GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist

About GEM Motoring Assist: Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"Very easy experience joining up, a welcome change to have the telephone answered by an actual person and not a machine."
Posted 1 hour ago
"Remarkably easy to join with options clearly spelt out. I particularly like that it is the person who is insured rather than a vehicle. This simplifies matters if for example, I am driving my wife's car. The premiums seem reasonable and for example are lower than the two main providers."
"Not needed assistance yet but diane was very helpfull and polite,no push button menus,through to a helpfull human twice within three rings! A.a. take note! A twenty minute wait and then someone who could barely speak english! Gem ,so far so good!"
"Very easy to set up breakdown cover and I hope that if I ever need to call them the process will be just as easy."
"A very quick and uncomplicated process to register."
"So easy to join, got very clear and useful info on joining and of course choosing your policy is so easy with only 2 options. Made me feel that leaving my usual provider was the right decision."
"Not had to use the service yet but great cheap cover and really easy sign up."
"Very easy to join,had been with the RAC for nearly 40 years. Having not called out a breakdown service for over 10 years,I can't really review the breakdown side of GEM.The reviews do look good which is why I joined."
"Relatively straightforward to join. Bit surprised there isn't a "what to do if you do break down" document with phone nos. membership no, etc. on it. Ended up generating one myself, as if you do break down it is invariably in a remote location at an inconvenient time and that's the point that you need that one bit of paper saying who to call with all the required details on."
"Very easy to purchase online.Good value."
"Utterly easy and straightforward to join"
"Very easy to join, very clear policy details, good value. Hopefully, I do not have to use the service!"
"Very clear, simple and straightforward."
"Joined because your cost is lower than the one I managed to squeeze out of RAC (member since August 2009)., and because you are Which recommended. Website was easy to navigate. Pleased to be able to pay with PayPal. I don't have a printer so I was disappointed there's no option to receive documentation through post."
"Quick and easy getting started with Gem. Good discount and start up offer"
"Review is only for joining experience - Very Easy!"
"I reviewed other providers, but joined Gem as it was rated highly by Which mag."
"So far, so good!"
"I joined by phone and found it easy, and everything was explained clearly and details were sent as promised."
"Decided to change from RAC after nearly 11% increase this year ,hadn't called them out at all. I'm a Which member and seeing GEM came top of their recommended breakdown cover providers decided to change to GEM. Joining online couldn't have been easier . Hope I never have to use their services but from those that have I feel reassured I have made the right decision ."
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.64 based on 1,367 reviews