Greenhouse Stores Reviews

Own Driver, Courier
Over 7 Days
Read Greenhouse Stores Reviews

About Greenhouse Stores:

We offer a huge selection of high quality models and accessories from all of the leading brands and manufacturers in the glasshouse market today. We believe that gardeners need products that are made to last and won’t let them down, therefore we only have garden equipment for sale that we truly believe in and would happily use ourselves.

Sales@greenhousestores.co.uk

Mr M Peacock
Greenhouse Stores 4 star review on 21st March 2020
Sion
More Photos & Videos
This is the second product bought from Greenhouse Stores. I cannot rate them highly enough. The second product, a potting shed, was delivered on time and erected in the most appalling weather by 2 very professional and amenable guys. It is a pleasure to do business with this company and I would recommend them to anyone.
The instructions start off ok then the detail is not very good and print was very dark had to look up online. The opening roof window for the 6x4 greenhouse did not fit and i had to alter it the window opener would not fit the centres of the retaining catches. 1 piece of glass was broken when it was opened but i managed to get 1 from a friend, but i am pleased with the finished greenhouse despite some problems.
Good prices but not sure as to quality of product yet as still not received it after nearly 2 month wait.
Not overly bothered by this but there has been no communication with me re possible delivery date since a couple of days after I placed the order, this was a confirmation email. A bit more info as to the progress of my order would be good considering that I've paid £1600 up front for the product.
Here's hoping.
Scott T.
Hi Scott,
Thank you for your feedback.
Coloured Elite dwarf wall greenhouses are around 8 weeks as they are made to order which we do state on your confirmation email
There is also a contact number on the email for delivery updates which you can call at any time.
Elite always books in delivery 7-10 days before the actual delivery date.
delivery was very good and the man involved was exceptionally helpful.
Good service and prompt delivery. Instructions are pretty useless and not that clear on how components go together. Having finished the greenhouse it leaks at the opening windows in the roof. Not sure how to overcome the problem will seek advice.
Difficult to give a fair review as the problem we have had is with the Vitavia lean-to greenhouse itself. Would not recommend as it has been a complete nightmare to put together. The Instruction Manual is poorly written so with a 101 pieces to put together it is worse than trying to fathom out a Krypton Factor saga!! Bolts not provided to fix to the wall resulted in a whole sheet of glass shattering into 1,000 or more bits. We could go on and on about this but our recommendation would be don't bother!! Just wondering if this is going to survive one winter???
Now it's up it looks good and appears quite well made, although only time will tell how good the plastic components are. I am not a complete novice at this sort of thing, having built a Norfolk greenhouse a few years ago and recently erecting a glazed potting shed. The 'construction' manual provided does leave a lot to be desired. I understand that the greenhouses are sold in many countries, and therefore a 'picture' manual is considered suitable. However, this needs improvement. Where components have been changed why not provide an updated manual rather than a separate addendum? The pictures explaining the more complicated parts are poor, not really showing how certain bits are attached to other bits, even though these sections are often the most important. There are on-line tutorials so why not issue a DVD guide or complete downloadable film with the paper manual so that complicated sections can be watched in in slow motion, hopefully from several angles. These improvements to the instructions wouldn't cost much when compared to the cost of the product. You number some components for reference, which is useful, so why not number all of the components? You need to explain clearly that tempered glass is not toughened glass and will shatter easily if tapped sharply or allowed to flex (serious safety risk!). The louvre is probably the worst designed thing I have ever come across. Better quality instructions are also needed on how best to 'square' the structure before glazing.

As I have said, I am not a complete novice at this sort of thing, but it took some 20 hours to erect with much cursing of the manual.
I ordered roof vent and which I thought greenhouse window. 3 weeks later I checked my order ,found I bought roof vent opener. Email them to say i ordered wrong thing , and they put it right, two weeks later it arrived safe and sound.
Speedy delivery
Bit over complicated instructions
Greenhouse Stores 3 star review on 23rd September 2019
General product was a good quality.
Assembly instructions not the easiest to follow
A couple of the glass panels were broken. Packaging for a glass product transportation was very poor (multiple units stacked in simple cardboard boxes)
Not an outstanding purchase experience due to delivery issues not product.
Purchased the small greenhouse which was lovely quality. The only downside was the instructions were very unclear and it took husband 2 days to put together. One of the castors also broke before we had even used it.

Love the greenhouse; but would never buy again as it should not be this difficult for assembly instructions. Husband nearly put the lot in the bin but persevered. The small pieces were not packed together so it took ages to count components and some of the larger components the sticky info labels had come off so we had to guess which part was which.

Krypton Factor came to mind re; assembly.

Shame as I was going to order the potting unit; but it is a definite no from husband.

Please put instructions in writing as well as diagrams; especially when dealing with glass. There are pages of instructions and some instructions could be interpreted in a couple of ways, hence we had to dismantle some bits.

The glass panel holes for opening and closing the doors, could do with rubber or something as you could easily cut your fingers, just needs a finishing touch.

Despite the negative comment; we still love the unit and it’s an ideal size.
The given delivery times were totally wrong! The delivery when it happened was expertly dealt with by the driver.
Greenhouse Stores 3 star review on 14th August 2019
Sorry, unable to comment as still haven't been able to find anyone who can help us to erect!
I have not used the clips yet.
Extremely poor instruction manual on how to construct greenhouse. It leaks and cannot see how. Very disappointed
The instructions to construct the greenhouse were poor.
Very difficult to understand instructions as pictures are in black therefore hart..to see...top window holes are not in line with the Window catch so leakage around the window. We still have to remove door as cannot get the glass in.
The greenhouse as a unit is first rate but the plans for its construction are appallingly bad. I still cannot understand them and had to ‘wing it’ over four days to complete (the roof vent is still not correctly constructed and I have no idea what the plans tell me!!! Also the same greenhouse erected as an advert at my local garden centre has also got into a muddle regarding the roof vent!!!!). I would caution and prospective purchaser to be aware of the poor assembly plans. Heavily photocopied and extremely indistinct.
Delivery was the day before the arranged date, lucky to catch me in! The two large and heavy boxes were balanced on edge on extremely small pallet, totally unsuitable for the job, so considerable damage to one box, but thankfully no breakage or missing parts. Great product.
Very disappointed to find 2 glass panes broken emailed greenhouse stores still not heard anything after 10 days
Hi,
We have looked into this for you and you were left a telephone message on the 24.05.19 and emailed the glass replacement form the same day but you have yet to reply to either of them.
GS are ok to deal with but the on line details said delivery in 7 days however I had to phone to arrange. Problems arose with the delivery when my greenhouse wasn’t uplifted by the carrier. As it was just before the bank holiday this took several days to sort. It arrived the day before rescheduled date which was a surprise as I’d booked the following day off to sign for it.
Greenhouse Stores is rated 4.67 based on 3,220 reviews