GEM Motoring Assist Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend GEM Motoring Assist

About GEM Motoring Assist: Originally established in 1932 as the Company of Veteran Motorists to combat the increasing number of road accidents, GEM Motoring Assist is the UK’s leading driving based Road Safety association with around 70,000 members. We bring our members dependable, rapid round-the-clock breakdown recovery assistance, and because our schemes cover people rather than vehicles, you’ll find us a whole lot more flexible than other breakdown providers.

enquiries@motoringassist.com

Station Road

"Very straightforward to join, with fairly comprehensive description of levels of cover. However, the 'membership fee' wasn't clarified until after paying for cover."
"The website was easy to navigate, not like a lot of their competitors"
"The joining process was straight forward - but I will have to see what the actual service from GEM is like, if ever I have the misfortune to breakdown and require their assistance."
"I reviewed my previous cover with another Breakdown company and remembered an item in the AutoExpress Car magazine that listed GEM as the top rated breakdown company by their members. After checking I found the cover by GEM much more comprehensive especially the fact it was personal cover rather than specific vehicles. This means that even if my wife & I are driving any one of the family cars we need not worry if we have a problem."
"WEBSITE IS VERY CLEAR AND CONCISE, AS ARE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. ALSO EASY TO PAY AND SO A QUICK AND PAINLESS EXPERIENCE - AND A GOOD PRICE FOR A COMPREHENSIVE PACKAGE"
"Very easy joining process."
Donnithorne
Verified Buyer
"Extremely helpful and a real person."
Martin-Sperry
Verified Buyer
"Helpful and informative"
"The offer was simple and clear, with straightforward pricing. The screen process was good."
"Brilliantly easy to and vfm to set up. Hope the service is as good if I ever have to use it"
"All Good - lady on phone excellent and helpful. G Roots"
"Very easy to sign up. All is covered. Very smooth mobile App!! Fair price."
"2 years ago had to call for assistance for my son cars (family plan). After 5 phone call and 6 hours later a recovery truck was sent out. May you just had a bad day so have given another chance. I would better if there was good communication? Had to go through the Ombudsman. Gem should have nipped in the bud before washing their hands of the complaint."
"Joining was extremely easy as the website was simple and intuitive to use."
"I researched thoroughly the features of the numerous breakdown insurances on offer. I was concerned that my wife's vehicle, a Mercedes Vito would not be covered as the van version is above 2500GVW. However, ours has windows and seats and is registered as an MPV diesel car, Diane was very good and quick in coming back with the reply which she also confirmed in writing. GEM may not be the cheapest on offer, but like verything else in life you do tend to get what you pay for, and its no use sitting by the side of the road with a broken down vehicle to find out that you are not covered by the small print. Good product, good service."
"By competing with the all recovering company’s you look the best We will see in the future"
"Clear and easy to understand - even the T's and C's."
"Great price, quickly covered thanks"
"Needed help with joining online , so phoned the helpline , my call was answered and problem solved quickly , no problem .... very impressed with customer service"
"Very competitively priced for the service provided. Hope not to need to use, but, confident there service will be 5 star."
GEM Motoring Assist is rated 4.62 based on 1,168 reviews