivered it is a credit to the company. The only complaint would be that even though I used Turf onLines calculator I ended up with 10 extra rolls. I’ve double checked my measurements and they were correct. On saying that. The brother in law Is very happy with his free turf
Turfonline 4 star review on 26th May 2020
Good quality turf delivered quickly. Looks great a week after being laid. The online guide was particularly useful.

The only downside was the delivery company (Star Transport) whose truck demolished our driveway wall.
Enough great turf. The only reason I couldn't give 5 stars is, the size of the turf. Around 15% ones are (10 or 15cm) shorter than others. And the depth is thicker than the guided size. You could prepare more deeper slightly to keep the same level with your patio.
I received the highest level of product and service from Turfonline. The delivery was efficient and on time. The turf came nicely watered and in excellent condition.
It's been a week since I laid the grass and so far the results are fantastic. I would definitely use Turfonline again - they did exactly what I needed them to do. And I will recommend them heartily to friends and family. Nice job!
Great service, we needed to amend the order and required a part refund and it was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The turf itself was really good quality. Laid 6 days ago and starting to bed in and looks really lush and green
Turf was easy to order on line. We chose Jubilee turf and we needed the extra 5% recommended. Thanks!
The delivery came on the expected day and the driver called 30 minutes beforehand to warn us. We laid it immediately and it is growing well already. Very pleased with the service and product.
Very good turf in my experience , a couple of small defects at the ends of some rolls but apart from that brilliant quick delivery too
Turfonline 5 star review on 26th May 2020
Seems to be good quality with few weeds. Would order again.
Excellent quality fresh cut turf. The new lawn is settling in really well with daily watering. The turfs have not shrunk and pulled apart from each other. Really pleased with the purchase.
Turfonline is rated 4.61 based on 1,985 reviews