GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

About GEM Motoring Assist:

Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

I just rang your number and was very nicely assisted and given directions by your rep.
Thank you very quick and easy to sign up and become a member. Regards Michael
Straightforward, good value cover. Would like a monthly dd option ?
Have not had to avail ourselves of your services as yet....however the application was quite easy and straight forward.
An excellent and friendly call with Peter who was very helpful and efficient
Within less than 3 hours since buying cover it is a little early to pass comment. Internet acquisition however was straight forward. Hopefully, if required, use of the cover and the recovery service will prove as promised.
Joining was straightforward, documents in plain English & easy to find. The specific information I required eg punctures was not buried deep in clauses and with favourable reviews I have joined
Hi haven’t had to use them yet thank goodness, but the customer service was very good. The lady answered all my questions very happy so far
As a new member and having not had to use the service I can only comment on the joining procedure. As a RoSPA advanced driver a discount is available for GEM Motoring Assist I found this very difficult to find on line. The RoSPA website does not have a link to GEM, in fact it makes no mention of it. I did email GEM who conformed the discount was available and provided details of the GEM website or telephone option to join. I chose to join via the website and paid £72 .49, i'm still not sure if I got a discount or not.
easy enough to join I trust that I will not ever have to call them out and thus post a different review You have to look to see exactly what is covered so not immediately focused hence 4 star
Good customer service
Found it difficult to understand the phrasing of a tick box regarding receiving documents through the post. The box was already ticked so I thought this means I will receive printed material (insurance documents) in the post (but I may be wrong)
Inadvertently forgot to renew my subscription. Easy to rejoin and happy with previous price and service.
Not used service yet, but joining process very easy and simple to do. Looking good
The right level of cover at the right price for a classic car owner.
The whole process was very quick and problem free.
Only just joined so no real idea how good their roadside assistance/recovery is, but the joining process was painless and cheaper than competitors. Hopefully won't need them anyway!
I belonged to GEM for many years and always found them extremely good. I dropped my membership a few years ago when the premium suddenly shot up but have now returned as the 'pay and reclaim' service works better for me that adding the cost to my motor insurance and then trying to use the system via a third party [i.e. the insurance company] with only a hazy idea of who to call and no information as to a membership number etc - you don't need that in an emergency!
Have only just booked but that was straightforward, cover offered seems good value and hopefully I won't have to test the rest!
Web site is easy, however, on reading ‘Ts & Cs’ it ‘appeared’ that if a repair was not possible within 60 mins recovery would be to a repair garage within 10 miles or territory, a quick phone call to GEM clarified that recovery was indeed NATIONAL, not just local, might have been just me getting confused, but that’s how it looked, Anyhoo, signed up for it so just wait and see.... or hopefully not
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.69 based on 2,428 reviews