GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

About GEM Motoring Assist:

Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

Not had to call them out yet. Disappointed that the renewal price was higher then the new policy price.
Anyone is good at taking peoples money , it is the service when needed what matters
Signup is easy, communication generally good. However, the one time I have used them for assistance it took nearly 3 hours to arrive. It wasn't a particularly busy day or remote location and the weather was good so I think this is fairly normal. I kept phoning them and they kept assuring me someone was on the way but forecast times were wildly optimistic. I might have got assistance faster on that occasion if I had simply phoned around some local companies. It's maybe still worth joining for the peace of mind. I'm giving them another try because I haven't found anyone better.
When papers arrive I will let you know what I think
Bit disappointed went on line got it cheaper than renewal 😡
The way Gem has treated me so far has been very good but I have only just joined and not used your services yet. Will be able to give a more in-depth view latter.
Can't give a real review as I have just joined.why do companies want a review when all you have done is paid to join. All I can say is easy to join
Joining appeared to be easy, but I have not yet had a confirmatory email or text
only just joined . joining up was easy .
I have breakdown cover which thankfully I have never needed. I phoned to insure my Motorhome for European travel. And was told they never have covered Europe. The web site clearly states it does. I am now covered by Red pennant for Europe. Perhaps staff training is in order.
30 seconds after going GEM Motoring Assist I was asked to write a review. What can I say? The only thing I have done so far is sign up.
Reasonable cover, but a great shame a discount is not offered to loyal or renewing cover customers.
Wanted Europe cover for car but the cost was far too high. Insurance companies for cars now include this in their policies and can be very cheap. I think mine is about £80 for UK and Europe cover.
A bit clunky, then it refused to recognise my debit card. But better than the RAC
It is not clear on the application page if cover is provided from home on either Extra or Reclaim. A 1/4 mile from home is repeatedly mentioned, but not From Home. The text on all pages should be clarified. A common breakdown will be at the home address eg failure to start. To not cover this for either service is useless.
Thank you for your comments. Both our policies Recovery EXTRA & Recovery RECLAIM cover you for breakdowns at home. This information is available on our website, so would be grateful if you could let us know your user journey so we can investigate further as to why you were unable to view this.
I have only just joined and have had no reason to call Gem. Hopefully I never will need to call but time will tell.
I only joined yesterday and have no evidence upon which to make a judgement on GEM Motoring Assist.
Deciding to join, I opted for the Direct Debit method of payment; however, the website rejected this application, for an unspecified reason that my building society was unable to explain. I then paid with my debit card without problems. I was disappointed that my membership does not start for 36 hours; surely coverage should be available instantly?
There could be a number of reasons for this failing the credit reference agency (CRA) check that we use (on a combination of your name, address and bank account information). For instance not all bank and building societies submit data to the CRA’s or it may be a business or non-current account such as an ISA or savings account that does not share consent. Your account may not be consented to share with the CRA. This is more likely if the account is older – i.e. opened prior to 2000 – your account may be known as a ‘non-consented account’ with the CRA. After this date most banks began obtaining customer consent to share this data and most new accounts are generally automatically consented. Should you wish to set up a direct debit for future collections, please contact the office and we can send out a paper mandate for completion. We do only offer cover to commence from midnight tomorrow from the date of application or from a later specified date up to 2 months in advance, this is stated on the website application when choosing the start date. We are pleased to welcome you to GEM. Kind regards The GEM Team
I have just joined which was easy & prices where reasonable but the proof will be in the use
It was relatively simple to subscribe to Gem breakdown cover. However when I tried to join online by selecting the direct debit option, I got declined. I phoned Gem and was told it won’t let me choose that option for “security reasons”! So why is it there?! Other than than, it was fine
Dear GEM Member, Thank you for posting a review of your joining process. We are sorry that you encountered a problem with setting up a Direct Debit. There could be a number of reasons for failing the Credit Reference Agency (CRA) check that we use. For instance not all banks and building societies submit data to the CRA’s or it may be a business or non-current account such as an ISA or savings account that does not share consent. Your account may not be consented to share with the CRA. This is more likely if the account is older – i.e. opened prior to 2000 – your account may be known as a ‘non-consented account’ with the CRA. After this date most banks began obtaining customer consent to share this data and most new accounts are . We take this opportunity to welcome you to GEM Motoring Assist. Kind Regards The GEM Team.
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.69 based on 2,428 reviews